• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cities Never Sleep

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Raevlyn
Darrow
Take me to space~
https:///www.raevlyn-darrow.com
/sugarinspace
Raevlyn was home alone when the storm really hit, her parents off at work as always, her and Saturn curled up together on the window sill, bodies cold from fleeing the rooftop, watching the pelting rain grow angrier, sounding like a million hands knocking. Her apartment had grown cold, and Raven, constantly in fear of pushing too many buttons and being cast aside again as she always was, couldn't bare to cost her parents the extra heating, so she'd wrapped herself in a fluffy, black blanket and was relishing the body heat of the large dog on her lap. When her dad finally tumbled in the door, he was dripping wet, boots soaking into the colorful welcome mat with mud, and she didn't hear a word he muttered under his breath, Scottish accent thick and slurred as he stripped away his jacket and shuffled off into his room to change. the white-haired teen sighed as they shuffled off to their own room to get ready for the party, no storm could get in the way of them and a party. They coated their face with thick, blue-themed make-up, tucking their hair into a white wig, pulled up into a poly tail, and finishing off with baggy black pants, a white top, and blue gloves, not too warm that they'd be sweating from their mix of alcohol and drugs later, but also wouldn't be left freezing in the storm.
They checked their phone for the status of their best friend, already have asked for a ride earlier when they'd seen that there would certainly be no skateboarding permitted in their weather, only to find that he was waiting downstairs. They grabbed a leather backpack, tossing in the essentials, some nips, their 'make-up bag', that actually contained an assortment of pills and powders and other illegal substances, and a few packs of cigarettes, only some actually containing cigarettes that they'd actually lifted from her father's stockpile of cigarettes, he got angry when he ran out. They clipped Saturn's army green raincoat to her body, pulling on a matching puffy jacket, grasped their leash tight to hold her close, and tried to zip towards the door, only to be stopped by their dad, some long-winded tale of how the weather reminded him of his homeland, telling her to be safe, to say hi the Drew for him, and some other comments that got lost in his accent, and finally, they were out the door, bracing against the feeling of wind in the poorly-insulated apartment building.
The second they hit ground level, they and their dog were splashing as fast as possible, racing towards Drew's car for the day and flinging themselves inside, shaking the water from their bodies in matching movements as they found the safety of the car from the rain.
"Oops! Sor..." They trailed off as soon as they saw their best friend, head down and face hidden, and of course, they instantly recognized something was wrong. Without another word, their thin, pale, shaky hands pulled two random nips from their bag, passing the boy one and downing their own before grasping his chin and forcefully turning his face towards themself, not letting him go or pull away until they'd examined the damage. "Bubba... what happened?" She pried, voice sad and worried, lightly touching a scratch and wincing as if she could feel the pain of it.
coded by reveriee.

mazzy morrison

♫/the sadness will never end - bmth (skrillex rmx)/♫

mood

happy, eager

kenzie's house party

oufit

bbba18364f6294a49f1b4998dd5db14f.jpg
23fb41f7baf8de40b8b31d8719b1f76e.jpg
b481e4b1d13f1cb6afdcfdcb9d40a5e9.jpg

tag

scarlett floralmoon floralmoon , raven Nightmarish Nightmarish , kenzie neverbackdown neverbackdown

“SCARZZZZ” squeals a raspy maz, “you look so amazennn!!”--taking a second to admire her friend with a small grin, she swayed her head side to side as she did so. to mazzy scarlet was a long time friend very dear to her heart though she definitely had to hold back on kissing her often, she adored showering her with compliments and would do so for the start of the car ride over, “ugh–and, and,and!! i cannoooot wait to see ravey i miss her so much. last night on skype was so fun–oh, but i heard drew is taking her to the party. i hope he’ll actually get her there in one piece..” she pouted.

mazzy didn’t exactly have any problems with drew at all. in fact, she almost always got all her drugs from him ever since she heard he was the main dealer of all her close friends. but that wouldn’t be what constituted whether or not drew was likable to her. in mazzy’s eyes he was reckless–in a bad way–and like…too masculine. she also couldn't completely understand how raven and him got along so well. to her he was brash and at parties, always getting so fucked up to the point of almost pissing himself while starting problems with other people. though mazzy would never properly acknowledge two things out of her own ego.

one: she hadn’t ever had a conversation with the boy about anything except drugs.
and two…

she was honestly quite jealous of the two's relationship. there was probably nothing to be jealous about, but just the thought of a CIS HETEREOSEXUAL MAN???? hanging out with HER raveybear ;/

ugh, i mean i guess. whatever makes rave happy..

she shrugged, shaking off the momentary space-out, “anywaaaaysss JESUS this freaking rain. thank god kenzie lives on a the slope–i could only imagine how the rest of industrial district looks like right now.”

“how are you baby?”
--she finally said, offering a semi-apologetic look for talking nonstop the entire way to kenzie’s. scarlet who was literally just vibing in the passenger seat to bring me the horizon, but the blonde haired girl noticed she was just rambling on autopilot like usual. mazzy tended to get lost on tangents often, but luckily she didn't think scarlet was the type to mind that too much.

maz parked the car, turning her wheels to the left on the slope. the two watched as a few people were already making their way inside–probably a signal the party was about to be in full swing the second they walked in. if it wasn’t? mazzy would SURELY be turning it up a notch.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Loverboy

A-Wall

Graham Byrne

There were few things as pleasurable in this world that Graham could think of other than making a bunch of stuck up religious folk extremely uncomfortable by flirting with their mom.

“Yeah, I’m trouble with a capital T.” He said with a wink and a grin. But then people actually had… questions for the little family of religious nut jobs.

Ughhhhhhhh….

Quite honestly, as entertaining as he was trying to make this entire experience for himself and for Abi…

He was exhausted. And he was specifically exhausted of Leviticus - the name of his entire existence and probably the reason why she would’ve died if it hadn’t been the wilderness to take her out first.

Did you know that black holes can grow and expand? How neat is that! Well, maybe not for light or matter that gets sucked in.

Oh, and also stars have entire life cycles. Like people! Or plants. Or animals.

All very fascinating- wait was he supposed to be paying attention?

Graham zoned back into the conversation just getting the tail-end of the whole “If you pray really really hard, you can successfully be extremely miserable in the off chance you might get to suck Cloud Daddy’s dick in heaven or whatever” speech.

Heard it once, heard it a million times.

“I think Leviticus 26:27-30 really speaks to me.” Graham said, drying his voice out into something extremely sarcastic and wry. The most aggressive tone he’d taken so far. The seething hatred at this entire situation boiling to the surface. “Or, even better, does anyone want to know what Leviticus 21:18-21 has to say about people with physical disability?”

Sharp smile. Like a shark that smelled blood.

“How about Timothy 2:11 or-“ And then a sudden stop. A stare off into the distance. “Yeah I’m gonna need to use the bathroom

And then he got up and he left.

The first time he’d just up and left, he’d managed to procure a bottle of vodka. This time, he really needed to smoke.

It wasn’t even like he smoked all that often, to be honest. He’d quit while in uni. It was just…

He really needed to calm down right now before he punched the smug little fuckers in their stupid Jehovah Witness faces, and nicotine sounded like an excellent depressant. So he found a guy that looked equally lost as he was trying to smoke out the window, and he successfully charmed the man into giving him a light and a cigarette. And so he walked out another window and carefully opened it to smoke out of.

The acrid smoke burning his throat the way down, but the jittery frustration lowering back down into a calming soft nothingness.

Maybe he should declare himself a homosexual and get thrown out. That would be hilarious. At least, it’d be entertaining for anyone watching. And he could just stumble home and force himself to give a shit about Cooper’s sad sad love life.

But being alone with his thoughts usually led to dark dark places that he didn’t trust himself with. And at least after this shite, he didn’t trust himself to not do something incredibly stupid.

Maybe Abi could come with him?

