• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Citadel in the Storm (Looking for players)

Avouleance

Studying to better see and share the beauty
Citadel in the Storm (Politics Rp)

Elevator pitch-

In a preindustrial world the land is divided between many small regional powers many centuries old, but recently a new city has sprung up its leader the Iron Lion is a genius when it comes to engineering having learnt to use the power of steam and steel. However he’s otherwise inexperienced so made deals with other powers, each neighbouring nation would send 1 or 2 of its people to sit on the city’s council and given a small slice of the cities faction pie. You play as these council members using your faction's power and personal influence to help run the city both inside and outside its walls, but no one is all powerful so you’ll also have to negotiate and vote on issues with other council members.

Setting wise I want things to be fairly realistic so it’s humans and no magic. Any more information is really up to what players bring to the table, cities can’t be industrial but other than that I’m open to creative ideas.

Character sheet

Name (Including any titles)-

Age-

Sex-

Appearance-

Home- Tell us about the nation you come from, you won’t be able to directly control them but I’ll use elements I like to inform the games story and setting so it’s its interesting and balanced expect your ideas to show up.

History- Tell us you’re story, the experiences that shaped you as a person and the events that lead you to this position in life.

Faction- Tell us about the people you lead, what are they like and what are they capable of and how they came to be in the city? Note that most people in your faction won’t be natives to your home state, the Iron Lion isn’t that dumb, they’ll be loyal to the city first but they respect you as well.

Personal power- Something you can do related to your guild but without requiring other people, examples include the ability to invest in a local business or negotiate prices if you’re in charge of merchants.

Faction power- Something you can order your men to do, for example having spies spy on someone or instructing workers to build special things for you.

Example Character-

Name (Including any titles)- F. Lerronix The Iron Lion

Age- 56

Sex- Male

Appearance- Slightly hunched and red in most places with a greying beard billowing out from various face places. He wears a suit a size or two too thin with a top hat and spectacles.

Home- Far away and long ago is all people know about where Lerronix came from, it’s the home he build for himself he’s famous for. The black shining walls that tower over local moors and mark it out of the coast line, it’s fairly small as cities go but every densely packed with steam constantly coming from somewhere or another. The city bears the marks of an attack or two but it’s withstood even in its short history, the main gate is adorned with the symbol of its father, the lion statue sits atop the walls watching. It’s reliant on trade with other states for food, the local land isn’t particularly fertile and the weather is mostly pants occasionally intermittently not so pants.

History- He don’t like to talk about before, but get him talking about how he discovered his steam machines and be prepared for a tale of adventure romance and calculus that sound mostly made up especially the maths, what’s important is that the stories aren’t set anywhere local, he just came out of nowhere and turned what had been a small fishing village into a smoking black jewel.

Faction- The engineers are famous for being a collection of exiles and dregs who couldn’t make it in other places, they’ve sworn off any of their homes, they build fast and effectively though there are stories that some members are at least a little evil or mad, but the guild prefers the word fearlessly curious.

Personal power- Lions Roar

The Iron Lion can settle a tie vote, nominate his successor and remove another person’s legal protection making killing or stealing from them completely legal.

Faction power- Build it better

Engineers can build faster than anyone else, but what’s really interesting is their ability to upgrade existing structures in the world, the sort of boost that could make a stale mate out in the wider world much more decisive.

Any questions or feedback are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite interested but I would rather prefer to post my character sheet once you start the actual thread.

KurtH6355 said:
If this were explained a bit more, I may be interested.
The rp will essentially be a mix between players role playing their activities in the city/ wider world and attending meeting together where they collectively discuss and vote on issues not directly covered by individual players guilds. I'll also make posts about current events and in universe news reports on what you're doing to give you some idea of public perception.

If there's more you'd like to know feel free to ask,

Kyzaba said:
I am quite interested but I would rather prefer to post my character sheet once you start the actual thread.
This is my first time on these forums so where I'm from I'm used to the character sheets submitted as part of the interest thread (so I know there are enough players with good sheets for the game to start), is there a specific reason why you'd rather wait until the thread is posted?

Avouleance said:
This is my first time on these forums so where I'm from I'm used to the character sheets submitted as part of the interest thread (so I know there are enough players with good sheets for the game to start), is there a specific reason why you'd rather wait until the thread is posted?
Well, honestly, I think it'd be more convenient that way and I am certainly unable to find time to write an CS currently so I'd rather wait for the actual thread to free up some time and create the CS.

I thought it has magics in it.

I prefer to get some defenses ability though when i signed up for this.

AdmiralKerkov said:
I'm Interested
Kyzaba said:
So two people have expressed interest If I can get four more then that'll be enough for the game to run but I would like the sheets sooner rather than later since the earlier I have the information the more I can prepare for the game.

ArcaneUnit said:
Yeah u got me hooked. I am eager to post my CS
Awesomehne said:
I'm also interested. ;)
DefendKebab1918 said:
Interesting!
Bobisdead123 said:
Interested
AdmiralKerkov said:
I'm Interested
Kyzaba said:
I think that's everyone who was interested so 7 with my character included is a good number

I've posted in the game forums

Detailed - Citadel in the Storm (Open to 2 new players until Friday 16th) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back