Akari "Paladin" Kishiri

Akari watched as the forest fire was dealt with, but then...

FLASH!
A sudden, intense light burst blinded Akari and knocked him straight out. When he came to, he was in some sort of back alley in an unfamiliar city, to him, at least. Akari noticed a sign that read, "Crime Alley", and it was when Jason admitted he knew this place that he became a bit uneasy. With one hand on the handle of his sheathed sword, Akari followed Jason. "Understood, I'll keep my guard up."

As the group went along with Jason, he explained what Gotham City was. Apparently, the chalk outlines Benrey had found belonged to the parents of one Bruce Wayne. There was also the mention of someone named "Scarecrow", which sounded like a rather lame name for a villain, but then again, if they warranted even being mentioned, they clearly weren't some pushover.

As Jason played the tape recorder by the chalk outlines, Akari heard a raspy voice coming from it, preaching about fear. Akari could only roll his eyes, but then...

...Scarecrow appeared.
Right when Akari was about to cast a spell at Scarecrow, Jason showed everyone that attacking him was apparently futile, as they simply dodged his attacks by vanishing and reappearing in a cloud of smoke.

Akari breathed in the gas that was filling the alley, and after hearing Leo scream in terror, his eyes rolled to the back of his head as he slumped forward, falling limp onto the ground.

When Akari came to... he saw something that seemed impossible to him.

Akari was in some sort of... hospital. The fluorescent lights barely worked at all, and a fair amount of the lighting came from fires scattered about the ground. The odors of blood, flesh, and excrement filled Akari's nostrils as he stood up and saw the source of the stenches. There were dead bodies positively scattered everywhere. Upon closer inspection, they all seemed to be copies of Akari, mangled in various horrifying ways. Dislocated, slack jaws, enormous holes in their chests, limbs haphazardly rearranged and stitched together like cheap children's dolls... some even had their eyes and heads removed, leaving behind nought but empty, bleeding sockets and gaping neck holes. "This can't be..." Akari whispered as he looked around. "But... we destroyed this place... how can this be?"

As Akari's eyes glanced over towards the broken receptionist's desk, he saw a sign that made his jaw drop.​

KISHIRI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
"It... it is that place... but... where are the Shadows...?" As Akari thought, the halls of his father's Palace seemed noticeably devoid of the Shadows that otherwise would be patrolling the halls, disguised as surgeons and nurses. Akari took out his sword and proceeded down one of the hallways. As he traveled through the halls of the hospital, the Akari corpses watched his every movement with their, glancing at him as the armor-clad Phantom Thief progressed. Akari heard faint whispers coming from the corpses, but he was undeterred... or, so he believed he was. "So, I'm back here. My group is nowhere to be found, and-"

Suddenly, Akari heard a sound that made his blood freeze and his hair stand on end.

The sounds of servos actuating echoed through the halls... sounds Akari knew too well.

At the end of the hallway was a horrific fusion of man and machine, a misshapen, warped surgeon cyborg that walked on razor-sharp spider's legs, armed with a number of surgical tools that had been transformed into deadly weapons. The one Akari immediately recognized was the long, bloody drill that tipped one of the monster's arms. The monster's left eye had been reworked into a sort of visor, and Akari saw the crimson targeting beam emerging from it, scanning for whoever it was that were looking for.

Akari froze in place, not even breathing as the monster stopped at the T-junction in the hallway.

Neither Akari nor the monster made a sound, but then...

The monster's head turned 90 degrees and immediately snapped onto Akari with snakelike speed!

"THERE YOU ARE!"

The monster, which turned out to be his father's Shadow, spoke in a chilling, distorted voice, like a dissonant combination of an older man's voice with a deepened filter and a corrupted machine. Akari practically screamed as he began running from the horrifying creature, which turned out to be his Father's Shadow! "No, no, no, no...! This can't be real! I saved my father! I saved him...!" For once, Akari was genuinely terrified.

"DON'T WORRY, AKARI... DADDY'S GONNA FIX YOU! LOOK AT YOU, YOU'RE BROKEN! I'M GONNA FIX YOU RIGHT ON UP! WE'RE GONNA GO BACK TO BEING A NICE, HAPPY FAMILY AGAIN! DADDY'S ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO LOVE HIM, YOU KNOW..."
The Shadow revved up its drill and gave chase to Akari, firmly locked on his signature. Any attempts to hide from it would be futile, as the Shadow's visor-eye featured thermal imaging which could ignore walls.

All Akari could do now... was run.
Interactions:
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Unspoken Mention)
@PalaceRevisited

Last edited:
Ekekekekekekekekekekekekek!

It was just as Lucky had told Facillier; His fear had turned into wrath! He was now shooting at the hawk, and even though the hawk was dodging most of the shots, he was still making a few lucky hits on the flight and tail feathers. And it was...well, still quite frightening, but fun, too!

As the bird threw him back against the fence, and made slashes at his throat, Lucky looked back at everyone else, and shouted, "Hey, idiots! You guys wanna try fightin' back?! If we let these things kill us, Ganondorf wins for sure!" Then he took another uppercut to the bottom of his jaw, responding with a kick to the base of his predator's beak.

Benrey
000F2F76-9CA1-4A1B-9DD5-A85A551801E7.jpeg
He was still screaming..... some how having the same pitch and no signs of being tired this entire time. Yup, he’s been like this a while, especially since more Dr.Coomers arrived while yelling out the annoying phrase “HELLO BENREY...”..... while also surrounding him like he was some sort of spectacle or messiah that should be praised. Yeah..... that’s it...... Benrey is screaming, just because it’s the only thing he can really do, and he is gonna keep doing it the entire time....... yup, nothing different here....

Until he realized a couple of details right now that basically disproved that this was real, and it’s more or less an illusion.

1. How the hell did he end up at Black Mesa, with Dr.Coomer also here, if they basically abandoned it after the time loop was as broken. It doesn’t make sense since Dr.Coomer always follow Gordon around, and would never leave his side, so why is he right here to torment him.

2. There is only supposed to be one version of Coomer left, since he basically hates everyone of them and recently killed all his clones, being the only Dr.Coomer left in the whole universe.

3. This is probably an illusion due to the fact that some weird gas came in a bit earlier, and after he looked away for a bit, and seemed to be in a different area.... so it makes sense that this is basically not real and he is just imagining things, but if this was basically using the worst fears out of everyone..... then this would surely be much harder for others to understand.

So with those pieces of information, he just pushed the Dr.Coomers away, them turning into a green mist slowly one by one, as Benrey was basically over his fear, except for the fact he was still at Black Mesa.
“Ok....? Guess I have to wait until the effects of the gas wears off until I can start seeing something normal again.... and not a illusions.” as he crosses his arms and began to tap his feat, waiting for whatever happens next.....
Gretar
Back on the battlefield with Gretar.... well it’s not really a battlefield and more so of a mental one at at that. Both Gretar and the familiar figure of his were both trading blows, the sparks of iron and metal clashing with one another, and a few times, flesh was cut by the blade weapon the figure had while a couple of blunt blows delt by Gretar’s hammer wear down the Katana user with each successful attack.

It was at this point, Gretar had fully lost himself in his rage, his brain instead fully focused on fighting this figure, as he dodged, blocked, parried the blows of the stranger while trying to land his own attacks, his brain unable to focus on anything else other than revenge..... rage..... and grief. It was this day, the day he lost two of his best friends, the day where he wasn’t able to do anything, and was left alive in the end, with nothing but the memories of his allies to remember them by. No, he would change fate, he will get revenge, he can’t fail the now.... NOT TODAY.......

It was at this point, Gretar felt a rage pent up inside him, slowly reaching its tipping point, and up until this, it slowly risen more and more each time. But now, time to use this rage, use the anger of his past to fight against this foe, and get revenge for his ally.

“Anger is power - unleash it!”

As Gretar activated his ultimate move, and final fail safe if everything else fails..... he activated.....
Revenge
Being enveloped in a golden glow, he was now covered in a golden aura, as his opponent finally realized what it is, and prepared for another fight. Gretar said nothing as he charged headfirst at the man, the Samurai now focused on dodging instead of blocking the much stronger attacks from the enraged warrior.... and due to him having unlimited stamina in this state, he wasn’t gonna slow down the pain train one bit, as he focused on all his power in order to crush the man who made his life a living hell on that very day.
@To whomst it may concern

Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch
Benedict would sit there and watch Edmund as he burned more and more money.
I win! I’m the winner for once!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Benedict would scream as he fell to the floor.
Madam Mayor would poof in as well to get her kicks in
You abandoned me!
And God
I will find YOU!
Oooooooh Benedict! Nothing you can do anymore big loser boy! Haha!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Benedict would then attempt to shoot at the three individuals to no evail
AH! MY BOY! Time to take your various property claims away!
And your funds!
And your stocks! O-oh and uh your clothes...
NOOOOOO! SOMEBODY HELP ME!
Benedict would then look at Josh before tossing him to the ghostly figures, but Josh was seeing his own visions......
“Honk......
Josh would begin to cry as he looked around.....what was his fear you may ask? It appeared, out of the darkness came a massive seven foot tall,red eyed, sharp toothed grinning Benedict
Ah.......Josh!
He would say before whacking the penguin with his cane.
Wrong!
*whack!*
Incorrect!
*whack!*
You failed!
*whack!*
josh would begin to cry and take the hits as he lay there, when will this torment be over?
@ other people​

Corvo Attano

Corvo had tried to escape the green gas; after it already engulfed him. He ran to the nearest wall, trying to climb on whatever he could. When the cloud dissipated, however, Corvo was taken... elsewhere. It was raining. He was perched on a cliffside, overlooking a very familiar structure and soldiers. "No... How is this possible?" he muttered. He was back in Dunwall. At the lighthouse, the very place he rescued Emily, where Admiral Havelock poisoned his two allies, waiting for Corvo to appear. Except it all looked different. He looked down at the water, and, lo and behold, the old skiff floated across the water and towards the docks. Samuel? And that's... me?

