Akari "Paladin" Kishiri

Akari's ears were graced by the shrill voice of a Toad announcing that the MPF members were to return to their assigned cabins. "Someone really needs to get that guy a throat lozenge..." In any case, he looked at the roster that had been posted, and made his way to Cabin 3-B. Once inside, Akari seated himself upon the lower bunk of the double bed, removed his crossbow and zweihander, and placed them against the side of his bed. He looked up and saw Benrey sitting upon his own single bed. "You're that guy who was playing video games in that bunker. Gotta say, you did a great job."

Akari then chose to lie his head on his pillow, staring up at the bottom of the top bunk. "That gun of yours is a pretty neat gadget, being able to create anything like some kind of portable 3-D printer." Narrowing his eyes, he added, "Can't help but wonder what kind of nonsense is going to befall us this time. My sword and crossbow have served me well, but it might be nice if I could find something a bit stronger to use as a weapon."

Realizing he might not have introduced himself to Benrey, he did so, just in case. "Well, I'm Akari-- Akari Kishiri, as that roster said. I also have a codename I go by, 'Paladin'. Either one works for me."

Sitting back up, he went over and flipped 3-B's TV on, and...

"Noooooope."​

...Akari promptly turned the TV back off after not even five seconds of... whatever the hell that was... playing.

Interactions:
@ExcessExpress
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
@Cabin3B
(Open for Interactions)

Lilith
Lilith.png
Ben quickly changed the channel on the tv to something more light hearted. "Aw that was sweet." She says as she was lying on the bed, eventually she decided to change the channel herself as she possesses the remote. "I wonder if they have anything a little creepier, well aside from whatever that was we watched earlier."

Interactions:
Crow Crow (Ben 10)

Gretar
Growling in rage..... he decided that he won’t let this TV take over his life, and decided to turn it off for now. But he stayed there in case if it turned on again, and if it did, he is definitely smiting the hell out of that posses thing.
Benrey
After a bit..... someone spoke to him about his performance.... especially with that ToolGun he once used. He was apparently named Akari, but he nicknamed Paladin.... but he didn’t really care which name to call him. Speaking out loud.... he said “Thanks..... but I have made a vow to not use my ToolGun until I am ready for it, and I only have five weapons in me currently. Also..... the name is Benrey, the Black Mesa security guard, nothing, else to say about it, but that is what my previous job used to be.” as he replied, watching as Akari turned on the TV only to turn it off..... it was probably for the best. He then whistled for a bit, might as well wait for another topic to talk about.
quadraxis201 quadraxis201

“My whole world was under the control of nanomachines. Memories and emotions of soldiers suppressed, they’d fight mindlessly, but efficiently. They could see and feel what their team did, they were all connected.” He smirked a bit. “ID tagged weapons, the whole shebang. Made everyone predictable.”
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Akari "Paladin" Kishiri

"A security guard, huh? That's definitely more interesting than my job, that's for sure. I take orders at a hamburger restaurant in Tokyo... it's called 'Chrome Star'. It helps pay the bills, and I get to talk with people to help boost my social confidence, since, obviously... I can't go to work wearing this." Akari thumbed to his armor. "Now, see, the folks over in the U.S. brought one of their stores to Tokyo as some method of increasing tourism and helping visitors feel welcome. And, I mean, Nippon brought a Big Bang Burger to the U.S. some time ago, so they kind of returned their kindness. Personally?" Akari returned to his lounging position. "I think Chrome Star's food is to die for. It's quite a bit greasier than what the rest of my old crew were used to, but... it's still savory as hell. Plus, a working jukebox and dancing waitresses are always cool beans."

When Benrey explained he wanted to his his ToolGun sparingly, Akari gave an understanding nod. "Yeah, I get it. Something like that oughta be used responsibly. Don't want some random Joe spawning a swarm of nuclear missiles on a whim, after all."

Akari tilted his pillow-resting head towards Benrey. "What was 'Black Mesa' like, Benrey? From what you remember?"

