• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Cities Never Sleep

Characters
Here
Other
Here
1661640626146.png

Lilly Wainright

"Well ma'am you shouldn't have brought your newborn baby into a haunted house." Lilly said to the disgruntled woman in front of her. The idiot went into the haunted house with her older children, newborn babe attached to her chest via baby...harness...thing. Straight white people shit. Of course her baby woke up, haunted houses were loud, and scary. That was the point.

"Your manager is going to hear about this! Kiss goodbye to your job!" the woman huffed and walked off down the street after her tweens. Joke was on her, Lilly was the manager. Sighing after such an ordeal, Lilly took a moment to take in the cool evening. Nearby, there was a teen boy dressed as a pirate talking with one of the volunteers. When she looked closer she could see the glint of metal shining off his hand in the dim light. What a realistic looking hook. That must have cost some real big money.

She overheard him talking about how he wished he had booked a gig working the haunted house. Lilly felt bad, perhaps the flyers she had sent out to the high schools weren't properly distributed? Wouldn't be the first time. Or maybe people saw the words "funeral home" and ran.

"You're interested in volunteering?" Lilly approached the boy. "Are you just interested in the haunted house? Or are you interested in volunteering at the funeral home in general?" There were some boring menial tasks that came with the job that Lilly would be willing to dole out for community service. Hell, if the kid wanted to (and he wasn't a dick) she would show him the cadavers. "I could always use more help with the stuff not actually involving dead bodies if you're interested!" She held out a hand. "I'm Lilly, I own the place."

Interactions: Alex ( Chimney Swift Chimney Swift )​

darwin

really just a sensitive artist

Halloween was the designated holiday for goths. There's some old Insane Clown Posse track about how you can go out on Halloween looking like as much of a weird freak as you want and nobody will question it, and it's not only true for rapping murder clowns. It's also true for Darwin Hooper, who did some menial work for this funeral home anyway -- and looked the part, to boot. People often whispered that he was the exact kind of person you'd expect to see taking out the trash at a morgue. But really, this haunted house job was more up his alley. The smell of embalming fluid usually made him sick, he just didn't bother to say anything.

So there he was, decked out in his Hellraiser best. He'd spent genuine hours sticking down his make-up and getting the outfit ready, even though it was purchased online it didn't look quite right so he had to make some adjustments here and there. He could've just gotten a latex Pinhead mask, but it felt cheap if nobody could see his mouth move, so he managed to get a bald cap over his hair and made it work. He looked pretty damn good, all things considered.

The room set-up was clearly on a budget. It became obvious at the last minute that Pinhead isn't really a "haunted house" kind of character for two reasons. One: The original Hellraiser film was never really meant for jumpscares, for cheap shock. It's less to make you scream and more to make you squirm. Two: Pinhead is an androgynous S&M demon and if Darwin were to REALLY go all-out on the scenery then he probably would be too young to be working on it. Not to mention that the concept he had of realistic nude bodies hanging from meathooks was WAY out of the budget, so he had to just settle for the hooks themselves, and repurposed one of the many corpse-slabs into a torture table. Just there as like, a threat.

Still, he was having a good time. This was really the only time of the year where he had some power, where people were afraid of him and not the other way around. He hissed at girls about his age who never looked twice at him and made them scream like babies. Threatened one boy with a hook in his genitals, which made him grimace.

Then Alex came along.

Nothing wrong with Alex. He was actually really nice, the two of them were sort of lumped together for being disabled, but like, not the kind of disability that requires you to use ASL, which was a completely different group of disabled Joplin kids that got lumped together. And they didn't get lumped in with the autistics, either, though Darwin may have been on the spectrum -- maybe Alex was too. But Alex was the one-armed wonder, and Darwin was the anemic anxious vomiter who couldn't play sports.

So it shouldn't have come as a surprise when Alex peered right through the thick layer of pale blue cream make-up and walked towards him saying all sorts of words.

"Can I have a guided tour?"

Darwin froze, looking around a bit. He supposed his section of the house would survive without its keeper for a few minutes. Moreso he was worried Miss Wainwright would catch him abandoning his post to go gallivanting with a friend. And he barely even had a moment to answer before Miss Wainwright was descending upon them, under the impression that Alex had asked about a job, even though he hadn't. He tried to blink in morse code, but it was way too dark.

Dash-dash-dot, dash dash dash, dot dash, dash dot dot dash, dot dash, dash dot dash dash.

Nothing doing.

"Um, I was about to..." He couldn't well raise her voice at her, but... Oh, and there are a few more customers. "I'm- you're-" They passed by before Darwin could finish his stammered-out threat. This is turning into a nightmare. "Yessss Miss Wainwright that's a wonderful idea, why don't I show him around?" Hopefully this would work. If nothing else, he wanted that money.

♡coded by uxie♡

may gu

heavy metal high school girl

Abigail had kind eyes. Maybe that was a weird thing to say about someone? But she had awfully kind eyes, like, the way someone looks at you while putting a band-aid on your knee. May wouldn't mind being her friend. Josh she was less certain about -- she'd heard he was one of a strict family of Jehovah's Witnesses, but if he was all that committed to it, he probably wouldn't be at a Halloween party. Not like she thought he was some snobby prude, moreso she was just a bit nervous about being judged by him. As soon as she entered, he asked Abigail to talk outside, which made May a little nervous. Maybe he'd somehow peeped the nightmare pope costume she was carrying?

Still, Max was here. She never really resented him for not being at the play, if only because she got out of there with her limbs still attached and her guitar didn't get busted up at all. She immediately waved at him with both of her hands, a pretty standard May greeting.

"Hi! I'm glad to be here." She sat down, resting her legs after the brisk walk over. "You know, I've never really been to a party before. Except the one at that beach cave, I guess. But this is at a house, so it's probably gonna be different." She didn't really know whose house this party would be taking place in. As far as she was aware, almost everybody in their school was coming to this shindig, so it might be so crowded that she just never sees the house's owner.

(Which would be a good thing, knowing what we know. This, friends, is what we call 'dramatic irony'.)

"I like Halloween. I know some adults don't, but God help me if I ever turn out that boring."