Corvo blinked down the cliffside, Blinking onto the boat. However, it didn't react to him landing suddenly, neither did Samuel or the silent Corvo. As the boatman steered the skiff, he spoke. "The island is a bloody mess. Looks like they fought, maybe over Emily, just after they landed. I bet the admiral's got her locked up in the lighthouse somewhere. If Pendleton's lost the first round, he's probably dug in someplace, doing his best to drink himself to death. I suspect it's Martin who's got the lighthouse under siege. They turned on each other, at last." This wasn't right... "So the Admiral is power mad, Martin's a snake and 'Lord' Pendleton is a coward." Samuel glared at the other Corvo with a cold, disdainful look in his eyes. "And you Corvo... the things you've done. You could be the worst of us. I've seen a lot, traveling with you. Now get off my boat. I'd wish you good luck, but I'd be lying."

The silent Corvo leapt onto the deck. The real Corvo felt his stomach twist up like a knot when Samuel spoke again. "I don't like what you've become. No better than these traitors. That's why I'm gonna tell them you're coming." With that, he fired his gun into the air. The distant shouts of guards erupted. The silent Corvo stared at the boatman. Outsider only knows what went on behind his mask. And it wouldn't be long, either, when another shot rang out.

"Samuel!" the real Corvo cried. His old ally's body fell limp in his skiff, slain by whatever this monstrous Corvo was. The real Corvo stared into the sky. "Come out, you black-eyed bastard! Enough messing around!" But the Outsider wasn't here.

Left in the darkness, the real Corvo could only watch as this monster tore through every guard and overseer. Heads were slung, bodies mutilated, and panic spread. The knot in his stomach became one of disgust and horror. As they passed the walls of light, two very familiar voices reached Corvo's ear, namely Overseer Martin and Lord Pendleton. The snakes poisoned by Havelock at the top of the watchtower. The monstrous Corvo appeared before them.

Martin turned to his former ally. "Corvo, alive and well! Somehow I knew it. I suspected you'd show up here for the final fight over Emily. Poor girl. Such a pawn."

A maniacal cackling came from a blown hole in the nearby tower. "Excellent! Not so proud anymore, are you, Martin?! Go get him, Corvo!" Pendleton screeched. "Corvo is going to cut your head off!"

Martin scowled. "Guards, kill him. Now."

With the same vigor and brutality, the silent Corvo cut through them all. He slew Martin with no hesitation. Pendleton, bleeding out from an apparent bullet wound, fell victim to Corvo's blade. Neither the quick, soundless death that truly befell them. The real Corvo could only watch. "What in the Void is happening?! This never happened! Whatever your point is, Outsider, I'm not getting it! Show yourself!" he cried once more.

Eventually, the monstrous Corvo reached the top of the lighthouse. Havelock ran as far as he could in this building, dragging child Emily with him. And there he stood, lacking the calm, solemnly accepting attitude he had when the real Corvo confronted him all those decades ago. He's gone made; insane, knowing that death was crawling its way up the tower, begging to lick at his soul. When the monstrous Corvo appeared at the entrance, Havelock threw his arm around Emily, threatening a murder-suicide. The real Corvo, perched on a cable to the side, bit his tongue with anxiety. The silent Corvo Blinked at Havelock, swinging his sword and flinging the Admiral off the edge... alongside Emily. Both Corvos scrambled down, watching helplessly as Emily became nothing but a white speck.

"No... No, no!" the real Corvo yelled. Everything he feared at the time of these events was taking place: the death, losing his daughter, the city driven mad, all thanks to his own actions. He blinked into the watchtower, shielded from the rain, where he sat on one of the chairs. A cold, dead look reached his eyes. "This never happened... She is back home and safe... Timeline and universe shenanigans can't have changed what happened in my world... It couldn't have happened..." Yet, the knot in his stomach never came loose. And soon, the Outsider's words reached his ears.

I don't know about you, Corvo, but I've had a lovely time. Intrigue and mystery, butchery and betrayal. The death throes of an empire! And you were an avenging spirit, spreading chaos at every turn. The city's feeding on itself now, liars and merchants and nobles like maggots on a carcass. Soon there'll be nothing left for the rats. It's just as well. The empire was dying already. Completely rotten. All that was needed was the right man, to send it over the edge. But now, you'll be off over the horizon, on an outbound ship. I wonder. Are you chasing something, or running away?

Last edited:

• Kassandra hadn’t, in fact, let go of her Spear. When Michael Meyers tried to stab Ben, he’d find that only his fist met Wildmutt; regardless, this didn’t change the final outcome whatsoever, since the murderer was downed quickly and easily. That said, the flames kept spreading in the forest, so when the others managed to stop the inferno, the group left behind a scorched mess as they continued searching for a generator that produced electricity, apparently.

Unfortunately, it was a trap, and two flashes was surprisingly enough for the Spartan to go down. The first very well impacted Ikaros enough to knock him out, due to his enhanced senses, and the second came faster than the Eagle Bearer could check on her bird. When the Greek came to, she found Ciri offering her a hand, and graciously accepted the help back to her feet.

“Thank you,” She simply noted as her eyes searched the alley. To say it was a dump was an understatement; the main star of the show, outlines of what seemed to be dead people, didn’t really faze her, but she did pay her respects with a quick bow to the head. She ignored the crazy Captain Falcon rambling about how it was the couple’s fault for going into the alley, instead looking for Ikaros. It turns out the eagle had recovered faster than most of the group, and perched himself on a lamppost nearby, watching them.

This wouldn’t last for long, though, as the party was quickly engulfed in some sort of gas. Despite waving her hand and coughing a lot, she was- for once- the first to succumb to the effects. To her, she blacked out yet again; to others, it would seem like the unhelmeted Kassandra had closed her eyes for a few seconds.
    When she “came to” yet again, her surroundings looked the exact same. The only difference was all the corpses littered in the alley. Other random people who were accompanying them on the trip were lying around in various different poses. Alexis lay face-flat, her nine tails apparently ripped off in a violent matter. Benedict was slumped down against a wall, clutching a bag of money as he lay there with a bullet hole through his monocle. Akari’d been thrown off to the side, his throat almost chewed through. Lucky looked like the vultures had gotten to him.

But the worst part was her trusted allies all lying in a pile right where the body outlines had been.​

“Ciri..? Aloy?” Kassandra’s voice cracked for the first time around the group, an expression of horror washing over her face as she stared. However, for those who hadn’t succumbed yet, they would probably notice the Eagle Bearer’s horror as she seemed to begin stepping forwards to the outlines (inadvertently squashing Delsausage in the process). Perhaps it would make them realize what was going on, and brace for their own nightmares.

But Kassandra’s had only started.​

Price? Corvo? The usually loud Spartan’s voice dwindled down to a whisper, refusing to believe her eyes. But it looked so real, so... visceral. She bent over to stare at her friends strewn within the original outline, a look of horror on her face. Did she do something wrong? Did she fail them? She spotted a feathered companion in the bodies, and dug through the corpses of her friends to find...

“...Ikaros?

Her beloved Golden Eagle had fallen, too, his neck wrung out as though he had been caught during the fight in New Donk City. She bit her lip, shedding a few tears and holding back her agony as best she could. But then a voice drew her attention away from her bird.

latest

“You’ll know no more pain here. Run along now.” A familiar voice echoed through the alley, and Kassandra spun around to see him. The madman from the fated swamp was back, and he had just uttered the same line to a boy standing near him as he did with Kassandra’s first encounter. Like before, the child fled the scene, leaving both the Eagle Bearer and the madman alone. The Isu-blooded girl lay her bird down with the other bodies before turning to her nemesis.

“You... You did this, didn’t you?” Kassandra glared at the madman, pointing her Spear of Leonidas at her friend’s corpses.

“No. You did.”

The “madman” pointed back at the corpses, prompting the Eagle Bearer to look back. And when she did, she wished she hadn’t. Because she knew what was about to happen next.

latest

Sure enough, when the Greek glanced back, in place of her dead friends was the madman’s “display”. A moment after staring at the gods-damned horror show, anguished cries echoed at the base. She looked down to see family members grieving at the tree’s base, a memoir of what she had done.

Kassandra’s first fear was letting her friends down. But her second was just beginning.​

“Even if you showed you had a conscience the last time we met, you’ve still slaughtered so many people. So many soldiers. You can say you needed to kill them, but how many have you murdered for some extra drachmae (money)? How much have you profited from the war in our world?” At this point, the grieving civilians slowly stood up, turning their eyes to the demigoddess. Slowly, but surely, their grief visibly turned into anger- anger at her.

“If I hadn’t taken war contracts, some other mercenary would have in my place!” The Greek declared, taking a step backwards and away from the angry families. However, the madman was closer than she thought, and pushed her forwards and back towards the civilians.

“Are you sure about that? Because I know there are plenty of normal people you killed, too. People who put bounties on you; you didn’t want to spend a single bit of your blood money, so you stained it even further.” The madman tilted his head, though Kassandra didn’t see this. Instead, her eyes were focused on the people in front, grabbing their loved ones’ weapons and brandishing them against her.

“I... I killed because I had to!” The Greek choked out, pointing her Spear at the civilians. However, her hand was much shakier than ever, and her resolve to fight here was almost nonexistent.

”You always had a choice!” A civilian called out to her. In reality, people would hear her speak these next lines between herself and her “assailants”, almost like she was having a conversation with herself.

“You’re all not real. All of this is in my head!”

”Are you sure? Maybe when you bleed, you’ll take that back!”
    The civilians closed in on her, and with the madman behind her, Kassandra turned 90 degrees to the right, slowly backing herself into a wall. She tried turning on the instigator.

“All this... this horror show, this was your fault!”

”If that’s what you believe, then tell those people, not me!” The bloodthirsty mob closed in. They were a couple dozen yards out, but it was still more than enough to intimidate her, of all people.

I didn’t mean to hurt anybody innocent... She meekly whispered, this one directed to herself.

“Nobody ever does!” The furious horde drew closer and closer, almost stepping forwards in synchronicity to her steps back until she hit the brick wall behind her, seemingly with no way out.​

Kassandra’s second fear was of being in the wrong, being an evil person. Becoming the same threat and menace to the Greek world that the Cult of Kosmos and the Order of the Ancients had been. And by the gods, this fear was going to overwhelm her... unless her friends, or someone else, intervened.

For once in her life, the demigoddess Eagle Bearer was vulnerable, and the brunette who helped her friends in dire times was the one who needed help the most.​

Last edited:
Ben saw in his visions, a horrifying sight.

"St- stand back! Get away from me!"

