• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy City of Two Faces: Curious Case of the Demon's Ambrosia (Closed)

Simple_Traveler

Amateur Wordsmith
The city of Caliburn, some might happily brag that it is a place of progress, civility, and opportunity while others despondently mutter that it's hell on Earth.
Such polarizing opinions have lead outsiders to calling the metropolis "The City of Two Faces" and to be brutally honest, they're not wrong....

maxresdefault.jpg

Caliburn's Beating Heart
The central hub of Calinburn is an area of both culture and business. Ornate, glittering theaters advertising the newest play written by the famous Julius Salazar often sit next
to shops and factories that offer a variety of goods and services from fixing steam powered carriages to creating beautiful dresses that magically change color
to match the wearer's mood. Days here are rarely ever quiet. Crowds of people are always rushing about from one place to the next. Pipes of precious steam hiss
in their pipes as they flow into the many machines that keep Caliburn operating at full capacity. Lumination from the buildings and streetlamps burn
steadfast through the day and night, causing a warm glow to emminate from Caliburn itself that can be seen for miles around.
Unfortunately the which possesses the brightest light casts the darkest shadow...

c8df0d28db61cafd0dfafc6b0aab4e63.jpg
Caliburn's Rotting Limbs
Outside of the central hub's glorious beauty lies a dark, festering outer settlement that those who are unable to make it in Caliburn's industries enevitably wind up. The area is coated with a deep layer of filth and decay with it's sagging buildings, trash strewn streets, and downtrodden dwellers. The one's who try to eke out a living are often faced with either back breaking labor with in the Shipbuilder's Yard (which oddly enough tends to churn out materials for making buildings as opposed to sea vessels) or criminal activity from petty theft to murder. And that is just the start of the outer settlement's problems, for you see the conditions of that hell spot have attracted some of most dastardly of creatures that once only existed in horror stories or nightmares. But
the dweller of the outer settlement know that these monstrosities are anything but fictional...

Lately, however it seems that things have been taking a turn for both the central hub and the outer settlement, and not for the better. For the past three weeks something most peculiar has been going on. An affliction of sorts has been going around, turning otherwise normal people into bloodthirsty, mindless beasts. Atfirst this seemed to be affecting only those within the outer settlement, but there have been whispers that cases of this affliction have been cropping up with in the central hub as well. These rumors are stanchly waved away by the constables, namely Inspector Ivor Chadwick, who publicly disregards them by saying they're "nothing more than idle gossip spread around to cause unnecessary panic,". For the most part the public has chosen to believe the Inspector's words while those with lingering doubts remain silent lest they be ridiculed by their peers.

Now here we are on present day. The mysterious affliction has been pushed from the minds of the central hub in favor for the grand opening of St. Katheryn's Museum of the Arts and Sciences. Many are going to be attending the event for many reasons, whether it be to show off their own creations in the hopes that it'll be immortalized in the museum's halls, meet the many government officials that'll be intending, or just to enjoy one of the biggest parties in recent years. Little did anyone know of the tragedy that would befall that day, or what would result from it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salutations everyone! This has been an idea that's been buzzing around in my head for quite some time and now I feel confident enough to post it on this site. This will be a mystery/supernatural role play in a Victorian gothic steampunk setting with themes of horror. The basic plot is an affliction of some kind is infecting seemingly random people, turning them into monstrosities that while they all vary in appearance they all possess large, gaping mouths and golden eyes. People are starting to get desperate for answers but the constables aren't exactly being helpful. That's where you guys come in...
The rules I'll put into place are pretty basic:
~no god modding
~be respectful to everyone
~try to post often and if something comes up try to let me know ahead of time
~If you have questions/ideas don't be afraid to tell me
*I'll likely accept five players, maybe six, and each person may only have one character that they control

Last edited:
... Steampunk. Steampunk...

STEAMPUNK! OH YUSH! WHOOOOOO!

-cough- -cough- Anyways... this idea is really interesting. Mind if I join in?

An honor to make your acquaintance. I am working on the Lore thread and hopefully will have the first part of it, as well as the OOC chat up by tonight.

Well isn't this a surprise! I certainly didn't expect to get this much interest! Go ahead and introduce yourself in the OOC chat and look up part one of the lore page. I'm working on part two and will hopefully be able to post a character sheet by tonight.

Okay, I've decided upon listening to the advice of one of my players that we may need one or two more players. It's first come, first serve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back