If nothing else, her and Max could have secret conversations in the corner of the party without anybody knowing what they were up to, which is something she would've definitely done with Kandi if they ever got invited to any parties.

♡coded by uxie♡

OCTOBER 31ST.

Basking in the victory of a reaction, anger had settled upon Aurelian like a jolt of atavism. Frustration visible, only deepened at the sound of their words.

“What the fuck did you do that for?”

It was always a sight, watching someone unravel into the grip of unadulterated emotion. Physically and mentally, the target had been hit, and the emblem grin now unfurling across Rat’s features left much to be desired in terms of regret.

Halloween had become so much more interesting in the past sixty seconds.

“Bullseye,” the jester would chime, several frantic nods to jingle the obnoxious hat in agreement. “Ya it be, it do be done.” Having to be near Rat was bad enough, but to speak with them— well, that’s just terrible luck.

A shove was almost enough to steal breath from the hollows of the rodent’s chest. Aggressive, a vertical drop to the passive waters they’d prior mellowed in. Deeming the hostile stranger too close for comfort— or physical wellbeing, the jester would take a careful step back. The impression of a cessation, a withdrawal from flame to avoid a burn, all but a ruse. For Aurelian had made a fatal mistake.

Engaging with Rat to begin with.

Everyone knows not to poke the Rat.

A gasp stole up his throat, knuckles held to forehead and paired with a dramatic swoon. “First a greedy little grope, then pet-names?!” Catching balance at the last moment, the teetering figure weaved behind a drunk passerby as a temporary barrier. "Knews we had somethin'! Could feels it in them Wreck-It-Ralph hands!"

Aurelian had proven no stranger to vehemence, leaving Rat on mild wariness when it came to punching range.

“But Mozzy,” they’d continue to throw mockery over their heads, wearing theatrical concern like a second skin. “Whats about marriage first? Ratalie is too much a youngin’ for such salacious behaviours! Wah!” They’d wail, casting a yearning look into the distance. “And what wills Mommy Rodent think of this?! Sweets Ratrick, victim to a grubby cougar!”

Pale fingers, talonlike in their steal, plucked a glass of alcohol. Swished its contents with contemplation and raised it near his mouth, not to drink, only to give proper honour to their communion.

“Needs a toast to our wedlock, ya we do!”

So for the second time that night, projectiles. Emptying the drink at Aurelian.

Blessed be our nuptials.

now playing...

GREATEST SHOW UNEARTHED

CREATURE FEATURE

♡coded by uxie♡

gay nerd
mood
flustered.
Max Berkowitz

"You could never be boring, May." Max reassured his friend, before Abby ushered her away to change into their costumes. He couldn't wait to see what the girls had picked out. Foolishly he assumed that May would likely be dressing up as something cute and harmless, like a unicorn or a fairy or a bottle of hot sauce… and Abby he had no idea. They'd never done Halloween together before.

Already he was slightly starting to regret Ludwig Van Beethoven.

Someone would probably think it was... never mind.

"So uh… I'm pretty excited for this. I worked really hard on this costume." He explained to Josh, once the two groups of teens had separated, leaving the boys once again alone together. "I mean, maybe it's pretty tacky actually… I mean, you'll see, but… Ah– !! Oh…"

By the time Max had turned around with his costume, Josh's shirt was already unbuttoned on the ground, exposing his smooth shoulders. He was beautiful; more beautiful than a preacher's son had any right or reason to be. To say he looked like a model would be selling him short… he had an ethereal quality to his appearance that Max hadn't noticed before: smooth, delicate, but well-sculpted as if formed from marble.

The younger boy instantly turned red. He felt his heart drop into his stomach, filling him with nauseating butterflies. He tried to look away, to cover his eyes, but he couldn't…

He couldn't take his eyes away from Josh.

Hell wasn't a figment of Max's religion, but if eternal suffering at the hands of God was something that was being made as a punishment, Max was sure that he would be cast into the fires just for looking so lecherously at his male friend.

He curled his hand to his chest, "I'm so sorry."

Yes, he deserved to be thrown into hell for this.
coded by natasha.

joshua jones

The laughter that filled the air was bittersweet. It flowed like honey, and satisfied his sweet tooth as it fell upon his ears. Her face was afire with such joy and entertainment, so contagious that even there was a slight fear in the pits of his gut, a smile began to creep upon his own face. But while her laughter was scented with daisies and outshone the morning sunshine, there was still that deep rooted fear that she was laughing not just at him, but rather at him for being pathetic. For being sheltered, and for not being like any other normal eighteen year old at their school. So, while the smile formed on his face, there was still an essence of nervousness lingering.

You’re actually adorable

Laughter was replaced by apologies and a confession that he was adorable. He had to struggle to listen to what she was saying afterwards, because the word was circulating in his mind over and over again; Adorable. His ear lobes were on fire, and he swallowed thickly, hoping it would calm them down. “Oh, okay” he responded, nodding his head slowly, offering her a shy smile. She then linked her pinky around his, and he would’ve sworn in that moment he could’ve died a happy man.

She thinks I’m adorable.

Strutting on cloud nine, Joshua followed Abigail back into the room once more and placed the mask upon the dresser table, ensuring it would be safe while they were getting ready. There it was announced that Joshua and Max could get ready in that said room while May and Abigail ventured to her room. With the girls gone and the doors locked, Joshua’s brain was set into autopilot while echoing those very words; You’re actually adorable. He pulled off his jumper, his shirt sticking to it in the progress, and allowed it to land upon the floor near him. Adorable. He had been so lost in his thoughts that he wouldn’t have even notice if a pair of eyes were gawking at his torso. He proceeded to slip off his shoes, shifting them next to the jumper and shirt upon the floor.

In all honesty, he had grown up his whole life sharing a bedroom with his four older brothers. He had lived a life where getting changed in front of another male was considered normal. Most of the boys in their household would’ve slept naked if they had the opportunity to (but their mother forbid it after Simon, at the age of eleven, made a mess on his sheets after not wiping properly.) And with school, within the change lockers for sports, barely anyone used the toilets to get changed. So, it never crossed his mind that someone of the same sex would ever feel uncomfortable about someone getting changed in front of them.

