• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern City of Angels... and Maybe Devils

temporarybliss

derek hale deserved better
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

the land of stars and angels.

trigger warning.

This group will be 17+ as there can be potentially triggering topics. I won't go intro depth as to what they may be, but in the ooc we will discuss and make a list ranging from absolutely not to just a TW when discussed.

the backstory.

Hello loyal readers, Gossip Girl here. After S & B left the picture I was tossed around to a couple boring old teachers wanting to get back at their students. Now I'm back though, and don't worry, it's not Dan Humphrey behind this keyboard, it's the new and improved Gossip Girl. I've decided NYC has had enough time to shine in the spotlight, after all, the city of angels is full of budding and wannabe stars, why not help them reach that status quicker? From cheating boyfriends, to drug scandals, LA has it all. I can't believe I didn't come out here sooner!

Even though some things will change, the classic GG is still here for my loyal followers. So, all of my Cali gals, boys and theys, get ready to send in the need to know and on the who to know. All will be revealed in due time. Will they hate me for it? Maybe so. But you, my darling readers, know you love me. Xoxo, Gossip Girl.

holy ground.

the plot.

This is a spinoff of the original 'Gossip Girl' series from the CW. It will follow 10-15 private school students who hold multiple secrets and lies and are praying they don't get out. With the introduction of Gossip Girl though, suddenly they become more on edge. This group will pick up six months after Gossip Girl started their weekly blasts so the teens are used to it now, but how can they stop it? And do they all really want it to be stopped? Maybe this is some form of poetic justice.

Friendships will be tested, relationships will rip at the seams and hey, maybe some of these rich brats will even learn a thing or two. Probably not, but an anonymous source can dream, right?

guidelines.

one.
This will be a literate group, each post will be expected to be 2+ paragraphs. Of course, I'm also a believer in quality over quantity though so if you happen to have a shorter post here or there, I'm not going to fault you for it. Along these lines, I may ask for a writing sample as part of your applications.

two.
Though there will be lots of drama happening to keep the plot moving and GG entertained, please keep it IC. No one likes when things are awkward OOC, so just try and keep things civil. If it does come down to it, please pm me and I'll try my best to fix whatever happened the best that I can.

three.
As for character applications, this will not be a first come first serve group. I really want this to be great, so I'm going to be a little pickier about characters and provide a deadline for applications. A quick note though, I won't be explaining why characters aren't accepted. I've done it before and it's resulted in continued harassment.

four.
I know age can be a weird thing on RPN, however I'd like this group to be 17+. I myself am over eighteen, and even though nothing lewd will be happening, there may be allusions to it. Just keep in mind this is a mature group so there may be mature topics. Obviously we will all discuss limits, but beware.

five.
Be kind to each other. I can't express this enough. You never know what people are going through and if roleplay is some sort of escape, so please, just be kind.

six
Get creative! I know this sounds like a silly rule, but we don't want carbon copies of Serena and Blair as our leading ladies. The roles are simply there as ideas and starter boxes for you to create something original. If you have a different type of role/stereotype, you're more than welcome to apply with that as well! Gossip Girl has moved to a brand new city, a brand new COAST, she wants some new blood! We want to see new characters with new secrets and drama being created.

seven.
The OOC thread will be on Discord so please be able to join it. We will discuss triggers, limits, events, and other important things in the server. We'll be tuppering, coming up with plot ideas and more. This will also be the place to discuss potential relationships, your Gossip Girl guesses and other fun things. Comment below if you're interested and I'll send over the discord link!

eight
Like the roles, the faceclaim suggestins are just that - suggestions. If you have someone better in mind totally go with your heart rather than my suggestions! I won't be offended, haha.

nine.
Even if you're not one of GG's main victims, you'll still be important to the story in relation to the main group and maybe even GG themselves. You may have up to 2 leading characters and as many smaller characters as you want! If the group goes on for a while, we may introduce new main characters, but that isn't set in stone yet.

ten.
I would love to have a co-gm for this group! It would definitely help with how large the cast will be as well as when I have to step away for vacations and such. So if you're interested in that, please let me know!

the people of abraham.

the roles.

the playboy
OPEN

He can get almost anyone he wants, whenever he wants. He's a huge flirt and flaunts his money like it's nobody's business, because to him it isn't. All he knows is being rich and being adored, love isn't something that comes naturally, or at all, to him.

FC Suggestions; Thomas Doherty, Austin Butler, Kedar Williams-Sterling
the rich bitch
TAKEN

Never had to work a day in her life and has been spoiled rotten since she was a child, that's what daddy's money is all about. With just one request, she'll be swimming in what she wants with no ifs, ands or buts. However, when a new step-mommy comes into play, how will this be affected?
the athlete
OPEN

Popular, athletic and as perfect as perfect can get. As captain of the (insert sport) team, he knows what he has to do to win. The athlete may seem like a golden boy from the outside, but with as much pressure as he's under at home, things are slowly becoming more and more stressful for him.

FC Suggestions: Gavin Casalegno, Mason Gooding, Charles Melton
the influencer
TAKEN

This girl is beyond popular on social media, nearing the fame of reality tv contestants, the influencer has multiple brand deals and fans that she feels connected to. Though she acts like she has a heart of gold, everyone has secrets that they never want to see the light of day.
the guitarist
OPEN

Part of a local band made up of other students, the guitarist is the one who has all of the fangirls. He gives off alpha male energy and is known to be a flirt and sometimes even hook up with his fans, but really he's a sweetheart that just wants love anyway he can get it due to the absence of his parents.

FC Suggestions; Samuel Larsen, Avan Jogia, Evan Mock
the new girl
OPEN

Coming into St. Andrews Academy as a scholarship kid is far from fun, even the new girl has heard the rumors about the hazing that could potentially go on depending on her friend group. Her mom thinks providing her with the best education though is a surefire way for her to get into college, and that was enough for them to accept the scholarship.

FC Suggestions: Cierra Ramirez, Kaitlyn Dever, Kiernan Shipka

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

Β© weldherwings.

Last edited:
Hey! I’d be interested in the playboy.

I’m legally blind, sorry! I do speech-to-text, and that software isn’t perfect. Sounds good.

Also…are you expecting people to have watched all of GG? Just a suggestion: you might wanna replace you-know-who’s name in case people aren’t totally caught up, because GG’s real identity in the show is a major plot twist.

This sounds really cool, but I haven't watched a ton of gossip girl. I only know the basics, but from what I do know, this will likely be an awesome roleplay! I hope it goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back