But then he’d be leading another woman through a storm and suddenly he was back on the moors and he was covered in snow and everything was could again and he was suffocating and Aoife was begging him to let her go and the walls were closing in and he couldn’t breathe and he was trapped and he couldn’t handle that he couldn’t handle it again he couldn’t do it again he-

A blast of wind and rain knocked Graham in the face, howls of wind echoing like how she’d screamed at first. Bringing him back to reality where the cigarette had gotten soggy and he’d opened the window. With a grunt of effort, the window was closed. Smoking was a filthy habit anyways.

So Graham instead found his way to the bathroom and looked at his expression in the mirror. Splashed some water on his face. Slapped himself a couple of times on the cheek. Ignored the blood that was staining and caking his hands and how he could feel dirt and grime covering every inch of his skin. Fought the rising nausea in his-

Nope, he was going to throw up.

And so he did.

If anybody asked, it was the alcohol.

© weldherwings.

silvana garth

tw: substance abuse

It wasn't but a few moments later that there was a knock on the door, she knew it was Cooper, so she did the last few things to finish getting ready, then there was another knock and a plead for her to hurry up. "Chert voz'mi, I'm coming!" Silvana yelled towards the man outside her door who was growing impatient with her, there was no doubt he was already pissed off with her, and this would just make him more frustrated.

Carefully, she poured out the last little bit of white substance that out of it's baggy, sighing at the small amount, she went ahead and snorted it. Tilting her head back to make sure that she got every last bit and none went to waste. After one last hard sniff, she was ready to leave the hotel room finally, heading towards the door she noticed the power flicker.

The door swings open, revealing a soaking wet Cooper on the other side, "Do you not own an umbrella?" She asked in a monotone voice, her still-thick accent hanging on every word she spoke to him. Her eyes rolled as she stepped inside once more to grab her own umbrella, not wanting to risk getting absolutely soaked, which would more than likely be unavoidable.

Her hand reaches down and intertwines with his, then she begins to drag him towards the elevator, her feet were in enough pain already that there was no way she was taking the stairs all the way to the bottom floor. The two make their way into the lift, where Silvana drops his hand and presses the button to begin the journey downstairs, but halfway there, the elevator jerks, lights flicker, and everything comes to a dark stand still.

Emergency lights flash on and flood the small room they were sharing with light, "Well, fuck. There is no way this is happening." She turns and looks at Cooper who, very obviously, wasn't having a good time in the first place, and now they were stuck together for who knows how long. Without any drugs, there was no way that Silv would be able to survive this situation.

© weldherwings.

.scroll

fuck
— bring me the horizon

mood
3xcit3d!!!

outfit
uwp1046469.png

interactions
Mazzy< 3

tags
doedeer doedeer

scarlett

― "it's forever us against them all"

"SCARZZZZ!"

"You look so amazennn!!!"
Mazzy gushed towards the girl in her passenger seat, a huge smile now on her face. "Thanksssss!" Scarlett spoke back in an excited tone, the two were basically inseparable, always either hanging out or on a skype session together. It wasn't too long after that Maz brought up seeing Raveyln, "OMG yess!! I'm so excited for all of us to be together in person again, it's been too long!!" She claps her hands in excitement, ready for the three to be getting absolute trashed later on in the night.

Then there was the mention of Drew driving Rave to the party, this also worried Scarlett as she knew Drew had the tendency of driving under the influence. She hoped and prayed that the two would get there safely, especially with how the weather was. Listening to Maz's concerns about them while also jamming out to some music. The conversation swapped from Drew and Raveyln to the weather that was beating down on the car's exterior, she was right, the Industrial district had to have been absolutely chaotic and flooded by now, there was no way it wasn't.

"How are you, baby?" Mazzy spoke directly to Scarlett, switching off of her tangent mode. A grin smeared across the dark-haired girl's face, she loved when Maz called her any sort of endearment, it warmed her little, cold emo heart. "I'm doing great, my love, how are you?" She gently pinches the blonde's cheeks, trying to get some sort of laugh out of her.

It wasn't too long after that they had arrived to Kenzie's house where the party would be taking place. People were already inside and more were entering as the car was parked on the side of the road. Scar looked out the window to try and guess how long it would take to actually get to the house, but as long as she was entering with Maz, it didn't matter how wet she got. "You ready to get wet?" She winks at her, and laughs, preparing herself to make a run towards the house.

coded by xayah.ღ

abigail hargreaves

”If you do need to use the bathroom, it’s just out the door on your left.” Abigail nods, and sits for a few more seconds before things started to get somewhat heated. There were mentions of homosexuality and then scriptures were being called out, she didn't know what to do in this situation. Things started becoming uncomfortable quickly, and her only escape would be to the bathroom alongside Graham who had already gotten up to leave.

As she speaks, she also signs so that Max is aware of where she was going, "I'll be right back, just need to use the restroom, I apologize." Giving a polite nod as she stands up, sneakily grabbing the bottle that was left in front of the chair that lacked the shirtless giant. As she exited the room, the lid is removed off the bottle and she takes a drink, making a b-line towards the bathrooms where she assumed Graham was.

A knock on the door, a slight push, and a "hello?" echoed through the restroom that was empty except for one person. The sound of vomiting had been heard beforehand, making Abigail become slightly concerned, "Every thing alright in here?" She questioned towards Graham who she assumed to be in the only stall that was shut, "It's Abby, just kind of assumed you wanted to get away from the group, but it seems like you're sick." She walks towards the sinks and begins to adjust her hair, trying to preoccupy herself while the man gathered himself enough to come out of the stall.

Another sip of the liquor, the burning liquid slides down her throat, at this point it was comforting. Did she feel bad about abandoning Josh and Max? Of course, but there was no way she could handle the possibility of being criticized for something nobody knew about her, except Max. At this point, all she wanted to do was just gather everyone up and leave, stealing Josh from his family who seemed to not really mind overstepping him, she could see it in his face that it was something he was used to though.

"Honestly, if you need to talk about what happened in the study, let me know. I really don't know what any of those scriptures mean that you brought up." She speaks softly as her back meets the wall and she slowly slides down, trying to get comfortable on the cold tiles that made up the floor. Her eyes darting around the restroom, having never been in the men's room before, it was interesting to see how different it was compared to the women's room.

© weldherwings.

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood humiliated

location kingdom hall.

outfit wet flannel.

fun fact Nearly 50% of LGBT individuals meet the criteria for PTSD.

tag weldherwings weldherwings qunqun qunqun floralmoon floralmoon

Max Berkowitz

/* ------ right side ------ */

Max paid solemn attention to Mrs. Jones and Matthew's responses to his question. "Right. Right, right, people are always changing, and I guess if one day I... I mean my friend will..."
He made a quiet choking sound and waved off the unfinished remark. He didn't need to end that sentence, though, because if he had tried to then Graham's next words would have cut him off anyhow. Max saw everyone in the room stiffen and turn a different color and he noticed that the giant had started speaking, too fast and too abrupt for anyone to interpret for Max. Was he yelling? It looked like it, but Max couldn't tell. The words seemed to rattle off the shirtless man's lips at a breakneck pace, and all Max could tell was that he seemed furious. Hurt, almost. He strode out of the room, leaving his bottle of sharp-smelling liquor abandoned under his chair.

What had just happened?

He turned to ask Abby, his confidant, but she didn't even seem to notice him trying to get her attention. Instead, she followed Graham out, leaving Max alone with the Joneses.

Max's heart turned into a heavy clump of lead and a suffocating knot formed in his throat. He took in a cold breath of air that seemed to disappear before it reached his lungs. Feeling his lip starting to quiver, he bit down on it, dug his heels into the floor, and begged himself to stay calm. He wasn't ready to sit through this alone. He hadn't realized how much he needed Abby to be there until she'd walked out.

It was foolish of Max, but some part of his brain couldn't help but spin a thread on how she probably left because of him. Maybe it was just too uncomfortable for her to sit there and watch his awkward attempts at fitting in, or she was simply tired and needed a break from being his interpreter, or whatever she was going through right now was too painful for her to be around him. He was making it worse, whatever it was.
Max, feeling salty liquid sting at his eyelids, hastily dried his eyes on his sleeve. "Sorry. Allergies."