Adorable

His fingers were meddling with his belt when he heard Max’s voice start to speak only to come to a drastic halt. Curiously, he turned his attention from the belt to look at the boy who had gone scarlet in the face. Max was apologising; but why? He had this look upon his face like he had done something so unthinkable. “Sorry for what?” Joshua questioned him, using his hands to quickly sign before finishing off with the belt. As he unhooked them, he then unbuttoned his jeans and lifted his first leg out. With the other, he lifted the pair of jeans up towards himself so he could catch it.

Joshua Jones now stood in before Max in nothing more than his socks and black boxer briefs.

All the while, not a thought fluttering through his mind that this would be some what inappropriate or uncomfortable for Max because… it’s what men did, wasn’t it? He folded the jeans within his hands before hooking them over his arm. And then, he wondered. Adorable. Like the mask, had he really been raised to understand the phrase appropriately? Or was adorable by some chance a slang that he just didn’t understand these days? So, he turned to Max once more and gathered the boy’s attention with a small wave before speaking. “I was wondering…” he paused for a moment, dropping his folded jeans upon the rest of his clothing he had settled upon the ground. “If someone says you’re adorable… that’s a good thing, right? They’re not trying to be mean or anything?

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

gay nerd
mood
flustered.
Max Berkowitz

Josh seemed unperturbed by Max's obvious flustered state, and continued to calmly remove his clothing. By the time Josh's jeans hit the floor, Max was nearly trembling. He certainly couldn't take his own clothes off now, without revealing even more… sensitive information.

He was right about one thing, though, back at the church:

Josh really did have nice legs.

Weeks of feverish dreams were suddenly cemented in reality. If anything, they were better than he had imagined. Far better. Was it wrong to think of Josh this way, knowing how the Jones family felt about those kinds of people?

Of course it was. It was honestly disgusting of Max to lust over his friend. He should just…

Max was snapped out of his spiral of self-loathing by Josh waving his hand in his periphery, trying to recapture his attention. Max blushed and nodded, trying not to stare too longingly at Josh's starkly unclothed attributes.

"If someone says you’re adorable… that’s a good thing, right? They’re not trying to be mean or anything?”

What did Josh mean? Was this from a conversation Josh had recently with someone else? Was this something Graham said to him in the hospital, perhaps? Or maybe…

"Adorable? Like… cute?" Max modified the sign for the word, trying to clarify its meaning. "I mean, I guess it's a compliment, right? I mean, I think you're adorable–"

Shit.
Max immediately regretted being so shamefully forward.

"I mean, uh… I don't not think you're… uh… never mind. I'm changing in the bathroom."

coded by natasha.

joshua jones

-I think you’ve adorable

Joshua unintentionally allowed his face to drop into a somewhat frown. It wasn’t a complete one, but enough for his brows to furrow slightly. So, if Max thought he was adorable, maybe it was a generic word that one could use? Had he been reading too much into Abigail’s words? Had she been claiming that he was adorable - or as Max had even questioned, cute - because they were friends? Or had there been some sort of deep dark undertone to it all? What exactly was he missing from this equation and why was it so hard to get a grasp to find the correct answer? Year of being sheltered and being strayed away from a normal teenage life seemed to have proven a lack in social skills and innuendos than he had first thought. But being around Max and Abigail was very much so opening his eyes to the things he never realised before.

Speaking of Max… it was like something had spooked the poor boy. The burrowed brow lifted to a confused complexion as he began to splatter over his words before finally announcing that he was going to go to the bathroom. “Oh, okay?” Joshua responded, nodding as he did so. Had he offended Max in some way? Or maybe the poor boy just needed to use the toilet? You’re over thinking everything again he thought to himself as Max made an exit for that said bathroom. If you keep on doing that, then you’re not going to have any f-

He had to stop himself right there. Friends was the word he had been thinking. But it was one of those words. Those forbidden words. Had his parents heard him utter such a phrase, they would’ve kept him locked up in the house for the rest of his life. Another wave of guilt flooded his body as he made his way over to his suit bag. All this lying to his parents… surely Jehovah would be okay with it all? It wasn’t like he was killing someone or robbing a bank. He was just… feeling free for the first time in his life. Was that honestly a crime that would stop him from entering the Holy of Holies when his life came to an end?

Unzipping his bag, he was thankful to see that Mary had picked out his clothes for him; she had even placed a pair of his good shoes into the bottom of the bag, along with dress socks. Something that he had realised he would’ve plain forgotten had he picked it out himself. He made a mental note to somehow find a way to repay his sister’s kind gestures (after all, she seemed to be limited in them). And so, he didn’t waste any more time. The suit, despite having not worn it for a number of years, still fit quite nicely. Some areas were tighter than others, but that was just the outcome of his teen body filling out over the years. It would do for tonight, at least.

His mind fluttered back to the day of the Great Bible Study; how his father had been enraged that Joshua’s pants had become wet from the heavy rain and essentially gripped to his frame. How he had been forced to stand beneath the hand dryer in the bathroom for almost up to an hour, in hope that his pants would dry out in time for the study. Glancing down at the suit paints he currently wore right now, he wondered what his parents would say if they saw him tonight. In all honesty, his pants weren’t tight, but rather they were borderline snug fitting. Suppose there was no real reason to invest in a new one, considering the next wedding he would attend would probably be his own; if that was ever to happen.

© weldherwings.

abigail hargreaves

Once the two girls entered Abigail's room, she closed the door behind them and proceeded to walk towards the closet to grab her costume for the night, she had been thinking of this party ever since she heard of it last week. There was no way that Abigail was passing up an opportunity to dress in a way she typically doesn't and getting plastered.

Retrieving the pieces required, she carefully lays them on the bed and begins to change. Tossing her sweater onto the floor next to her feet, she looks up and notices that May looks... uncomfortable. Abigail begins to speak up, about to ask the younger girl if everything was okay when she realized that maybe she just didn't feel close enough with the older girl to change in the same room.

Quickly turning around, she speaks up, "I'm sorry about that. I didn't really think of asking if you were okay with changing in the same room." Slipping on the dress, she turns back around, grabbing up the remainder of her costume, "I'll finish getting ready in the bathroom and let you do your thing in here." A reassuring grin appears on her face.

