• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Claimants of the Forsaken Lands

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
ignite-marketplace-6480-6480-village.jpg

Helbaron
dropping out of the mirror and rolling Tegbaron thought he was done for.. but.. no by some strange blessing he was alive.. the farmer were trying to kill him.. he thought the rumours were just that, rumours.. he was... well shaken.. he'd left the place undefended and he was over thinking things.. but now he had proof.. proof of the farmer's blatant betrayal of him and everyone here.. it wasn't bloodlust that fueled his action now.. no it was anger and fear, two emotions that were still very powerful in all regards. marching into the town centre he had something to do a speech.. at this point he had the evidence to truly condemn the shepherd's actions.

"my people it has come to my attention, that the shepherds that oppose my presence here have attempted to sever my material from here, the campfires in the distance were mercenaries upon my approach, they immediately attacked, claiming they were here to kill ME, this will not be tolerated! what next form then? hire more mercenaries to shake you down? ransack your fields? they are not evil but, power goes to one's head and it's clear, the Shepards believe they have it! over all of us, they are misguided but dangerous... the time for talk has passed, they've struck the first blow and to remain idle now is only to ask for death"

1) give a speech to the town informing them of the incident with the mercenaries
2) pray to the god once again (hopefully not a dark god this time lol)

Colova
Eyva smiles, once more snuggled up with her pack. It's been hard work these last couple days, working to prevent future threats. She's damn glad she did, though. She made a new friend, if she can call Mor'Gal that, and those mind eaters had the potential to wipe out this little village if they reached the next generation.

I would have been fairly upset if someone else joined our little game. I think it's better with just us, don't you?

Eyva's expression sours.

You always show up when all I want is peace. Very rude. But yes, you're enough of a handful without additional parasites.

Additional! Now who's rude. Anyway, I can't help but notice that you haven't warned this lovely little town about me. How do you think they'll take it if they see me? See what kind of threat you really are to them? How would poor Quintus take it if you suddenly got mean to him?

..............bitch.

Orders
Construction of a pig pen
Seeing if we can't harvest salt from the ocean​

CƎNSUS

Foalsfort Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%100 Children

Buildings/Dwellings
Latrine (Fertilized Garden)
Wall of Torches
Insulated Homes

Taxation
Village 95% [Collective]

Exports
Main: Lumber (Ironwood)
Minor: Daggers (Poor Quality)
Bows (Poor Quality)

Land
Forest

Revenue
21 Gold, 2 Silver, 6 Copper

Wealth
47 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Copper

Government
Elected Officials
(Demitri 40%
Marta 20%
Adam 16%
Kahmen 12%
Neeso 9%)

6a26658edb459e84fed94d099e3a185a.png

"Cripes, these things are itchy" exclaimed Adam, draped in a sheet of fur and fidgeting atop the stump because of it.

Hovering around him was Marta and one of Kahmen's newest apprentices Aarne. With short blonde hair that framed her plump face quite nicely, attention was quickly drawn to her youthful features and her single sapphire like eye.

With all of their resident Tinkerer's epiphanies with the caught wildlife, Kahmen had seen it fit to teach two of their fellows her knowledge in the field. With Aarne proving adept with needlework, and Helle not minding getting her hands dirty, the two girls easily took on the roles of Tailor and Tanner respectively.

From his vantage point, and on the tips of his toes, he could see the young Satyress appear, maybe more stumble, from behind the latrine carrying the dripping skin of some creature as she headed back to Kahmen's tent. Loath to know the specifics of why Helle went to the Latrine with her things, Adam was content in the knowledge that for every bit of flesh she worked with, he would in turn be getting some meat for his new soup. Using his finest vegetables alongside them, Adam hoped to save their stocks and stave off illness with his culinary creation.

"Stay still Adam your acting worse than Palio" scolded Marta, as Adam fell back on his heels

Standing beside her only a moment ago, the toddler had already broken away from Marta, seeming to be having fun in his new clothes, digging deep into a nearby snowbank with his hands as he plastered his legs with the soft snow. "Palio! Stop that!" Marta admonished "Aarne just made them for you and now you're getting them all wet!"

With Palio distracting Marta, Adam spoke to his cyclopean clothier in a hushed tone.

"Hey Aarne, if i give you a big bowl of soup think that'll let me get out of this?"

Aarne looked up, indifferently, at him with her bountiful blue eye while Marta, used to handling more than one child at a time, was quickly on Adam again as she beckoned Palio to her side.

"Oh no! Don't think you're going to get yourself out of this young man. Demitri told me about your grumbling so I decided to keep you under close watch." snapped Marta

Adam looked around the clearing near the bonfire, small children and toddlers running around in it's light or patiently waiting in it's warmth. All the kids his age seemed to be inside their warm tents, he slowly noticed, leading to a embarrassing epiphany. "Hey, you lumped me in with all the little'uns, didn't you!?"

Marta stood with her hands on her hips, a stern expression on her face as Aarne giggled below him. "If you arrived sooner Adam, you would have had your measurements taken and already been fitted like Demitri and Neeso and the rest of the hunting parties. But you didn't did you? And now your here under my watch like the rest of the youngsters"

Adam sneered at Marta, as Aarne lifted his arm and measured the length.

"If your going to be wheeling your cart around in the cold Adam, you're going to need to stay warm." chided Marta

"Why do you think i'm making my special soup for?"

Marta's expression softened. "While i'm grateful for that, a warm belly won't help if you going out all natural. You need some protection Adam."

"I've got all I need" said Aarne, putting her fine string of rabbit hair in her pocket, looking between Marta and Adam.

Adam was visibly relieved, shirking off his shawl before dropping off the stump.

"Thank you Aarne" said Marta.

"Yeah. Thanks" chimed in Adam as he quickly headed back to his tent and cart, and hopefully a nice pot of bubbling soup.

Turn Actions:
To save rations and food stocks, a hearty soup of meat and veg will be made. Wooden bowls will be made from the nearby trees, with melted snow, small game and veg mixed together and boiled over the fires to make the soup. The Herbalist (Adam) will choose the more medicinally beneficial vegetables for the broth as a preventative measure against illness. (Poor Quality Daggers used)

Fur clothes will be made for the children by the Tailor (Aarne) and the Tanner (Helle). This will be a gradual procedure, with the youngest and most vulnerable as well as the working children (Hunters, Councillors etc) provided them first, as to not deplete the current stocks so readily. Process will continue on until end of Winter.

Marta and Kahmen will help in both endeavours if needed.

(Demitri will accompany Neeso's hunting parties, the latter armed with the bow and Demitri his Unnamed Sword, as protection on their hunts from the loose creature. Hunts will be focused on the sites away from the escape site if possible)

Last edited:
Bowels of the MountainHome

1665987980443.png

Of all the places I could’ve chosen, must I have chosen this fishbowl? Thesius scowled. He had called the council to meet, away from the noises at camp. Normally, it would not have been a problem - but in these dwarven caverns, the thick air carried voices far through the swirling tunnels. The scouts had found this cave a quarter of a mile from camp where, although the echoes were still there, the common man would have little material for rumor.

Was it a cave? It was difficult to tell. If it was not, the dwarves had painstakingly carved out a perfect sphere of space, then smoothed it all. It must have been a massive undertaking - the space was gigantic, the one room perhaps ten times the size of Ironhold’s church. An intricate masterwork engraving of an elephant stretched over the ceiling, partially distorted by the curve. Underneath sat Thesius, Remus, Faron, and Miles in thick wooden chairs adjacent to a long table. Underneath them was another engraving. Five dwarves had been dancing merrily in a circle. A white liquid, seemingly defying gravity, flowed through the carved veins of the elephant downwards into the dancing dwarves. On top of it all, the room was lit by a mysterious light blue hue that originated out of nowhere, simply existing in the air. It is a true masterwork. Thesius could not believe the handiwork of the dwarven kingdom. The tools, the expertise, it would have been truly incredible. But a thought continuously dug into his mind. If they were so powerful, how did this creature force them out…?

Remus, Faron and Miles were looking at him, waiting. For once in his life, Faron looked unnerved. He sat there, fingering his pendant of Oberon. The other two were nervous too, Thesius could tell, but they hid it better. The caves, the forced march had worn them all. At least it was not cold anymore.

“Your reports.” Thesius said, more of a statement than a question. “Remus, you first.”

“Sure. The squires have been training well, my lord.” Remus replied. “As you know, Avery has been assigned to steward for Leo, Alfdor for Faron, and Gormon for me. Alfdor appears to be the most promising, but it will be a long time before they truly master their swords. If we require additional forces, I would suggest we press the peasantry into service as spearmen. Neither would - “

Faron cut in. “Aye, neither would likely be fully trained by winter, but it is a good idea. I remind you, Remus, I am the marshal of this army.” He did not even bother to look at Remus.
Remus eyed him for a moment, shrugged, and replied curtly, “Of course, commander.” Is this some boyhood fight, or another Valentus? Thesius let the topic die. There were more pressing issues right now.