Josh had been eerily unresponsive throughout all of this, saying absolutely nothing. It was almost as though Josh had become a sort of hologram, visible sitting in the room but somehow not being there at all. Max watched the older boy picking at his nailbeds, thinking to himself that it made perfect sense that Josh wouldn't speak up in this scenario after what Max had said to him earlier.
Nice legs.
Max could see that he was far from the only one who was drowning in the awkward stillness that had taken over the room. He knew that look behind Josh's frozen face, and the two empty seats where Graham and Abby once were seemed to suck up all the gravity in the room.
The only way Max knew to apologize to Josh for what he'd done before was to try to save the bible study, but he couldn't. He knew that he couldn't. If these people didn't already hate him, they would soon. They would as soon as they figured out who he was.

"...Well, I guess what I'm asking is if someone who was gay could still be... if people could still be friends with..." A ragged sob got trapped behind his gritted teeth and he covered his mouth, whatever was helping him keep it together unraveling and falling apart like cobwebs. "I'm sorry. Sorry, sorry. It's the dust. I just... allergies, you know? Sorry. I'm so sorry."

© weldherwings.

joshua jones

It wasn’t his Umma’s spill about what the Bible said about homosexuality, nor was it Matthew’s spill about how you could practically pray the gay away that caught Joshua’s attention. Oh, no. It was Graham, out of all people. The dry rumble in his voice, entangled with frustration and anger, as he began to throw out bible verses like they had been burnt into the back of his eyelids; and every night he closed his eyes, they were all that he saw. The pain, resentment and the fury that bottled up inside the man were unleashed in just a small portion of his words. It was enough to drag Joshua’s attention away from chipping away at the skin of his nail beds and land upon the fiery ginger-haired man. But just as he started, it was finishing, and Graham stood up to excuse himself to use the bathroom.

Well, Joshua pondered to himself I wonder what that was all about.

Within seconds of the grand exit, Abigail stood and also declared that she too needed to use the restroom. Honestly, it was odd timing. Had his Umma and brother said something to have upset them both? If Joshua was to speak truthfully, he found there to be quite the contradiction in the scriptures. Umma said that they weren’t on this Earth to bring hate or degrade homosexuals; and yet, they were meant to treat them like they weren’t of this world. That they, as witnesses, didn’t see them as worthy enough to join Jehovah in the afterlife. Wasn’t that… cruel? Wouldn’t Jehovah want all his children to join Him in the afterlife, and not just a selected few? There were nights when Joshua found himself tossing and turning in bed as a child, fearing that even though Jehovah had placed him upon this Earth with millions and millions of other people, why would he only select a few at the end of it all?

And now it was just Max and Joneses left to dwell on the scripture.

Joshua was many things in life; a wallflower, the one who would stand as far as possible from all the action, and the one who would just rather stay invisible. But there was one thing he wasn’t; blind. He wasn’t blind to the emotion that he could see on Max’s face. In retrospect, Joshua was more of an empath in comparison to most of the other members of his family. He felt things, and he felt them hard. It was probably the core route of his nail-picking problem, always constantly riddled with feelings of anxiety around others. So, when Max apologised for his tearing eyes, blaming it on the allergies, Joshua knew dang well that it wasn’t the case.

His eyes softened at the sight of the boy wiping his eyes. As the sob erupted past his lips, Joshua straightened up from his slouching position. Grace was already all hands on deck, moving her way to sit next to the boy and place a comforting hand on his shoulder. “It’s okay, love,” she said in a calm, soothing melodic tone, signing as she did so. “We’re all family here. You can talk as freely as you want

Joshua had been so focused on Max’s emotions allergies that he had failed to realise that there were now two pairs of eyes on him. And when he did, he felt like a deer caught in headlights. His Umma and Matthew both looked at him with expectancy. As if it was his turn to say something about the manner. They had done their part, and now it was time for Joshua to represent the family. A flood of emotions, scriptures and logical, cognitive thinking erupted into his head, trying to grasp onto something in hopes to keep him afloat.

Sweet Jehovah, save him now.

I… I think,” he began, hoping that he was signing correctly. After all, he had been incredibly rusty. “We’re not… meant to live like this world… We are not of this world, so shouldn’t live like we do… So, to be friends with anyone that doesn’t believe or follow Jehovah’s laws… it’s… It’s not really what… we do… I suppose.” He stumbled and mumbled over his words, trying to collect all knowledge and information he had gathered from his parent's teachings over the years. “But…” There it was. A bold move about to come across. “Jehovah loves us all… So, why can’t He love us regardless of who we are and who we love-

And that… is going off on a bit of a tangent there, Joshua” Matthew interrupted, grinding his teeth as he eyeballed his younger brother. He moved over one seat to sit next to Joshua, placing a firm claw grasp upon his brother’s thigh before releasing a chuckle. “Joshua is still learning the scriptures so don’t take too much to heart.

© weldherwings.

MOOD: losing your house to flood damage core

OUTFIT: has never listened to nirvana

basics
TL;DR Sed fermentum tortor nulla, vel sodales nibh bibendum eu. Maecenas a lacus a libero blandit commodo. In lobortis aliquam urna, id tempor ex semper at
tl;dr
ashley park
I'm not that nice, I'm mean and I'm evil, don't call me nice

Ashley probably should've done something about Oliver's little break in attempt, even she sorta knew that much. But as she snuck into the hallway of the Thackery apartment through the window, what little rational thought the young girl had in her head promptly disappeared in favor of getting out of that fucking closet. She needed to take her mind off the rage and annoyance and self pity that seemed to bubble up everytime her father was in her vicinity, and put them towards shenanigans. So, in lieu of waiting for her friends to answer the door, why not do something quicker? It wasn't as if Deirdre packed a shotgun or Dustin was trained in martial arts. What was the worst that could happen as home invaders anyway?

"Charlie!" Ash exclaimed, equally caught off guard by the young girl's sudden rpesense. "Dustin invited us to come over. We got in through the window and-holy shit is that his shirt?"

The young girl's rational brain knew this was not the thing to be focusing on in the time of a flood, that it didn't necessarily mean what she thought it meant. But it seemed Ashley's rational brain had gotten a sore case of laryngitis because it sure as hell hadn't been speaking up during this exploit. Now, all she could focus on was her friend walking around Dustin's apartment in his clothes. Honestly, she hadn't expected the two to have wound up within each other's vicinity at all, much less that they would be seeking shelter in the same place. She definitely didn't expect to have to worry about just what they'd been up to during their little shelter together from the storm. But worry she did, the thought of him fucking around with her friend making her indescribably pissed. The idea of Dustin getting with someone else had never entered her head, too awful an idea to envision. But she also knew Dustin wouldn't ever turn down a girl's offer if so propositioned, especially not because he felt a commitment to their weird flirtationship.

"Where is the mophead anyway?" She questioned, attempting to sound as chill and casual as possible while she noted that he'd so far not shown up to the little party. Actually, come to think of it where was Deirdre? The older woman was always the first to note commotion, and two teens breaking in definitely counted as commotion. The fact that nobody had waltzed in to demand an explanation, or was bustling around the apartment gave her a odd feeling. Dustin and Chrissy, at least spent time in their rooms so their absence in the hallway was more explainable. But Deirdre?

She was probably fine right? Right, right, don't think about it too much. She was probably just asleep or something. The young girl truly did not wish to envision her almost mother figure running around outside in this shitstorm. The very idea made her sick to her stomach, her brain working a mile a minute to process all the shit that had been going on since the flood.

Ash let out a loud sigh, continuing her descent into the Thackery apartment until she collapsed onto a couch. The young girl had about a dozen things to worry about, regarding her dad, Tony, Dustin, Deirdre, bunking with Oli, etc and she needed a sweet sweet release. So she stood up straight, and let out an ear-piercing bellow.