He backs away from the horror before him. The beast's many eldreitch eyes lock onto him, its beak, not too different from that of a cephalopod, pecked forward in a threatening manner. Its fiendish wings sprouted.

1200px-Peacock_Plumage.jpg

"Coo. Coo."

"Don't make me do this!" Ben said, preparing to transform as he smacks his watch down.

Meanwhile, in reality, Ben had taken the form of the previously-seen Gutrot, who was releasing flammable gases of many kinds from his body, fueling Sage's inferno!

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Meanwhile, the Agent saw before him a dastardly, unbearable sight.

latest

"Looks like I've proven you wrong, bird-brain."

"H- Herbert! What have you done?" the Agent growls.

"That's simple, you pesky penguin, your higher-ups have all been frozen into my lovely trophies as an emblem of my inevitable victory!"

"Don't be so sure of yourself, Herbert!"

"Well, if you're so confident, why not you take on my Doom Drone Army that I've constructed from the entire population of Club Penguin!" Herbert laughs as his robot armada appears behind him.

latest

"Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag."

"Herbert... you bastard!" the Agent exclaims, before covering his mouth. That was when a black hole apeared, sucking the Agent in as he holds on to a pole.

"Oh, what's this? An example EPF Agent using a no no word? To the shadow realm you go!"

0273C71F-9045-449E-AA02-AD0A40E2D583.jpeg

“Wha? Am I in, Traverse Town? No.. This is where I fought, but. This can’t be the dream re- Ah!” Sora would find an arrow straight through the heart, he turns his head to see the one who fired the arrow, as it would belong to none other then Yozora.

6BA1B100-04CC-46BE-99FE-CF1C9FDE009F.jpeg

“B, but.. why? I beat you.. before..” Sora falls to the ground, breathing heavily with blood slowly pouring out his mouth. “Sorry, but you aren’t needed anymore.” “Just. What are you?” Before he gets an answer, Sora begins to become crystallized with Yozora walking towards the frozen keyblade warrior. “Don’t worry. I’ll take over.” Not long after those brief words, Sora’s eyes would close again, soon taking him to another place.

Sora... You don’t believe that.” I A faint sound can be barely be heard over the constant ringing going through Sora’s ears. When it stops and he opens his eyes, he sees his close friend, Riku. “I know you don’t..” Sora would then soon realize that he’s in the Keyblade Graveyard on the day he and the others fought Xehanort and the other twelve darknesses.
“I’m back here? But this when we..” Sora remembered it all. This is the day his friends died, he brought them back in the end, but it would eventually cost him his life. He notices something else as well. Yozora was in his place, to Riku Yozora would look exactly like Sora, and all the original could do was float around him like a ghost. Riku couldn’t see the real Sora, nor could he hear him. “Riku. Hey, listen. It’s me, Sora.” Sora’s attempts to reach his friend would prove useless.

“Now. I’ll save you all.” As Yozora would say this to himself quietly, and the Demon Tide of shadows were coming towards them, Riku stands his ground charges his keyblade head on to save Sora and eliminate the tide.

“RAAAAAAAAAAAGH!” Yozora would stand there as Riku solely sacrifice himself to save his only friend there, almost as if he’s planning the whole thing.

“No! Riku!” Sora wouldn’t let history repeat itself, he wasn’t going to make the same mistake again just because he was too scared to do anything the first time. Sora uses the keyblade and points it at the disguised Yozora, hoping to pull a big trick on him. “Never again.. not my friends.. not again! This is it!” Sora’s efforts would prove successful as he managed to swap places with Yozora, and runs up to the Demon Tide, judos high into the sky, and slices it up in one strike, enveloping Sora in one big light.

Eventually, the light disappeared, and it would take Sora and Yozora to where they previously were.

68EF9863-6DDB-42C4-B337-343D7EBE17E7.png
“Listen. I don’t know who you think you are or what you’re trying to do by ‘saving’ me, but I will never, let someone take my place! I may be a screw up from time to time, but I’m happy to be me, and if you try to come after my home, and my friends. Then I will fight, until one of us isn’t able to fight anymore! I don’t care where we are, dream world or no dream world. I’m getting out of here, and I will stop Ganondorf to protect the ones I care about. One way or another, this ends now!” Sora prepares his keyblade as he’s about to relive one of the hardest, if not, THE hardest fight he’s ever done in his life. Yozora readies his weapons as well with a determination on his face and says nothing but these three words before the fight starts.

“Let’s do this.”

74621404-1BA0-42D6-A894-B9CC18B6EE06.jpeg

Rex’s dream begins as he’s a white room with nothing there but himself. “Is anyone there? Hello? Red Hood? Sora?” He would call for the two, but would get no response. Rex starts to touch the walls in an attempt to feel a way out of here. “Megumin? Sage? Falcon? Anyone? Tsk. I’ll even take Lucky right about now..” Rex would sit on his knees, all alone and a little depressed at the fact there’s no way out. Even his Nanites didn’t help him find a way out. It was starting to feel helpless until a familiar called to him.

“Not even gonna mention your old pal?”
45D51A94-B389-4377-A7C7-23F97D4230E5.jpeg
The voice would come from one of Rex’s long time buddies, Bobo Haha. “BOBO! Haha.” He runs over to Bobo to give him a giant bear hug. “Dude. You would not believe the mess I’ve been through. It was even worst then the last time.”

“Uhh. You do realized I haven’t showered, right?”

“Yeah, but that’s how bad it was. It made me forget how bad you smelled. So, when I left Providence after we saw that message..” As Rex begin to vent over his recent experiences of his current adventure, Bobo starts feeling a little strange in his nose. “Then we had to deal with two girls with serious anger issues. One that’s able to hit like a truck, but even she doesn’t compare to the one that’s able to SWAP OUR BODIES SOMEHOW, and I had to spend the next fifteen minutes of my life in someone else’s stomach in Lucky’s body and blamed for something I didn’t even do. But, it wasn’t so bad, I did mention how I got to see a wizard toast this triangle god. How’s that for cool?”

“AHCHOO!” Once Rex turned around to face Bobo, he sneezed on Rex with this green like substance.

“Blegh. Nice to know you haven’t changed a bit. Wait. What’s going on? Bobo, what’s- AHH.” Rex wouldn’t only feel strange, but would then start to have metal wires coming out of him, and his machines would start going haywire. “What’s going on? Ow! I’m not full of Nanites.. What’s going on?”
8443CAB2-1C9F-4BA4-B1E8-157F07C34DE1.png
Rex would lose control of his Nanites and start killing Bobo. “Oh. Sh-“ He would get cut off as a giant sword would go straight through the chest. He throws Bobo off the sword and break free of the white room. Eventually he stombles across Dr. Holiday who would be flabbergasted as to what was before her eyes.

“Rex. What happened to you? Six! Six, come in, it’s Rex! I need- What are you doing? Ah, no, AHHHH.”

Rex grabbed her by the waste and snapped her spine in half. Six, who would around the hallway when contracted by Holiday, would run awhile only to see a blood trail coming from the white room and a mutated Rex in a blood puddle.

“Holiday!” Rex charges the destroyed Six with his B.F.G and the two enter a stand off. As the fight would go on, Rex’s mutation would get more and more worst, he replaces the B.F.G with the blast Caster, and trips Six by the legs. He manages to kick back one of Rex’s arms wanting to attack him. Six manages to get away, for now and seals Rex in with a couple of blast doors, but it won’t hold him for long. Rex manages to regain conscious for a while to realize what he does.

“Holy... what did I- Holiday? Holiday!” He goes into the white room to see a bloody Bobo across the wall. “BOBO. No no no no no no no! Please. Don’t tell me this is my fault.” Tears would begin to fall out of Rex’s eyes out of realization, this was his fault.

Back with Six, he talks with one friend of Rex before sending him off with a earbud used for communication.
“Take this. It’ll help keep in touch. Remember. Find a cure for Rex. Do not let his other loved ones die in vine.. not even me!He says that last part quietly. “Am I clear, Lucky?”

Lucky pauses for a minute, but gives Six an answer. “Don’t worry Laddie. I’ll do me best.” Six stays quiet for a moment, but forms a smile Lucky can’t see.

“Thank you Lucky”

“RAGGGGGHHHHH!”

“I can hear him. Go!” Lucky does as Six says and goes on his way. Eventually Rex finds Six again and this time, Lucky wouldn’t hear from him again. Rex would stand over the dead body of the badly beaten Six and start to hold his chest, eventually Nanites begin to flow out of him and and slowly infest the world with Nanites once again, turning everyone into EVO’s.

“No. Get out of me! This can’t be. AhhhHHH.” Suddenly a giant metal glove forms itself around Rex. And that’s when he figures it out.

C8988514-5457-4E75-BD5A-0B2BD7709F14.jpeg

“No, please, why is this happening STOOOP!” Soon a whole bunch of vines begin to cover up Rex’s whole body piece by piece.

3B4DA1CF-BFF0-48C8-BBDA-FC21A5BD9310.png
“NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmmh” As Rex screams for his life, he’s eventually devoured by the vines and is in some kind of cocoon. Soon enough, a claw breaks out the coon, and then the whole body revealing Van Kleiss.
D1C70961-0D85-4CE4-BAAA-8BB795EB8809.png
“Ah. Much better. At long last, my destiny is here. A world to call my own and where EVO’S rule supreme! But, there is one, who would try to reverse my creation. The poor boy. He’s just as foolish as I was.. or. As Rex was. But, I’ll give Rex this and honor his wish by letting his pet live.” Van Kleiss snaps his fingers for a couple of vines to reveal a bunny sized throne. “And. As icing on the cake, I’ll even let him join me. That way, no one can get left behind. Soon Lucky, from being a rage filled moron to a happy go lucky imbecile, you’ll see the truth soon enough. The universe will.”

Last edited:
Lucky had finally fended off his hawk for long enough that he could climb back over the fence. Was it a bad idea to jump into the fear toxin hotspot? Probably, but you know it's all falling onto your shoulders when even Kassandra is terrified.

Of course, there was no way he could help everyone on his own, so he had to quickly figure out who would snap out of it the easiest...and Benrey seemed like a good candidate.