Just as she was picking up her phone to take with her, she noticed that she had received a text message from someone, the number wasn't saved in her phone, so curiosity got the best of the blonde. Unlocking it, and opening the messages app, the words were revealed on the screen,

310-426-9537
wyd tonite?
it's kaleb btw

Abigail became slightly flustered, she hadn't heard from her ex since he abandoned her last year, and all she knew was that he had moved to LA within the last few months. Without a second thought, she tosses the unlocked phone back onto the bed and walked towards the bathroom, there was no way she was responding to his messages after what he had put her through.

© weldherwings.

may gu

(TW: teenage girl body hatred which is unfortunate but standard)

May's face must've flushed a bit when she saw Abigail undressing. Now she must've seemed like the prude, covering her chest and biting her lip and trying to find something to hide behind so she could change without being seen.

Abigail looked a lot prettier than her. Better legs. Better stomach.

May wasn't ugly, she knew that much, but she also wasn't very good-looking. If she didn't bleach her hair, she'd be awfully forgettable. Thankfully there wasn't a tall mirror for her to use, or else she'd be standing there poking and prodding at herself like a girl in a movie. Her mom always said that anyone would be blessed to have a daughter so gorgeous as little May, but really, all mothers are supposed to say things like that.

Abigail had a nice mouth, and she was taller, but not too tall. Not scary-tall and scary-perfect like Mallory, just the perfect amount of perfect.

Is that a weird thing to say?

It didn't end up mattering, because Abigail made a frustrated face at her phone and left the room. May was deeply tempted to look over and see what had prompted such an expression, but she didn't want to intrude -- clearly she'd already made Abigail uncomfortable, and didn't want to make things even worse between them.

She slid into her long robes that hid all the lumps and bumps on her body and, not wanting to bother Abigail in her own bathroom, she did her facepaint using her phone camera. This was a long and arduous process, she was devoted to pinpoint accuracy, and she at least hoped nobody would mind waiting for her to complete her look. God forbid she get yelled at to hurry up after bothering so many people already.

♡coded by uxie♡

1667430317529.png

Cassidy Carpenter
So Cassidy had gotten the name of the girl throwing the party wrong. Ooops! She still knew the right location though, some other girl named Mallory. Cassidy had a class with Abby, but not Mallory. She must have heard Abby talking about the party and assumed. No way she was telling Zach that though. He could NEVER knew she had made a mistake.

They approached the house and Cassidy put her hands on her hips and whistled. "Wow, this bitch is RICH!" A woman trick or treating with her children nearby gasped and cusped her hands over her toddlers ears. Pfft, as if that would do anything.

The house before them was large, and nice. Perfect middle class American home. Before they had moved to Joplin, Cassidy had lived in a nice house. Not as nice as this one, but nice enough that she had her own space, with a game room and bar in the basement. Dad had a really nice job. But...he left them. Cassidy swallowed back the feelings of anger she felt towards Dad and strode towards the front doors.

Zach followed behind her, his steps heavy with that teenage angst he just radiated. Before they went over the threshold, Cassidy stopped and addressed her brother. "Absolutely, under no circumstances, do I want you to near me tonight. Go off and lose your virginity to their electric socket or something, but leave me the fuck alone." She didn't wait for him to respond before she opened the door and entered.

The atmosphere was exactly what Cassidy had been missing since moving to Joplin. The smell of bodies and alcohol, deep heavy bass music, and the sound of somebody puking nearby. This was the peak of teenage living right here. Over towards one wall she spied a table of refreshments. She scooped some punch into a plastic cup and took a gulp. Oh fuck yeah, it was already spiked. Cassidy chugged the rest of the cup and tossed it over her shoulder, not caring who she hit. There were already some people dancing nearby.

Cassidy pushed her way onto the floor and began dancing towards one person in particular. She couldn't see his face due to the Darth Vader mask he wore, but she just knew he had to be hot. Like, he was tall. Tall people were hot right? Cassidy sidled up alongside him and began swiveling and gyrating in a manner she hoped he found attractive.

"Oh are you my daddy?" She asked, looking up at him through her lashes. "I would let you force choke me."
Interactions: Zachary, Random NPC​

1667428972927.png

Zachary Carpenter
No, Zach didn't think sticking his dick in an electric socket would be the best way to spend the night. Although he was sure Cassidy would love to see him electrocute himself in such a manner.

The party was crowded, and loud. Something Zach did not enjoy. He had been to a party once before, back in Colorado. He had spent the whole night in the guest room petting the owners cat while the music shook the houses foundation. Although he had never been diagnosed with anxiety, he was pretty sure he had it. And he was pretty sure parties didn't help with it.

Zach just stood there, hands in pockets. What did he do now? He watched his sister grind up against some guy dressed as Darth Vader. Although Cassidy would never let anyone know it, she secretly loved Star Wars. It had been something they had in common growing up. They would run around in the backyard with sticks pretending to be Leia and Luke, saving the galaxy one planet at a time.

Zach found a less crowded spot in a corner and chose to stand there, watching. This Abby girl (Zach did not know his sister's mistake) sure knew how to decorate for a party. Shame most of these people were probably too intoxicated to appreciate it. Sliding down against the wall, Zach sat on the floor and folded his knee's into his chest. Oh, how he wished this party had a cat for him to spend time with. Off to his right, he saw a girl dressed in a revealing and skin tight cat suite smoking a really fat joint. What a prime example of the monkey's paw, that was not the type of cat he had been wishing for.

Interactions: N/A​

abigail hargreaves

It didn't take long for Abigail to be finished getting ready, she had essentially rushed herself into the finishing touches of her outfit so as to not miss the peak of the party. There was no way that she was going to be late for such an event that only happens once a year, that would be awful.

Retreating from the bathroom in her room, she revealed May looking at her reflection in her phone, applying makeup. Did Abigail know who or what she was supposed to be? Hell no, but that didn't stop her from saying something, "You look awesome!" A big smile appeared on her face once again, as she walked towards her vanity, doing one last check.