"PUT YOUR PANTS ON, THIS IS A ROBBERY"
code by valen t.

drew vodianov

♫/playing in the car: whole - basement/♫

mood

pretending, a lil xanned/drunk

kenzie's house

oufit

tag

raven Nightmarish Nightmarish , kenzie neverbackdown neverbackdown mazzy, scar floralmoon floralmoon , Mateo purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

drew was in a bit of a daze, momentarily unaware of raevlyn and saturn saying goodbye to their family before approaching his car. despite his attempts to drink and pop his way out of mental torment, his efforts were shot. he’d still be running around in circles thinking about the sleepless driving, the run-in with gang bangers on the southside, and the image of charlie’s face in complete disappointment and cold ostracization towards him. on top of that, his girlfriend was being strangely aloof and passionless these last few days–the aloof part was something he was normally okay with, but the lack of desire bothered him. it was unlike kenzie to act so plainly with him. well, they hadn’t been having sex at all lately. usually just hanging out and still having somewhat of a good time, but the lack of it was attributed to their rising uptake of opiates. maybe kenzie wouldn’t be so affected by it, but drew’s abuse of the drug didn’t leave him with much drive or energy for anything else at all–coz my dick doesn’t work off the percs?--is that it? no.. i don’t know....

he scoffed to himself–trying to figure out exactly why she was giving him the cold shoulder. the more he thought about it the more paranoid he got. and mateo.. why the fuck is he coming to the party.. he’d usually have had to deal with his ex-friend’s presence before at other people’s house parties, but at his own girlfriends’? he scoffed into a short laugh again.

it didn’t help that the xanax and alcohol in his system was making him disregard the fact he went on an hours long binge of methamphetimenes just this morning. the tracing effects of mania and emotional instability were lasting longer than he anticipated. he gulped, trying to steady his hand on the wheel. i need to chill out.

the boy tried to take a deep breath and sit still in the car, but he’d continue down the rabbit hole of overthinking. between the rushing noise of rain and his interior’s music blasting, he’d barely even noticed saturn jumping into the back of the car. when raven hit the passenger seat, he was barely able to snap out of his daze–taking a second before acknowledging her as to not turn his head too far. she’d place something in his lap before downing it, but he slowly reacted–the pill falling in between his legs and into the seat. drew leaned over a bit to track it down, but the fingers of his friend were quick to pull his face towards her.

“ow..” he groaned quietly, closing one of his eyes and barely making an attempt to release himself from her grasp, “raev, it’s finee..” he mumbled as she examined his face–dejection shown in their voice, though she’d insist on his telling.

once her fingers slipped off his face and back into her lap, he met their eyes for a moment–trying himself not to wince at yet another disappointed look on the face of a person he cared for. goddamit. don't give me that look..

“um,” he cleared his throat, “i–just had a crazy night okay i’m not in trouble or anything.” he continued, quite visibly uncomfortable having to open up about the embarrassingly awful last ten-plus hours. his voice was raspier than usual, sore and hard to push out.

they wouldn’t really take this for an answer though, judging by the look on raevlyn’s face. drew never could hide much from her. he never wanted to. she was his safe space to speak with on any matter, but between the drugs and mental distress–it’d take him awhile to offer much else on the physical altercations.

he pulled his hood off his head, revealing the scrapes and forming bruising in full view–running his hands through his wet hair with a sigh. “i got the drugs ok?--in full. actually i got hooked up a ton. had to take a little…punking.. that’s it. but im good, these’ll go away. and i’m about to make some serious cash too.”--as he downed his nip. trying to advert the attention he’d reach over into the back of the car, scruffing up a slightly wet saturn as he offered coos and pats of recognition.

drew wiped his hands on his pants, then backed his car up and back onto the street. he’d keep his eyes off raevlyn and put the car into drive, inching his way up through the rain and towards kenzie’s block. he was feeling just physically sensible enough to drive without any swerving much at all. it was a good thing he was a decent driver sober. drew’d shown some restraint in not popping anything besides the nip, but as soon as he parked his car a percocet was in near order.

he thought about telling raevlyn about charlie, but that’d have to wait. perhaps he’d bring it up later on his own accord, but right now wasn’t the time. he’d have to mask any and every sign of despondancy for this party–especially if mateo was going to be there.

when they’d stopped, he’d sling his back pack over his shoulder. “here.”--handing her a baggy of ketamine. “you can have this. it’s pretty clean too–good stuff. share it with..scar and.. maz or whatever.” he offered her an amused look, “you ready?”

drew reached over the seat to give more pets to saturn once again, “you ready too girl? oh i know you are..”

© weldherwings.

mood on-edge

location chalamet building.

outfit Definitely slept in this last night

fun fact The scientific name for the flatback sea turtle is Natator Depressus. The flatback is the only sea turtle to have an endemic range, exclusively found along the northern coasts of Australia.

tag tamarapasek tamarapasek doedeer doedeer Qwertycakes Qwertycakes

Oliver Dreyfuss

The power was out throughout the building, leaving the two teens wandering down the short hallway in soft gray darkness.
Oliver felt at home in darkness, really. He often found it comforting knowing that he could easily go unnoticed in shadowy places. Though this was a simple product of his upbringing, this little quirk most likely lent itself to his classmates' theories that he was a ghost or a zombie. Oliver was, for the most part, unaware of how his habits and mannerisms could come across as worrisome or ghoulish.

Staying a few steps ahead of Ashley, Oliver noticed that the door to Dustin's bedroom was cracked open as they passed by it. Surely their friend would be inside, Oliver figured, stepping closer to take a look...
...right as someone took a step backward from the door and collided with him.

"AAAGH!"

Alarmed, the boy jumped back, quickly bracing himself against the wall and taking a defensive position between Ashley and... Charlie?
Oh. It was Charlie. Just Charlie, their other friend, who Oliver had forgotten would be here.
"Oh. Ch... Ch-charlie. Hi." He hastily shoved something back into his pocket, repetitively brushing off the front of his shirt as if Charlie bumping into him had covered him in ants. "Why do you have Dustin's clothes on?" His perpetual stutter and slight dentalized lisp softened the bluntness of his somewhat tactless question. Oliver meant well, but he often had a difficult time gauging when his confusion could be mistaken for rudeness.

To be fair, though, it was a bit odd that Charlie was sharing Dustin's wardrobe. The two were friends, but Oliver hadn't realized they were that close. He blinked, perplexed, tapping his fingers against his collarbone. "How are you?" He asked with a warm, genuine, gap-toothed grin, as if it had just occurred to him that typical greetings might be in order.

He still seemed to be pleading the fifth on the fact that he'd just broken in through the window with Ashley like a pair of cat burglars.

Ashley, meanwhile, was utilizing her usual method of getting Dustin's attention: screaming.
"PUT YOUR PANTS ON, THIS IS A ROBBERY"
Oliver hissed, shielding his ears with his hands. Somehow he still hadn't learned to expect this whenever Ashley needed Dustin to show up. "Ssshh!! Ashley!" His tone was more pleading than scolding. Oliver was well aware that their parents could likely still hear them from downstairs, through the thin walls and ceilings of the building.

The turtle-loving teen didn't want his mother to come storming up the stairs. If Ashley's situation with her family was anything like his, which he'd come to assume that it was, she wouldn't want that either. Mr. Park and Mrs. Dreyfuss had grown uncomfortably close over the years, and the closer they got, the more Oliver became worried that a merging of these two broken families would multiply the severity of the torment.
He didn't want that for himself, and he especially didn't want that for Ashley. He wouldn't wish his situation on anyone, but especially not such a beloved friend.

Right now, all he really wanted for his birthday was to avoid their intermingling families for a few hours.

© weldherwings.