“What did the scouts say, Faron?” Thesius asked.

“They see broken stalagmites and vague tracks, but not the supposed beast. The caves are winding and tiresome for them and their saddle horses - confusion clouds their senses, my lord.” Faron caught Thesius’ look, and quickly added. “I would send more, my lord, but I have no more capable scouts left.”

The words echoed through the hall. Left, left, left.

Thesius shook his head, ignoring the sound. “We must continue on, as quickly as possible then.” They had tried to map the caves out at first, which had become a futile exercise. It had been a wonder that no scouts had been lost, especially at the pace of their travels and the monster that lurked in the shadows. “Miles?” Thesius asked, looking at the physician.
“Nothing new, my lord. Your toes are healing well. The leeches are performing their task - if only I had more. Your soldiers and the common folk do not seem to be well. Nightmares and other… mental ailments have become frequent. I will do the best I can, but it is well that you know.” Miles patted his leather leech sack, rather proudly. “We also still have those fur tents.” Thesius nodded in response.

And now, the fourth. The seat was empty, however. Valentus had been the steward of the trip, calculating rations, bookkeeping, and sending messages.

“Valentus is gone.” Thesius said, as if his mentor was taking a short vacation and would be returning soon.

Gone, gone, gone, the cavern repeated back.

“We need a new steward. Have you found anyone?” He said, to no one in particular.

Remus tapped his fingers on the wooden table. “I have.” Remus replied, rather hesitantly. “A cripple from the common folk. Knows how to read words, and knows numbers even better. A merchant by trade. His name is Gernot. Gernot Mystra.”

“Do you trust him?” Miles asked.

“No.” Remus sighed. “But we need someone to do Valentus’ work. We do not have a spymaster, but I’ve asked around and Gernot seems to have an upstanding reputation. Whether that counts for anything is beyond me.”

“Give him the books, Remus. We’ll see how he fares.” Thesius waved his hand. “You’re all dismissed. Tell them to pack their things - we’re moving.”

They all nodded, pushed out their chairs, and stood up before exiting the sphere. For a moment, Thesius was all alone, still sitting in his wooden chair. He took this time to look around once more. The elephant was there, in its majestic glory, but when Thesius looked down, he could see that the weight of the chairs had crushed parts of the dwarven engravings on the floor. One of the legs on Miles’ chair had dug into the eye of a dwarf. Remus’ chair had flattened a stomach and cracked a leg of another. Faron’s had chewed through lips and a set of smiling teeth.

For Thesius, his dancing dwarf, arms and legs outstretched in joy had had its chest mashed to a pebbly pulp. Thesius looked at it, and for a moment felt that they had committed some grievous mistake. They’re just some stone carvings, Thesius. He thought to himself. They didn’t save the dwarves from that monster, and they won’t save you now. Thesius rubbed his eye with his hand. He had put his mother’s ring on, and the ruby mixed with the cave’s blue tint to produce a dull purple. He couldn’t be sure, but Thesius thought that the ruby was strangely warm.

Turn Actions:
Exit the cavern as soon as possible
Another scouting party. We'll try to map out what sections of the caves that we can, keep an eye out for any loot, and see if we can spot that monster.

Claimants of the Forsaken Lands Turn 6
Winter Month 3

It is the final month of winter. Somehow, through the blessing of the god or the luck of chance, this year has been light for sickness and disease. What little there was did not spread across the land and was quickly contained and treated, most unusual. Still, this month is greatly unpleasant, it is exceedingly difficult to travel, build or move around as it is incredibly cold, although not so much along the coast or the desert, and snow has fallen very heavily over most of the Forsaken Lands. But if the claimants can weather this month, spring is coming. Spring will not be as prosperous as the Harvest Season, as Planting Season isn't quite as great for the coffers, it is still a large improvement over winter.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Helbaron

Snow coated Helbaron and made travel very difficult, a few people got sick, but those they did were moved to the hospital so it could not spread. Luckily, what few cases of sickness there were proved to be non-fatal, so no one was harmed by it. Truly, they enjoyed the protection of the great Tegbaron. News of the attack of the mercenaries brought outrage in the town. To do something so bold was unthinkable, to hire assassins? Who would they try to push around next? The shepherds had always held themselves apart, held themselves as 'better' then the others. The outrage convinced many that were sitting on the fence to side with Tegbaron as well as increased his personal cult following [increased by 8%]. What few remained neutral tried, and failed, to caution.. caution, advising that it was a small minority of the shepherds that had done this, a die hard core of extremists just as the rumors had said so many months back [Fellowship Failed]. A mob was forming and they wanted blood. The only reason they did not leave to get it now was because they weren't quite sure where the Shepherds were camped and leaving into the dense snow was dangerous even at the best of times.

Still, if Tegbaron had wanted to build an angry mob, he had done so. The mob consisted of the 14 hunters who called it home and 48 angry men armed with tools. it would be easy enough for Tegbaron to keep their angers stoked and ready to be unleashed, but would they be enough should the mercenaries return? The hunters, who hunted animals even in winter, had found what remained of the burnt camp and had followed their trails for a short while. Most of them seemed to have perished in the snow, but two were missing, A swordsmen and the 'Leader' that Tegbaron mentioned, with the large two handed blade. They likely made it back to their company and would be informing them of what transpired and it was only a matter of time before they realized Tegbaron was alive. They weren't likely to send a single squad this time..

But when would they be back to strike? Almost certainly sometime in spring... Tegbaron didn't have as much time as he may have wished to prepare... But a trip to the temple was called for. Perhaps the Master of Mirrors could help him in this dark hour? [Small scene will be done for him praying so you can use your one reroll you gained from this turn for it].

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Helbaron Population

Cult Members
349 [82% are members of the cult.]

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
100% Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
Sheep

Terrain
Hills

Current Projects
200 (80 gold used so far) gold for infrastructure [43%]

Construction Paused.

Completed Projects
Hospital

Revenue
33 Gold, 4 Silver, 5 Copper

Upkeep/Expenditure

Income
33 Gold, 4 Silver, 5 Copper

Treasury
888 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper

Foalsfort

The soap created doesn't stretch out rations any further as they were already at the bare minimum given to each child, but the soup, even without Adam's extra medicinal herbs, is healthier then what they were eating before. While it may not stretch out the food more, it does have many health benefits and is great for warming up the kids in the frosty nights [Increased Resistance and Recovery from Sickness]. Helle and Aarne work together to fashion some fur clothing [5 silver a piece compared to 1 gold due to tailor/tanner working on it rather then Kahmen] and manage to make enough for 30 of the children of Foalsfort. This is enough for the youngest, the hunters and the gathers. While it is pretty expensive to do so, it is seen as worth it as this is the hardest part of winter, the fur clothing is rather nice and is a much needed replacement for their own which is in tatters and spring is around the corner. While spring won't be as prosperous as Fall, severe rationing will no longer be needed so their stocks should grow [30 children now have fur clothing].

Demitri accompanies Adam out hunting, being sure to avoid the the ruptured cage before although none of the boys know what kind of beast it is, but they do know they probably want nothing to do with it. Still, they managed to capture a few rabbits and other such small animals with Demitri's bow and some snares. The large Kahmen traps managed to capture some larger pray such as a large buck that proved quite helpful to the diminishing food stores of the camp [+10 Gold]. In the distance, a lot of smoke was seen, but it was far enough away to not be a concern, but it is a wonder who started such a massive fire.

Kahmen didn't seem to be struck by any inspiration this month, was a bit too cold for her blood, so nothing interesting or unique was created in this time.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Foalsfort Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%100 Children

Foalsfort Council
Demitri (40%)
Marta (20%)
Herbalist Adam (16%)
Tinkerer Kahmen (14%)
Hunter Neeso (9%)

Notable Members
Aarne [Tailor]
Helle [Tanner]

Taxation
Village 95% [Collective]

Resource
Lumber (Ironwood)

Terrain
Forest

Current Projects

Completed Projects

Wall of Torches
Insulated Homes
Khamen Traps
Adam's Medicinal Soup

Revenue
31 Gold, 2 Silver, 6 Copper

Expenditure/Upkeep
-55 Gold, 1 Silver
[As you are a 'Collective', the children have not prepared their own food, and will instead be eating the 'stocks' saved up. So your treasury. They are currently eating 20 gold and 1 silver a month. This is a rationed amount, and small, but as everyone is children, this isn't the worst]

Income
-23 Gold, 8 Silver, 4 Copper

Treasury
23 Gold, 2 Silver, 8 Copper

maxresdefault.jpg

Icewick: Into the MountainHome

The trip through the MountainHome was not getting any easy, in fact, the people suffering from the lack of light seems to only be growing. People are starting to suffer from panic attacks while others pick and scratch at their skin as nervous wrecks, opening up blood palms and forearms. But the knowledge they are getting close, that Nasrin is certain they will soon be out is giving them hope. Hope that this whole ordeal will be over. Hope that they will, once more, get to see the sun and feel the gentle wind against their cheeks.. although the nightmares from this place will stay with many for a long time.