"If you're not done yet, take your time, I'm gonna check on the boys real quick." Heading towards her door, she opens it and makes her way back to the room where the boys were getting dressed in. Once she was standing in front of the guest room, she knocks, "Are y'all ready?" A soft-spoken voice comes from where she was standing.

With no response coming from the room, she decides to just walk in. Carefully opening the door, revealing a room where only Josh stood, Max must've gone to the restroom or something. Abigail noticed that the boy was struggling with his bowtie, and this resulted in a slight giggle from the girl, she thought he would've known how to do such a thing based on the household he was raised in.

Stepping forward with no second thoughts, her hands raised up towards his neck, grabbing hold of the fabric that was draped around his shoulders. Carefully, she began tying, with each loop done with calculation, trying to remember each step that she saw her father do. "There, you're all done." She stepped back and held his shoulders, giving him a good look up and down.

"You look great!" Once more, the girl had a smile on her face, it probably wouldn't leave her face at all that night. Everything was falling into place, aside from the text, but that wasn't going to prevent her from having an amazing night with her friends.

© weldherwings.

the dweeb
mood
indignant.
Alex Cappelletti.

The funeral home owner's offer was tempting, but somehow ominous. Alex didn't quote know how to feel about it. "Hmm…" He pondered, sticking out his lower lip as if in deep thought, "Let us check out the digs before I agree to anything big, y'know? I dunno if I'm ready to give up the unemployed life." The truth was that he was having second thoughts about working at this establishment, now that the owner was right in front of them: after all, the last time Alex was in a morgue, he was picking up his parents' corpses…

This place wasn't always fun and games, of course. The haunted house was sure to be a good time, but the business that usually operated within these 4 walls was a touch too close to human grief and suffering for Alex's liking. The last thing he wanted was to become some sensitive sniveling traumatized wreck, lose all the friends he'd made over the years, and bury himself in the artificial gloom of the funeral industry.

Alex Cappelletti had suddenly weaseled his way out of properly grieving for 4 years. He wasn’t about to start now.

"Here, hold my hand, dude," Alex extended his hook to Darwin, "We're doing this together. Guided tour, remember?"

And the two boys disappeared into the darkened depths of the funeral home, guided only by the dim lanterns and candles along the interior path.

This had better be as fun as it was cracked up to be, or Alex would come back later with 16 rolls of wet toilet paper for revenge.

coded by natasha.

joshua jones

Sliding on the jacket, he had come to his second last piece of item to place on; the bow tie.

A regular tie? Josh had no problems putting on after all these years after having to wear one practically every Sunday. He could quite possibly put one on while asleep, allowing his muscle memory to take over. But a bow tie? That was his Achilles heel. He had only ever worn one maybe three times in his lifetime, and every time his parents or brothers had been the one to do it for him. So, he stood before the mirror on the dresser, bow tie loosely around his neck and proceeding to struggle with putting it on.

A soft knock at the door had startled him slightly before hearing Abigail’s voice. In his household, they never really believed in knocking. In fact, for the most part, they had an open door policy. The only time it was closed was if someone was feeling unwell and wanted to get some rest during the day. Even at eighteen years old, Joshua still slept with the door slightly ajar for his parents to walk past at night to check up on him. So, when Abby made her way in, Joshua seemed unbothered by her entrance. But there was something that stopped him in his tracks; her costume.

He had forgotten how to breathe. The moment she walked into the room, he felt the wind being knocked out of him like a firm punch to the gut. No words could fall from his mouth, his jaw hanging ever so slightly, as he watched her approach him. Her hands coming around his neck, he felt every single hair on his body stand up straight. A shiver running through his spine as he gazed down to see what Abigail was doing. Oh. His bow tie. Whilst he tried to pay particular attention to her hands at work, he couldn’t help but let his eyes gradually wonder around the girl’s face as she was in deep concentration.

The way her eyelashes flickered as she blinked. Her sun-kissed skin looked so smooth to touch. Her perfect nose lead his eyes to land upon her plump, kissable lips. And finally, something that was completely unavoidable, Joshua’s eyes fell upon her chest that was pushed up and supported by the costume that she was wearing. Ear lobes and cheeks aflame, he could feel his heart rate start to escalate. A swirl of emotions went chaotic in his stomach, rising up before taking a plunge like an outrageous roller coaster ride.

There, you’re all done

Her hands moved from his neck to his shoulders as she took a good look of him up and down. Why did his mouth feel dry? Swallowing thickly, Joshua quickly snapped out of it and looked back at Abby’s face praying she didn’t see where his eyes had been previously. She threw him another compliment, saying he looked great, with that giant, contagious grin upon her face. A nervous, airy chuckle slipped past his lips, feeling his whole face burning up. “T-thank you” he stammered over his words, struggling to speak with limited saliva left. “And you… you look…” Like Abby had done, allowing herself to look Joshua up and down to check his outfit, Joshua did this same. Only this time, he avoided allowing his eyes to drink up a certain… area. “You look amazing” he finally let out, his voice airy and genuine, as he looked back up at her face. She honestly was so… beautiful.

Get together, Joshua. What would Jehovah say about this? You staring at her like that. Objectifying her.

Clearing his dry throat, he turned away from her touch to pick up the dress shoes that Mary had placed in the bottom of the suit bag. “Just need to put these on” he awkwardly mentioned to Abigail before venturing over to the couch and sitting down on it and starting to put his shoes on. “Do you uh… I mean… I’m assuming most of us are ready?” he commented, trying to put the utmost focus onto his shoes and his shoes alone as he slid them on.

© weldherwings.

OCTOBER 31ST.

The stare off - Giant versus Dragon, who will win.

Now normally, the idea of setting something on fire would send all kinds of alarm bells and terrifying thoughts of you’re backsliding don’t do it warnings through the giant’s head… But here was the thing.

He was drunk. And he wanted to have fun. Today was his cheat day, and he was excited!

“Fire” Said with the soft joy of an arsonist who was starved of the gentle heat of flames for far too long. “Yes.That would be awful. You should not do this”

Enthusiastic nodding and starry eyed wonder, however, said something else about what Auguste wanted.

Auguste helped the equally wobbly Ren to his feet. “Come, we go now. There are things to not set on fire!”