Raevlyn
Darrow
Take me to space~
https:///www.raevlyn-darrow.com
/sugarinspace
Raven wasn't satisfied with any of Drews answers, of course, and she couldn't hold back a small, sad gasp as his hood fell from his head, fully revealing the extent of his damage, but the knew when to hold off on prying, they knew they'd get a full answer eventually, that and whatever other thoughts were obviously tumbling dangerously in the boys head. And to be honest, they couldn't help but still be excited at the mention of more drugs, so they dropped it, for now at least, changing the subject and blabbering on in some random tangent to fill the silence as they made their way towards Kenzie's trailing off as they spotted Mazzy's car, a smile painting their pale face.
As they pulled their backpack back on their shoulders, their smile grew into a wide grin at the mention of ketamine, taking the baggy eagerly and tucking it into their 'make-up bag'. "Ahh, thank you bubba!" They threw their arms around the boy in a quick, gentle hug, before pulling back and nodding quickly. "I'm always ready." A total lie, but they secretly hoped that if they said that enough, someday it'd come true. They threw open the passenger door and launched themselves into the rain, the alcohol pounding gently through their system and blocking their usual discomfort with cold rain soaking into their skin, their sweet pitbull tumbling out after them and pressing herself close. They followed Drew towards the house, calling excitedly out to Mazzy and Scarlett as their eyes found their close friends, the two sticking out as they exited the car.
coded by reveriee.

stella

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

hole

petals

It was all fucked.

Stella stood at her doorway, looking helplessly in at her apartment. What was her apartment.

Her belongings lay sodden and irremediable beneath a layer of debris. Above, where several hours ago existed a leaky and damp roof, now was nothing more than a gaping hole and a cascade of rainwater. The situation was bleak.

In a final attempt to redeem any potential hope, Stella approached her bed, reaching out to a think knitted comforter – the single physical remnant of her sister. She’d kept a guarded possession of it since her death, clinging to the last tie between herself in this realm and Melissa in the next. Throughout her short life it had been Melissa’s pacifier, then becoming Stella’s on the same evening her body was discovered. The careful loops and twists of the intricate fibers held a magnitude of profound pain and emotion; a strange and taboo topic for Stella to dwell on.

She dug her cold and pale fingers deep within it; the swollen, sopping cotton heavy in her hands. She ignored the urge to frown - or perhaps cry, she couldn’t tell – and heaved the damp, dense blanket into her arms.

It seemed pointless to feel any which way: disappointed, angry, upset. She could bitch and moan about the useless fucking landlord, and the eternal state of disrepair the building had festered in up to now, making a situation like this inevitable. She had done somewhat well to bide her time up to now. It was just a matter of where to go from here.

She took one last look at the room she had made her own; all her worldly belongings reduced to trash in one swift act of God. Blanket draped over one arm, she reached into her pocket for a cigarette, and trudged out of the building.

Outside was loud with the wail of sirens and alarms. A few other people were leaving their buildings, managing to recover a number more belongings than Stella. Whatever. She never had the best of luck anyway.

“Jane,” she spoke into her phone between chuffs of her cigarette, “Yeah, I’m in a bit of a uh – a situation, some might say. No, I mean, my place is fucked, the fucking roof came in or whatever. There’s not much left, to be honest. Fuck that place anyway, man, it was a shithole. Would you? Oh, sweet, amazing – yeah, I’m out front. Nah, I can hang for a bit, don’t worry. Okay, okay, see you soon.”

She hung up and sighed – not out of defeat, but more of a quiet appreciation. She’d been through it all, some things more than once, and this was just one more steaming pile of shit to move on and get over. Fuck it.

♡coded by uxie♡

Loverboy

A-Wall

Graham Byrne

The quiet whisper in the back of his brain as Abigail entered the bathroom and asked him if everything was alright.

She doesn’t actually care

She wants to make herself feel better.

She wants to see the asshole again. She doesn’t want you. She wants the asshole.

But it seems like you’re sick.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I said it was the alcohol, would ya?” He joked as he felt bile rising up his throat again. A couple of coughs as he stood, and then he walked back to the front, passing her. He washed out his mouth, the comfortable flippancy settling back into his skin like an old glove. “Don’t worry about me though, lass. Right as rain.”

His whitened skin and ashy pallor spoke a different story. But since when did Graham ever tell the truth? He purposefully avoided looking at himself in the mirror. It was probably for the best.

“The Bible verses ehm… They’re just… All the shitty things that the Bible says about anyone who ain’t up top their shitty little code of conduct.” He said with a shrug. “So like… That’s women that try to take any authority from men or try to teach men or ehm… gay people, obviously… The physically disasbled… And of course, if you don’t follow God’s law he’s going to force you to eat your children which is ehm…” A trail off.

“Y'know. Generally considered ‘not the nicest thing to make someone do.’” Graham said jokingly. The bite was still in his voice, but it seemed like he was actively trying to mellow out the bite to something resembling a joking tone.

A small pause.

“Gonna need that alcohol. I don’t want to leave the little kid by himself to the wolves, but these stuck up holier than thou pricks get me angry.” He said, hand beckoning for the bottle.

You can’t get angry, though. It’s burdensome.

It wasn’t like the little voice in his head was ever wrong, but it still annoyed the shit out of him sometimes. But keeping in his abilities, he had to kill people with kindness. Or at least, pester and annoy with flirtations and compliments until they just left him alone.

“What can I say? I’m a gadfly at heart.” He said, lips pulled back into what could only be described as a bit of a self-deprecating grin. “So this your first time being preached at?”

© weldherwings.

abigail hargreaves

Graham tried to pass off the fact that him throwing up was because the alcohol, but she knew better than that, even in the short amount of time that they knew each other. He would've been in a bigger rush had he really been sick, that was one of the first signs that there was something else going on. Abigail wasn't going to try and harass the man into telling her what was going on, so she let it go.

He began explaining what the bible verses meant, her heart wrenched when he mentioned being gay and disabled, her mind immediately went to Max, the boy that she had left to fend for himself with the human equivalent of a hungry pack of wolves. There had to be a way to get them all out of this study without seeming rude, but she couldn't think of anything right now.

A hand reaches out for the bottle that Abby was cradling, she takes one more sip of it then replaces the cap. Gently, she puts it back into the large hand in front of her, making sure that he had a grasp on it before letting go. Graham begins to speak once more, self-declaring himself a gadfly, she knew exactly what he was talking about, but didn't really see him as a pest. She quietly laughs at the comment, never once has anyone referred to themselves as any sort of insect, so this was a first to hear.

Graham speaks once more, “So this your first time being preached at?” Abigail nods at him, she never really attended church growing up, especially with her mother having an affair when she was younger, it was sinful. "I'm well aware of what is considered "sinful" though, which I can agree with some of them, but there are others that just shouldn't be included." She makes sure to emphasis her lackluster of the word sinful by putting air quotes around it.

"I honestly want to get out of here before they start preaching shit that applies to me, I know Max is already dying out there and I feel bad enough for leaving him... I just couldn't take their fake nice attitudes." Abigail rolls her eyes at the thought of the group they were going to return to, Josh was the only one in the group that she knew had good intentions. Her mind dances back and forth between the conversation she was having with Graham and thinking of an excuse to get the group out of the study.

Her eyes look back up to the giant who was standing in front of her, with a pleading gleam in them, she speaks up once again, "We have to find out a way to leave, for Max's sake." Especially after the scriptures that were quoted, she knew they were on the topic of homosexuality, Max was just a precious young boy and there was no need for him to be left in such an awful situation alone. Josh wasn't going to stand up to his family, that was made obvious when he got up to go sit with them when the group entered the room.

Carefully standing up, the girl adjusts her outfit and looks at herself in the mirror, gussying up one last time before the two would head back to the study. After her one last look, she turns around to Graham, her eyes trying to avoid his still exposed torso, and looking him straight in the eyes, "If you have any ideas, let me know. We have a little bit of time before we're back in the group, especially if we walk slow."

© weldherwings.

mood emotional breakdown

location kingdom hall.

outfit wet flannel.

fun fact The term "religious trauma syndrome" was coined in 2011 by psychologist Marlene Winell

tag weldherwings weldherwings

Max Berkowitz

(TW: internalized homophobia.)

“We’re not… meant to live like this world… We are not of this world, so shouldn’t live like we do… So, to be friends with anyone that doesn’t believe or follow Jehovah’s laws… it’s… It’s not really what… we do… I suppose.”

That's not really what we do.

Those words seared their way into Max's memory, branding a part of his brain with another ugly black scar of self-loathing.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything as Matthew continued upon his younger brother's comment. Max's hands felt paralyzed, limply clinging to his elbows as he tried to swallow back another sob that he felt claw its way out of his throat despite his fierce effort. He could feel the tears streaking down his cheeks now, dripping off his face, which burned red-hot.
He looked pathetic, really.
Boys don't cry like this.
Boys don't cry.