"Okay, Sleepin' Beauties, nightmare time's over!" Lucky jabbed at Benrey's collarbone. "Come on, we gotta snap each other out of it! This is just what that hooded lad wants." Only when he was sure that Benrey would be okay did he move on to Rex and Sora-and, man, was it cathartic to be snapping them out of their delusions for once. "Hey, you two, you're basically dreamin'. You ever heard of lucid dreamin'? Now's a good time to practice. Come on! Get up." He jabbed them each in the cheeks, then tickled their noses with his tail.

Kassandra came next. "Hey, Lassie, whatever you're imagining, it's F-A-K-E." It looked like she was much deeper into her nightmare than the other three, so he rubbed up against her extra thoroughly. "Come on, Lass, you let it break you, and Ganondorf wins. It's fine, we're here, time to shake it-uh oh." The pissed off hawk slammed him back onto the concrete, making him scream, until he used his knife to pry himself free. "See? Fightin' your fears is actually kinda fun once you put your mind to it! Just need to pump in a little wrath, that's all!"

So he went, playing a little game of "What Would Megumin Do?" and somewhat coddling everybody. In his own gruff Lucky way, of course. "Everybody, out of it. Now. Sage, get a hold of yourself, everything's fine. Whisper, buck up, nobody's really there. Ben, I don't think I wanna know what you're up against, but it's literally just a daydream. Squid lass, you're not gonna get anywhere if you let whatever you're thinkin' of keep you beaten down. We're literally just on drugs right now, people!"

Finally, he'd go up to Benedict, and couldn't help but stifle a little chuckle. Alas, a teammate was still a teammate. Despite the hawk clawing him, he used Benedict's legs to keep himself anchored to the ground. "Hey, Laddie. I know you're better than this. Come on, whoever's there isn't really there. Mmmph, ow! I know, I'm fuckin' terrified of me apex predator, but then a little rat reminded me that it's just a trick." He decided to shake the man's head, then applied some percussive maintenance to Josh's head.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Thepotatogod Thepotatogod
Crow Crow
BoltBeam BoltBeam
Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

Last edited:
Benrey
After some time spent trying to think of what to do, and a occasional Dr.Coomer walking around saying hello to him before disappearing, he finally felt a sharp pain at his collarbone, well, it’s not that it hurt, but it was because it was sudden and he didn’t really expect it, as he slowly began to take in reality once more, and see how much of a shut show is actually going on here, especially with the raging fire. Giving a small “Thanks..” to Lucky, he already planned on his first target to wake up from their nightmares.

Slowly floating into the air in a comedic fashion, it seemed that he disappeared from all sight here on the world, before the same form of Benrey slowly descended down a distance away, right next to the saddened and scared form of Megumin, his plan is to basically wake her up so that he can get his ToolGun out and take out these fires as soon as possible. Now, to begin the process, as he used one of his arms to grasp Megumin by her shoulder, slowly shaking her a bit to gain her attention, saying
“Hey.... Megumin..... wake up... there is nothing to be afraid of. It’s that this gas is probably making us see our worst nightmare, but none of what your seeing is actually true. I know I done my part, but it’s up to you if you can overcome your fears and show why we are the MTF for a reason, and hurry, because I really need that ToolGun right now, because Sage is not really acting the best of now, and there may be a couple of fires. But never mind that for now, just remember that no matter what, we always got each other’s back, especially when in our times of need, and I need you to help me combat these fires or we all would fail our mission.” as he hoped that this would at least get a reaction out of her, and make her wake up from whatever was happening to her. Only time would tell, as he looked at the fires, his face being replaced with one filled with concern, as the fires grew and grew each second.
P PopcornPie

Jett
Chronology (1).jpg

Expression: Not In Fear since She is in a distance
Interaction: Everyone

Jett sighed a bit in relief since she knew that if she is in a spot where is now in fear, she will passed out & panicked. She will look at Lucky saying "How did you get not into fear eh, man????"

Sir Benedict Cucumberpatch
As Edmund, Madam Mayor, and God all started surrounding him, taking his valuables and other things.....he would hear a voice
Ah! Jesus!? Have you come to take the rest!?
He would say in fear before feeling something grab his feet, and his head began to shake. All of a sudden his vision would blur as the ghosts faded away
Aw geez not again!
DONT LEAVE ME!
See you soon old friend.....
*pop!*
Benedict’s vision would go back to normal as he saw Lucky in front of him, as well as others still in their state of fear
Ah! Lucky old friend......thank you.....you saved me just before they reached my corporate funds!
Benedict would then walk over to Josh as he was snapped out of his dream, flailing his feathers at the air until his eyes opened
“HONK HONK HONK HONK!.......Ho-honk?
Josh would look at Benedict, the same, normal small Benedict before waddling over and hugging him
Ah! Josh! It’s......
Benedict stayed silent as he realized how good it felt to have someone care for him, to have someone be there for him after what seemed like an eternity with those three horrific specters. Was he too hard on the penguin? He didn’t have time to think about that as another call came in on his walkie talkie
Ah......lieutenant.......what do you need.....over?
City hall has been taken sir, all targets neutralized Sir.
Ah.......that’s.....quite good.
You don’t sound very confident Sir, is this a code 398?
*click*
Benedict would sit and ponder his feelings, perhaps being a penguin all those moments ago left an impact, removed the cold harshness of his heart and let in actual feelings.....emotions. Benedict didn’t understand what was going on.
He started to think about all those years ago before the great buyout......when he was just a small business, selling protection and goods to the sufferers of the war......had he gone too far? Did monopolizing the world REALLY bring peace? Was Edmund possessing his mind? Who knows.
P PopcornPie
@ anyone else​

"Heheh! I guess not all animals are servants or plate fodder, huh, Laddie? But really, you're welcome." Wow, having Benedict's praise felt awesome! His admittedly sore, bleeding chest swelled up with pride as he trotted around, right past Jett, as she asked him her secret.

"Oh, I did. Hell, I'm still scared shitless." Lucky answered cockily, wagging his tail. "But I've got an advantage: A mind assistant! Lupé here helps me spot the loose threads." He winked and tapped the side of his head, only to take another drill peck from the hawk. "Ack! See? Even though I know she's just a mind trick, this bird ain't lettin' up!" He whipped around to bite the bird in the base of its wing, in return being pecked in the base of his ear.

AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc Benedict Cucumberpatch Benedict Cucumberpatch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, a voice broke out among the stern, decaying treetops. A familiar voice. A welcome voice. "Benrey?! Benrey!" She spun around in circles, but failed to see him. His voice was a distant echo, and she got up and galloped away trying to find it. "Benrey, where are you? Hurry! Benrey, everyone's gone!" That wasn't even the worst part, Sage was in trouble again! But how could she help him if she was abandoned?!

"Benrey, I have the ToolGun, I don't know how, but please, take it!...But maybe spawn me a blanket, please?" She waved the pistol around in the air.

Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long

Crime Alley, Gotham City
#99D5FF and #FAC51C = Speech
(Hallucination) (Heresy)

Yang, too, likewise paid her condolences towards the two souls of their bodies' marks on the ground. She was well aware that those poor souls must've been unaware that this was a dangerous place to go through. They must've been in a rush to get to a certain destination, and this was the ultimate price that they had to pay.

Several of their friends and family must've been hurt as a result.

Uh oh, what's this? Falcon is calling the two poor souls "fools" for daring to walk down this alleyway? Okay, how do I put this, ermmm... Suddenly, Yang froze. Instead of just backing down to admit that he was wrong, he had to dig himself deeper, proceeding to insult Blake. Not just that, but he went off from her cat ears and called her a weirdo; one of the many insults that the Faunus had to live through.

"You--what?" Yang's eyes already turned red. Without hesitation, she marched towards Jason, preparing to punch him in the jaw, until Jason essentially did the work for her. Even a few words alone were enough to capture the whole essence of what went wrong with Falcon's logic.

At least, though, Falcon finally admitted to his wrongs. But Yang was already about to cry.

Eventually, Megumin pressed the play button on the tape recorder. Instead of a normal message, however, the recorder greeted everyone with a crow's screech. Yang recognized the sound itself...yet, something was off. Before she could pinpoint what was wrong, however, an unfamiliar, scratchy voice reverberated throughout the alleyway. As Weiss and Yang listened, weapons out, gas started to fill the area, as the man behind the voice emerged. Yet, the tape recorder kept on going, as the man himself remained silent.

Jason promptly threw a red Batarang, but to no effect, as the man disappeared in a black smoke. And then, Leo was the first to be affected. Whatever happened in his mind, he was scrambling about, screaming into the air as he struggled.

Before long, the fears started to manifest in the minds of the gang, and then, the two girls were affected, just like everybody else.

— — — — —​

And there Weiss was, back home. Yet, she was back in the room that she had spent much of her troubled childhood in. Her bed was right there, leftmost at the center, accompanied by a nightstand and a glass bench. A few bookshelves surrounded the window that allowed her to see what was outside, alongside a table with a chair slid underneath it. A fireplace with a blank portrait frame was present, and so was a portrait of the Arma Gigas, her greatest enemy that she had to face.

The only major difference? It was dark inside.

Just then, she heard heavy knocking bordering on banging on the door. She turned sharply towards it, gasping, as she stepped back. She had known the sound of it all too well. Sometimes, Winter was the one to stop it from even happening, but other times...let's say Weiss turned out unlucky.

"Weiss!" Jacques shouted, clearly unhappy about what had (supposedly) happened. "You still have lots to explain, you know that! Do you not realize just how much you've cost us? And yourself?"

As it happened, Weiss thought back to what Blake had said; she spoke up about there possibly being hallucinations. She even saw what happened to Lucky and Leo while they were still unaffected by the gas around the time. She was prepared to face herself against the very hallucinations Blake and, to some extent, Jason warned about, yet she did not expect it to be this soon.

She was ready...but, it was starting to bring up many bad memories that she had worked so hard to put away.

All the bickering, all the verbal abuse that she had to take, and occasionally, the one-off beating she would have to endure throughout its duration. Already was Weiss starting to hyperventilate, as she attempted to process all the information; Scarecrow started this whole mess, yet the source of much of her difficult childhood was right there, out for her.

"It's all imagination, Dad..." Weiss said, as she stepped further away from the door. "I swear, you're not even here right now!"

"...WHAT?!" Jacques banged onto the door. "I raised you! I brought you up, just like I did with the rest of the family, and I even made sure that you would receive heritage of the Schnee Dust Company! And yet, you had to turn all of that into colossal mistakes and then call me a figment of your imagination!"

Jacques banged on the door once more. This time, Weiss thrashed her hands against her temples, as she sat down on the floor, desperate to get whatever was happening out of her head.

"I said, you're not real! When did I see you out of Remnant -- never!" And then, she shed a tear.

"Then who even are you, dear? And not just that -- what even are you?!"

— — — — —​

There laid Ruby's body in the exact same way Yang had remembered it; slumped over, leaning against the wall at one end of the same room of Ironwood's, where she had lost her. This time, her lifeless husk was joined by another two of them -- Weiss and Blake -- each of them having similarly received the burning Ruby had received. Yang looked around, and there he was:

88b5d7648fe40019bc56fef63bbbd389ddafece7r1-500-204_hq.gif

Cobblepot. Sitting at the same chair he had occupied.

She thought she had seen the last of him back in Atlas, yet he just...sat there.

"You're not real," Yang frowned, turning towards Cobblepot. "No way, none of you are real. I saw you die in the hands of Ganondorf, and then your body being disintegrated."

Yet, all it invited was a chill, dangerous stare from the self-proclaimed King.

"Go on," Cobblepot spoke up for the first time since his inevitable death. It was him, complete with a pitch-perfect voice indistinguishable to that of the real Penguin's, yet, he was all but a figment. "Wish away all those delightful memories of me, the King of Atlas, and your little sister completing her way to the bottom! Great idea, I promise ya..." Then he lowered his head, his eyes remaining locked towards the blonde.

"But it won't bring back everyone you've wasted your fucking time on."

"...Yaaaang..?" Ruby had jolted back to life. But, she didn't smile. In fact, all she did was to look up towards Yang, who just...stood her ground. However, despite all she could do, it was already starting to take a toll on her; the words the imaginary Penguin said were not only scarily close to real life, but also directly towards her, it was starting to cast doubt on whether or not she could actually put herself past the trauma. Not just that, but her hands shook.

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real, i--it's not real, it's not real..." Yang repeated what she said, all over, in a desperate attempt to remind herself about the nature of those materializing fears.

But all of a sudden, she stopped. Whatever happened, something within her emerged, and now, she was left to its whims.

"Oh, your little girl still has a pulse -- and she even wants a word with you!" Cobblepot gleefully declared, deliberately ignoring her puny words, then he clasped his palms together. "Alright, how about--" He proceeded to slowly point towards the blonde, his hand later moving to point at her burnt sister. "...You talk to her?"

"Did you--" Ruby coughed, too weak to cover her mouth with even her elbow. "--Protect...me..?"

"Maybe she'll still love you...after what you didn't do." Cobblepot said, intentionally taking on a disappointed tone, but if Yang were to examine his expressions more closely, she would see that he was...a little too happy. Meanwhile, the "King of Atlas" noticed that Yang had gone silent, and naturally, he had to come up with something for it.

"Cat got your tongue? Ran off with it, never to be seen again?" Cobblepot chuckled, as Yang turned her attention back towards Ruby.

"...Ruby, I--"

"ANSWER ME!" All of a sudden, before Yang could finish, the imaginary Ruby tearfully stood up, yelling at her own sister with great volume, despite the Twilight-brand burns she had suffered. All Yang was jump back, spooked.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM, Jason, Scarecrow), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Blake), Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- (Captain Falcon), P PopcornPie (Megumin)

Benrey
Welp, at least he gotten her attention, as he watched her reactions to his voice, but for now, she isn’t over the nightmare. Hey, it’s better than nothing, as he saw the familiar form of his ToolGun being waved into the air by Megumin, as she requested for some sort of blanket for the meantime. He didn’t really mind doing that for now, as he slowly, but after some time spent stopping midway, quickly grabbed the ToolGun from her grasp, his body making a small shiver as soon as he had the Tool in his grasp. He knew he made a code to never use his ToolGun ever again, but this was an emergency, and he needed it now or never, because the fires aren’t gonna take care of themselves.

Using the ToolGun to spawn an item in, him having a little bit of trouble due to him being away from it for a bit, but he quickly spawned in a Blanket for Megumin to use, using his free and other hand to give it to her, as he now focused on the big guns needed to take out this fire. Quickly going through his mod lists, he found the weapon, or tool, he was looking for, quickly spawning it in, and it was none other than the Cryolator, basically a ice version of the Flamethrower: FFE821DB-DBB4-4E1F-BA58-DD0456D90C03.png
Now, time to combat these fires, as he floated right back to the spot where he once was a few minutes ago, looking at the flames, before pulling the trigger and firing off a cold mist from the weapon in a flamethrower like fashion, hopefully taking out the flames, and making sure not to freeze any allies in the process. The fire part was being handled by Benrey for now..... but it would take a while before he could finished tho on his own.
P PopcornPie Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Then Megumin felt a blanket draping across her back, but, due to the setting, it translated in her mind into a few pieces of rags held together by twigs and moss.

Benrey was gone, to the same place as everyone else.

As Megumin continued to sit alone, anxiety went on a rampage, producing multiple, explosive headaches. Her vision continued to flicker and glitch.

Something was wrong, and she was abandoned to deal with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hawk was beyond pissed now, and tripled its attack speed. Its pecks had Lucky rolling onto his back, but he refused to scream any more. "Come get me, fucker. I know you're not really killin' me." He taunted it, then regretted his taunting as the predator slashed at his tummy. The force from the attack rolled him over to Weiss and Yang, allowing his sharp ears to turn away from the hawk's enraged cries for a minute to hear them talking.

Ruby. Yang was panicking over Ruby. Still haunted by the circumstances of her demise, and who could blame her? Weiss, on the other side, was tormented by her own father. He had no idea which one he'd prefer, but he wasn't here to choose.

"YANG! WEISS! SNAP OUTTA IT!" He nibbled them on their legs, jabbing them in the shins and Achilles heels. "Yang is right, this shit isn't real! You two wanna preserve Ruby's memory? Be strong for her! Fight those illusions off! We don't want the bastard who did this to us sitting and laughing! Everybody's right here! Come on, wake up and help me help everyone outta this mess!"

marc122 marc122

Last edited:
Agent 3
c186bc72a54164412a357586529072e26bf2e73fr1-736-1041v2_hq.jpg

With has rant over, the tape had finally been popped into the tape recorder, and the words began to spill out. The voice that spoke to you all was... eerily calm. It was deep and menacing, accompanied by heavy breathing that indicated some kind of underlying issue. Before the voice started to even play, though, the first thing you all heard was the loud screeching of a crow.

"How many bones will you crush? How many lives will you all destroy in pursuit of what you call justice?" The voice asked over the speakers of the tape recorder. Jason stood to the side, having fallen completely silent. Leo hadn't even been able to properly answer Sage before the voice rang out, instead only having offered him a nod and a thumbs up in return. "You... are the product of everything you fear. Violence... darkness... HELP-LESS-NESS." That last word was spoken in a loud whisper, broken up with sharp, short breaths from whoever was speaking onto the tape. Those of you with more keen eyes would notice that the alleyway began to be filled with a gas of some sort. Then, finally, the source of the voice manifested himself before you.

"All that remains is for you to face your fears...

And to be CONSUMED by them."

Without warning, Jason reached into his jacket and produced one of his red Batarangs, throwing it in the hooded man's direction. However, he merely disappeared in a burst of thick, black smoke before it even had a chance to strike him. And then, the next thing you heard, was a horrifying shreek.

tumblr_nvp1k1622n1tp4szso5_250.gif

"AAAAHHHHH!!! G-GET AWAY FROM MEEEE!!"

The scream came from none other than Leonardo Watch, who appeared to be literally terrified of something. That thing, though, was unseen. In fact, it looked like he was only screaming at thin air. And then, finally, that's when the gas began to take its effect on you as well. One by one, no matter how potent your body was, or resistant it was to toxins, you all began to see the same thing... figuratively speaking, at least.

In front of you all, your greatest fears had manifested before you.​

Agent 3 was initially terrified as the voice played from the tape - right off the bat. When the gas came in that Agent 3 hadn't noticed until too late, never mind who the one was who 'made' said gas come on in, which seemed to be driving everyone insane. Like others around her, the Inkling was exposed to the gas and lowered herself to the ground in anticipation of what could have been lethal...
By now, the gas had taken effect. The Inkling was to be suffering her greatest fears, but what were they - if anything at all? Looking up from the ground level and around her, all she would see is... what appeared to be her home - Inkopolis, falling apart. The Inkling's eyes went vacant in surprise, and fear - from her point of view, this was the city she had previously saved. Now, believing this was real, this was her hard work and effort put into this, now 'rewarding' her with the sight of what she protected... falling apart. "...No..." She muttered, and continuously under the effect of the toxins, she ran around and would witness more of the destroyed scene. The shops, all flattened. The Inkopolis tower, twisted and folded, no less fallen down, the Great Zapfish lifelessly next to it. Behind her, she hears minor motion noises - and when she turns around, gun in hand...

She stops, in surprise. What she sees before her, are the other Agents, in either awful condition, or a condition worse enough to be called dead - in which case, these phantoms of her allies were haunting her. "...What... what happened to you?!" She lashed out in fear and anger, as the phantoms themselves would approach Agent 3. "You left us." They said. "You abandoned us, the public, and everyone you swore to protect." All at once, they gripped the Inkling from all sides, pushing her around between them all, until one of them finally stops, moves aside, and the Inkling is pushed to the ground. "A hero has no place if they can't keep their world safe, never mind the lives in it - and above all, themselves." They added as one last thing, before Agent 3's angered scowl would slowly descend into laughter... and not the good kind - it was a hint of maniacal laughter.

Without warning, she suddenly leapt up and grabbed the nearest Agent in her fears - in this case, it would be Agent 8, by the collar. "Listen to me, you little brat." She said sharply, without a hint of remorse or anything other than rage in her tone. "What do 'you' know about being a hero? Do you wanna be one? Well, let me tell you... being a hero SUCKS." She then proceeded to let go of Agent 8 and swing her weapon at her before turning to the rest. "The path to becoming a hero is even worse than the experience, and even when you get to being this 'hero' you want to be, it's nowhere near worth the time and the effort - the work you do is passed off as some miracle, as nobody knows who to thank, isn't that right?!" Agent 3's eyes lit up with a hint of cyan-green and blue, as she seemed to be generating something in the palm of her hand. Then, she suddenly leaps up, and...