Interactions:
Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
@Cabin3B
(Open for Interactions)

"It's Ultimate Juice. It helps to improve the body in various ways. Enhances speed, jumping power, let's you shrug off some damage, makes you more energetic, deal more damage, and makes you very angry in large doses. It is considered a class 7 offense to make it without the required permits. And before you ask, yes, I have those permits." Lealan looks to the rooms other occupant. "So, Orbeck, you want something to eat?"
Venom Snake Venom Snake Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

“Or it could be the fact that almost every drug and drink on earth had no effect on me. So it might just be I have some resistance to it.” He drank some more. “It’s good though, thank you.”
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

• Ciri explained her experience with investigation, and Price listened with interest. A Witcheress? She has fought and bested a werewolf before, which even John knows is no easy feat. If she bested it in regular combat, that would be an incredible accomplishment. Something tells Price she's more than an expert in wielding weapons, though, but also some kind of special abilities. What those were might not even be seen on this train, depending on who the perp is. Aloy didn't seem to answer his question, though, so her investigative skills are up in the air.

Kassandra finished her own shower, having washed herself from the inordinate amount of gore she was covered in. Price doesn't feel the need to ask, Spartans are probably just like that in general. She was back in her usual Greek body armor, not having donned the technological marvel of armor. It might not seem like she'll ever need it here, but the multiverse has a way of proving people wrong on how much shit can hit a single fan. Coming over to join the conversation, she made a comment on her own abilities as an investigator. It seems John and her are in the same boat, in terms of experience with this whole thing. Individually, though, they're still better than the actual detective. The penguin, not Ciri.

Speaking of which, the Witcheress further inquired about the kidnappings, and apparently she had not heard Pennington's explanation. John waited as Kassandra formerly introduced the two, him giving a nod as she did so. Ciri further explained her occupation as a Witcheress, which is, unsurprisingly, a monster hunter. Explains the werewolf. "Clusterfuck, that canyon," he commented, an understatement, after Kassandra's mention of Blood Gulch. Once introductions finished, he addressed Ciri's previous question. "Four people have disappeared from the train, and we haven't made any stops. We're investigating them as kidnappings, as that's the likely answer. While we don't have bodies for you to take a look at, I'm glad we've got an actual investigator here to help. If you're wondering, no, we don't have any leads."

Soon after, a noise sounded from the intercoms, and soon a shrill voice, calling the passengers to their cabins. Price walked up with the others to the cabin list, and saw yet another familiar name on there. Him and Pennington were roomed with none other than Corvo Attano. He met the Greek's glance, a look of pleasant surprise on his face. Well, well, looks like the band's back together. The Captain gave a nod to her request, "Oh, I intend on it. I'll give him your best." He gave a final smile to the three, with a nod to Ciri, before turning away over to his shared room across the car.

Walking over to his cabin with Pennington, Price opened up to meet the gaze of the masked man inside. "Corvo Attano," he chuckled. Price walked over to him and held out his hand for a shake. "I hoped the same, but Ganondorf had other ideas, it seems. Glad you're here, mate."

Orbeck of Vinheim
status: watching Stan watching (Sturly Stembleburgiss as “The Duchess” and Grampton St. Rumpterfrabble as irascible coxswain “Saunterblugget Hampterfuppinshire”)...also Ultimate Juice
Condition: normal​
As Orbeck turned on the television set, the following clip would play for the entire cabin to see:

Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Venom Snake Venom Snake Venom Snake Venom Snake DerpyCarp DerpyCarp DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
So...as Orbeck turns on the tv. He finds...stan of all things. The same Stanford pines that was in gravity falls. Obsessing over some...show, on another television, all done over the span of a day. He was certainly not going to even think about the words at the end there. So once the clip ends, he proceeded to reach for the remote before changing the channel. What could come on next?
"Interesting..." Lealan then sets three cups of colorful liquid aside.
View attachment 750363
"Juice is ready. What do you want to go with it? Meats? Plants? Something in between?"

Looks as if this ultimate juice of hers is ready. From initial appearances alone, this beverage looks odd. Look at it, it's a rainbow drink. Tasting it however...