Josh's mother moved next to Max, laying a hand on his shoulder as a comforting gesture, but all Max could think of in that moment was how that kind woman would be so disgusted and repulsed by him that she'd regret having touched him as soon as she learned what he was.
Somewhere in his imagination he could see her later frantically scrubbing her hand with water, as if he'd infected her with some vile disease.

The Joneses were still being so kind to him. why?
How did they not know yet?
What kind of normal, straight-laced young man of sixteen years starts choking on tears as soon as this subject comes up in a church?

Josh couldn't be friends with someone like him.
Somewhere up there, Josh's God was looking down at Max, sneering at him.
He might as well have said 'I wouldn't wipe my shoes with you, you filthy f..."

"I'm sorry, Josh..." The name came slowly, stiffly, as if forming it hurt Max's wrists. "I shouldn't have said what I said." He meant, of course, the comment he made in the bathroom, but his family members present would not have known that. The words must have looked strange to them, but no more strange coming from a boy who'd suddenly burst into tears in the middle of bible study.

In a better world, Max would have loved to be friends with someone like Josh; someone so gentle and soft-spoken and beautiful.

But the better world Max imagined wasn't a kinder and more accepting one where he could simply exist as he was. He instead imagined a world where there existed a perfect version of himself that no one could possibly hate. A straight Max... one that could hear, that was popular enough, tall enough, masculine enough. Good at everything. Loved by everyone.
This imaginary perfect alternate universe Max did not exist, and in his place, there was just this sad, miserable excuse of a teenager.

Max scooted his chair back, unaware of the loud screech it made as it skidded across the linoleum flooring. He didn't leave; he couldn't think of an appropriate excuse to dismiss him from this nightmare, but every molecule of his body was begging him to run.

Unable to stop the tears, it felt as though the rain had followed him inside.
...helped, no doubt, by the steady drip coming from the ceiling.

Evidently, the building was not nearly as secure as his parents had anticipated.

© weldherwings.

teo choi

Chicken Little really had it right when he said the sky was falling.

Here he stood, mouth agape and staring at the gaping hole that was now in his ceiling. Water sprinkling from the heavens, watering his lounge room with the aspirations for his furniture to spring up and grow like daffodils. It was a sight to behold, and one that Teo was forced to stand and watch. He obviously had no real choice, because what could he really do? He didn’t have a pot big enough to encapsulate the amount of water pouring from a hole that size.

Ren’s confession about only breaking a window caught Teo’s attention for a brief second. His mind trailed through questions, including why did he break my window?. But, in the end, lead him back to the thick white lie that Ren had previously crafted - and Teo believed - about him chasing off the intruder. It all made clear sense now. Of course he had to break the window for that. It was all logical. How could he even question it?

But now the stranger was ready to combat; because if it wasn’t his fault, it meant it was someone else’s. And apparently, that someone was Teo. As the long haired male waved his hand in a graceful motion, declaring that his home created a bad harmony, Teo’s mouth fell open in a state of shock and horror. How dare he said such a thing. Admittedly, Teo wasn’t the cleanest of people. There were dishes that needed to be done from five weeks ago gathering mould, a pile of clothes designated to five different chairs just “in case” he wanted to wear those clothes again before he got around to doing any sort of washing (which, if we were honest, he hadn’t done in a very, very, very long time. It was just easier to buy new clothes than to wash the ones he already had), and there were items cluttered around the house that well and surely should’ve been left in drawers, shelves and in the rubbish bin. But while it may have looked like chaos to others, it was his chaos. He knew where everything was, and there was a comfort in knowing it. Moving things around and cleaning it would just send his brain haywire, and there was no way he would remember where have the things were; sober or intoxicated.

The mention of having to sleep with the maintenance guy caused Teo to raise a brow. Why would he have to sleep with him when he could just pay him? Did… Did this stranger think he had no money? That he was just barely scraping by to make his ends means? Well, it wasn’t like he was rolling in the riches. He had a monthly gap blessed to him by his father’s card. But even then, the gap was pretty substantial. However, rather than spending the money on proper adult things like groceries, rent, furniture, a maid or even a toilet scrubber, Teo decided that, well, you only live once. So, why not live like life was an ongoing party? He, quite honestly, was not good was finances.

Speaking of money…

The stranger began to express how resourceful he was, and how with a little bit money, he could help him out. Teo would’ve had to be stupid to not take up a offer like that. An outstretched arm was extended as a contract to seal the deal, to which Teo closed the distance between the pair of them to come in an agreement with the said deal. “Right-o, then” he agreed, shaking the taller male’s hand. “Lock in on that deal then. Releasing the man’s hand, his hands retreated to his back pocket where he had stashed away some notes from earlier before (because who the heck used wallets these days? Teo was just bound to lose it if he kept one). Digging into the back pocket, he took out a small wad of notes. He had been planning on buying a couple of weeks worth of supplies while he had been out today, but his dealer only had a couple of days on hand instead. “Will this do?” he asked, holding out the multiple hundred dollar bills in his hand, like giving candy to a child.

© weldherwings.

mazzy morrison

♫/all i want is you - rebzyyx/♫

mood

happy

kenzie's

oufit

bbba18364f6294a49f1b4998dd5db14f.jpg
23fb41f7baf8de40b8b31d8719b1f76e.jpg
b481e4b1d13f1cb6afdcfdcb9d40a5e9.jpg

tag

scarlett floralmoon floralmoon , raven Nightmarish Nightmarish

mazzy adored scar’s playful flirting, she’d make a joking pouty face as her friend pinched her cheeks, “i’m lovely now that we’re all going to be together again..” she replied sweetly. ever since the three hung out, maz would admit SHE was the one who started the three-way flirt fest between the three. she just genuinely couldn’t help it–her friends were the cutest girls (and enby) in school and maz made it imperative to constantly shower them in love and compliments. “also i freaking LOVE ur chokers–they’re always too good!!”

my babes only deserve the best < 3

they’d bop their heads, switching aux-duty on mazzy’s phone until they finally reached the house. “oh my gawwwwd look at all those people!!! you can always count on this town to make the most of a crazy day.” she exclaimed, putting her car into parking across the street from kenzie’s.

mazzy grabbed her zim backpack and double checked that she had her monster energy-flavored vape, whippet canister and wallet–incase drew had anything especially intriguing. an eager scar would be practically buzzing–"You ready to get wet?"

“hell yeah i am!!!” she blurted, throwing the car door open and grabbing hands with scarlet as they ducked through the rain–half-jogging across the street with giggles. suddenly, the blonde perked her head up–almost tripping. wait did i just hear our names?

“it’s raev!!” she screamed, nearly jerking scarlet over to their currently white-haired friend. “RAEVVVVYYYY.” the two gushed as the girls took turns hugging raevlyn.

“oh you, look so SICK!!!” mazzy said with her mouth wide open for further effect, “and hewwo there saturn~”

“um, oh yea–hi drew.”
she said candidly–then with a tease, “you look.. cool or wat-ev–ah.”

the boy would return this with a tight smile and a plain-tone of voice barely looking at the girls under his hood, “hi maz, hi scar.”

maz pulled her cat-eared hood over her and turned back to face her friends--almost cutting the boy off in his reply. “ermm what are we doing still outside???--fuck this rain!! let’s party!!” she grinned, linking arms with raev and scar to motion them and saturn in through the door–bascially leaving drew behind. she didn't mean to be rude to him anyway. she just couldn't help being so excited. the posse was complete and tonight would be on track as memorable for sure..

© weldherwings.

mateo milyukov

The house was filled with people and even though his fur jacket lost most of its furry look by the amounts of rain he had walked through Mateo made it to Kenzie's party in one piece. Mateo was sleeping with his brother Kaz at the moment but it wouldn't be long before he had to pack his stuff and live with Alex, who was still in a honeymoon phase with his new girlfriend. Not something Mateo wanted to be a part of and absolutely not hear anything of. Sometimes it felt like he had divorced parents as he traveled back and forth with his ragged backpack between the two brothers at least every week.