Among the floating lights and bizarre creatures unlikely anything they had ever seen, the scouts have found something. A large door that they were able to open, in it were treasure beyond imagining. Mountains upon mountains of gold, gleaming armor and weapons upon stands.. Enough wealth to buy a kingdom, more gold then likely lay in all of Ironhold. A Vault. An untouched, unlooted, forgotten vault of this once great dwarven MountainHome that stretched across the mountains. The wealth of this mighty kingdom, of this kingdom that dug too deep, too greedily, lay before them. Ripe for the taking. They could load the carts up with so much loot that they'd be set for a very, very, long time. The Knights and Longbowmen could, in theory, replace their equipment with mastercrafted dwarf items... And perhaps, just perhaps, within the vault lay the greatest of all prizes. A Runic Weapon. A weapon of a forgotten era, a weapon that defied logic and reason, a weapon worth fighting wars over. Perhaps this vault contained such a mythical item.

... However, before the order could be given to search and seize, the scouts returned from the rear, their faces an ashen white, barely able to stammer what was coming... A monster of flesh and bone. A rolling mass of rot and death. The creature that devoured this kingdom. The beast from the deep.

The Soul Stealer Has Found You.

The smell of rot and decay has become overwhelming. It is hard to breath.

The moans and scream fill the caverns behind the caravan, death comes for the Men and Women of Ironhold.

Already screams can be heard in the distance, distorted inhuman screams as short, burly figures with inky black skin that drip onto the ground are surging from the darkness, their eyes a blazing red, their mouths hanging open to their knees an infernal light blazing in their bellies.. The previous occupants of the MountainHome, the slaves of the Soul Stealer and its vanguard come.

Thesius must make a choice. He will have to muster his forces and hold back the tide so the slower parts of the caravan, the actual wagons, can escape the MountainHome, but before he did that... Did he wish to loot the vault, and if so, how thoroughly? Did they want to laeve and take nothing, getting a head start and not having to hold out against the beast and its children for long? Did they want to only take a few things? Did they want to reequip their soldiers and fill their pockets? Or did they want to take as much as they and their carts could carry?

The more they loot, the longer they will have to hold against the monsters of the dark..

[An Event has happened to you. The tight against the Soul Stealer, to hold it off till you escape, will happen for free and take no action. Tag me in discord when you wish to do this]

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Icewick Population

Demographic Breakdown:
50/50 men and women
%14 Elderly
%25 Children
%61 Adults
-
100% Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
None

Terrain
Mountain

Completed Projects
Collapsible Fur Tents [20 gold spent]

Revenue
30 Gold, 6 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure
107 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper
(Food, monthly payment, horse care, equipment maintenance)

Income
-77 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper

Treasury
165 Gold, 3 Silver

Military
7 Knights w/ Warhorses
3 Squires
32 Longbowmen

d5zij53-8d817a68-72d8-4186-819a-969afd1196ec.jpg

Nehekara

Arakis attempt to go to a nearby village and establish trade had failed. He had done well, managed to eck out agreeable terms that owuld have let Nehekara trade, although at a bit of a cost, with an intermediator, but Arakis had decided to attempt to use magic, twice, in their sacred temple. They had not been so forgiving of that transgression. Only the gods know if such a flagrant flaunting of their customs could have been worth it. It seemed only two choices lay ahead of Nehekara, to abandon their civlity and become the bandit stronghold they had been accused of or go farther afield to try and find trading partners. If caravans would not come to them, they could go to them. It was, by some fortune, that Nithra's caravan was still in relatively good condition and could be turned to their use. It would take around thirty of the villagers to 'crew' this caravan, acting as hands and support for the journey. In addition, it would do Arakis will to assign guards to the caravan in its travels for the Forsaken Land was a dangerous place, but what guards? Did he assign the Rangers to it and leave Nehekara defenseless? Did he wait for the militia to be trained, turn some to actual soldiers and give them the weapons of Nithra's old soldiers?

... Either way, when Arakis was ready to send the caravan, it would send, but he must first decide where it was going. [See below]

Caravan Routes
Caravan Routes available to you will be listed below. If something changes about this, I will post it in your next section to let you know! The top will be where it is going, then, underneath, details about it will be listed in this order:

Duration, Danger, Value.

Duration says how long the caravan will be gone. Short is one month. Moderate is two months. Long is three months. Generally, the further away, or the harder the terrain to travel, the longer it will take the caravan.

Danger represents how dangerous the trail is expected to be. This governs how likely they are to run into a threat as well as how powerful a threat could be. Caravans should always be guarded, especially if the danger is moderate or high.

Value represent expected profits to be gained when, and if, the caravan makes it back.

Grasslands
Short, Moderate, Small

Sunswept Mountains
Moderate, High, Moderate

Middle Kingdoms
Long, High, Very High

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Nehekara Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
40% Anubite/60% Human

Students
Nailah [Anubite]

Taxation
50%

Resource
Salt Fields
Copper (Turquoise)

Terrain
Desert

Current Projects
100 [50 gold used] for a Coppery Refinery [???]

A copper refinery would be a useful addition, perhaps they could start to make things out of copper to fill their iron deficit... but there was a massive issue. The equipment needed to actually run such a place isn't really capable of being produced by Nehekara. They'd need to either buy it from a caravan [which they cannot do] or send a caravan out to trade and get it. While they don't have the material to make it work, at the moment, they can at least contrust the actual building so when the material is bought and purchased, they can quickly get it up and running. Like almost all buildings in Nehekara, they are made of clay bricks baked in kilns with some lumber support. The price for the building, itself, is higher then normal as Lumber is normally imported to Nehekara and as that is no longer an option, lumber is at a premium.

Completed Projects
School of Magi
Training Field
Repaired Saltmonger Rakes
Copper/Turquoise Mines

Revenue
107 Gold, 2 Silver, 5 Copper

Upkeep/Expenditure
- 170 Gold

Income
- 62 Gold, 9 Silver, 5 Copper

Treasury
207 Gold, 8 Silver, 5 Copper

Military
100 Untrained Militia

Melian's Desert Rangers
10 Tatou Riders
25 Waabooz Warriors

Military Training
First batch of Militia in 1 turns.
Nailah advances in 4 turns.

HD-wallpaper-fantasy-city-village-mountain.jpg

LightHome

The work on the smithy is completed, thankfully, and now Logrim can begin training his apprentice in the proper art of blacksmithing and weapon making, maybe, someday, the apprentice will grow up to be a proper runesmith! Training to be a runesmith is long, arduous and dangerous, but each runesmith is not just a smith without peer able to make weapons of legends, but runesmiths are the keeper of the dwarven legacy, of history, masters of the delicate art. To be a runesmith is to stand on the shoulders of giant, working hard to preserve the knowledge before it crumbles to dust under their feet. It is not a proffession to be taken likely by any dwarf.

Snow has fallen very heavily, and it is all but impossible to leave their homes without spending a large amount of time shoveling and clearing out the snow. On some particularly bad days, everyone is snowed in, unable to even open their doors. Still, the Winter Brigade works hard to ensure everyone is taken care of, that no one runs out of food or falls ill without them knowing this. This hard work pays off [Disease Avoided] and the winter goes on without any loss of life, although a few people, especially those that make up the fire brigade, do fall ill at various times, but natural dwarf resilience allows them to push on. Fall below them, in the great forest that covers much of the Forsaken Lands, the scouts reported a large amount of smoke and at night the orange dull glow of a great fire could be seen, but it was some ways away and would likely fizzle out soon enough so was not a threat.

However, one morning a roar echoes in the mountain. A.. very loud roar that shakes the stone under their feet. As one of the Disgraced Guard looks to the sky, they shout a warning as something is seen flying towards them. Something that grows larger and larger with every passing moment. Oh... whatever it is, it is big.

[A negative event has happened to you, you do not need to spend an action to address this].

