anna-podedworna-mon-phoenix1.jpg
AETHER: 65%
SOUL: Phoenix
PHYSICAL CONDITION: Phoenix Form
MENTAL CONDITION: Excited, Indulgent, Uncertain
COLOR: #CC0044

INFORMATION
INTERACTIONS: Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
MENTIONS: marc122 marc122 BoltBeam BoltBeam P PopcornPie Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Thepotatogod Thepotatogod darkred darkred FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Oh how Hestia wished all she needed to do was sit and watch the fight from where she perched. Perhaps she would entertain herself by making guesses on who will survive the longest or form critiques of the fighter below her. However, she knew very well that there was no relaxing. First off, it was clear that Sage would not take very well to the killing of allies, undead or not. The situation would be made far more difficult with the “Concept of Fire” flying loose and burning all indiscriminately. Second, and more importantly, Alexis was still in the corner of her Soulscape trying to calm down… She wasn’t doing a very good job. DonDon, would you be a dear and talk to Alexis… She is still quite distressed.

Uh...yeah… I’ll get on that. Just don’t… do anything too exciting in the meantime.

No promises, but I don’t think you’ll find this very interesting.

Sure, sure. Don’t let your crazy show too much.

As if you are any less crazy than Tsuchi and Liz.

I’ll get on helping Alexis, now...

While Hestia acknowledged that something may have to be done with Sage, she didn’t quite feel like taking any preemptive action to calm him down. What was she to do? Use Alexis’s face to comfort the boy when he just got traumatised by an imposter? Hestia wouldn’t be able to keep up the facade, and it would only end up hurting the boy more… which in turn would set off his Take Over. She would help when he lost control, but aside from that, she would have to keep her hands off.

The Phoenix goddess watched as Lucky and Megumin fruitlessly suggesting a way to keep these...creatures alive until they found a cure. Such was an idea that sounded like the right thing to do, but as Agent 3 quickly pointed out, it wasn’t feasible. The bickering was interesting, but things quickly picked up when Wesker finished a short monologue.

If birds had lips, Hestia would be grinning like the Cheshire Cat. These reanimated cadavers broke through their stupor and dashed towards those closest to the front to begin an assault. This was a scenario ripe for internal conflict, and Hestia eagerly watched as the former allies of the MPF used their inhuman speed to begin the brawl. It was… delicious to see allies fighting allies, and friends being forced to slay friends.It was amazing how quickly a majority of the group was willing to fight back. Perhaps they could’ve had a little more hesitation, but some of the people on opposite sides most likely haven’t even met before.

The conflict was skewed in the favor of the MPF, seeing as they had the superior numbers, but it wasn’t as if those walking corpses were going to make the fight difficult. The attacks coming from both sides were positively brutal, with the MPF blowing their opposition into pieces and the undead more than willing to get down and dirty to inflict some damage. Particular highlights included Benrey using a comically large spoon to stun one revenant, Megumin getting her eyes gouged out by an undead child, and Sage diving into the fight while he was still shouldering the burden of all his emotions. He was close to breaking, but until he crossed that like, Hestia would watch on expectantly for the next act of violence.

While the fight soon came to a close, Hestia was not disappointed by the ending. Lucky unloaded his gun into the child (Hat Kid) assaulting Megumin’s eyes. An undead woman in armor (Saber) put up a fight until the end, require the combined efforts of Weiss, Yang, Hiryu, and Jak to even hold her off. The boy (Akechi) facing Sage went on the offensive, dashing through flames to engage in close combat. Kyou displayed his impressive speed and strength as he struck three of the undead in the blink of an eye, knocking them down. The battle was finally brought to a conclusion by Arthur’s ruthless salvo of explosive bullets to the head of every cadaver. It was a suitable finale to such a scene of brazen violence, and now it was time for the epilogue.

The phoenix that sat in the rafters cocked her head to the side as the group of MPF agents grieved the second death of their allies. Her interest rested in what would happen now that these undead were dead. Boredom soon seeped in when Megumin had an inappropriately touching moment with the spirit of the child that just died in front of her. The boredom continued to wane Hestia’s investment when Sage proposed a proper send off for the deceased. It was an understandable gesture, but still an uninspired one.

Some began to collect the bodies and others did their own imitations of their culture’s funeral rites. Hestia had none to contribute, even if she wished to participate. When phoenixes pass away, they leave nothing but ashes as they gave birth their final, and most powerful child. One could call it a reincarnation, but the phoenix born from the ashes of its parent was its own person. The death of the old phoenix was overshadowed by the celebration of a new heir. In this case, there were no new lives to rise from the deaths of these allies, so there was no reason for the occasion.

Still, watching these people scramble around in this scenario was getting old, and Hestia couldn’t suppress her motherly instincts anymore. Alexis had bonded with Sage enough that Alexis had begun to form natural reactions to the boy’s emotions. Hestia was finally giving into these instincts now that there was no distraction or higher instinct to appeal to.

Thus, the phoenix goddess pushed off of the rafters and glided down near where Sage was. It should be noted that Hestia’s size has become apparent. To have been able to drag a boy like Sage around was a task no normal bird could perform, and indeed, Hestia was no normal bird. She was massive, standing at the height of a normal person as she stared at Sage with her unblinking red eyes. With every slight movement, embers seemed to fall from the feathers of this raven phoenix, casting a warm glow upon the corpses that lay on the ground. Hestia wasn’t sure what to say so she simply stood and observed the boy from ground level.

Hey...Alexis? Are you feeling better?

No…

Well, at least you stopped ugly crying… right? …

We can’t cry in here unless we really want to… and I just… can’t anymore.

Do you want to talk about it?

Yeah… I kind of do… but not to you guys…

I know we’ve done things to hurt you before, but please don’t let that keep you from talking to us… Yeah...even I don’t buy that myself...

*Sigh* You guys are tolerable, but… I just want to seem my family.

I get it. I wish I could see my family again too.

You have living family?

Yeah. Hundreds of years in the same body and you still don’t know much about me… Oh...sorry...I’m talking about myself now. Do you want to talk?

No, keep on going. I want to really feel at my lowest before I start venting.

Are you ser-

Yes!... I think I’ll feel better if you talked a little first.

In that case… I do have family. A few estranged brothers and sisters that I stopped seeing when I became Shin Don. I don’t remember much about them, but they treated me well… I think. I guess I considered the monks I trained to be more of my family than the people associated by blood. They wanted to be with me, not obligated like family. I’m not sure what they think now that I’m Shin Don, and especially after I got my a$$ kicked by Mi-I mean, Kagutsuchi’s host.

I’m sorry I took you away from that. I was just so desperate to have something to help me control Kagutuschi at the time.

Nah, it’s okay… I think I needed to meet Kagutsuchi anyway… But enough about me… How are you doing for real?

I feel like absolute s### right now, pardon my language. I’m stuck between knowing that what I saw earlier wasn’t real and feeling as if it was real. I’m fighting to protect my family, but when I saw them die like that… I was paralysed… I’m seeing my worst fears come true and I don’t know what to do now that I’ve seen it. I want to keep going and protect Sage and the others, but… I just have doubts...

Do you… know what happened with Kagutsuchi?

Yeah… it doesn’t help the doubt. I locked myself in this damn Soulscape like a pathetic excuse of a mother while the boy I promised to protect was being tortured by Kagutsuchi.

Yeah… it sucks to be trapped when the ones you care about are hurting… Just so we’re clear, I’m not talking about being trapped in you… just being trapped… in general...

Part of me wants to go out there to comfort Sage, but at the same time, I don’t know if I should… It was my face that hurt him and betrayed him, but it wasn’t even me! This is so frustrating...

He really likes you, you know? I got a glimpse of it when we did the body swap thing… He thinks of you as the family he’s never had. He may have been hurt, but he still thinks of you as family. You just have to show him go back out there and be the Alexis he loves.

You’re right. I’ve been trying to tell myself something along those lines, but… I think I really needed to hear it from someone else. Thanks, Shin. I really appreciate it, even if you sometimes hate my guts. I think I should talk to you guys more. I’m just so used to thinking of you guys as against me.

You’re welcome. I think I’d like someone to talk to that’s not… well, you know how we are. We are against you a lot, but it doesn’t mean we can’t get along a little bit better. Small steps though.

Thankfully, it seemed as if he doesn't have to do much in the way of fighting these poor sods anymore. One by one, they fell, his attack being successful in downing one of them, and everyone being able to do the same- in varying amounts of gore and whatnot. It felt...Kinda awful. To fight someone who probably didn't want to do this. His hand was bloodied after his attack, and a frown was on his face, as Kyou simply cleaned his hand on the remaining bits of clothing he currently had on him. He hoped that wherever they were in the multiverse, it allowed them to go out to the afterlife in some manner.

"Y'all fought well. Y'can rest now."

However...As he was about to simply put something like a blanket over them, Sage had the idea to do a proper burial of sorts- and asked his help, too. The kid still seemed to be shaken, and this probably didn't help, either. He...Wasn't sure if these people were anyone he knew, but hopefully, that wasn't the case. Well, it didn't seem to be, anyway, given his reaction. He seemed to be grieving their deaths, but not in a way one might be if they knew someone here.

But the fact a child was among one of them...It made his blood boil.

Wesker will pay. He'll fuckin' pay for takin' him from his home and doing all he did against his pals and innocent people. Soon, a soft sigh came from his nostrils, as he simply smiled and nodded at Sage, trying his best not to get worked around other people's comments or reactions. "Sure thing, kiddo. They deserve it, at the very least. I ain't very religious myself, but just tell me what I gotta do for 'em, aye?"

Orbeck of Vinhiem
condition: he needs rest, but he can't, yet he retains what was left, it will come
As much as he would like to press on his few inquires about the Archwizard, this is not the time...she needs her space to recover from the mental strain of getting her eyes ripped like so. It would be like trying to question someone like sage after a take over, or something comparable to... Abusive events back at the train. None the less his questions can wait after Wesker is dealt with, how? He has yet to know.

"Everybody!", now he had ended up yelling it, having to make extra effort just to get something through, "If... It wouldn't be asking too much... I'd like to send them off according to my Clan's traditions...", the pyromancer's voice was meek, frightened, unsure. He took a new breath and it had been like he had found just a little more courage for a moment, "It's just- It's too cruel to leave them like this! I'd like to attempt undoing some of the evil and honoring who they once were in life, even now."

"You can leave them offerings and I'll show everyone the Sign of the Soul so we can all join! J-just please allow me to do what I can... This is very important."
, next he had glanced towards Shanoa, letting his gaze fall to the ground as if wondering if he should say anything. Eventually, he did, "If you'd like to bring your fallen partner in here too... We, can also honor his memory...", all said with a sad, shaky smile, of someone that was doing his best not to cry too.

As expected, sage would bring about the suggestion of some sort of send off. Burials are obviously not an option (unless Lealan was going to give them the same treatment as lobo, witch is even more unlikely given her beliefs), that just leaves cremation, the burning of the bodies into ashes...a unfitting end to those who have died, but it would be better than just leaveing them out...

"That's a good idea! Then we can lay their ashes somewhere sacred. Are you all right with your physical body being burned, Hat Kid?" The hat made her nod. "I think she's okay with it, as long as the hat stays around."

Hard to say how "hat kid" is handling her own death in such a way. Then again, he ended up face to face with his own hallowed husk on that nightmare of his...the fact that a child could handle that though better then he can was... bothersome, if not interesting. Maybe a question could be asked for another time.

Thus, the phoenix goddess pushed off of the rafters and glided down near where Sage was. It should be noted that Hestia’s size has become apparent. To have been able to drag a boy like Sage around was a task no normal bird could perform, and indeed, Hestia was no normal bird. She was massive, standing at the height of a normal person as she stared at Sage with her unblinking red eyes. With every slight movement, embers seemed to fall from the feathers of this raven phoenix, casting a warm glow upon the corpses that lay on the ground. Hestia wasn’t sure what to say so she simply stood and observed the boy from ground level.

As... whoever is in control of Alexis at this point, he simply looks towards the massive Phoenix. At the very least, it wasn't the one who tried to eat his sovereignless souls given the lack of tails. Still he had his hand on the handle of his sword. The buff would still be active for a few more moments. Still... should he say anything? Leave them be? He looks back towards Sage, then back to Hestia.

"...I... would assume she is still conflicted by recent events..." Said in a way that made it sound like some sort of... uncertain statement. Again, it was unnerving to deal with the former events. "... I'll be assisting in bringing in Soma's body if ether of you need me. Shanoa, we best retrieve him." Nothing more was said. Given a moment of idling by for their responses, he leaves the large room, back to the doorway, and back to the body... unmoving, bleeding. A ally whose death was made true by the influence's only words

"Soma is dead..."

Done in by his own words. That's what they say at least.

If Shanoa did fallow him out, he would do what he had said. Helping to carry the body out, before placing it besides the outhers. He has not specific things to say, nor no religious traditions. Just a moment of silence as sage did what was needed.

He still can't help those stray thoughts and what it's, it's aggravating. But he supposed that such was needed to deal with his own predicaments.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher P PopcornPie Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Zamasu Zamasu DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts BoltBeam BoltBeam

Rex almost had the kill on Hat Kid but she jumps onto Megumin face, trying to take a bite out of her. On the other hand, instead of Hat Kid, Rex would take out Thaddeus with the three slash attack he intended for Hat Kid. “You’re not planting me into the ground some kind of tree this time ya friggin tool! Now get off! Hang on Megumin.” He kicked the corpse off his sword and went to help Megumin with her zombie problem. Thankfully, Lucky was there to help out by putting a couple bullets in the little nuisance’s head and off of Megumin, but not without a couple of scratches on the eyes. The rest of the zombies are taken out and the boys go to confront Megumin along with Sora doing his usual shtick to people in pain or with bruises and such.

“Megumin are you alright? I’m sorry I wasn’t beside you the whole time. I should have did something about this sooner.”

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher P PopcornPie

Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long

Warehouse
#99D5FF and #FAC51C = Speech
(Freezer) (Burn)

Weiss and Yang's fears had been realized.

Just like Penny, the brainwashed members were unable to be reasoned with, leaving their deaths to be the only means of freeing them. Just like Ruby, Blake kneeled down crying, lamenting how they didn't have to end this way. Both Weiss and Yang likewise kneeled with their friend, Yang in particular shedding a tear, as the two eventually hugged her. They let Jett say what she had to say, and simply listened to Sage requesting to send the dead bodies off in accordance to his Clan's procedures.

Like they had feared, the whole Penny incident had happened again.

As for Sage, in particular, Weiss looked towards him and nodded, attempting to hold back her tears, as she went back to hugging her crying teammate with Yang.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Backup GM, Test Subjects, Wesker, Blake), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Sage)

When the EVO approached...well, of course the ghost wouldn't want to be around him, and she forced Megumin backwards, causing her to fall onto her bottom. "Rex, you really shouldn't have just provoked her like that. I was going to take her outside and do it peacefully." She tried to rub the scabs out of her eyes, but they held on firmly. "Great, my looks are tarnished. And I can't even see how bad the damage is."

Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts

dc99caa-37f06a65-4e92-4193-8890-c1f36fc1718e.png

Mood: Mournful, Grateful, Annoyed
Tags: (Blake)
, ,
(Arthur)
, ,

-Art Credits--
Chiaki Morisawa Fanart [スタろぐ④] by ますぎ, minimally tweaked

Fire Flames Texture by arundel
Golden Floral Pattern from PNGkit,
original artist PaperElement?

Divider Set #02 by NorasFed, edited by me​

ddyn6ar-85543c1e-f0dc-4919-a2c3-247912c79048.png
Sage had been taken aback when Lucky had mentioned soul signs and folk songs, which suggested a mix of traditions. Normally, he wouldn't. If this had been anything else he might have gotten defensive over the proper way to do things, such was the ardour that the pyromancer had over his own Clan traditions; Even if it was the only good thing to come out of that... But, given that this was neither Saraiiho and nor people that he had previously known... He gave in, taking a deep breath to relax. This was the multiverse, after all, perhaps the combination of honorings would balance out the size of the atrocity that had been committed towards them.

"Well, I'm not sure what you take by 'offerings' where you come from, but in here, it's just about anything that might represent how one was in life... Their most prized possession, or signature item. If they really liked food, we would prepare their favorite dish instead. Flowers work too, obviously, just, keep it in mind that it's all about to burn.", he would explain the whole philosophy after it, gladly, but he didn't think people wanted to hear any of that. Especially not right now, "As for other chants and songs... Hmm, I suppose that's fine after I'm done, I'd just like to say the right words first, okay?"

A... Oriental's answer, --wow he still didn't know this guy's name, yikes-- had been a bit disheartening for how indifferent it seemed to be. Was it the tone, the look he had in his eyes or... the weird attachment that the Descendant had towards other Oriental people given his Clan's traditions spawned from similar beliefs. He wasn't sure, but something about that one phrase hurt to hear. He had averted his gaze from the other in time to see the anthropomorphic wolf, whose name he also was missing, helping out with bringing the departed's bodies to the center. With a nod in gratitude, he instructed the gentle volunteer to place them all in a line beside each other, leaving a gap in the very middle for Shanoa's partner, then stepping back remaining in front of them now.

"Really, thank you so much for hearing me out like this...", his tone was wet and packed with appreciation, as the wings kept wrapping around him, "I know it's probably... a very unconventional request to have, but it makes me so glad that you're all bearing with it anyway."

Then came Agent 3, stating that the departed wanted as much out from this fight as they did. Sage nodded back to her in agreement, none of the parts wanted things to go down like this... Their hands had been forced. He watched as the squid-person had made their way to an empty wall, shooting at it with their weapon. