Benrey
Price’s plan was actually great, since there would be two or more people acting as bait, and can increase their chances of finding the lair of this person, or their identity. Of course, Pennington went forward and tried to copy and paste Price’s plan as his own, but Benrey said once more in Scout’s voice “Yeah yeah.... we get it.... you copy plans like you copy someone’s homework or test at high school..... but that was a great plan Price.... but it needs a bit more touch in it....” as he put a hand on his chin as he thought of something. Before the speaking of Megumin talking about the face of this man that he is copying gave him a idea. Immediately going to the side of Megumin, he said out loud “Hey... can you check the ToolGun to see if there are any trackers, so that we know the location of where we are. After all, relying on sight alone is not good if the kidnapper has some tricks on his side.” as he waited for Megumin to respond.
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie jigglesworth jigglesworth @ TRAP team

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Antecipatory, Amused, Cheerful
Tags: (GM)
, (Megumin)

-Art Credits--
Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
He had been muttering the Arrays to himself under his breath, just to make sure that he still remembered exactly their formations after such a long time, barely paying attention to what the others had been talking about. It did seem like the plan was changing a bit though, from bating with objects to baiting with people themselves. Huh, that put two of these out of use since they were only to be used on objects and not people... At least it sounded like they had stopped fighting now! Which was good, if there was something that had been established as an issue during the past situations was a lack of teamwork.

Then came the unexpected question from Megumin and he couldn't help but burst out in laughter:

" 'Specific color'? Pffft, By the Gods, Missy! You're going to break me one of these days~!", it went on for a couple minutes as he tried stopping, but that was just so amusing for some reason, "Any color is fine, silly... Just give me whichever is easier to grab. Honestly, I could just pour the salt on the table and write with it and the effect would be the exact same! ...But then that'd be like a huuuuge waste of salt, so I think the marker would be much better."

Last edited:
Lilith
Lilith.png
"Yeah that sounds kinda sucky, I lost mine and had to look for it for a whole week, turns out it was in the couch cushions so yeah I know how that feels." Lilith responds to him. "So you must be one of the people that went missing right?"

Interactions:

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Ghost T.)

Akari "Paladin" Kishiri

After Pennington explained the game plan, Akari opted to join the Search Team. If there was a chance that something nasty was going to jump out at them during the search, he figured he could provide some heal support. He and the others went into the engine room, with its smokey odor, and before long, they ran into a ghost.

He was kinda cute, actually...
The Toad Ghost, who had introduced themselves as "Ghost T.", explained that he had died on the train many years prior, and that his diary was missing. Akari wanted to pat Ghost T. on his little, incorporeal head, but he remembered that the Toad was, well, for lack of a better term, incorporeal. "We'll help you get your diary back, don't you worry. If there's anything else you can tell us, please do. I would very much like to help a spirit like yourself find rest." Ghost T. had mentioned the prospect of his diary being cursed, and so Akari cocked his head towards everyone else. "We'd better do as he says regarding that diary. I'd very much like to remain curse-free."

Interactions:
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore
@SearchTeam
(Open for Interactions)

ʙʟᴀᴋᴇ ʙᴇʟʟᴀᴅᴏɴɴᴀ
━━━━━━━ ● ━━━━━━━
At this point, Blake had reached the room her, Weiss, and Yang shared, going in and closing the door behind her. Reaching her bed, she laid down on it, grabbed a pillow and buried her face in it. Right now, in her state, she wouldn’t be able to help complete the investigation.

So Blake would remain there and try to get out of the depression state, which meant more crying. The crying amplified when her mind wandered back to what happened in the bathroom, both yesterday and earlier today before it wandered back to the source of her pain, Blake’s grip on the pillow now being shaky. For now, she was out of commission.

━━━━━━━━━━
ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
It was then that Price finally joined them. “Good morning, Price. And that does sound like a shame, I wanted to see what Corvo could do.” Hearing that Pennington had taken her idea as well, she facepalmed. Seriously, couldn’t he have came up with his own ideas instead of stealing them? Megumin then asked what kind of detective steals credit from others, in which she looked at her. “Apparently a bad one and one who’s unoriginal.

