Claimed by Darkon [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilfer

Mistwalker
Title: Claimed by Darkon
Players: 4-6 (gauging interest)
System: 5e (With some Ravenloft tweaks)
Discord Game (maybe a few posts or cutscenes on RPnation for formatting)
Starting Level: 3

Premise: Darkon, land ruled by the Wizard King Azalin-Rex. A powerful ruler who has handled his far reaching land with the power only an immortal Wizard King could do. His will was in indomitable and rule indisputable… Until it wasn’t. During a public ceremony called on by the King himself to show case a great magical device that would allow the King to extend his influence and magic great distances, something went wrong. Whether the device malfunctioned or was sabotaged is anyone’s guess, as a giant wave of energy pulsated outwards from the city center of Il Aluk, killing the entire city and nearby countryside.

In the coming weeks, and months the cities around Darkon have been at a loss as many public officials try and maintain order within their cities as they figure out how to appoint a new King or Queen. With the death of the only Sire to the throne dead by the King’s own hand many years prior and having left no further Sires there are many factions vying for control. There are also whispers of the King’s Kargatane or secret police have been making trouble makers disappear, as well as Falkovnia an enemy country to the south is preparing a fourth invasion. Without the King’s powers to help defend the realm many are being conscripted into the King’s army but who controls this King’s army? Can Falkovnia be fought off when many of the troops are new bloods to battle while Vlad Drakov’s armies are veterans? Some people seek to flea Darkon in this convoluted mess. The Church of the Eternal Order preach that the end times have come, and the undead will rise up to reclaim the land of the living. With reports coming from the city of Il Aluk speaking of hordes of undead within the city, it’s hard to argue. Even more some whisper that the King is not dead. In this chaos of a realm who are you?

This campaign starts at least initially in the port city of Martira Bay and can go potentially many directions depending on the party, if they ally with anyone or want to get the heck out of dodge. That being said Monster’s in this campaign may be altered from what you’re used to in 5e. An example from my last campaign is a certain Lycanthropic Strain had a Gold Weakness instead of Silver. Feel free to DM me if you have questions.

Im not entirely sure I understand what I just read however it sounds cool as hell, and its a zilfer game; any game you run has to be good (Source, blackburn, omen star). You have my full attention and I would love to play

This does look pretty interesting. What sources and stat systems will you be allowing for character generation, and (roughly) how long do you expect the game to run?

I'd be interested in actually participating in a game from the beginning. But, since I'm already in one of your games, I would just ask that you take priority over people that haven't played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back