06c.gif

"What do you know... about being a hero...?" She asked rhetorically while in the air. "...When all that stand before me now are my different shadows?" The Inkling added - before plummeting back down to the ground and punching it with whatever she had generated. What followed, both in the real world and the hallucinations, was a circular explosion of green ink around Agent 3, which suitably coated anyone caught in the range of it. In the real world, it would depend, but in the hallucination, when she had finished, the phantoms were gone. "...You're just my shadows, allies or not, but... there's no way you'd... do that!" She said sharply to nobody, as she begins to tear up. "Just you try following me in what I did, and suffer the same... I dare you!" As she finished those words, the Inkling lowered herself to her knees, with a bundle of mixed emotions. Anger, sorrow, and fear - all at once. She's being haunted by her dead 'allies' and the home she 'failed' to protect, and the worst part is, she has no idea just how fake this all is...

She's fallen right into the trap.
Character Information
Link to CS: Here!
Hex Code: #61BD6D
Status (physically): Fine​
Status (mentally/emotionally): Scared silly (anger, sorrow, fear)​
Powers: Inkling (species abilities and traits)​
Items: Hero Shot, Splat Bombs, Splashdown​
Skills/Abilities: Highly mobile, leadership skills​
Course of action: Suffering the worst of fears​
RP Information
Interactions: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
Mentions: None​
Nearby/In Group: (Everyone?)​

• --Hiryu Kakogawa--
    Interaction: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

After a good while, Hiryu stopped his wailing, glaring at 'Sougo' as he finished shooting up the corpses. Sougo glanced at Hiryu as he stared at Hiryu trying to stand up.

"W̷h̵a̴t̸,̶ ̷c̵a̷n̷'̸t̶ ̸s̷t̴a̵n̶d̷ ̷i̵t̸?̶" 'Sougo' chuckled, walking towards Hiryu, crouching in front of him. "H̶e̶h̸e̶h̷e̴h̶.̴.̴.̵Y̶o̶u̵ ̶w̷e̴r̴e̵ ̴a̶l̶w̴a̷y̷s̵ ̸s̵o̷ ̴w̷e̸a̶k̷.̷ ̴S̴u̶r̷e̶,̸ ̵y̴o̵u̷'̴v̸e̵ ̵o̴v̵e̸r̶p̷o̷w̸e̵r̴e̴d̴ ̴m̶e̶ ̶s̷o̵m̴e̶t̶i̴m̴e̵s̵,̶ ̷b̵u̷t̴ ̶i̷n̵ ̶t̸h̸e̶ ̵e̵n̶d̷.̵.̸.̷I̵'̷m̶ ̶t̵h̴e̵ ̴o̴n̸e̸ ̵w̸h̷o̵ ̵c̶o̴m̶e̶s̶ ̵o̴u̸t̷ ̵o̵n̷ ̶t̶o̶p̶,̷ ̴a̷n̸d̵ ̶y̵o̸u̴ ̵w̵a̷n̶n̵a̷ ̵k̴n̸o̸w̴ ̷w̷h̷y̸?̷" He stands back up, pointing the gun at Hiryu's head. "B̸e̸c̷a̷u̵s̷e̴ ̶I̴ ̴w̴a̶s̷ ̴b̵o̸r̵n̸ ̷a̶ ̶k̴i̸n̴g̷.̷ ̴A̶n̸d̴ ̶y̴o̸u̵?̷ ̴Y̵o̴u̵'̷r̷e̶ ̷j̶u̵s̶t̷ ̴A̵n̶o̶t̷h̷e̴r̶ ̶R̷i̵d̶e̷r̶ ̴I̶'̵m̵ ̸s̴u̶p̶p̶o̵s̷e̵d̷ ̴t̷o̵ ̴b̷e̴a̶t̵.̶" With those words, Sougo took out the ridewatch from his belt and attached it onto the gun, causing the muzzle to glow bright pink.

FINISH TIME!

"B̷y̷e̷ ̴b̷y̶e̴ ̷n̸o̸w̵.̴.̷.̷K̷a̵k̷o̷g̶a̴w̵a̷ ̶H̶i̷r̵y̷u̷.̷" 'Sougo' giggled, before pulling the trigger.

Moments beforehand, Hiryu's life flashed before him. He recalled his life after his parents' death. He was bounced around from relative to relative until he eventually earned enough to support himself. All that time, the only thing keeping him going was his anger, the fact that if his parents can see him, they would be proud of him, somewhat.

They would tell him the same thing Sougo tried to tell him when he got defeated. Live in the present. Hiryu never wanted the memory of his parents to leave him. Ever, but he wanted to honor the wishes of his parents--for him to lead a happy and normal life.

This means that he should never die. Not to this sick illusion!

As if snapped awake, Hiryu brows furrowed at the Kamen Rider! Hiryu roared, raising his hand and smacked away the gun, much to Sougo's surprise, causing it to shoot somewhere else.

"W̸h̷a̸?̷!̸" 'Sougo' glanced at his shot, surprise that it has been redirected.

Hiryu growled as he struggled to stand up, wincing at the pain he felt at his shot leg. 'Sougo' was surprised by this, taken aback as Hiryu approached the Rider King.

"W̶a̷i̴t̴,̸ ̸n̸o̴,̵ ̷h̸-̵h̷o̵w̴ ̸c̴a̴n̸ ̶y̵o̶u̴-̷-̴?̸!̶" 'Sougo' would ask before suddenly getting punched in the face by Hiryu, causing the Rider to stumble down, landing on his butt. "N̷-̵n̴o̵.̴.̶.̶Y̵o̷u̶ ̸w̶e̸r̶e̵n̵'̶t̵ ̵t̸h̴i̷s̵ ̶s̷t̴r̷o̸n̷g̴ ̵b̸e̷f̸o̴r̷e̶!̸ ̵Y̸o̶u̴'̵r̸e̵ ̵n̵o̶t̶ ̶s̴u̴p̴p̸o̴s̵e̵d̷ ̴t̷o̴ ̴b̸e̴ ̷s̸t̴r̵o̵n̷g̸e̵r̵ ̵t̷h̴a̴n̴ ̶m̶e̵!̶"

"So what, just because I'm an Another Rider?!" Hiryu roared at 'Sougo', taking out the blank Ridewatch, glowing green as Sougo stared at it. "Yeah, sure. I'm no hero. I'm not even a good enough villain. Hell, I'm nothing more than a goddamn nobody!" He said, as the watched glowed brighter and brighter, soon pointing it at 'Sougo'. "But there are some things you can never take away from me--All of this! My life, my dreams, my hope, and my vengeance!" He tapped the button of the Ridewatch, causing it to burst in a grand black and gold flash, transforming the Ridewatch into something else as brilliant light erupted from Hiryu himself. A golden clock with an infinity sign appearing behind Hiryu as the japanese letters that read RIDER shot out of the clock, flying around Hiryu as it shrinks.

RIDER TIME!

KAMEN RIDER! BAR-LCK-XS!!

Golden rings form around the light as you can Another Zi-O being layered with armor, golden shoulder plates as well as a golden clockface. A green, cracked bug-like chestplate manifested over Another Zi-O's own armor, layered with a brown belt sash with a golden buckle to hold it tight. Another Zi-O's pure white body turned white, becoming more bug like in the process as his arms grew spikes akin to the legs of bettles.

"Tokiwa Sougo! My weakness does not make me an Another Rider." Hiryu spoke as the lights dimmed, the red letters slamming itself onto Hiryu's face, glowing bright crimson as he glared at his supposed counterpart. "It makes me a Kamen Rider!"

"T̵s̸k̴.̷.̷.̷W̵h̴a̴t̵ ̴t̴h̸e̷ ̴h̸e̵l̶l̸ ̷e̴v̷e̷n̶ ̶i̶s̵ ̸t̴h̷i̴s̴?̵" 'Sougo' shook his head, attracting the gun back to him, reverting it into a sword. "̵Y̷o̸u̴ ̵h̵o̶n̴e̶s̶t̵l̷y̷ ̷t̶h̸i̴n̴k̸ ̸i̶m̶a̷g̸i̷n̴i̴n̶g̵ ̵a̸ ̵k̴n̷o̷c̴k̶ ̷o̸f̵f̴ ̴w̸i̴l̶l̴ ̶b̷e̴a̶t̷ ̸m̴e̶?̵"

KEN!

"I don't know about you, but this feels pretty real." Hiryu answered, cracking his fist as he then clenched his left hand, placing it in front of his Driver and drawing out what seems to be a golden sword with a crystal like blade. "You'll watch as I take everything away from you!" He said as he pointed his blade at the Rider in front of him.

FINISH TIME!

"T̵r̴y̶ ̸i̴t̵,̶ ̸f̷a̷k̵e̸r̴!̸" 'Sougo' responded, and soon, the two Kamen Riders charged at one another, and almost in an instant, the two colided, swinging their blades.

There was silence...Nothing but silence until he heard the explosion alongside the call of his new driver.

BARLCKXS TIME BREAK!

Glancing behind him, Hiryu watched as a red slash mark on Sougo's body glowed brighter and brighter until he suddenly exploded...And just like that, Sougo was gone. Dead.

"...Finally..." Hiryu let out a grin under his new form. "After all these years...I've finally killed him." He chuckled, soon letting out a hearty laugh. "GAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AT LONG LAST, MY PARENTS HAVE BEEN AVENGED!" He laughed maniacally for a while, soon sighing as he rubbed his head. "Ugh...My head still feels like shit..." He groaned, rubbing his head.

To everyone else, it would look like Hiryu suddenly transformed into a new form, swung a sword, then suddenly laughed out loud about completing his revenge.

Thus was a weird day for our gang.

ʙʟᴀᴋᴇ ʙᴇʟʟᴀᴅᴏɴɴᴀ
━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
Then, he just had to open his mouth again to fling insults at her. It didn’t really affect her that much up until the point where he acted like Cardin and began insulting her based on her cat ears. It was one thing to insult someone on their appearance, which was already easy to do, especially for him, but for her? Her entire race was already treated like this, being insulted for how they looked, and here he was, acting the same as those that chose to do it.

Blake’s hands balled up into a fist, ready to correct him, but Hiryu looked at her and tried to stop her. And he was right, if she just responded, she’d only prove him right. For now, she gave him a death glare before looking at Yang who was already pissed. “
Yang, don’t. The last thing we need is another fight.

After Jason had gone up to punch Falcon, getting him to stop, Megumin had pressed play on the recorder and before anything could come out of it, the sound of a crow screeching was loud enough for all of them to hear. She immediately reached for Gambol Shroud, looking around before a voice came through the recorder. Following that, gas began to fill the alleyway before a man appeared in front of all of them, saying that they’d face their fears.

Was this what Jason was talking about? It had to be, what else could it be? Looking at everyone as she tried to cover her mouth and nose with her arm. “
Everyone! None of this is real, it’s all a hallucination!” Everything went dark before the darkness went away to show the alleyway again. This time, when she looked around, everyone was… they were all dead, with stab wounds and slashes.

Yang… Weiss… Arthur...Leo…” Eventually, she saw the familiar figure of a man with red and brown hair, bull horns on his head, a Grimm mask, in a black and white suit, and a sword in his hand. Immediately, her eyes widened as she took her weapon out and stared at him. This was… no… how could he still be alive?! Her and Yang, they…

...Adam?!

Adam simply smirked at her, shaking the blood off of his sword. “
Hello, darling. Miss me?” In response, Blake raised her weapon at him in katana form. “You… You died, me and Yang killed you!” The male chuckled before staring at her from behind the mask. “You mean that girl that you’re always with? Tell me something, Blake: you going to abandon her like you did me? Like you did the White Fang? Is she just your newest toy now? YOU left me, you left ALL of us! Then again, you were always good at running from your problems. And to answer how I’m still alive, I was barely alive, but the waters carried me to safety. I guess it was there for me in my time of need, unlike you.

This made Blake respond in anger, looking at him. “
I’m not running anymore! Not from you and not from my friends!” Adam rolled his eyes from behind his mask and was about to open his mouth again before one of the bodies began to move, albeit very weakly. When Blake looked, she saw that it was Yang who was moving. “Yang!

Yang tried to get up, looking at Adam with her blood red eyes. “
Leave… her… ALONE…!” This didn’t last very long as she was then stabbed through the neck by Adam, making Blake run at him to slash at his chest with tears going down her face. Quickly, he pulled the sword out of Yang’s neck and blocked it, keeping her weapon locked with hers before he kicked her away. "Still weak as always, Blake. You couldn't have saved them like you are now, you're weak."

As she slid back, she saw him walking towards him and that’s when she remembered: this was a hallucination. She and Yang had seen Adam die after they had stabbed him and he fell into the water. “
No… this isn’t real. You aren’t real, you’re dead. I’m not afraid of you anymore, Adam, this is just the gas causing this.

This caused Adam to become enraged. “
What are you talking about?! NONE of this is REAL?! Even US?! Fine… we’ll see how real it is for you once you join your friends!” He ran at her and Blake stood there with her eyes closed. The footsteps got closer and closer until eventually, they stopped and she opened her eyes to see that it was back to normal. “Goodbye, Adam...

Now that it was back to normal, she had to help her teammates. Looking at Yang, who was next to her, she wiped her tears away and placed a hand on her shoulder, shaking her as she saw Lucky trying to help both Weiss and Yang. “
Yang! Whatever you’re seeing, it isn’t real! It’s a hallucination!

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- , Thepotatogod Thepotatogod , marc122 marc122 , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , P PopcornPie
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
As she was continuing to look for clues and trying to ignore the man that chose to insult Blake’s appearance so that she didn’t blow up like the last few times, she looked back to see that Megumin had pushed the button on the device she and Jason found, making it play whatever was on it. Before that happened, the screeching of a crow could be heard by everyone, which made her stop and put a hand on her sword handle before listening to the voice. While the voice had a point, they had to do what needed to be done to save the multiverse and all of the lives in it, even if they had to end lives.

She just hoped that any future lives that she would help take weren’t innocent lives that hadn’t done anything wrong.

Then, the alleyway began to fill with gas before the same voice said that they would have to face their fears and manifested itself in a man in a hood. Ciri tried to cover her mouth and nose so that she couldn’t breathe it in, but it was too late, she ended up breathing it in.

Soon… the gas would take effect. Before everything went dark, she could hear Blake yell something about this not being real. That’s right, this was all going to be a hallucination, it wasn’t real no matter how much it felt real. When the darkness went away, she looked around to see that she was… back at Kaer Morhen?

It was snowing too, but she recognized what was happening when she looked around and saw Geralt, Lambert, and Eskel frozen, along with all the other melee users as well as the rest of those that were with all of them. That was… until she saw Vesemir was fine and trying to get her to saftey and it finally hit her: this was when the Wild Hunt attacked them all.

And she knew what would come next.

Within a matter of minutes, she stood there as she watched… no, not again. Turning her head away, she closed her eyes and when she began to hear her screams fueled with her powers, she opened her eyes.

Ciri knew how this played out, why even try to block it out and why even be afraid of it? However, this entire memory changed when she looked over to where the others were to see that they were freed of their frozen state and the first two running towards her were... Geralt and Yennefer. They were followed by Triss, Keira, and the others and she froze.

No… stay back! Please!

Everything went white for a few seconds as she heard the agonizing screams from everyone before it returned to normal to look and see around her that they were all… they were all on the ground, bleeding out of their ears. And the worst part about all of this? They weren’t breathing, none of them were except for herself.

Despite knowing that this wasn’t real… she couldn’t hold the tears back.

It got worse when the scene changed to back in the voodoo shop when her powers started to malfunction and she began to lose control. Unlike how it actually happened, this was a different version of events. As she let out her scream, a powerful burst of energy came from her and began to cause an explosion that shot out through the entire shop. When it was over, she looked to see that everyone in the shop ended up like Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, and everyone else from the scene at Kaer Morhen.

Kassandra.. Aloy… Corvo.. Price… Megumin…

They weren’t moving but this time, they were all bleeding out of their mouths. And this was when the truth came back and hit her… no matter what, she was a danger to everyone with her powers. In both occasions, it was because of her emotions, but the first time was also because… Maybe it was better if she just locked her emotions away and retreated from all of her relationships with everyone. It was all she could do to prevent this from happening, from hurting everyone with her powers.

As this happened, the green mist began to surround her as she fell to her knees. But this time, when she would lose control… only she would pay the price.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

--Hiryu Kakogawa--
Interaction: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher

As Hiryu regains his overall composure, he spots a familiar looking mist mixing in along with the yellow one. His eyes widened under his mask as he realized what's going to happen again.

Oh f u c k.

"Goddammit, not again!" Hiryu turned to the source of the green mist, following it to see Ciri, knelt down on the ground, her face distraught. "Hey! Ciri!" He yelled as he knelt in front of the witcher, putting his new form's hands on her shoulders. "Ciri, calm down! Whatever the hell you're seeing here ain't real!" He says, overhearing what the others had said before he got affected. "It's a goddamn illusion, you hear me?! It ain't real, so wake the hell up!"

ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
Feeling that her powers were about ready to lose control, she figured that maybe, she should let it happen. It didn’t matter anymore, everyone was dead. That was... until she remembered how this happened. Before, they were at a camp, right? And that they had just gotten there from the voodoo shop, and now, they were in an alleyway.

This wasn’t real... none of it was.

Remembering Blake’s words, she looked at all of it and felt two hands on her shoulders. “
It’s not real...” Just like that, the illusion began to break. “None of it is...” It broke even more before she looked down. “All it is, is some sort of magic trick, an illusion... this is all fake...” And right then and there, the illusion shattered, returning her back to the alleyway with Hiryu shaking her and telling her to snap out of it.

Ciri looked up at him, nodding. “
Thank you...” Wiping her tears away, she started to suppress her powers and as she did, she looked around to first see Kassandra being broken by whatever it was she was seeing. Getting up as she continued to suppress the powers, she ran over to Kassandra and placed her hands on her shoulders, shaking her.

Once she heard that Kassandra acknowledged that it wasn’t real, it would hopefully make Ciri’s job snapping her out of it easier. “
Kassandra, listen to me! You know that whatever it is you’re seeing isn’t real! Snap out of it! It’s a trick, that’s all it is!

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod , FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla

• Kassandra felt... trapped. There was no way out of this, no way to convince the mob that she wasn't a serial killer. A monster. They were right to get their justice, right?

Not according to her allies.​

Shockingly enough, the first to start snapping her out was Lucky, of all people. She heard a voice sounding like the crazy rabbit declaring it was fake, and a push on her (since she was wearing her Hephaestus Suit sans the helmet, she couldn't feel his fur). This would have very well been the final nail in the coffin to make her believe she was insane had it not been for another voice, one that she trusted a lot more. Ciri's voice, gradually getting louder and permeating itself into her nightmare. That, and she could definitely feel herself being shaken.

"Kassandra, listen to me! You know that whatever it is you’re seeing isn’t real! Snap out of it! It’s a trick, that’s all it is!

And with that last sentence, Kassandra finally saw Ciri within her nightmare, holding the Greek tight. Her Spear of Leonidas extended outwards stopped shaking as her brown eyes focused on her ashen-haired friend, before finally nodding. However, if this was a nightmare, she had to break out of it all the way, by any means necessary.

With her free hand, she gently took Ciri's hands off her shoulders before staring right at the advancing mob. Of course, to Ciri and the others out of their hallucinations, it would look like Kassandra was still just as crazy as she was a few moments ago, but she was in control now. Not this nightmare.

"I'm sorry," was all the warrior murmured to the victims' families just before drawing her Hero's Sword, running right into the imaginary mob and slicing forwards to disperse them with a Spartan battlecry. They vanished into dust, leaving just the madman. She turned to her invisible foe, who clapped softly at her renewed resolve.

"It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him." The masked tormenter merely spoke. Once again, it would seem like Kassandra was uttering the madman's lines aloud- though this time, it was much shakier.

"I never called myself a hero." The Greek remarked, with a hint of remorse still tinted in her voice as she shook her head at her vision. At the same time, Kassandra's tormentor and nightmarish surroundings began to crack like broken glass, and the corpses strewn throughout Crime Alley began dissipating into dust.

"Whatever you say, Eagle Bearer. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. Even now... after all you've done... you can still make things right. Lucky you." The madman's voice grew softer, which was reflected in the Greek's imitation of him. Once he finished speaking, he- alongside the hellish tree- shattered, leaving the true appearance of Crime Alley and its suffering inhabitants.
    Unaware of the fact that she probably looked extremely insane speaking someone else's lines and talking to herself, the brunette turned to Ciri before nodding, a sad smile appearing on her lips. The Witcheress probably heard her ramblings about the blood she's spilled, so the secret was out. She expected a confrontation about it later, but for now they needed to get everyone else out.

"Thank you... Thank you so much. I don't think I could've gotten out of that if it weren't for your help." And with that, she turned her attention to both Aloy and Corvo, both of whom seemed trapped within their own nightmares. Meanwhile, Ikaros had just gotten through his own nightmare- perhaps the one time being a sentient bird was a bad thing- and after landing on Kassandra's shoulder, he let off a quick chirp. Both Ciri and Kassandra would be able to translate that to "I'm not talking about my incident at all."

"Whatever, Ikaros. We gotta help the others get out of their state, before things get out of control." She quickly assessed the situation, her eyes glancing at the others. Ben was creating fires for Sage to escalate, and as much as she hated to say it, the group needed Alexis the malaka, who had turned herself into a sobbing mess in a corner, to stop Sage. But Ciri sure as Hades probably wouldn't want to get close to Alexis... so the duty of waking the kitsune fell to the Eagle Bearer.

"Okay. Ciri, help Corvo out. Ikaros, get Aloy, and I'll try to see what we can do about these gods-damned flames." She gestured at the escalating flames, which were thankfully being fought off by Benrey, giving the group extra time to stop this horror show before it got worse. And thus the Spartan sprinted right at Alexis, taking the shortest path to the fox... even through the flames. The armor resisted the heat, and with her mobility she didn't stay in the flames for more than a second. Still, she instinctively rolled once to make sure any potential flames were extinguished before reaching the fox-mother.

"Wake up, malaka! Whatever you're seeing isn't as bad as what Sage is seeing, and he's gonna actually kill us all if you don't stop him!" Okay, perhaps this wasn't the best way to wake someone out of a nightmare, but it sure as Hades would probably get her attention. And that was what Kassandra needed. To emphasize this, she slapped Alexis in the face. Hard. Maybe that was payback for haranguing Ciri, and maybe it was actually to snap the depressed fox out of her state. Whatever the case, she sure as shit hoped it worked.

"That, and none of that stupid shit is real!"

Meanwhile, Ikaros took off, flying through the alleyway to his destination- Aloy Despite the Nora.

Without hesitation, the Golden Eagle let out a piercing screech, potentially getting everyone's attention in the alleyway if they could hear through their nightmares.

Regardless if that helped or not, Ikaros would then dive bomb Aloy's head, landing upon the redhead before tilting his head downwards. To Aloy, it would probably look like the bird was staring at her upside-down before letting off a greetings chirp, spreading his wings way too far for Helis' cage to fit him. More likely than not, this would end up being extremely jarring to see his wings "clip" through the bars, but it would also be just another way for Aloy to realize she was just reliving a bad memory.​

Last edited:

In the corner of the alleyway, a different set of flames danced about the newfound member of the team, as Kyou's blood boiled. His clothes slowly burned off, but his skin didn't, his body merely heating thanks to the immense temperatures they gave off to him. Fevers were the way the body combats foreign agents in their bloodstream, as such, what Kyou was doing, despite being mighty uncomfortable, was forcing a fever on himself.

It just seemed to work to him, yet...He could hear「him.

"You seem enranged, Balance Breaker." The so-called Soul of the Universe spoke to him, his voice gave off the sensation of bellow zero ice running down his back. Kyou's fist slammed on the ground, breaking concrete and sending dust-up, as he slowly got up. The edges of his vision weren't orange, and he could feel his eyes returning to normal. But his voice was still like a whisper. Distant, yet ever so close to him.

Looking behind him, he could see the others, all affected as well by the fear gas. Kyou coughed and placed a hand over his mouth and nose. Some were waking up, some were fighting back!

"...And yet, some are still too weak to properly go against their own fears." The voice spoke with a disappointed sigh. Kyou kept ignoring him. He knew he wasn't real, he knew he was sealed- forbidden from entering story again. "Tell me, Balance Breaker. Surely, you're not afraid of me, right? Even if I did come back...I'd be weak. I'd be nothing but a twig, capable of snapping with the highest of touches, going back to the perpetual realm of nothingness once more."

Caw, caw. Kassandra's ear pierced Kyou's ears, as he looked about- Sage was there. The boy, he was...

"....Build up!"

His hands lighted themselves up with flames, another wisp of fire formed. Kyou could feel his emotions flowed through him, acting as a medium alongside his willpower to form this...Whatever this was. He never did something quite like this before, but these weren't literal flames. No, they were much like conceptual flames. Taking the form of something positive, inheriting positive emotions, and passing them on to the others in a way that while small, might truly aid mentally...

"...That's right. That's what you don't want to acknowledge, right? You're not afraid of me coming. You're not afraid of my brothers and sisters coming back. No...All you'd be is enraged. You stopped fearing me once I was broken into a million stars. No, Balance Breaker, it's something else you're afraid, right?"

...Soon, the wisp was released from Kyou's hands and shined brightly like a comfortable flame
above everyone's heads. The oni with charred clothes breathed heavily, his body having hot mist coming out of it. "Haaah...Everyone's who's awake...Help one another out like they doin' it! I already did...My part...!"

Your part. That's right, you're not afraid of me.
Kyou froze.
You're afraid of what I bring. Of what I brought. The death of your loved ones, me stealing their will from you, stealing your father and mother, stealing a future where you could have been normal.

You will fight, yet, as you fight, you know that deep down, no matter what you say, no matter how huge your spirit is...You won't be able to stop the pain the plagued the world eons ago. At least not completely.

The pain that'll it'll bring you. The pain of losing those you care about. Of them losing you, too.
"...Yea, that's right. I'm deathly afraid of something like you or worse comes back to steal away my happy ending." The oni spoke softly, low enough so nobody could hear it. "...But you know what? I'd be a damn hypocrite if I just went into a fetal position here after what I said...It's painful, but...I'll keep goin'. You already know that. I'll keep goin', no matter how heavy the blows are, no matter how painful it is...After all...It's the only thing I can do."

There was silence for a moment before only a chuckle came from his head.
...Then so be it.

Just be aware, Kagutsuchi-no-mikoto. One day...You'll meet a weight so great that not even you will be able to lift it up.

I look forward to seeing what you will try to do, then.

Soon...The presence of the leader of the Kotoamatsukami disappeared from his mind, as Kyou just chuckled, even with the heavy burden inside his heart. It felt heavy, but not impossibly so. Even despite this...He got himself up despite his clothes being mostly burned off, as he looked up at the wisp of flames he summoned, before snapping his fingers, the wisp becoming stronger, as the conceptual flames did their best to save his team by taking whatever form, feeling, or voice that could help them...

"Kagutsuchi...C'mon, brain. Even I know that I ain't no god...I'm Kyou Tana, and that's final, desu yo."

Last edited:

Soma Cruz & Shanoa

Shanoa is getting tired with all this dodging. Albus has his gun pointed at her. "This...This not real. This is a trick!" She realized "Albus, you're nothing but an illusion. Shoot me, I will still live. You are nothing but a hallucination, messing with my mind. If only...If only I were to wake up from this-" Her words cut off at the sound of a bird screeching, which finally got back to her sense and regain her composure. "The real Albus...is no longer here. He made a sacrifice...and I took it to heart. Begone, illusion. You're deception will never cloud my mind again." As she said, the nightmare is over. Everything went back to normal. Shanoa looks around at her teammates still in agony. She turns around and sees her partner Soma...standing with his Valmanway in hand.

It looks like he is okay. He isn't curled up in a ball wincing or anything. "Soma! You finally got out of that nightmare." Shanoa would approach him, but with every step, she begins to feel something wrong, as of something sinister is grabbing her. "Soma? Are you okay?" She begins to slow herself down as she reaches her hand to him.

"Soma, are you alright-"

SCHIK!

Out from completely nowhere, Soma stabs Shanoa deeply. She was shocked, blood coming out from her mouth. "S...Soma...w-why...?" Shanoa would ask as she looks down at her partner. Soma looks up at her with a very terrifying smile and say
"Soma...is dead." As he pulls his sword off of her, Shanoa fell to the floor, bleeding out. Soma turns back and starts laughing. "It has been years. Many, many, years. All of humanity has made one grave mistake...and it is now time for me to return the favor." He glanced back at Shanoa as she looks at him with complete terror in her eyes. "How does it feel, Shanoa? To be betrayed by one of your comrades? That is one part of why humanity is flawed; they will do anything for their own being, even if it meant backstabbing." He spoke before he proceeds to kick Shanoa by the wound.

Soma is gone.

Dracula has been reborn.

Someone stop him.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore @everyoneelse​

When Kyou heard the stabbing sound from someone he didn't know, his eyes widened instantly.

FUCK!

Kyou was very, very glad he woke up this fast. Instantly, his body moved on his own. He had no context as to who these two were, he just knew that they were once a part of his team and that one of the two stabbed the other. As such, he had no qualms to raise his fist to punch the white-haired boy in the face.

Kyou moved fast- faster then one might expect. In one moment, his form was in the spot he once was. On the other...He disappeared, only an afterimage in his place. The dust from the alleyway raised itself up from the ground with his speed, and very few people would possibly be able to see him coming given how immense his speed was, but...As Kyou approached Soma, or rather, Dracula, the vampire lord could see just a blur, before an immense force would move right towards his gut.

9be2d78175eedc964ebae19b4d8cc591e297cb52_hq.gif

Devil Style: Blooming Sakura
Open Pam Position

A punch to the gut at full force, followed by his hands forming together in an almost prayer-like position, once more attempting to hit the boy in the chest. If it hit, the force would be immense. Blood would certainly gush out, although not in a way that would possibly kill the boy. The Way of the Open Palm is an alternate style of the Devil Style, used to half Kyou's strength in half, and use it in non-lethal scenarios. He was hoping to knock Soma out before he could properly heal whoever he stabbed.

"FUCK...OFF! SNAP OUT OF IT, YA CREEP!!"

Users who are viewing this thread