Mateo dropped his jacket in the corner before barging his way through the people, some of which he knew and most of which he didn't. He didn't have too wait long to get a red cup filled with liquor in his right hand. 'Cheers!'
Mateo had secretly been looking for only one girl, the one who threw the party and was by this time already somewhere throwing up. He was not in love but the thrill of her flirting with him had been getting him hooked for weeks and now tonight, he was finally going to make a move even though she might had been the girlfriend of his ex-best friend. Drew. That was just the after thought of the fine line that he had drawn.
He was now noticing how double he had actually been seeing this whole time but to distract him from that he had spotted his best friends, Willow and Jay.

Mateo didn't know what his friends had put in his drink but two hours later he had lost his shoes and was now half crawling up the stairs and had not seen Kenzie anywhere. The thought of her in bed with Drew was pissing him off so he wanted to be fast, make a romantic gesture, seven seconds in heaven. Whatever would work at getting back at his best friend. Or. . Yeah, it was totally still about Kenzie. Not about Drew at all.

As if God himself had heard him, he saw the black haired girl with her fancy black boots dancing upstairs. Alone. Mateo scrambled himself off the stairs, holding on to the railings. 'What a coincidence,' Mateo slurred his words a little and only stepped forwards to fall in one of the bean bags that laid in front of her. 'I might be a little drunk but you throw some great parties Kenz.' He nodded to the little space next to him in the big red bean bag he was laying on, he patted on the empty space with his two feet playfully. 'Come join,' he spoke certain of himself as if he felt the opportunity of revenge creeping in closer.

© weldherwings.

cooper attenborough

TW: SUBSTANCE ABUSE

Sarcasm. The amusement was probably dripping off Cooper's face at this point and before he could tell her off she turned around again to grab, how could you guess? An umbrella. It was like she was trying to play with his heart strings at this point and Cooper was definitely at his boiling point even though normally her thick Russian accent would really turn him on.

Her soft hand intertwined with his and Cooper didn't hesitate but follow her quietly, he glimpsed at her face now and then and came to the conclusion that she had also been using as her stuffy nose and the leftovers of white powder gave it away.
It felt hypocritical to be upset about it but he couldn't help it, he just wanted her to feel the same way that he did about her. Cooper pressed the elevator button a few times before the whole thing started to shake, the two of them had not said a word to each other but now Silvana started cursing and looked at him as if he was able to fix the stupid thing.

Cooper chuckled before sliding down the wall to the ground, 'yeah way this is happening,' he mumbled, rolling his eyes. Cooper luckily wasn't claustrophobic, holding up pretty well in the smallest box in the world. 'Maybe it's a sign from somewhere that we need to talk, sometime. You know, you can't avoid conversation with me forever.' He was now avoiding eye contact, hoping this Russian Medusa wouldn't turn him into stone.

His hands searched his pockets for more substances but he completely forget, his eyes widened a little before shutting them very close. This was a cruel joke. So cruel.
Next thing Cooper shot the keys in his other pocket to the elevator door out of frustration, trying to not completely lose his shit at the girl next to him he had to keep his cool. 'I'm sorry Silvana, I just don't get why,' Cooper stopped mid sentence, looking at the blonde goddess with his big green eyes. Nothing he would say was going to make this any better but for some reason he couldn't stop saying the wrong things.
'Whatever. I'm just going to sit here until we get rescued,' concluded Cooper, folding his arms over each other while staring at the elevator door with now, the littlest dent, from his keys.

© weldherwings.

scroll

The Rebel

Kenzie

mood

Drunk and High, elated

Home

interactions

Mateo

tags

Kenzie was there in body but not so much in mind. The joys of being host meant that her hand was never empty and all drugs for the night was free meaning she wasn't really sure what she had been taking but whatever it was she was having a great time.

As Kenzie tried to remember the night she was currently having it was all such a blur to her, she remembered being in the sitting room as people arrived, then suddenly in the kitchen and she was sure that she had been outside at some point, pouting her lips slightly Kenzie put her hand up and touched head, the feeling of dampness under her skin confirming that she had indeed been outside but the reason prevailed her.

Shrugging it off, Kenzie laughed out loud to herself as she poured herself a whiskey and leaned against the kitchen counter sipping it as she looked around the growing crowd. It was a very good party she had to say. Her eyes scanned the crowd infront of her but the double vision she was currently experiencing was making it alot more difficult to recognize anyone. Giving up Kenzie walked back through the crowd , drink in hand and made her way up the stairs.

She knew she went upstairs for a reason but as she heard the song beginning to play downstairs all thoughts or reason escaped her mind. Kenzie placed her cup on the small table in the landing and began to dance, swaying her hips in time with the music.

Her thoughts were broken as she heard someone approaching her, a smile forming on her lips as she turned around to see Mateo falling on the beanbag infront of them.

"I honestly wouldn't know if it's been good but based on my current state, I would say it's been excellent" she laughed in reply to his comment before allowing herself to fall onto the beanbag beside him.

"Took you long enough, where have you been until now?" She asked a teasing tone present in her voice.

♡coded by uxie♡

.scroll

as you're falling down
— escape the fate

mood
ready 2 drink

outfit
uwp1046469.png

interactions
Mazzy< 3 & Raevvvlyn

tags
doedeer doedeer Nightmarish Nightmarish

scarlett

― "it's forever us against them all"

"I'm glad we all are getting together again too!"
Scarlett grinned at Maz, and also thanked her for the compliment on her chokers, "We both have impeccable style." She laughs at her own statement and continued to listen to the music that was blasting through the car speakers. It wasn't long before they arrived at the party, Mazzy making a comment at how many people were there, acknowledging how amazing the party had to have been with this kind of turnout.

The two hopped out of the car and started running towards the house when all of a sudden, Scarlett was jerked around and guided in the opposite direction. In front of her was standing Raev and Drew, she was super excited to see Raevlyn, but she didn't know too super much about Drew yet. "Hi my cuties!!!" She gushes towards her friend and their dog, Saturn. With a shy wave to Drew, he greeted back to the two standing in front of him. The rain seemed to have started coming down harder, and right as Scarlett was going to suggest going inside, Mazzy spoke up.

“Ermm what are we doing still outside? Fuck this rain, let’s party!!” With a nod of agreement, Scarlett was already heading inside, her hair was getting flatter with each drop and it was not going to look good in the next 2 minutes of being out in the storm. Dragging all three of them into the party, it was time to get absolutely shit-faced like the rest of the attendees. There were red cups everywhere, people going in and out of bedrooms, couples making out, and even strangers making out, with high hopes of ending up like the rest of them, Scarlett turns back to her group.

She double checks that everyone had made it inside and after a quick headcount, she raises her voice so that all of them could hear over the music that was blasting, "I'm gonna go get something to drink from the kitchen, do you guys wanna come?" Her thumb points behind herself, aiming at the direction the kitchen was in. There was no way she was dry swallowing any pills or getting cotton mouth from smoking, plus you always have more fun while intoxicated, right?

coded by xayah.ღ

silvana garth

trigger warning: drug abuse

She watched as Cooper slid down to the floor of the elevator stating that this situation was definitely happening, it was not ideal for Silvana to be stuck in such a small place with someone who she had been avoiding talking to for a while. The one conversation that she was dreading to happen would more than likely happen in this place, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to have it or not.

Just as her mind had begun to clear up, she hears a loud bang at the elevator door, with a slight jump, she realized what had just happened. Her eyes dart over to Cooper, he begins to speak up, "I'm sorry Silvana, I just don't get why..." he trails off with his sentence. Silvana knew exactly what he was about to start on, the conversation she wasn't exactly ready for, but was going to have to face the music eventually.

She ignored the last bit of what he was saying, something about just waiting to be rescued, but there was no way she would be able to just sit in silence, there had to be something else they could talk about, right? That could be true, but they weren't exactly going to be the first people to get rescued, so there would be many conversations in that timespan.

"I know what you want to talk about, Attenborough. I just don't know what to tell you, malysh." A sigh escapes her lips as she also slides down to the floor, getting eye level with the man she would be trapped with for the next few hours. Her mind raced, she really wouldn't mind being in a relationship with him if he didn't have such outrageous requests, like her to quit working at Peaches. That was her livelihood and there was no way that she was going to give it up for a boy. "Maybe we can come to an agreement?" She speaks softly, trying to figure out how to make things work out between the two.

Her legs stretch out as she leans back slightly, taking a deep breath in through her nose, trying to absorb any residual powder that may remain in her nostrils. This was going to be a very long night, especially because there was no telling when the power would get turned back on into the hotel, it wasn't like there were many guests anyways, so who was there to even complain about it in the first place?

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

joshua jones

I’m sorry, Josh… I shouldn’t have said what I said.

A frown stretched across Joshua’s face as he looked deeply at the boy before him. What was he apologising for exactly, and what was the thing he said that he shouldn’t have said? His mind began to race, retracing everything that Max had said to him, trying to find the source of ‘sinfulness’ that would’ve tainted such words. In all honesty, he couldn’t find anything. If anything, Max had been incredibly pleasant to him. He had introduced himself, had put up with not only Mary but with Matthew and Graham, and had given nothing but uplifting, positive comments. Like when they had been in the toilet just before, and he had complimented him on his legs -

Oh.
Oh.
Oh?

The frown upon his face began to melt away, and empathy smothered his complexion. He watched as his mother attempted to offer comfort to the teary-eyed boy and as Matthew continued on about the scriptures say blah blah blah. All Joshua could do was sit there and watch this slowly colliding train wreck before him. There would be only one reason someone would be crying over such scripture and apologising for saying another male had nice legs. In a way, it didn’t change who Max was in Joshua’s eyes. Max was still the same person that he had met just an hour prior.

Joshua's eyes widened in surprise as the said boy scooted back into his chair. He had been trapped in this ongoing war inside his mind; one he had been struggling with far before meeting Max. For years he had been wondering if all this was right. If this was really the way Jehovah would want his people to live. If this was the right way to interpret scripture, and if Jehovah loved everyone, why did they have to fit into this perfect mould? If Jehovah wanted them all to be the same, then why did he make everyone so different, to begin with?

Watching Max’s teary face, Joshua could feel his heart swell in size. It ached, looking at the face of the boy who was obviously in some sort of inward hurt. But as he looked at the other’s face, he noticed something. His tears… weren’t forming on his face. But rather… from above? Curiously, Joshua’s eyes trailed upwards and bingo bango, there it was; a dip. The Kingdom Hall had been built only within the last ten years. Surely it had been built with such a great structure that there would be no faults during a storm like this one?

It seemed like the workers had cut some corners.

Just as Joshua went to open his mouth to bring the drip to the attention of his mother and brother, the weather outside only grew in rage. The rain thrashed against the roof, and ultimately, the water only continued to splatter. The dip increased and showed no signs of stopping. “Ahh-” Joshua was unable to try and form words, shocked by the sudden turn of events, as he pointed towards the growing drip. He quickly stood from his chair and made his way to Max; taking hold of the boy’s arm and pulling him up and out of the seat. Just in time too, as the drip escalated to a flow, which only started to grow and grow. All the while, Joshua just stood in complete shock and awe - unsure of what to do next - with his fingers still wrapped around Max’s upper arm; as if unconsciously he was offering physical support to the boy. An anchor to the boat caught in a raging sea.

Thankfully, Matthew and Grace jumped into action; pushing the chairs out of the way before venturing off in search for a bucket or six to contain the water, followed by numerous members of the congregation who were willing to help. Joshua knew the storm had arrived when Max, Abby and Graham entered their Kingdom Hall. It was ongoing, raging and growing worse. But for this moment, he prayed that this was the calm in the middle. It was a place for the pair of them to stop and breathe, and to recoup before it all went crazy once more. And so, Joshua looked at Max with great empathy on his face. Fingers still wrapped around the boy’s arm; was he the anchor at this moment, or Max? He wasn’t sure; but he hoped it was bringing the same amount of comfort and support that it was bringing him right now. “You okay?” Joshua asked.

© weldherwings.

I-SPIT-AT-COPS

scroll

Ensnared by its unspoken rift, the weight of separation and exorcism of time lay stagnant between the last touch and the next. Phantasmal hollows lit alive with liquid gold, upheaving nostalgia-infused silt in its wake:

Ren had felt Love several times before.

An unattainable straight guy throughout highschool. A mangy stray dog who wanted to tear him limb from limb. A fruit-loaf he stole when he was eight. The simplistic joy of milk pudding. Harboured warm in the chest like a family recipe, made of stuff to keep and flood veins with hot ichor, he’d felt Love.

Especially when Teo held out money.

Iris melted out into soot dinner-plates, ogling at the substantial cash offered.

Mamma mia.

Salt of a martini dissolving to the sweet of a liqueur, any concerns of murder or skinned faces were lost in a sea of sugar. That glorious feeling; profit, that rush of delight to scourge and cleanse the rot of worry. A coat of relief shrugged over feather-light shoulders, Ren’s truest love had made an appearance:

Money.

“Is for me?” He’d whisper, barely tethered to the floor and rippling environment— now a tripled vision. Sprung alive and fully-formed, an infectious invasion to every inch of his being; how smitten Ren had become in monetary presence. With its arrival did unravel a sense of urgency, the atavistic urge to take, take, take.

Sniper-precise swipe of a hand, cash was snatched in klepto claws. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, smoothing edges of the prized paper as if to flood the pads of his fingers with warmth. Quelling the criminal itch with a flavour of fondness, the slow drag of rounded eyes to look at the blonde was the only warning.

How could Ren have been so rude? To mistake something haloed in divine light for a strange, lonesome creature? A holy lamb, of sorts.

A very generous, concerningly strange, holy lamb.

Taking a page from Teo’s book, more so shredding a chapter from its bindings, Ren had become affluent in energy. A leap, Benjamin Franklin a witness to his attack on the blonde. Face grabbed and a kiss on the forehead for the charity, money for a good cause.

“I love this guy,” Ren shared conversationally, shaking the bills in his hand. “Benny, he’s my favorite. Second to you,” light smack of the cash against Teo’s nose, “of course.”

This blonde was his new best-friend.

For the next 24 hours.

Body weighted nothing, thoughts firing like dominos, Ren spun on the heel of his shoe to face the wet debris once more.

“I can see it now, you’re gonna have the most harmonious house.” A hand swished vivacious over the gaping ceiling, excited and fighting valiantly to stay upright. “With a chandelier! Right there! Hanging with Swarovski crystals and chains of-” hunger pooled his mouth, twitching to his fingers, “twenty-four karat gold.” Teeth worried his lower lip, curled into a grin so malevolent it could be easy to assume world domination was within his grasp. “Melon will love it.”

Not that Melon or Teo were ever going to get that chandelier.

Or a roof, for that matter.

Lulled in ambition and unbalanced gravity, the vision, dream, of opulence had Ren’s thoughts escaping quick as sand. Smiling vacantly, eyes distanced with a voice to match.

“Shiny,” hummed to apartment air. “The most shiny.”

Did he feel guilty for extorting money from a seemingly nice person? It was a conflict too dangerous for Ren to linger on, lest he produce some disgusting things called morals.

“So!” Folding the cash away to the inner pocket of his jacket (with some confused fumbling) signalled oncoming departure. “Me and Benjamin Franklin will be going. Lots to do, roof stuff, chandelier things. I’ll be in contact.”

Gaze lingering on the heavens spilling into the room, the idea of going back into the hurricane was unsavoury, yet with a newly found donation, Ren would find it tolerable.

“Hope your wives won’t be mad about this.” As for how Teo was going to get on? Ren could only have faith he wouldn’t get himself killed.

What a strange fever-dream this had been.

Ancient and vicious, luscious as dark velvet

it blooms in you, a poppy made of ink.

#mONEy? #PURR #MEEEOOOW RAR #FAREWELL BESTIE

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back