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Village Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 Men and Women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
96% Dwarf
4% Humans

Taxation
50%

Resource
Iron

Terrain
Mountain

Current Projects
200 [30 Gold Used] for Rails through the mines and town [15%]

Pasued

115 [115 Gold used] for a Weapon Smithy/Shop [100%]

The Weapon Smithy is finally completed! It can turn wrought iron [and the small amount of steel from the bloomery] into common melee weaponry. Anything from swords to axes to warhammers to greatswords. It can produce things like crossbows as well. It does not have equipment refined enough for powder weapon creation [Firearms] outside of, perhaps, blunderbuss. It is also possible, but a little dangerous, to mix his weapon smithy with some blackpowder to make some explosives. Still! Weapons can now be made from wrought iron and sold by Logrim and his new apprentice, this will greatly increase the profits of the town as they are very iron rich.

Completed Projects
Smelters
Wrought Iron Refinery
Weapon Smithy
Stonebread

Revenue
170 Gold, 4 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure
-32 Gold, 2 silver

Income
138 Gold, 2 Silver

Treasury
169 Gold

Military
23 Disgraced Guards
Tricannon
Four Warhounds

Training
Apprentice Smith [3 turns till complete]

06b73fef3701306458663ea93e37e167.jpg

Azdanur

Azdanur is hard at work on construction even as the ground is covered in snow. It is a large risk, being as cold as it is, but it seems the Order of Silver wants to take as much advantage of the increased build speed as possible to get the wall down. It was hard to know when Rokzog would be upon them, if he ever was, and so that defense would be needed even if only half the trained militia actually had weapons. The efforts to ensure everyone was clothed and fed seemed to have paid off as Azdanur did not have any outbreaks of sickness nor did anything foul befall them in this trying season. Now that the worst was gone, they could look forward to spring where things would begin to approach normalcy and be free of most of the wretched snow and cold.

A new batch of forty militia are trained and ready to fight and defend their homes, but they lack any weapons and so are currently using improvised weaponry [tools], but since the other half are using fairly poorly fashioned spears, they don't feel too put out by it. A guard rotation is set up and between the Sergeants and the 80 militia, there is certainly enough to keep a constant guard rotation in the town. They still rely on the hunters to keep an eye further afield, but it was better then nothing [Increased Detection Inside Village]. Chip, sadly, still cannot carry a beat to save his life, but he sure does give his hardest to.

Progress is being made, but perhaps not fast enough if Rokzog is truly coming.. And if he is coming, he'd likely arrive sometime in spring. If that massive orc, Gurak, was considered weak, according to Chip, compared to Rokzog. One could only wonder how powerful a warrior he had to be, and if he brought a Giant.. Things could get difficult. But at least they'd be able to see a giant coming from far away! It was the small things that needed to be said to keep everyone above water especially in these dark times.

Reyna did not create a masterwork this turn.
[Rolled 558, need 900+]

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Village Population

Demographic Breakdown:
51/49 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
80% Human/20% Other [Dwarves/Halflings/Other]

Magic Potential
1 Villager [Member of the Militia]
Forgrin

Taxation
50%

Resource
Aether-Kissed Marble

Terrain
Hills

Current Projects
335 [335 gold used so far, estimated final cost will be 400 gold] for Wooden Walls [84%]

A lot of work is done on the walls. Without the temple construction to slow them, the farmers and laborers are able to throw themselves at their work, while the heavy snow fall is dangerous and they risk disease by so many being out in the cold, it seems the gods smile upon them this season as no such thing happens and a lot of work is completed. There is a chance, if the rest of the gold is moved over, that work could be finished on the wall and all of Azdanur would be protected!

300 [60 gold used] for a Temple [20%]

[On Pause]

Completed Projects
Training Field
Statue of The Unknown Squire
Statue of Oberon

Revenue
114 Gold, 9 Silver, 5 Copper

Upkeep/Expenditure

-114 Gold, 5 silver

Income
4 Silver, 5 copper

Treasury
114 Gold, 4 Silver, 5 Copper

Military
15 Sergeants
Chip
17 Hunters
[Similar to militia only they have hunting bows already are a bit more trained)
80 Trained Militia
110 Untrained Militia

Military Training
2 turn for third batch of trained militia
Squires are at their 'max' for training.

istockphoto-483956751-612x612.jpg

Occiden Marag

There was some sorrow in the village over the deaths of three of their own, but the Lady in White had been dealt with and put at peace. Despite the set backs with the angry spirit, Ada made some more progress in getting more people to accept the ways and beliefs of the Aetherlings. It seemed almost regardless of Ada's work schedule, she always managed to find some time to spread her belief, extra impressive considering she was still walking between villages and making stops at Amalthea despite the snow blanketing the ground and making travel very difficult. A small sickness outbreak did happen at Ichern, but with Ada's help, it was contained [Passed Roll] and died out before it was able to spread. With the shipright completed, they could start working on boats to take them further up or down the river, perhaps all the way to Skallig they were so bold.

With spring around the corner, the village will soon start to reclaim more money. Not quite as much as in Harvest Season, but spring would be a more prosperous time which was good as some of the defenders of the town had finished their training. Twenty militia and twenty guards had learnt the very basics of combat and their weapons were complete at roughly the same time. The militia had their hunting powers and the guards had theirs along with their spears and shields. They were all fairly poor quality, but it was certainly better then any improvised weaponry that would otherwise have to use. With the hunters now having some support, perhaps more could be done, or would it be best to wait for spring and not tempt winters wrath? For a short while, it was somewhat difficult to breath as massive amount of smoke filtered in the air coming from the trees. With some luck, and favor of the spirits, great forest fire that started it did not come this way and, in a few days, the smoke cleared. However, there was a question of who, or what, started such a large forest fire in the dead of winter.

An apprentice program was begun to have the children learn from their elders, perhaps, learn tips and tricks before they were lost forever. Time would tell how effective this program would turn out to be, but it is exceptionally well funded.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Village Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
86% Aetherling
13% Human
Less than 1% Kobold [Zuhsa]

Taxation
50%

Resource
Arling River

Terrain
Forest

Current Projects
100 (100 Gold used so far) for a dock/shipwright (100%)

Along with the warehouse for lumber drying, a shipwright was built. The shipwright has numerous, large wooden beams that use rope and other supporting structures to hold up boats that are being worked on so that workers can easily go under them to check and finish construction. One created, the boat would be lowered onto logs and gently tugged into the river where it cold then be sailed as normal. A wooden pier was built that sticks out into the water, it doesn't go too far out, perhaps 50 feet in total, enough for a decent sized longship to dock and more easily be loaded and unloaded, or for a larger ship to anchor itself at the end and use it as the start of their boarding plan for a similar purpose. The Shipwright is large enough that longships could be made at it.

[You didn't need to spend 60 more gold, I already deducted the 60 you'd need when I first started this! So won't be taking that away, unless you wanted to use that 60 to try and upgrade the shipwright to make it larger to start working on large river barges?]

110 (10 Gold used so far) for a Apothecary (19%)

The 'outline' of the Apothecary building has been built. Almost all of the labor went to working on the shipwright, but what people could be spared did what they could for the apothecary. The building, itself, won't take much and should, assuming nothing happens or massive construction projects are declared next season, be finished in the first month of spring. The main cost for the apothecary comes from the furniture and tools that will be needed to make it run. Almost all of these are too advanced and intricate to be made in Occiden [especially as many require glass], so those parts will be ordered from caravans and brought to the village to finish the job. All the gold needed has already been allocated, it is just a matter of finishing construction. [I took 10 more gold just to cover the entire cost, if you don't want that, let me know and I'll remove it].

Completed Projects
Watermills
Lumber Warehouse
Shipwright
Training Field
Apprentice Program

Revenue
75 Gold, 5 Silver
(+ 6 Gold)

Upkeep/Expenditure
-238 Gold

Income
- 162 Gold, 5 Silver

Treasury
238 Gold, 4 Silver

Military
20 Trained Guardsmen
20 Trained Militia
20 Hunters
1 Kobold [Zuhsa]
40 Untrained Militia

Military Training
3 turn for second batch of trained Militia
3 turns for Guardsmen to increase in skill

78bdd5382ab193af8148c21c7bb97902.jpg

Port Zolond

The Quacken remains 'at feathers' in the ocean, blocking any attempts for boats to come in as it feast upon any foolish enough to try and eats.. well, whatever a giant monstrous tentacled duck eats [Low Roll]. Sooner or later, the Quacken would leave, but for now, it continued to be a plague upon Port Zolond. Truly, who thought a monstrous duck, of all things, would cause so much trouble. Simply outrageous. There was some good news, the work on the piers had begun and the tavern actually saw a lot of business, mostly, people driven to drinking after the fiasco with the Quacken, it seems a giant man eating beast is just the sort of thing to get men and women deep into their cups or into the local parlor guys and gal. Magda had no issue keeping order with the increased flow as, even a drunken sailor or laborer, half-orc or not, wanted to fight a angry ogre with a massive ship anchor hanging over their bar.

