• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

H3LLJUMPER_177

Feet First into hell
The city of Sandan Arizona was a medium sized city, on Arizonas top places to live, best shops, etc. The City even had a tourist attraction, a large asteroid that emitted a non-radiological glow, even was warm to be near if you stood close enough to it. It baffled scientists, the rock was usually titled 'the impossible asteroid'. But the Sandan residents simply called it 'ol glowy'. Funny to bring up when new comers come along. In 2010 the city held one of the biggest veterans day, the local national guard took to the streets in the parade, there was a spot in the middle of the city where rides and attractions were held, quite the day.. But that's not important, in fact, this city never existed, nobodies ever heard of it. It was never discovered, it was never named... It wasn't even in this universe...

The city would cease to exist, on Veterans day, 2013, where the city tried to hold another large veterans day. Everything from the one in '10 was there, but the difference? At around 2pm, ol glowy began to emit a deep red glow, it never did that... Soon, people who were in the heart of the city began to notice that they couldn't see anything in the distance when looking down some roads, mainly ones that left the city, some of the tallest buildings lost the tops, the sound of helicopters suddenly stopped, as if someone turned a tv off, and people who tried to run towards the nothingness, were unable to leave, it was like they were hitting a wall, the national guard that were there began to try and keep the peace, getting everyone into safe places while the local fire and police departments began to assist the national guard. They didn't know it yet, but after a few hours, the nothingness looked like it was just mist. People noticed large trees poking through the mist a bit.

Citizens who owned firearms soon began to form a militia, and said militia was allowed to assist in patrols and guard duty, keeping the peace and what not.. After two days the mist cleared, and what the citizens of Sandan saw, was a lush green forest, the trees bigger than any tree on earth... They weren't on earth though, in fact they weren't on the earth they knew... When the mist was cleared the people held a meeting, they needed to send people out to scout further out than just what they can see. They had only 3 helicopters. A police, EMS, and fire department. They weren't risking either of those just yet. The scouts were selected as two police officers, one national guardsmen, and one militiamen. These four brave souls took a truck into the forest.

They would be gone for a few hours before the sound of distant gunfire started a panic among the citizens. The truck with the four scouts came back, hauling ass down the way they came in, they were followed by what looked like mutated people and animals. A pack of them, the scouts were quickly saved by the volley of fire from the rest of the armed people. The pack of creatures was quickly killed... What they thought were mutated people and animals, were not close. Though they may look like mutants, they held no genetic resemblance towards humans or any animals they had around.. Their blood was black and tar like, their organs were just, a heart, lungs and a stomach. Where there'd be extra space was just extra muscle.

The people set up barricades in areas they could set them up, using old furniture and office equipment, along with vehicles that wouldn't survive off the road. Highways became vantage points and the tallest buildings turned into safe zones and lookout points. The people didn't need to fear supply shortages for a good year or two. The main supermarket was set up near the heart of the city, and the hospital was nearby as well. The heart of the city held many apartments and offices, along with a mall which was the source of the extra ammo for the people, even presented the ability to make their own... Later on though, the scouts would come back looking strange, some would look buffer, others had oddly colored eyes and skin, even animal like ears and tails.. This would end up prompting a quarantine for the scouts that came back... Long story short, these people would later be called 'Oddities'. These people were granted super natural abilities, or unnatural ones. They'd end up being quite useful, usually sending one or two made the missions go faster.

Now to explain their new environment, scouts would be sent out without vehicles, but in larger numbers. This seemed safer now believe it or not.. The scouting teams would usually bring back fruits that resembled..well, fruits... The air in this new world was actually quite clean, cool as well, fresh. It was almost deadsilent, besides the chirping of what they hope are birds, just, normal birds, along with odd cricket sounds. The lighting was just the same, no difference. The creatures so far are quite docile yet when they encounter the people directly, they either become aggressive or run away. Standard stuff really. They have encountered other larger creatures they call 'the beasts' or 'titans.', they have only had slight glimpses of them and heard them. Their howls, mainly. What glimpses that could be described were told to be 'Walking skinless elephants,'. So far these things have stayed away from the town and the scouts. There was also the cases of the large 'sewer centipedes'. They used to come up through manholes around the town until they were sealed. There are many other creatures out there that have yet to be seen though.

The number of people taken to this new universe, is over 3 thousand. The amount of city taken was a good 15 square miles...

The city, or well, now large town, would still be trying to figure a way back home, but they were starting to accept that there is now way back... The people would go on living, fighting off these creatures twice a week, scouts would come back with food, even finding odd looking animals that didn't bleed tar..

Sandan doesn't exist, but to the people who live there? It does, and they want to go home.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, it's ya boi, the creator of plots people don't really care about coming at ya with another garbage idea.
As always there are some big plans for this RP but only if it takes off.

This RP will follow the people of Sandan in their quest to survive or find a way back home
Everyone is allowed to pick from any type of person.Oddity, national guard, militiaman, or a simple citizen.
Common sense rules apply
CS will be made if people actually say they are interested.
Don't say that you are interested then drop off the face of the earth afterwards. This has happened too many times for me not to specifically mention this. My kindness for this kind of stuff has grown thin, and I will not apologize for this rudeness if it is taken as such.

enterelysium enterelysium
I was expecting no replies before i posted the CS so I tagged you mainly to let you know 'hey the cs is out'
You might be waiting awhile, or disappointed, my RPs never take off-or never last long- sadly so, I'd suggest taking your time with the CS. Not that it's uh.. exotic, in fact it's as generic as CS's get.
But yeah I appreciate it! I really do!

I'm new to this site, but this is one of the best newer role-play ideas I've seen. Definitely interested, I really hope it takes off!

Question before I can say I'm interested: What kind of "powers" do the Oddities have? Is it like a quirk? Superhero-type powers?

OH RIGHT
I'm working on Richards CS now forgot to mention that! Sorry i wanted to get the starter out instead of y'all waiting on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back