Everyone began to get into groups, making Ciri think. While she could volunteer as bait, she’d probably benefit more from investigating with the other team. Price proceeded to suggest his own idea and he had a very good one. Sadly, she didn’t have access to the Signs all witcher’s had, so she wouldn’t be able to rely on using Axii to get the kidnapper to tell them. But that job was mostly for the trap group, so she didn’t need to worry about that. “
That’s right, all of the items are personal, throwaway or not. So it would be reasonable to assume that whoever is acting as bait would need to use items personal to that specific person.

Pennington then took Price’s idea for his own and she stared at Price. “
Does he always do this? Take ideas from others as his own?” Sighing, she got up. “I benefit more with the other team, so you all can handle things from here. Or well, I know the competent ones, including Megumin with the competent ones, can handle things from here.” Ciri walked out, following where the others went to find them talking with a ghost and her hand flew up to her sword before she let go a second later, realizing that this wasn’t a harmful ghost. It certainly didn’t look like a wraith or any subspecies of ghost that she knew of, this was just a regular ghost.

As everyone else was asking the ghost questions, picking up on the fact that this one had the diary and had been dead for longer than four days, she took this time to look around the room for anything odd or strange. Looks like either Pennington got his information wrong or someone else with a diary had been taken.

jigglesworth jigglesworth , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , P PopcornPie , @ search team

Last edited:
Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long
Engineer's Car, Excess Express
#99D5FF and #FAC51C = Speech
(Investigating) (Look at me. I'm the survey now.)

"Don't sweat it." Yang said, smiling towards Lilith, before turning her attention back to Ghost T., who had began to recount the fateful day.

'He was scaring passengers, like usual, according to him,' she noted, 'but never once had he seen the perpetrator. Hmm, odd.'

Lucky declared that questioning had already concluded due to the nature of his account. To Yang, however, the group had to get a few more details for what had happened when his diary disappeared. Even if she failed, she at least put in the effort to ask additional questions about the diary's disappearance.

"Few more questions: Did you notice anything off that night? Were there any people who were acting...differently from usual?"

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM, Ghost T.), P PopcornPie (Lucky), Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Gretar), Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts (Sora), ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials (Lilith), Zamasu Zamasu (Soma), quadraxis201 quadraxis201 (Akari), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri), @SearchGang

As Ben, Whisper, Another Ghost and Lucky made their ways to the other end of the room and followed the scent, his advanced sense of smell would eventually lead him to none other than...

PMCS_Toad_Conductor.png

Another toad! And this one appeared to be quite dirty, covered in stains from head to toe. Well, you assumed he was, because he appeared to be upside down in a small crate, one which perfectly squeezed around his little body. He was desperately kicking his stubby little legs back and forth, while his muffled screams could be heard from inside the crate.

Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod P PopcornPie

Ghost T. would shrug in response to Lucky. "Beats me. It's been years since I've seen that thing." He would reply in an all too casual sounding tone, before he turned back to face Lilith. "Nnnnooo... sorry. I just kinda live here. It's my diary that went missing." Ghost T. said, and then he turned to look at Akari. "Well... not really. I kinda just hang around here and scare people with the whole 'Who disturbs my slumber' bit. Honestly, it's pretty good, especially when you consider the fact that the lack of any digestive system basically means I don't need to worry about eating or drinking or going to the bathroom, so I basically get to stay here all day."

As Ciri took a look around the room, she would notice a strange liquid seeping out from underneath the engine...

"Nope and nope." Ghost T. replied to Yang with a shake of his head. "Everything was pretty normal that night. Everyone on the train was acting normal, at least, and I personally didn't see anything off with anybody." He shrugged.

marc122 marc122 TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher P PopcornPie ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials quadraxis201 quadraxis201 Zamasu Zamasu Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts

"Well then," Pennington said as he turned back towards the cabins, continuing to ignore everyone who called him out for ripping off ideas all the while. "There's no point in dilly dallying here! We've got a thief to catch!" He exclaimed as he waved you all over with his arm and began to make his way back towards the cabins in question.

jigglesworth jigglesworth Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts Thepotatogod Thepotatogod P PopcornPie Zamasu Zamasu

• Soma Cruz

Soma had a bit of a thought. Ghost T had been scaring people and did not get to see who stole his diary. Soma finds it odd. "Before your diary was stolen, where did you last place it? Maybe we could get some clues from there." He asked.

@SearchTeam​

As Ben, Whisper, Another Ghost and Lucky made their ways to the other end of the room and followed the scent, his advanced sense of smell would eventually lead him to none other than...

PMCS_Toad_Conductor.png

Another toad! And this one appeared to be quite dirty, covered in stains from head to toe. Well, you assumed he was, because he appeared to be upside down in a small crate, one which perfectly squeezed around his little body. He was desperately kicking his stubby little legs back and forth, while his muffled screams could be heard from inside the crate.

"Raarrr yuuur arrraaiit?" Wildmutt, in his difficult to translate tongue, asked the Toad as he ripped the walls of the crate from the inside, breaking it enough for the Toad to move freely and grabbing the little fellow with his frontal paws, putting him down on the floor.

Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod P PopcornPie thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
Seeing the liquid, she got down on the ground and looked underneath the engine. If she couldn't see it due to darkness, she would get up and look at the others. "
Do any of you have anything that can produce light that isn't flammable? I found something but I can't see what it is."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , @ search gang

• PicsArt_07-01-11.47.03.png
    Megumin's eyes fluttered at Ciri, who could hear the archmage's trilling heart from wherever she herself stood. "Hemhemhemhemhem! It's about time someone saw me as competent!" She chuckled boastfully, pressing a fist to its corresponding hip. With her other hand bearing her staff, she waved to Ciri as she left.

Now it was time to get busy with the ToolGun. Sage laughed at her inquiry, which futher flared up her indignance. "I just wanted to be sure!" Then, with a cute little "pop!", the ToolGun produced a vermillion marker. "Here, please take this one."

Benrey also contributed a great idea, and she started flipping through the gun's inventory for trackers. "I ought to see if I can spawn a new communicator for myself, too..." She ended up causing the pistol to spit out a small pile of GPS's for the lot, and, for herself, wireless headphones with a microphone attached. "That should do it. Now let's find this villain!"

She scuttled as close to the pack as possible, hoping to not be mistaken for a member of the bait team.

Benrey
He ignored Pennington as he waited for Megumin to give the trackers to them, after all, having a way of being found easily if the culprit made his escape with you is much easier than just using sight alone. Yelling out the group, he said “Don’t leave yet.... we need to get some trackers so that we can locate each other easily if we get lost or kidnapped, so unless you want or be a easy target that cannot be tracked easily, be my guest...” as he warned the entire group, because imagine you get kidnapped and someone is either not around to see it, or your allies are unable to follow you. And after the GPS’s were spawned by Megumin, he grabbed one and placed it into one of his back pockets, while saying “Yup.... these will do. Now, next step is to walk around and act normal.... that I can do.” as he waited for the others to get ready, before going to leave the train car as well.
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie @ TRAP group

Lilith
Lilith.png
"Uh thanks I guess." Lilith says in response to Yang and Lucky reliving her. She also shrugs as a response to Ghost T saying that he wasn't one of the missing people. "I'll be honest, it kinda sucks that had to happen to you."

Interactions:
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (Ghost. T)
P PopcornPie (Lucky)
marc122 marc122 (Yang)

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Determined, Awe-struck, Helpful
Tags: (GM)
, (Megumin),
, (Benrey),
, (Rex),
(Hiryu),
(Shanoa)

-Art Credits--
Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
"Ohhh, thank you~!"

With childlike excitement, Sage had taken the marker, turning from Megumin to the sequence of napkins with extreme anticipation. He had been so focused into the task at hand, that his tunnel-sightedness impeded him of listening to even the white-haired woman's words with the proper attention. Otherwise, he might have revelled into the fact she had indirectly referred to him as competent too, which, might be one of the best things he had even called, not to mention quite unexpected given the nature of his powers and their tendency to make a never-ending fiery mess.

But no, instead he had been thinking over of how he wanted to do this, the butt of the marker against his face for a moment, until he finally took off the tip and put himself to scribbling. If someone had thought this was about to be a map or something of the like, it would become very clear that this was not the case as the drawings that came to be were some interesting fantasy-ish symbols; Each made out of 2 to a max of 5 strokes, in average 3, quite different amongst themselves.

"Zh̀era-lô, idúoji, Básiwàt, sîag-she, seîzhr." (Era-loo, iuoji, Asiwit, siiags-hie, seiizhir.), the pyromancer recited to himself in a weirdly rhythmical monotone, as he wrote them down on the very first napkin. It was a pentagon layout with each symbol resting as close to the ends of the paper as possible, whichever 'Era-loo' corresponded to, however, it wasn't put down yet, leaving the top of the formation empty for now.

"Zh̀era-lô, idúoji, àlthonin Buêol, kashèa, seîzhr." (Era-loo, iuoji, ilt-hi-onin Bueeol, kashia, seiizhir.), the second one, written on the very last napkin was very similar to the first one, also drawn as a pentagon. However, two symbols occupied the third position together and 'Era-loo' was actually written down this time leaving a full layout up for display.

"Zh̀era-lô, Rupông, zhnâptì, mèây, sîag-she." (Era-loo, Rupoong, zhinaapt, maay, siiags-hie.), the third one was drawn on the middle napkin, another pentagon layout. Whichever reason there had been to not write down 'Era-loo' for the first one it took a while to appear again, as the symbol patterns continued to be filled out by complete.

"Zh̀era-lô, Buêol, fuênòg, kashèa." (Era-loo, Bueeol, fueenig, kashia.), middle-left, this one was a diamond shape, or cardinals if one would prefer calling it that way, "Zh̀era-lô, Buêol, Tághaw, kashèa." (Era-loo, Bueeol, Ag-hiaw, kashia.), middle-right, almost the same as the last one save for the third symbol being different and 'Era-loo' not getting written down once more, leaving the top blank.

Having drawn most of them down, Sage couldn't help but stop briefly to admire his work, oddly proud of still knowing exactly how the Arrays went despite not having done magic like this for at least ten years now. He turned around to finally explain what in the world he had been doing but then it seemed like the group was moving on without him again... And not just moving on with the discussion, nope, they were physically moving on! This whole thing had apparently taken a bit too much time.
He sighed, about to quit, but once more defiance seemed to bubble up and power some sort of resolution.

Unfortunately, this meant leaving an unfinished salad back at his table as he'd not be able to finish it. With a longing, regretful gaze back towards the salad bowl, the young man held up the Sign on the Heart as an apology for a couple of seconds, then picked up all of the drawn napkins and the marker:

"Leo! Alexis! It seems we have to go help Pennington with the investigation now!", he let them know to join over with the others, but was a bit too exasperated and excited to actually wait for them, instead, rushing in front and attempting to get the Trap Group to stop just short of entering the next train car, "Guys, guys! Wait! I need to finish this before we go!!", the young man appealed in shallow breaths, already dropping the napkins on the floor and sitting beside them before anyone else could have said anything.

Explanation time!

"Okay so, I'm about to show you guys how people not like me do Magic where I come from. So, these are Rune Arrays, you can ask questions later, each one has a different effect...", he proceeded to separate two of them from the others, the first and second ones drawn, "These two are Teleportation, Departure in the left, Arrival in the right, so if I do this...", Sage pulled the first object he could out of his pocket, which turned out to be his dead and slightly melted cellphone, then placed it on the very center of the Departure napkin, "...and finish it, then it shooould..", as soon as 'Era-loo' had been drawn in place, the cellphone was engulfed in a soft dark almost black glow and disappeared...

Only to reappear half a second later with a pure white glow on top of the middle of the other napkin
, the one that had been called 'Arrival'. The pyromancer's eyes widened with amazement and there was almost a squeal of utmost joy:

"Mighty Beasts in the Sky, it actually works off-world, this is great!!", but hey! Time was limited, so putting his delight aside for once, he continued to explain, "And these three here are Trigger, Siren and Illumination. Trigger is well, like a button, you set it up to detect things and chain it to another Array and they work together. For example...", he took the cellphone out of the Arrival Array, though he did go back to the very first of them and blacked out the top symbol for some reason that was not shared, "I set it up to react with objects, so placing this here shoooould- Oh! Uhh, it's going to be loud by the way, head's up!"

The broken cellphone was placed inside the so-called Trigger Array, --which too glowed slightly, this time in a dark blue nearly purple--, and the effect was instantaneous, as soon as it was left there the Array referred to as Siren did exactly that, coming to life in a mild white glow, and a really LOUD HIGH-PITCHED NOISE seemed to begin resounding from it. It sounded like a warning alarm for a fire drill or something of the sort. Sage was mindful enough to not leave it screeching for more than a couple seconds.

"You can have an alarm of any kind on the go!!", he had added, shouting a bit because ouch, loud noises as he took the object out. Like with the first one, he blacked out the top of it afterwards, "And the final one I wanna show is similar, but instead of making noise...", 'Era-loo' was written down in the empty spot and he proceeded to place the cellphone on top of the Trigger Array.

This time, there was no noise, instead, the drawings and center of the final napkin lit up in a yellow bright light that challenged your normal lamps and flashlights.

"It's like a light warning. Or you can use it to make spaces brighter~! And then aaaaall of these have ways they can be tweaked like, you can change the pitch of the noise, or the intensity and color of the light, or make Trigger react to the lack of an object instead of its presence... You can chain them together in a specific order and make a Circuit too, Rune Magic is limited to practical uses but can warrant some very creative ones in return."

He paused for a moment and then realized that welp, he was rambling again and not yet told the others why they were being shown this in the first place!

"Aaaanyways! We shouldn't use the Teleport one on people though, only objects, so that might be out of the question. Buuuut the other ones could be placed in strategic places for surveillance or something? At least, that's what I was thinking... Then you don't have to be in the same room, things can light up or make noise to let us know if something has changed and then we go check it!"

Last edited:
(Investigating) (Survey says...)

Yang listened as Ghost T. gave another, rather disappointing answer. Drat, nothing. Guess she'll have to leave questioning for later.

"I guess we're done here," Yang said, beginning to walk away towards where Ciri was, "Don't worry, Ghost T.; we'll find the perpetrator."

Weiss, who like-Weiss--err, likewise followed Yang, pulled out Myrtenaster as she approached the strange liquid leaking from the engine. As she did so, she rolled the Dust cylinder to the Hard Light type, before hovering her rapier over Ciri and pulling the trigger. This created a bright, blue glow from the rapier's blade, which she used to give the Witcher some light to work with.

"What is it?" Weiss inquired.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM, Ghost T.), Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Gretar), Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts (Sora), ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials (Lilith), Zamasu Zamasu (Soma), quadraxis201 quadraxis201 (Akari), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri)

"In here, on top of the engine." Ghost T. replied to Soma as he gestured over to said engine with his hand. "I keep it there whenever I'm not using it." Ghost T. would explain, only to shrug at Lilith's comment. "Eh, what are ya gonna do? Being a ghost is cool anyways."

The liquid, meanwhile, seemed to be sticky in its substance. It had a sickenly sweet smell and appeared to be brownish-gold in color. Further inspection would reveal that the mysterious liquid was indeed maple syrup. How it had ended up here in the engine room was a mystery in of itself, however...

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Zamasu Zamasu marc122 marc122 Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts quadraxis201 quadraxis201 ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials

It took a few moments, but as soon as the toad saw Ben's monstrous form and realized what was going in, the dirty mushroom creature began to scream like a banshee.

tenor.gif

His screams were so loud and shrill that even those of you with the best, most astute eardrums would find at least a slight ringing come from their depths due to the shrill screaming from the toad. The screams would completely drown out Lucky's questions, as the toad cartoonishly flailed its arms around in complete fear from Ben's monster formation.

"The... communicators already act as trackers, actually," Jason replied to Benrey as he passed him, giving his shoulder two small pity-pats in the process. He and Leo would both turn, however, when Sage presented his napkin-themed plan to them.

"That actually sounds like a really good plan, Sage," Leo said with a smile. He'd been silent so far due to not really getting much sleep last night (in fact he'd slept through most of breakfast), but he managed to catch the gist of what was happening. "I can use my eyes to locate hidden places you can place them in, if you'd like?" Leo would suggest with a small smile.

Regardless, you were all inevitably led back to your cabins by Pennington. As you entered the cart with your cabins in question, he turned to face all of you, clearing his throat to gather your attention as he did so. "Alright... this is the moment of truth, everyone!" He exclaimed. Despite all the idea stealing, it did seem as though a genuine smile was on his... erm, beak. "You all have done so well as my partners in this investigation... and, just remember--"

"Yeah, yeah. Save the speech for after we catch the bad guy." Jason grunted as he shoved past Pennington and back into his own cabin, prompting you all to do the same. Within a matter of seconds, Pennington was left standing outside in the cart alone, which made him just kind of awkwardly shuffle his way back into his own cabin.

And now, all you had to do was play the waiting game.

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Zamasu Zamasu FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla jigglesworth jigglesworth QizPizza QizPizza P PopcornPie Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505

Last edited:
It took a few moments, but as soon as the toad saw Ben's monstrous form and realized what was going in, the dirty mushroom creature began to scream like a banshee.

tenor.gif

His screams were so loud and shrill that even those of you with the best, most astute eardrums would find at least a slight ringing come from their depths due to the shrill screaming from the toad. The screams would completely drown out Lucky's questions, as the toad cartoonishly flailed its arms around in complete fear from Ben's monster formation.

"RRAAAAAAUUURRRGGGHHH!" Wildmutt's ears were in pain as he tried to cover them from the Toad's excessive shrieking. That was when the Omnitrix started to beep, a flash of light engulfing Wildmutt and turning him back into Ben, still covering his ears.

"Make it stop, make it stop!"

Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod P PopcornPie thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
"
Thank you." When the light revealed what it was, she was glad that it wasn't blood. But further investigation after looking at it and even tasting it revealed that it was... maple syrup? Why was this here? "Good news: it isn't blood. But, why is maple syrup in here of all places? It doesn't make any sense." Pulling out the communicator, she contacted the ones in the other team. "It's Ciri. I found something in here in the engineer car, it's... maple syrup. Also, Pennington either got his information wrong or someone else with a diary was taken because there's a ghost here who's been dead for years and his diary was taken as well."

Getting up, she put away the communicator and continued to look around for anything odd or out of place and hopefully it wouldn't be more maple syrup.

marc122 marc122 , thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , @ trap gang, @ search gang

Last edited:
Benrey
After hearing about the truth if there communicators..... he deadpanned for a bit before saying in Scout’s voice “Well..... it’s good to have a backup in case something happens to it..... but hey, let’s just carry on with the mission already.” as he went back to his room. After entering the familiar room he was stationed in, he decided on what to do as he flipped the Holy Handgrenade into the air before catching it, until he realized something to pass the time, and make himself look like a weak target. He put both his Holy Handgrenade and M1911on the single bed, and he got ready to exercise.

Since he is unable to gain fatigue for exercising, and it also made him look like a weak target, so he began to start by stretching his limbs, reaching up and down, before beginning to do jumping jacks after that. The narrator would like to explain more of what Benrey did, but to be honest, it’s not really interesting and would most likely kill someone with boredom.
thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore @ TRAP team

Gretar
Gretar was mostly walking around, searching every crook and canny for signs of stolen items or weird mushroom midgets. He did get confused when he heard a strange high pitch noise that he didn’t really care about, but made sure to cover his ears to block off the noise. He just went to continue looking around, but at this rate, he is definitely not gonna be able to find anything.

• A few took a liking to Price's suggestion, though Pennington a little too much. He, in his little penguin fashion, took credit for the idea. It would be cute if it wasn't mildly aggravating. Well, no, it's still cute. It's a lil penguin with a bowtie, magnifying glass, satchel, and a little brimmed hat, that's cute no matter how many times he Thomas Edison's the group. Price nonetheless furrowed his eyebrows at the detective, despising him whether or not he's adorable. He shook his head, ignoring the feeling in his chest, and taking a final bite of his waffle. No use in disputing, Price, no use in disputing. The people who heard John already know who's idea it was, and anybody else need only watch the penguin in action for a minute or two and realize he couldn't have come up with it. Not that the idea is a spark of genius, but it doesn't have to be for it to be unrealistic for Pennington to have thought of.

Others defended Price, trying to set straight that it was his idea. "Not worth it, there are more important hills to die on," he said, shaking his head. Ciri walked off soon after Pennington finished talking, going to the others searching the train.

As everyone began walking off towards Pennington, a fiery-haired kid drew on a bunch of napkins, explaining that this is how magic is done in his universe. Through runes, obviously. He proceeded to demonstrate their abilities, such as alarms and object teleportation. Quite a sight, definitely a new kind of magic to John. Huh, if this kid is here, does that mean Price can use the runes? He'll have to try that out later, or ask him, when they get the time. Just one demonstration isn't enough for him to get the hang of it, of course, that sort of thing would likely take a lot of practice. Either way, if the kid can find a way to use that, it could make things all the more easier for them.

Moving on from that car, Pennington having called everyone over, they now went to set up the plan. They all then walked into their rooms, as did John. At first, Price thought they were simply getting their gear, and so he did, putting on his body armor and hiding a knife in his boot. But they appeared to be staying there, as Pennington came in and closed the door behind him. Confused, John placed his boonie hat on, looking at the detective. He opened his mouth to speak, but Ciri's voice sounded from the communicator, telling them what they had found. Maple syrup? And a ghost who's diary was taken. Unless the man took two diaries, that means Pennington's information was wrong, which John shouldn't be surprised about. "Copy," he said back to her,"we'll keep it in mind until we know more. Tell us if you find any more discrepancies." As annoying as it is, the plan might still work. Placing his communicator down, he then turned back to the detective. "We setting out, then? The toads still need to be gathered and watched over before noon, so we can set up the bait. I'm sure we can convince the conductor to call everyone in to as few train cars as possible."

--Whisper The Wolf--
Interaction: thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie Crow Crow

They found one of the toads! That's a good sign, right? Well NO. As soon as Wildmutt set the Toad free from its crate prison, it started screaming. Its voice loud and shrill, like a drill piercing through your ears! As a goddamn wolf, that can't be good!

"...!!!!" Whisper, paralyzed by this ungodly screaming got on her knees and covered her ears, letting out soft groans as Another Ghost staggered more than it should, getting close to the toad and attempting to shut it up by covering its mouth with his fist.

Sora began to continue the search until a strange orange creature appears and starts sniffing him and others. “Whoa. Where did this thing come from. Is he a pet from around here?” Sora checks his collar to see his name only to find a metallic circle that looks similar to Ben’s watch. “Oh, it’s just you Ben.”

His attention is then drawn to the wooden crates. “Do you sense something there?” Inside, Ben finds a toad covered dirt but starts freaking out when he sees him in one of his aliens, leaving Sora to go over to cover his mouth and calm him down. “Hey, hey. It’s okay. The ‘monster’s’ gone. Now. Are you alright?”

Pennington however led the trap team back to he cabins and the waiting had begun.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore Crow Crow

(mMmmm syr00p) (weiss what the fuck)

Ciri, Weiss, and Yang were among one of the first to see the maple syrup oozing out of the machinery. Syrup? Weiss, in particular, was confused by this particular placement; why would something like a condiment end up in such complex engineering? If there was a reason for that, why even?

Then again, they were in a Nintendo game.

"Strange," Weiss said, "either our little perpetrator was in a hurry, or perhaps...that could be a clue towards something."

"We don't really know how that syrup ended up there, but we should keep looking." Yang walked away to further investigate with Ciri, yet when she had turned up with nothing, Yang shrugged. All they got was: an account on the events that lead to nowhere and maple syrup that did not appear to point to anything.

"Alright, guess we're done here. Let's go somewhere else." Yang said, proceeding to start walking out of the engineer's car and heading somewhere else. Weiss followed.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM, Ghost T.), Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Gretar), Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts (Sora), ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials (Lilith), Zamasu Zamasu (Soma), quadraxis201 quadraxis201 (Akari), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Ciri)

ℭ𝔦𝔯𝔦
——————«•»——————
Seeing as how there wasn't anything else for them to find, her, Weiss, and Yang moved on to a different location. And hopefully, they could find something more than just maple syrup. "There has to be something to do with the syrup that we just aren't seeing. Weiss is right, it has to be a clue towards something."

Users who are viewing this thread