Oh, the start to an ill-fated adventure awaited them.

But breaking and entering would have to wait because a white flash completely derailed Auguste’s entire train of thought and he abandoned Ren to go look for his new best friend forever and ever.

Down an alley, he started whispering around, clicking his tongue as a small cat looked up.

“Mrrhp?” Said the cat.

“Hellooooooo” Said the human as he crouched down. The world was spinning. He slumped down on his side, face first as the cat started sniffing the collapsed human. He raised a hand and patted it on the head as the cat jumped onto Auguste’s side, purring, and started kneading his shoulder.

Auguste had won

now playing...

Movement

Hozier

♡coded by uxie♡

OCTOBER 31ST.

Aurelian growled as Rat started dancing away with him. The radioactive punk continuing to yammer on about whatever the fuck it was trying to talk to him about.

He shoved another fucking fruit out of his way as he continued on his warpath towards the creature, ignoring the very loud “hey what the fuck” that came from him as he continued storming ever closer to the jingling jester.

“Get. Your. Ass. Over here.” Came the snarl as he continued to shove and push the throng of people out of his way with a kind of harsh rage just boiling under the surface. There were people staring now. They were starting to haul their partners out of the way of the slowly growing storm that was brewing.

Oh, but the tunnel vision blinded him to the actions of his enemy, as he narrowed in like a bull about to charge.

A splash hit Aurelian in the face, and with a snarl he leapt at the pale animal, trying to bring it to the ground in order to have a more fair fight.

“I’m going to fucking KILL YOU” Came the roar of rage as he latched onto Rat, dragging the gangly fuck down to the ground, hand wrapped around the creature’s neck as he pulled his arm back to strike the bitch in his stupid face.

now playing...

Nightmare

Avenged Sevenfold

♡coded by uxie♡

peter

jagged little pill

Some sort of almighty racket was rising up over the din of the festivities. Pete heard something that he wasn't quite expecting -- discontent. Pete was startled from his rusty nail by someone being shoved unceremoniously into him with a hey what the fuck!

He turned. The queen looked at him.

"Not you, babe. Just some asshole."

"Huh?"

Pete stood, against his better judgement, and squeezed through the crowds with a number of excuse mes and pardon mes and what have you. Until he finally saw it. Two fellas, one a lot tinier than the other. They seemed to be having a domestic, and the bigger guy was about to throw a punch at the smaller. Pete's heart leapt into his throat. He ran over, grabbing the big guy's arm. Oh God, why was he doing this?

"Hey." He damn near choked on his own spit, he was so anxious. "I-I think you've, uh, you've had too much." He looked at the smaller man, who seemed more smug than anything, though what for, Pete had no idea. "I'm- I'm sure your..."

He tried to put the words together without panicking.

"Your boyfriend's got you upset. But that's no good reason to hit him or nothin', there's no reason you can't talk it out... Outside..." The gathering crowd of confused gays all seemed more than happy to have the two men be outside, so it seemed like the best move. "I'm s- I'm sure he still loves you." A patronizing awww came from the outskirts of the gathering, and Pete realized his hand was still on the big guy's arm. He quickly withdrew it.

"Suh- sorry."

♡coded by uxie♡

gay nerd
mood
nervous.
outfit
Max Berkowitz

Unable to bear being in the same room as Josh's bare legs, Max scurried out to the bathroom at the end of the hall and locked himself inside, sitting on the edge of the bathtub and burying his face in his hands. God, why couldn't he have just pretended not to notice!? Truly, Max had no idea why Josh continued to be his friend after all the awkward situations the 2 boys ended up in… it was as though Max just couldn't stop bringing attention to his own deviant sexuality. He really was an embarrassment.

In the safety and solace that Abby's bathroom provided, Max hurriedly changed out his street clothes for the elegant attire of Beethoven. Turning around to put his old clothes back into his school backpack, Max caught a flash of his own bright blue eyes in his reflection and froze, fingers delicately picking at the brocade sleeves as he anxiously scrutinized his reflection in the mirror, eyebrows furrowing in deep thought.

You look gay.

He tousled his hands through his hair, trying to capture the look of the troubled Classical composer a bit more accurately. It really was a great costume (his mother, who was a museum curator before she was a bartender at a strip club, helped sew it together), but it didn't quite suit Max, whose slight frame and weedy composition made the frills and embellishments look all the more noticeable. On him, everything looked foppish and silly.

Max couldn't hear Abby knocking on the door, of course, but he saw the note she passed under the door a few seconds later: "You ready?"

Shit. Now he was making them late, too.

"Oh, sorry–" He popped open the door already apologizing. "I'm ready to go when you guys are." He assured, offering a weak smile and 2 thumbs-up. Oy, vey, this was going to be a mess...

coded by natasha.

abigail hargreaves

After gathering Max and Joshua, Abigail made her way back toward her room to grab May so that the group could leave for Mallory's house for the party. She revealed that May had just finished with her makeup, and everything was timed out perfectly. With the group in tow, they all walk into the living room where Abigail's mom requested the bunch take photos together. "You guys look too cool not to!" Mary-Anne cheerfully states.

After the obligated mother photo shoot, the group was out of the house, walking down the road together. Passing by younger kids who were trick-or-treating, they were running them, with huge smiles on their faces, bags full of candy hitting their legs as they made their way to each house. It didn't take long before the four made it to Mallory's house.

Abigail opened the door, the sound of music could be heard down the street, so it was no surprise how loud it was when they entered the house, looking around, she noticed a table with snacks and punch. "Do you guys want something to drink?" Not bothering in speaking since she would've had to shout to be heard anyways.

Without hesitation, she walks over and pours a few cups, even if anyone in the group didn't want any, she would drink it. Returning back to the trio she had left for a moment, the red solo cups got divided up amongst them all. Abigail raises her glass in a cheers motion, and tips it back taking a sip, it had been a while since she had drunk, so the familiar burn was welcomed.

"You guys wanna dance?" She swings two fingers over her cup, since she lacked a free hand, and then pointed towards what seemed to be the area most people were hanging out. Taking a few steps towards the crowd, she looks back once more to see if anyone was following her.