The Iron Chest had proved to be quite the find, giving Port Zolond a nice influx of gold, a promising lead to an island that could contain great treasures and the plans for how to build a Molire Dreadnaught. The building of such a ship would be a colossal undertaking that could very well be beyond his ability, but if he were able to build it.. he could rule the Carrion Sea. The island mentioned also had great promise. Payment left behind by a Molire Archmage, perhaps one of those that had helped create the Malestorm in the first place? But the Island was perilously close to the Malestorm itself, which likely meant it was still untouched since the Fall, and they'd need to venture close to the domain of the Leviathan, luckily, it was just beyond, but one wrong turn, one bad storm, could be trouble, or.. what if the Leviathan moved to come to the ship? Nym had seen the beast, it was hard to say if he wanted to come close to it once again.

One.. interesting thing of note was the sudden appearance of strangers, strangers who spoke rather well and certainly seemed to be asking a lot of questions about Port Zolond, its supplies, its defenses... and many, many questions about Nym, himself.

[Negative Event has happened to you, you don't need to spend an action to address]

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Village Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
39% Human
36% Orc/Half-Orc
10% Goblin
9% Other
5% Halfling
1% Ogre

Taxation
50%

Resource
Limestone
Beer/Spirits

Terrain
Coastal

Current Projects
40 [40 Gold used so far] for Alchemy Lab [99%]

The main building of the alchemy lab is done, just waiting on the interior bits to arrive. As the last shipment was destroyed by the mighty Quacken, a new shipment will need to be purchased. As it is the last month of winter, Nym could order it from overland transport [but at a mark up, 75 gold instead of 50], or wait for spring or for the Quacken to leave.

240 [55 Gold used so far] for three stone piers [23%]

Work is underway for three large stone piers, work is a bit slow as they are working with stone which takes times to cut and process into the correct shapes. With the bay dredged and made deeper, it will also take longer to build the piers as they most go down deeper then before, however, this is good in the long term as what was removed was the top, unsecure, layer of silt that would likely have had to be removed anyways. Currently, the stone piers are planned on being 60 meters out in the sea and roughly five meters wide, these are considerable works that will take time. Time that will get worse as they get deeper into the water, but luckily, the raw material, itself, isn't too bad as almost all of it is locally sourced.

Completed Projects
The Last Gasp: Tavern/Bordello/Gambling Hall
Brewery

Revenue
488 Gold, 6 silver
(+ 372)

Upkeep
-297 Gold
(You only pay them wages, Mercs buy their own food and pay their own equipment maintenance)

Income
191 Gold, 6 Silver

Treasury
292 gold, 2 Silver

Military
42 Gilded Blades
43 Skeletons
[18 Murloc, 25 Humanoid]
3 Ogres
1 Bone Golem

philipp-a-urlich-cpncept449.jpg

Nova Empearal

It was hard to say if the journey into the mines had been a success or a failure. They had found a dimensional portal that could allow them to travel into the Aether, to sections that could hold insane wonders and treasures... or hold immense danger, but the four dwarves that Araquiel had 'hired' and freed were lost as was one of the guides they had brought with them to help them find their way through the mines. While the gold cost of the dwarves was regrettable, they were strangers and so their loss wasn't all that bad, but the loss of the guide, one Alfred Yorma, was much harder especially when knowledge that he had been abandoned in the Realm of Fire to be cooked alive and likely consumed by whatever horror was in there. The Grimblades didn't seem all that perturbed by one of their own being devoured by a flower, losing fellow mercenaries was part of the job, but they weren't quite so excited by the idea of exploring more dimensions. All the ones they had entered had been exceedingly dangerous so far, what if there were even worse destinations that they had yet to stumble into? Still, to use the portal or not, it would be within the mines.. Waiting.

Araquiel's research into the resting place of Yvonne and her battle with the primordial beast was not found yet, but Araquiel was certain he could find it with more time, or perhaps, new resources that could point him in the right direction [Failed Int Check, will receive a boost next time you do this to represent knowledge already gained]. Much like the portal, such a place offered great rewards, but also possibility of immense danger, did Araquiel truly wish to tread upon those grounds and discover what was lost to time? Or was some things better lost to history?

The people of Nova Empearal still eagerly awaited the grand wedding between Araquiel and Alwyn but seems to have settled on it likely being a spring wedding.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Village Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
90% Humans, 10% Other

Potential Magically Adept Students
1 Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
Silver

Terrain
Mountains

Current Projects
80 gold [54 gold used] Foundry [68%]

Work on the foundry now begins in earnest with the Magic Academy finished. Much of the actual building has been built, but it has been a slow, lengthy process as snow is everywhere making building more difficult as well as gathering wood for the actual construction. 110 [70 if you wait for spring when it will be far, far, far easier for said caravan to actually get to Nova] more gold will still be needed if there are plans to finish the foundry as it will require some specialized equipment brought by the caravans to smelt and refine the silver.

Completed Projects
Smelters
Magic Academy

Revenue
205 Gold, 8 Silver, 5 Copper

Upkeep/Expenditure
-108 Gold, 2 Silver
(Food, monthly payment, horse care, equipment maintenance, you only pay wages for mercs [Rose])

Income
97 Gold, 6 Silver, 5 Copper

Treasury
257 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper

Military
Rose
1 Silver Troll
6 Companions of the Grave
31 Grimblades

Training
Unnamed Student [5 Turns]

fantasy-watermill.jpg

Argenté

It has been an especially profitable season for Argenté, well, at least for the pearl collecting. The rest of the town didn't quite have such a productive season as it was still too cold to grow crops which make up a major portion of Argenté's income. Still, the fact enough pearls were found to make a profit is something to be proud of especially some of the larger, round white pearls which are quite beautiful and valuable. Perfect for necklaces, to be woven into dresses or whatever else an industrious mind can think of, the value of pearls can greatly vary not just on the pearl but how it is used. Soon enough, spring will arrive and planting season will begin. While not nearly as profitable as harvest season, the farmers will be working, at least in some fashion, and so profit will be made. A few people have fallen sick, but not enough to arouse concern and the sickness went quickly with no loss of life. Even the elderly, which many expected to not make it, managed to pull through and will live to see the spring.

Dina was able to glean much information about the Laurent family, and information of the village, itself, with the poor [so vast majority] going through rough times as both families prepare for confrontation that is likely to turn very bloody, very soon. It is likely both sides may turn to assassination or even hire mercenaries to 'settle' this issue and such violence could spread out to the rest of the village. If Dina intends to do something about this conflict, she will need to do something soon.

Her efforts in gathering certain people has also proven fruitful, the question now remains how is she going to deploy and make use of them?

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Argenté Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
100% Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
Pearls

Terrain
Coastal

Current Projects
-

Completed Projects
-

Revenue
205 Gold, 2 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure
(Food, monthly payment, horse care, equipment maintenance, you only pay wages for mercs [Rose])

-15 Gold

Income
190 Gold, 2 Silver

Treasury
598 Gold, 4 Silver

Military
???

1968b4b3e8ff2b3da95b184af1ed9ca1.jpg

Colova

Colova has been spared a fate worse then death, to be taken over by Mindeater Wasp and used as host as the insects grow and devour their brains and then force them to walk into their nest and throw themselves in so their bodies could be host for the next generation. With any luck, the colder air of winter will wipe out the Mindeater Wasp without a nest and this issue will be solved forever, however, if this doesn't happen, some village, somewhere, is going to have a very, very bad day, but Colova was the home of her and her small animal family and no matter what happened elsewhere, her new home had been protected. While her actions were certainly heroic, they are mostly unknown as Mindeater Wasp are very rare and the common people have no idea what she means when, and if, she ever talks about it, but they understand, at least, that she did some wizard stuff and things are safe.

Mor'Gal was an oddity that would be harder to explain, so would she even bother? It was out there, somewhere, in the water and could be called upon if needed. Its ability on land was questionable, although it did seem to have the ability to walk on land a bit, but would it 'dry out' if on land too long? How did its body even work and was that something she, or anyone really, would ever want to know? Still, Mor'Gal was a large, presumably powerful amphibious monster and that was certainly never bad to have in the back pocket to deal with future threats.

The pig pens were put up very easily and many people were already looking forward to the day when fresh pork, or even salted pork, would start flowing from the pens and onto their plate, after all, fish was nice, but some new things added to their diet would be lovely. As people in the town often gather sea water to boil it away and make salt, Eyva decided to try and do that on a larger scale to start gathering large amounts of salt that could then be sold to other parts of the world, mostly, to interior places in the Forsaken Lands without such a large access to the briny sea.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Colova Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
Varies

Taxation
50%

Resource
Spice/Salt

Terrain
Coastal

Current Projects
20 [20 Gold Used] for a pig pen [100%]

Turns out making a pig pen isn't especially hard. Some imported lumber is used to make a strong fence, to keep the boars in, then the area itself is prepared using water to keep the mud going so the boars have something to roll in and coat their skin to avoid sunburns. Luckily boars, and pigs, are very easy to feed since they will eat just about anything, so leftovers of the village or food that has become a bit inedible for people can easily be dumped into the pen. It will take some time for the boars to breed enough for it to become valuable, but, once it gets going, salted pork and leather could prove quite valuable. [Pigs/boars will have children every first month of spring and first of fall, same as the arrival of your spice shipments].

80 [80 gold Used] for Salt [100%]

Work for the processing and gathering of salt water has began. The water is gathered and then boiled and strained over and over again until a small layer of salt is left that can be gathered and dried. This process has to be done a few times to get as much of the dirt and sand out as possible to get salt as pure as possible. None of this requires a ton of effort and is mostly just gathering the bits and pieces and organizing the work. This Salt won't be as valuable to other coastal cities as this is 'normal' salt and they make their own, however it will be quite valuable for people in the center of the land who do not have such an easy time of getting their own.

Completed Projects
Pig Pen

Revenue
46 Gold, 8 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure

-133 Gold

Income
-86 Gold, 2 Silver

Treasury
234 Gold, 8 Silver

Military
3 Mages [Power Level 1]
9 Wolves
2 Jaguars
Young Mountain Hydra
Mor'Gal

c94ecda99ba57fa58665f94f08ce3e59.jpg

Mäkinen’s Legacy

The search for the caves didn't go quite as smoothly as they planned, likely because they had to spend a large portion of the month running further away from the large forest fire they started and then resetting up camp before the bandits succumbed to frostbite and sickness. They managed to find a cave that could fit Ivan and some of the bandits Ivan liked more, as well as some of their supplies, and best of all, the cave hadn't been the home of a large angry bear like many of the human bandits were worried to find. The rest of the bandits were stuck outside, but digging into the deep snow and building their tents within did work. Snow was surprisingly decent at insolating heat in and between the snow walls and the trees, much of the cold wind and breeze could be blocked and kept the wind chill from tearing through the camp. [Lowered Chance of Sickness].

While they had started a forest fire, they had prevented whatever that sorceress had been trying to do and had slain her. Some of the bandits may have fallen, but they had saved those that were under her strange control and gave her a right kicking, so it balanced out the books in the end. They were still hemorrhaging supplies, but at least it had slowed down a bit, helped a bit by some of the recent deaths meaning less mouths to feed and the increase in hunting thanks to the traps. But the bandits were all itching for a big payday, something that would let them expand and live the high life especially after the fight with the sorceress had ended up with a whole lot of nothing as far as their rewards went.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Bandit Population

Demographic Breakdown
80/20 men and women
%100 Adults
-
50% Kobold, 35% Human, 15% Beeravian

Cut
50%

Terrain
Forest

Current Projects
20 [20 Gold used so far] for traps [100%]

Traps are easy to set up, although some more supplies are used to do so. Most of the traps are simple snares to catch smaller game or deadfall traps, fairly simple traps that can be set up with some tools, rope and time. They will help catch games and can be quickly set up whenever they camp in the future, there is also a chance for interlopers in the nearby area to trigger the traps.

Completed Projects
Hunting Traps

Revenue
63 Gold, 6 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure
(Food, monthly payment, horse care, equipment maintenance, you only pay wages for mercs)

- 108 Gold, 8 Silver

Income
- 42 Gold, 8 Silver

Treasury
260 Gold

Military
4 Falcons
12 Hunting Dogs
20 Beeravians Bandits
51 Human Bandits
70 Kobold Bandits​

Last edited:
Nova Empearal
philipp-a-urlich-cpncept449.jpg
Village Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
90% Humans, 10% Other

Potential Magically Adept Students
1 Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
Silver

Terrain
Mountains

Current Projects
80 gold [54 gold used] Foundry [68%]

Work on the foundry now begins in earnest with the Magic Academy finished. Much of the actual building has been built, but it has been a slow, lengthy process as snow is everywhere making building more difficult as well as gathering wood for the actual construction. 110 [70 if you wait for spring when it will be far, far, far easier for said caravan to actually get to Nova] more gold will still be needed if there are plans to finish the foundry as it will require some specialized equipment brought by the caravans to smelt and refine the silver.

Completed Projects
Smelters
Magic Academy

Revenue
205 Gold, 8 Silver, 5 Copper

Upkeep/Expenditure
-108 Gold, 2 Silver

Income
97 Gold, 6 Silver, 5 Copper

Treasury
257 Gold, 3 Silver, 5 Copper

Military
Rose
1 Silver Troll
6 Companions of the Grave
31 Grimblades

Training
Unnamed Student [5 Turns]

Order 1:
TBA

Order 2: Explore the Resting Place of Yvonne
TBA

Free Order:
1. Continue Refinery Construction

Last edited:
Arakis​
  • d86zo5m-2222f2db-6c9d-4802-b873-92c9f81ebd93.jpg
    The Session

Nithra's caravan was a decent template and while it was still in good order, it was a good idea to duplicate it as best as they could. Recent events had meant that trade was going to be from much further afield than hoped and with that came risk. While the first cohort was still training, it was important that hands weren't idle.

"We need to ensure we are prepared for a worst case scenario. We don't want to potentially lose a caravan with no fall back option," Arakis said to carpenters. "So do what you can to replicate the caravan we have acquired."

The carpenters nodded and set about their work while Arakis moved on to meet Melina. While his own people trained he had been out in the field himself, but he could use some training of his own. He had found himself wanting on the battlefield and he had hope that Melina would be able to help him, even a minor improvement to his talents would be something. While he was a somewhat capable mage, in the heat of battle he often struggled to unleash his full potential. Experience of battle was likely the best way to improve but with that currently not an option, training with the highly capable Melina was the next best thing.

Actions Action 1
    Use Nithra's Caravan as a Template to Create Another | There should always be a contingency...

Action 2
    Arakis to visit the Oasis with Melina | Arakis to ask Melina to accompany him to the Oasis for some one on one combat training and to discuss the continuing arrangement.

To Be Completed
    Copper Refinery | Awaiting trade route to be able to complete.

Last edited:

Helbaron
Winter was fast comming to a close and the Shepard's Mercenaries would be back so the best thing teg could do right now was to find his own... he didn't wish to throw the townsfolk life away so eagerly for himself he'd send hunters out to see if they could get Mercenaries in before spring arrived.. it was do or die... and well teg didn't really feel like dying nor did he want to see the town who held him in such high regard do so either...

1) search for mercenary contractors/hire
2) search for mercenary contractors/hire

LightHome

Logrim BlazingHand

Turn 6

C1XlaWFfOTE8NP8MWYXBB9XyPrULlZRJaAAbIr5g54m5_CwlDG-_RBavS02GTq5yXwoONN9TF7Xbvk_OGm_tYjxxBCgXa3iOtS6-VxxvMER0R5pCw2NRxP1jGQ7DscyBRMpYuDag6pF6w-lYDzpl5BtkhazmXw23UAftbGcfpHmE6Vw0qkGm8p22ZA

The Tri-Cannon worked, more or less. At least as a prototype. Logrim knew that he would need to craft bigger and better weapons to help them in their times of need.The Wyvern proved that much. There was a loss of life in the village.

Three hunters and four civilians had lost their lives. All due to his own carelessness. If he had been better at organizing the evacuations, perhaps less people or even no people would have died. These were men and women who were just trying to live their lives in this gods forsaken place and now, here and now, he had caused them to die.

It was his carelessness that was their undoing. He resolved that LightHome would grow to honor them with better weapons and armor to keep the people safe.

The railway system will wait until the spring. But weapons and armor are for now. It cannot wait. Not if they get attacked by another Wyvern or perhaps something worse like a Soulstealer.

His people must be ready. HE, must be ready. The science will come and his runes will be strong. They must be strong.

If not for him, then for all those that were under his care. To make sure that no more of his people would fall to the monsters of this realm.

ZB52F1UKi2ADN7YkstDNL-gZqEQlNSwjqQh64hYvmXxDyUtAxYnAVKhr_rV4izFosCfOG5ECTHrf-S0E5ThIoIcLTD9EN3JhXfd8AtRzzjrrOTeWcT-ZkGha8yYkOkSatFylMnzXQMCQI6WT6IhBZH4y8g9Z5vMuJCvqFsebLlxxSxdFir0F9je-bA

Logbook of Dwarven Miner, Boron

Day 156

“What was a wee bit of cold to a dwarf? Aye, we are a hearty bunch, that. And with that Winter Brigade, no one would be in danger. Quite a smart idea. Especially for those humans. They don’t deal with the cold as well as we do.”

Day 162

“That Wyvern trouble was a dangerous beast. People stumbling back and forth and getting crushed or eaten by it. Why, iffin I was out there, me and my trusty axe would have killed it dead quick and easy.”

Day 174

“That strange rock, I think it might have been covered in runes. I only keep it safe in me pocket, looking at it when no one sees. Maybe I can figure out what it does.”

Rbjh5TJwZPhJRMqfHRtbMtFuo1yqCueR4z6pZUzrNTKnIwmApDAyKmuDKwTxk2ajGe7-nliHQpQ3lC-gCT9lnFotAuVEoyn0EZgeKbDKXHs6oo2qSL7OvwQgoncoP-66pMJSEyCIB_D1hMiDdIsWzJSDpm8pb3yTkk9Deb_nxPriyRE95Zbg6slU_g

Weapons of War, But For Defense

Logrim knew he had to go back to the drawing board. The Tri-Cannon was a start, but now he needed to make something along the same line, but smaller and more compact. Something that could fit into the hands and be lifted by a singular individual.

Using the research that he gained from the Tri-Cannon, he should be able to make some sort of progress. He needed to do this. He needed to protect his people from the dangers and craft better things to do that.

In conjunction, he would improve his own armor. He had taken some heavy blows during the fight against the Wyvern. In some cases, blows that might have killed others and had killed others. But he needed to be even better protected. The advances he would make on himself would eventually be trickled down to the soldiers once the kinks were worked out with his prototypes.

But, he did have to make something for the hero of the Hour. Hagrim, the member of the Disgraced Guards that charged forth and killed the mighty beast. He would get Wyvern scaled armor as a badge of pride. The man certainly deserved it.

It was time to get working.

Turn Actions

Action 1: Logrim will use the Wyvern Scales to make a Plate Armor for himself and to use the remaining 3 Scales to make Medium Armor for Hagrim, the hero of the Day that finally struck down the Wyvern with his mighty blow. Will use the Rune of Forging and if possible, the Rune of Stone and Rune of Iron

Action 2: Logrim will use the research and experience from building the TRi-Cannon and seeing how it worked in action to make a portable hand held Large Rifle that could fire multiple rounds at quicker speeds. He will use the Rune of Forging and the Rune of Accuracy.

On Hold Tasks: Construction of Rails

Azdanur.jpg
Azdanur

Gideon.jpg

A BEAST AMONG MEN

Thunk, thunk, thunk, the axe slammed against the training log as Gideon practiced with it for the first time. The man wasn't fast, he knew that, but he had to get used to how much slower wielding the weapon made him, not to mention how unwieldy it was compared to the straight edge of his sword. And yet I am doing more damage to the log than I could with most any other weapon I have tried, the bear of a man let a smile grow as he allowed some of his more savage urges to come to the front, nearly launching the log off its stand with every hit and launching shards of wood into the air. With a final roar he buried it within the top of the log, splitting it completely in two. Oh yes, I think this axe will do nicely.

Alice.jpg

THE LADY OF LIGHT

More spears are going to be needed for this group of militia, and we need to start thinking about getting them all armored as well soon, Alice let her thoughts roam to the current issues of supply. Luckily Kaiden listened to me about getting the groundwork of a forge down, otherwise he might have kept putting it off for months. Now we just need to get spears, swords, shields, and bows made for all of them once it is built. Alice sighed as she remembered the sheer amount of gold and supplies they would need to fully equip the small army that they had managed to form by accident, especially if they wanted to get them equipped in a timely manner. For now though she would just have to settle for ensuring the wall's builders were able to finish it before planting season began, the final shipment of gold would be portioned off for them.​

Actions
1. As Spring breaks have scouts search the area for any changes from winter or any resources that the village could use

2. Lay the groundwork for a proper weaponsmith's shop

Current Projects
335 [335 gold used so far, estimated final cost will be 400 gold] for Wooden Walls [84%]

300 [60 gold used] for a Temple [20%]

Completed Projects
Training Field
Statue of the Unknown Squire
Statue of Oberon

Village Population

51/49 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
80% Human/20% Other [Dwarves/Halflings/Other]

Taxation
50%

Aether-Kissed Marble

Terrain
Hills

114 Gold, 4 Silver, 5 Copper
Very heavy and cumbersome armor, built for an Orc. Will get -20% agility for any non-orc that wears it [-10 for an orc] counts as Armor Point 4.
A very large, but well made, axe. This axe may only be used by someone with a Strength of at least 40%. The user will have -5% agility, but have +1 Damage. This has Slow and Impact.
24 Swords/Axes/Maces
8 suits of gambeson
3 suits of chainmail
Medium armor, [Armor Point 3], seems to be a masterwork and you can't fathom who'd leave it behind. As a masterwork, it will not hurt your agility.
40 Spears [Poor]

15 Sergeants
Gavron [Sword], Arietta [Sword], Forgrin [Sword] (Holy Magic Capable), Shawn [Sword, Crossbow], and Godiva [Sword, Crossbow]
Aurem [Sword], Dolf [Sword, Crossbow], Eliza [Sword], Rodrick [Sword], and Kirsten [Sword, Crossbow]
Dave [Sword, Crossbow], Halley [Sword], Patric [Sword], Townley [Sword], and Marvelle [Sword, Crossbow]
Chip
17 Hunters
[Similar to militia only they have hunting bows already are a bit more trained)
80 Trained Militia
148 Untrained Militia (1 Magic Capable[Fire])

CƎNSUS

Foalsfort Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%100 Children

Buildings/Dwellings
Wall of Torches
Insulated Homes

Taxation
Village 95% [Collective]

Exports
Main: Lumber (Ironwood)
Minor: Daggers (Poor Quality)
Bows (Poor Quality)
Traps
Shields (Variable Quality)
Medicinal Soup

Land
Forest

Revenue
21 Gold, 2 Silver, 6 Copper

Wealth
47 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Copper

Government
Elected Officials
(Demitri 40%
Marta 20%
Adam 16%
Kahmen 12%
Neeso 9%)

Employment
Herbalist (Adam)
Tinkerer (Kahmen)
Hunter (Neeso)
Tailor (Aarne)
Tanner (Helle)

Cold steel met even colder nature, as Demitri shoved his shovel until the bitter blanket that enveloped nearly everything in sight, the last snow of winter falling thick and heavy on Foalsfort. With every heap of snow his shovel seem to glow, the sometime stable hand squinting his eyes in it's light at times as the lightning coursing within reacted with it's colder counterpart. Spinning on his heel Demitri gently threw the snow down to Adam below, the good natured naturist smoothing it down within the trench they had so diligently dug a few days prior, alongside their child comrades. They had developed a good routine so far, with the same familiar faces working alongside them though, every now and then, one of the children would have to disappear for their fitting.

It had fallen on Demitiri to do most of the shovelling as he was the only one with the proper tools thanks to his Unnamed Blade. Though the other kids had tried to help with wooden bowls and Ironwood planks they had little effect on the burdensome banks of snow. Kahmen was busy at work trying to develop some proper tools for the job, but Demitri hadn't minded doing taking the load on his shoulders. Using the shovel was relaxingly familiar, almost therapeutic, reminding him of mucking out the stables back in the town of Monomyth. While not the most glamourous of jobs, it was still a necessary one and a task that Demitri took pride in doing well, especially when their was a new, curious foal in the paddock. Jumping about him and following him around as he worked, their mothers content to let Demitiri be in their presence as they explored, such things made Demitiri feel blessed in his labour.

Now was no exception, as young babes frolicked and played nearby, happy in his company, and relishing the freedom their new clothes gave them. As did everyone as they steadily received their furry finery, the tattered clothes of old doing little to ease the chill of winter. The only exception was Adam, who was constantly at ends with the weather and his garment.

"How can you stand these things?" moaned Adam.

Scratching himself through his fur shawl, the Herbalist growled as he pulled it off himself and threw it to the ground. Again. It was almost like clockwork, smiled Demitri wryly.

"Ah! That's much better" smiled Adam, his splotchy skin free to breath.

Demitri hovered over him his shovel full of another load of snow. He beckoned Adam with the Unnamed tool, the light glinting off it. Stepping back Demitri dropped the snow in the trench. Getting on his hands and knees, Adam smoothed the snow.

"Say Demitri, how bout I trade you my fur shawl for your shovel there? No offense to Aarne but I Loath this thing and that sword of yours would be mighty helpful in my garden come springtime"

Dropping another load of snow, Demitri paused for a moment "I don't think it works like that, Adam" he replied, eyeing the Unnamed Sword.

While everyone could tell it was an impressive item, the sheer awe he seemed to receive from wielding it the first few times by the other children making him blush at times, Demitri felt it was only such in his hands for some reason. Whether it was because of the recurring dream he had months ago, or some other unfathomable predetermination, the Sword felt like it was his alone. Though he would have been happy to share it with the others if he could.

Adam rubbed his hands over his shoulders "Well no harm in giving it a whirl right? The more people who can use it their better surely?"

Demitri couldn't fault the idea. "Okay then. Just a quick trial and then back to work."

Adam's eyes lit up, as Demitri dropped the shovel into the trench. Before Adam could even reach out to grab it, the weapon shifted back into a sword as cold and lifeless as it was back in 'Mother's Cave. Undeterred, the young Herbalist tried to lift it but after a few efforts it seemed the ancient artefact was going nowhere. "Mind if I have a go too?"

Both boys looked at their fellow workers, the small crowd of children looking on with eager curiosity. Adam looked up at Demitri, who nodded his consent. Stepping back Adam let them have each have a go. Without hesitation the big eared boy, Tancred, stepped forth. Small in size, his attempt to lift the sword proved futile and unfortunately unsurprising. Minding the little lad before him, the sizeable Fergus was next in an attempt. Towering over most of the other children, and with thick hair growing from his lips and armpits, Fergus was well on his way to adulthood though even the manly minor could do nothing to lift it. Hael tried last, letting his friends go first. With a dignified air about it, the young boy seemed like a good example of someone destined to hold such a sword but again the attempt was for naught.

Demitri jumped into the trench and swept up the weapon with ease, the blade shining in his hands. "Looks like you were right Demitri. Seems the sword has only taken a shining to you." Adam joked.

"Yeah. Sorry bout that guys" apologized Demitri

"No need to apologize, friend" replied Hael, the rest of the work crew nodding their heads in agreement. "It would have been cool if one of us could use it but.."

Hael shrugged.

"Yeah what can you do about it" chimed in Tancred. "It's just nice to know you've got our backs with that thing"

Demitri scratched the side of his face and smiled abashedly.

"Well enough mushy stuff men. Lets get back to work" ordered Adam "I'm freezing over here"

With a mixture of good humour and annoyance everyone went back to work, Fergus grabbing up Adam's fur shawl and lobbing it back at him with a splat.

Turn Actions:
In an attempt to preserve food for the next winter, a trench will be dug and filled with ice/snow with food stocks being placed amid two layers of the wintery blanket. Food will be packed in fur if deemed helpful(?). Construction will be done on the shadiest part of the camp and furthest from the central pyre. Further construction of an additional insulated building to house/ sustain the frozen food will also be attempted. Demitri, Marta and the Herbalist (Adam) will help in this project (Unnamed Sword Shovel Form used)

Kahmen will try to develop useful tools for the above as well for the coming Spring.

(The process of making Fur clothes for the children will continue to it's completion (if possible) by the Tailor (Aarne) and the Tanner (Helle).)

Port Zolond
Turn 6 (Winter)

Port Zolond Village.jpg

"Little fish, little fish, what catch do you bring to me?" Nym mused as he sipped some wine from a goblet while regarding the best map he could put together of the port. He was rather annoyed to know someone was spying on him, but then again he had a good idea who it was. The Knights were poking about because his IDIOT minions had camped out in the damn open! He fumed at that fact and took a longer draw of his wine, feeling bitter about that even as the damn DUCK was still blockading his port!

"One can never say the gods do not have a sense of humor," Nym growls as he sets his goblet down as continues to pour over the map. Already his scheme was in motion. He had the local Half-Orcs lined up to commence a bit of rowdy fun with the spies. This was more to make them likely to close ranks to protect one another. To confine themselves to a space. Then the Gilded Blades would move in to arrest everyone... before freeing the local heavies and paying them for their time. Half up front, half after for work like this to make sure they did their damn job. Honestly if they killed them it wasn't a loss... he had more bottles.

"The Knights as so close yet I still need to find something to do with my time..." Nym sighed as he flicks one of the bottles on the desk and it howls at him in misery. He was eager to start more intense research into his art, but the defense of his new investments was needed to be organized. Plus that Barrow needed some serious attention before the warm season arrived when the Knights would start to move. If there were even as single Wight King in there to bend to his will, he would need it for the troubles coming his way. He moves his hand to ring a bell as his butler appears.

"Tell the brutes and blades its time to get moving."​

Free Actions
-Nym will set up the ambush and seizure of the spies to interrogate them.

Actions
1. Prepare Port Zolond for potential attack.
2. Explore the Barrow nearby​

Last edited:
Dina Bélanger
1666770616478.png
Argenté
Turn 6 (Winter)

Dina released a slow sigh of contentment as her body lowered into the warm water below, her hands acting as a form of support as they grasped firmly against the sides of the wooden tub, and became fully enveloped within its relaxing embrace. It had been a tiring few weeks. But nonetheless, weeks that she could look back on with pride at what she had accomplished during them. Splash, splash, splash, the breaking, and the motion of the waters followed the movements of her arms as they moved about on her naked skin, cleaning and freeing it from any clutches of grime. The main reason why things were actually progressing now was because of one laundrymaid Marlene Svatava.. It simply made her wish to grin giddily with joy so utterly like a child just thinking of the woman.

It was thanks to her that she was gaining actual and valuable information regarding the case of Catalina Laurent. Absconding from the safety of her home so soon after Arrigo Köhler's death and having bloodstain on her sheets that possibly implied the loss of one's maidenhead? Dina did not believe that it was a mere coincidence. There was a cause and reason to every action in this world and the ones behind Catalina's own actions were appearing very clear. "However, it isn't just Catalina I need be concerned over.." Her quiet confession disappeared into the watching walls, her only companions in such a private moment. But it was true.

Miss Laurent wasn't the only thing that required her utmost attention within the village. The majority of the townsfolk, who were poor, were experiencing extremely difficult times because of their wages being unfairly cut and both of the major families were in preparation for confrontation. Things had the potential to become real ugly soon. For everyone. She needed to find a way to fix this and fast. But how?

Dina hugged her knees to her chest and for a moment, just a single moment, allowed herself to be completely and unconditionally vulnerable. She was scared. So so scared. There were times that she questioned her past decisions. If she hadn't chosen to fight against her fate then would she be here? Leading an entire village and people with only her wit and charm?

The future was uncertain yet ever imminent.

She could only hope those of Argenté didn't resent her too much if she failed in leading them.

Turn Actions:
1. Through Marlene's word, have the townsfolk prepare however they can for the coming conflict between the Laurents and Köhlers.

2. Send Alana out to charm or seduce a servant of the Laurents and Köhlers into giving up information regarding what might occur between both families.

Argenté Population

Demographic Breakdown
50/50 men and women
%15 Elderly
%25 Children
%60 Adults
-
100% Human

Taxation
50%

Resource
Pearls

Terrain
Coastal

Current Projects
-

Completed Projects
-

Revenue
205 Gold, 2 Silver

Upkeep/Expenditure

-15 Gold

Income
190 Gold, 2 Silver

Treasury
598 Gold, 4 Silver

Military
???

Irving stretched and yawned as he emerged from the manor house. Winter had been long and certainly cold, but given how much worse the situation could have been... the Aetherlings counted their few blessings. Ada had stamped a potential outbreak Ichern, which could have eventually spread to Occiden Marag. Yet, such a fate did not come and spring was around the corner. Life would return to the forest and bustle with activity, just in time for the Aetherlings to begin seriously exploring the river and seek new opportunities. Irving could feel a sense of excitement in the air.

During their travels, the Aetherling encountered much. They witnessed even the most destitute of hamlets that were filled with little more than hovels and sheds. Yet, these buildings were often built with whatever was nearby that could be easily transported and gathered for little to no money. Typically this meant various branches and pieces of woods that could be scavenged. However, to have encountered the ruins of a hovel build out of sandstone? There had to have been an abundant source of sandstone nearby the ruins for a modest hovel to have been built out of stone. Irving KNEW there was stone nearby the village and the ruins. However, the larger question likely was what else? Villages never popped up in random spots. The location to build villages around had to have some sort of strategic or economic importance for people to gather in such locations. Occiden Marag was founded largely due to the abundance of wood in the forest and access to the river. What did the destroyed village have? Many questions were abound.

---

Summary:

Free Action: Continue to build Apothecary (Already paid for)

Actions:

1. Survey/Explore the lands to the west of the village in search of the source of sandstone that was used in the ruined hovel and other resources that may be around.

2. Commission light, small, agile multipurpose longships (karvi) that can be used as fishing boats around the village when they're not being used to explore or trade up/down the river. (100 Gold)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back