• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Civilization: Empire of the Sun

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
Whereby the impetus of our current calamity could have been prevented, the blood lay just as much on the hands of the signatories of the Treaty of Seville as much as those currently occupied with conquest. Possessed of the bravado his people are cursed with, Cortes remained a defiantly intrepid cavalier. With valor and decisiveness, and with the natural justice afforded him over the savage races, the Aztecs were brought to task for their actions in the Great War. Cortes' sword and the pens of four nations, threw down the belligerents to the standing among the civilized that they had earned. Never though, in midnight feverish visions, did I conceive that my theory of the Hero take form as the dark parody I've witnessed. Acting as an amalgamation of the models I laid out of Hero as Prophet and Hero as King, Montezuma's ascension tells a parable that will haunt those who survive him. Rather than cowed by the Spaniards, the Aztecs emboldened their bellicosity under their new Chief. Armed as he was, with passionate demagoguery and taking his people's profane sacrifices to levels so precise as to almost elevate them to science, Montezuma birthed a machine of war and sacrifice that now pours along the continent.

Brave King Leonidas and his three-hundred men would dishonor their heritage as they wept, knowing that Sparta and its people were taken despite their sacrifice. The last ride of Paul Revere's warning was only a grisly riding corpse seen moments before the Aztecs descended on his countrymen. Even behemoth Germany, with its army stretching the length of the Rhine, fell to the frenzied and fiery crusade. Montezuma has shown no quarter, I hasten to add as my mind reels with the images I must inscribe. The elder, the woman, and the babe, are neither safe from the sacrifices. He said that he will "drown the world in blood," no evidence I've seen suggests he was being hyperbolic in this mission statement.

God help us all.

~Thomas Carlyle to Her Majesty Queen Victoria

Civilization VI RP, comment or PM for questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back