© weldherwings.

mallory hawke

As more and more people hustled in through her front door, Mallory couldn't help but smile to herself behind the cup that was being lifted towards her face. She takes another sip, and just as she was about to walk to a different part of the event, someone came up to the table and started talking to her. Did she have a clue who this person was? Absolutely not. But then again, did she know half the people here? No.

"Great party, and love the outfit." A brunette dressed as a prisoner said to her, Mallory honestly hadn't noticed since she had her eyes focused on the guys and girls she found attractive. Focusing back on the girl in front of her, she sets her cup down to fill it up again, "Thanks, babes. Your costume is cool too." She takes a few sips of her drink, before snacking on some pretzels.

Looking at the time on her phone, she saw that it was coming close to 8 pm, she had plenty of games to play for the night, and with the number of attractive people in the house, the first on her list was Spin the Bottle, it seemed childish, but it was the easiest way for Mallory to figure out who she was interested in having stay over. There would be no way that she invites someone who is shitty at kissing.

Reaching underneath the table, she grabs an empty bottle that she had been saving for the game, "We're gonna play Spin-the-Bottle in a few minutes so if you could choose anyone that's either here or coming to kiss, tonight might be your night." A smirk appears on her face, hoping that Joshua Jones was coming, that way she could tell her friends she completed the task they had given her.

© weldherwings.

may gu

They were probably very nearly late due to the several minutes of detail painting May did on her own face. She bared her teeth in the mirror, looking like a real badass. Yeah, who needs to be pretty? She was Papa Emeritus II, and that man is far from pretty.

She finally appeared, pulling long, elegant robes behind her. As she expected, Josh barely understood the assignment (he's a masquerade man or something?) but everybody else looked pretty great. Max was supposed to be, uh... Which one is that? Is that Mozart? No, wait, of course it was Beethoven. He was deaf, it was a joke, a funny, stupid ass. Everyone else could probably already tell, May just didn't know anything about classical music. Abigail was some kind of sexy angel nun thing.

They headed out to the party, which was at the BIGGEST house May had ever seen. It had to have a hundred rooms in it. Who the hell even lived here? A queen? Or worse... a lawyer?

The inside was full of people and blaring music. If May were in charge of the playlist, it'd be nothing but Ghost, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Gwar, Kettle Cadaver, Polkadot Cadaver, some other third cadaver, all night for hours until the place was empty. Clearly whoever ran the place did not share her penchant for the works of Rob Zombie and Wednesday 13.

And that's fine, it isn't for everyone.

It's just really awkward being at a party and not knowing any of the songs.

Abby got them all drinks before May could even offer to get them herself. She shot a look in Max's direction, as if to say, maybe let's be slightly careful this time, before taking a sip from the cup. Whatever it was, it tasted slightly better than the stuff at the beach cave party. Possibly because it was intended to be consumed by teenagers.

"You guys wanna dance?"

May flushed slightly. She didn't know how. Thankfully, she had a layer of facepaint on to hide any blood rushing to her face. But before she could even answer, her thought process was interrupted yet again.

"We're gonna play Spin-the-Bottle in a few minutes so if you could choose anyone that's either here or coming to kiss, tonight might be your night."

She froze.

Oh God this was Mallory Hawke's house.

She never really brought up the extent of the trouble that went down back at the play, so it was likely that the other three had little to no idea what was running through May's mind. They didn't know that she almost got the shit kicked out of her like a stray dog on private property. But she didn't want to seem like a prude. She had to play. Absolutely had to. What could go wrong? Absolutely nothing could...

She took another sip of her drink. Is that cranberry? Yum.

"I can dance."

♡coded by uxie♡

joshua jones

The sound of the music blaring reverberated in his ears, thumping in his chest. This was a new sensation for the boy. Never had he been placed in such a position where the lights were down low, music was on top volume and loud enough to rumble the window screens, and people around were intentionally dancing the night away. He had only ever seen scenes like this in the videos his parents had shown him growing up, you know, like the hospital ones. Focusing on how everything can change in one night for the worse.

Overstimulated, he tried to gather his thoughts as he gazed through the mask provided by Abby as they trailed through the crow. Speaking of Abigail… She returned with cups filled with… lemonade? Well, Joshua had internally decided that he would only be consuming lemonade and water at this said event. The girl gestured cheers - to which Joshua awkwardly followed - before she took a long, hardy swing of her drink. Oh, she was going to get the gassy burps if she drank lemonade that quickly. Joshua took the cup to his lips and took an average sip, only to regret it immediately. What in the -. His face instantly frowned, and his lips turned downwards in disgust at the burning sensation that was going down his throat. This was not nice lemonade at all.

At the mention of dancing, Joshua gazed upon the crowded area of dancing people. Run was the first thing that popped into his head. Dancing? He had never done it before. Especially in a group just as big. “I’m going… to find a bathroom” he announced to the group, signing along the way. He excused himself, placing his cup on a nearby hallway table before embarking on his adventure to find the said bathroom. Once located, he took the quick pitstop to empty out his bladder before making his way out once more to search for the gang. He didn’t get far when he was stopped in his tracks by a familiar face. Kris Bullock. A son of one of the other elders within the Kingdom Hall. Instantly, anxiety-riddled Joshua’s body. Maybe he won’t recognise me? he prayed. But from the frozen stature Kris had taken, it was clear as day; he had seen Joshua.

Hey,” Kris called, waving his hand slowly. Well, it would be rude not to wave back, wouldn’t it? Slowly, Joshua raised his own and waved back towards the other male. Kris approached him, a container in his hands and a tense look on his face. Run that voice said against in his head. Kris stood before Joshua, and paused for a moment before flashing a smile upon his face. “Hey uhh… You uh… You won’t tell anyone I was here, right?” the older gentleman asked. Well, in fact, Joshua was extremely tempted to ask a twenty-four-year-old what exactly he was doing at a high schoolers' Halloween party. “I tell you what. You don’t tell anyone I was here and I’ll…” He opened up his container to reveal a stack of brownies within it “I’ll give you some super special brownies throughout the night. And if you crash, you can tell your folks that you were staying at my place for study

Why… why was he being so nice to him?