"Huh... It's an odd taste. It is nothing like anything I have tasted. Like an amalgam of various outher flavors." He said "thank you"

"It's Ultimate Juice. It helps to improve the body in various ways. Enhances speed, jumping power, let's you shrug off some damage, makes you more energetic, deal more damage, and makes you very angry in large doses. It is considered a class 7 offense to make it without the required permits. And before you ask, yes, I have those permits." Lealan looks to the rooms other occupant. "So, Orbeck, you want something to eat?"

"... maybe some crab? If you can." He asked "with the effects you have discribed, it's no wonder why this concoction tastes the way it is."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Venom Snake Venom Snake

Snake continued to sip on his drink, setting his rifle down on the bed he claimed, and throwing some other random stuff down to take the load off for a bit. He also took off his harness/vest and upper half of his sneaking suit, having a body tight black bodysuit underneath. Just a suit to help in harsh weather conditions, mainly temperature regulation. “You know, I never imagined, with everything I’ve seen and done, that I’d get pulled into some massive adventure like this. Thought I was done for.”
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

"Crab? Well... I never tried. I could adapt a recipe for it? Maybe Ocean Surprise? Let me see." Lealan grabs some more ingredients and begins cooking. She clears some room by setting aside a cheeseburger, sending a side eye at Snake. " Mood. But even then, I can't say I regret it so far."
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake Venom Snake Venom Snake

Benrey
Ok.... so Akari used to be a fast food restaurant worker in a restaurant called Chrome Star.... which is also located in Japan. Not any Fastfood restaurant he had heard before..... but that was probably because he was from an another universe and that the current year was 1998 back there. A little more talk about this Chrome Star..... but then it changed when Akari talked about his old job at Black Mesa...
A song began playing in the background, which was somehow able to be heard, as he began to recall a few events from the chaotic events of Black Mesa.

(Flashback time, prepare for weirdness)
1ED1B1CB-8880-4214-9973-EF5AEB4B8B61.jpeg
38B4264B-D5CC-49EA-95A7-7F3C1B4563AA.jpeg
4F93AA59-02F2-47F0-893E-8C9E4E6DFF7F.jpeg

But..... there was one memory that he would forever fear inside his mind....:
E8F25388-C24F-4ABA-A5C5-100FF536F6A4.jpeg
“Hello Gordon..!”
He shuddered in real-life...... as he began to recall some of the events without getting to much into detail. “Well..... Black Mesa was a secret site in America that is basically the advance version of Area 51..... and it was like that for years until 1998, which is when the accident took place. Some sort of experimental teleporter failed and basically brought aliens from another dimension to our world. There were a few people that I worked with to survive. A scientist in a HEV suit called Gordon, who doesn’t like the shit we do sometimes.... then there was Mr.Bubby, who is a clueless person but not stupid.” he breathed in as he continued to speak. “There was Dr.Coomer..... who was a really weird person..... like chaotic good weird..... and finally, Tommy, who is basically a child in the body of a scientist, not really but you get what I am saying.” taking another breath, he continued “We had gone through much shit together, like killing aliens, getting past broken things in our path, and even the Military was trying to contain and eliminate everything inside, even my group. At the end, I pretty much died and joined the MPF after waking up..... so anything else to talk about.” as he waited for an response by Akari.
quadraxis201 quadraxis201

Lealan hesitates for a moment. "Well, we will see, won't we? I'll start with something soft and easy." She says, as she sets aside a rack of ribs, slathered with sauce. By the longing gaze and trail of drool, she clearly intends to eat them.
starved night wall vines.png
Venom Snake Venom Snake

"Hey, Locus deserved it!... Oh wait, you weren't here for that. Never mind!" Lealan turns back to the cooking, until a peculiar dish is passed onto the counter, from the cooked crab legs and claws sticking out, it could be assumed to be the Improvised crab dish for Orbeck. It also has some odd Fruit pieces native to Lealan's universe and kelp around the meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back