• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Clancy and the Orange - WIP Comic Strip

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys,

I've been working on a comic strip for a new character of mine named Clancy. He's an insane do-gooder genius doctor. He also has a bone to pick with oranges. That's right, oranges. Like the fruit. He strongly believes that a color cannot be edible, and thus hates oranges. I did mention he was an idiot, right?

Anyway, if you want to know more about him, you can find his google doc HERE. Keep in mind I might edit it later with various new stuff about him. He's open for roleplays as well, but the main reason I'm here is for the comic strip I made for him.

I've never made a comic strip before, and have limited experience with figure drawing...So I'd like some feedback on it while I'm working. I realize my shading is kinda crap/nonexistent, so some tips on how to do shading, especially digitally, would be a great help. I use a non-display wacom tablet and the Sketchbook program, which I think came with my tablet, or maybe it was free. Can't remember.

I also don't typically color things, so some tips on that could be useful, as well. Anyway, here's the comic strip as it is so far:

Clancy Comic WIP.png

To explain the arc of the comic strip, seeing as how it isn't finished, note that panel 1 and 2 are complete. Panel 3 is not, I plan to add his nurse, Miya, standing in the doorway. She'll flip on the light switch in Panel 3 and have a speechbubble saying, "Uhm...doctor?"

Panel 4 will consist of Clancy suddenly breaking into manic laughter. I imagine a pose something like THIS. Then, in panel 5, he'll point very dramatically and accusingly at the orange and shout, "COLORS CAN'T BE EDIBLE!!"

Panel 6 will show the orange still sitting on the table, with a sweat icon like the one in THIS picture next to it. In the background, you'll see the nurse with a face something like THIS.

And then the strip will be over. So, what do you all think, in regards to both the story line of the strip as well as the art? I realize it isn't anything fancy, but that's why I'm here lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back