Joshua raised a brow, looking at Kris, to the brownies and back to Kris. The brownies sure as hell did look nice, though. “Sure…” Joshua slowly said, reaching in to take some slices for himself and the others. “But uh… You won’t tell my parents, will you? Or my brothers and sisters?

You’ve got my word. You scratch my back, and i’ll scratch yours

Joshua nodded, processing what Kris was saying before taking a bite of the baked item. His eyes widened slightly upon tasting the chocolatey goodness of it. “Good brownie” he mumbled through the crumbs. Once his mouth was free of the crumbs, he looked at Kris and nodded once more “Have a safe night” to which Kris responded with a ‘you too’ before turning at the heel and leaving Joshua to venture around once more. Dang, this brownie was too good. So good, actually, that he had finished his first one after a couple of bites and was already onto slice number two.

© weldherwings.

mallory hawke

Scanning through the crowd of people who had shown up to her party, Mallory had her eye out for one person, in particular, someone who typically wouldn't be in a place like this. Much to her dismay, she couldn't find him, she let out a huff and crossed her arms, moving her eyes across the sea of bodies in her living room, hoping that maybe she just overlooked him, because she could've sworn she had seen him come in.

At one point, she noticed two guys speaking with each other not far from the bathroom. Squinting her eyes, trying to recognize the two strangers conversating, the masquerade mask one of them was wearing threw her off initially, but it clicked in her mind who exactly it was.

The Prey.

Joshua Jones.

Pouring more punch into her cup and grabbing a second, she struts over to the boy who was now left alone. "Hey! It's so good to see you spreading your horizons. You're turning into such a bad boy." Mallory lightly taps his shoulder in a joking manner, she adjusts her posture to allow more cleavage to show, hoping that such an act would catch the innocent boy's attention.

Handing him the second cup that she brought with her, she adjust the way that she was standing, it gave Josh nowhere to run, so he was in the perfect position for the girl to have his attention, without anyone interrupting her plan, get him to want to kiss her. "So... I'm about to set up spin-the-bottle, Mallory seductively twirled her hair, while continuing, "If you sit diagonal from me, we could totally get the bottle to land for us to kiss."

There was no beating around the bush for the girl, she was being straight up with the boy, but failed to mention that she didn't actually want to kiss him, she just wanted to prove to her friends that she could get to the most unavailable guy in school. Without a doubt, her plan should go off with a hitch if she can weigh the bottle properly.

© weldherwings.

Raevlyn
Darrow
Take me to space~
https:///www.raevlyn-darrow.com
/sugarinspace

Raevlyn woke up more excited than ever, especially considering they'd decided to attend a high school house party, the breeding ground of the students' worst anxieties and deepest insecurities. But nothing in the world could ruin Halloween for the little artist, who'd spent the past month working painstakingly on their custom clown costume, and today, it was finally time to show it off. They'd dedicated almost two hours of their day already to painting their face with white face paint and shiny pink designs, including a bright, pink nose and two hearts on their cheeks. They finished the look with big, black eye contacts, giving themself a slightly demonic clown look, and a bobbed orange wig. Finally, they were able to pull on the four-piece costume, consisting of a black tutu dress with a stripy orange corset dress with the big, signature, fluffy poms. They topped it off with long, orange, stripy thigh-highs, orange pom ankle, and wristlets. They had designed a similar costume for Saturn, a pointy orange pom hat and harness that matched their own costume. The student slid across the hardwood floors of their apartment and looked over themself and their companion in the mirror, nodding in self-approval and brimming with excitement.
The freshly ginger teen emerged from their room in an air of excellence, the drugs and drinks they'd consumed already getting to work, as they came face to face with their adopted parents, who were dressed as a pair of vampires, as if the two couldn't have gotten more basic, which they almost were until their dutiful child talked them out of their ill-conceived witch costumes.
"Hi sweetheart, I'm off to work, but da is gonna be home all night to hand out candy." Raven nodded with feigned interest as they shoveled the edible vegan brownies they'd made into a large plastic bag and shoved them in their big leather backpack.
"Cool, probs gonna be out all night but I'll keep you guys updated," They gave the two a reassuring smile to combat their doubtful faces, they knew Ravens struggles and they always worried, much to Raven's displeasure, though how could they complain about having parents who cared for once?
"Ya betta'" Her dad grumbled and earned a hard-core eye roll, former warm thoughts brushed away as they muttered a distant response and bounced back to their room.
As they time dwindled past sunset, they pulled on their chunky, heeled faux leather boots and clipped on Saturn's orange leash, they had leashes in every color to match any outfit. They took a simple moment at their alter to thank their gods for their support and their ability to live their life so freely, before ushering themself and their big dog to the front door, grasping their clown-themed skateboard and running out in a flurry of Goodbye, I love you, Ill be safe, an empty promise they couldn't guarantee knowing they were headed to the house of Mallory Hawke, one of the meanest bitches in school. Raven hated mean girls with a burning passion, so much so that they had a rather successful TikTok series on how to overcome mean girls.
The ride there was easy, Saturn running along with the skateboard as always, the smart puppy always keeping perfect pace, and as they approached the house, or mansion, or castle, or whatever the fuck this monstrous building where people lived would be called, they almost stumbled up to the door, stuck gazing in awe at the building, bigger than any foster home they'd been in but no doubt housing way too little people. They grasped their skateboard tightly in one hand and their vape tightly in the other, taking rapid hits off the flavorful device. They found a coat closet by the door and tucked their skateboard away, confident that it'd be much safer in this large house full of way better things to steal than it even was at home, and found their way to the party, drifting almost autonomously over to the smell of booze and pouring themself some curious fruity drink. They still couldn't shake away their awestruck face as they glanced around the big, packed room, full of vaguely familiar faces, until one that they were almost surprised to see here, considering their obviously less than kind relationship with the host, no fault of their own of course. The ginger made their way through the crowd, bouncing off warm bodies, Saturn pushing past confused faces as they felt furry skin brush their legs, before finding themself in front of the small, silver-haired girl.
"Hey May! Just wanted to, uh, see how you were doing after, y'know, the play and everything..." They trailed off nervously, rubbing their arm anxiously, but easily masking with a soft smile.
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back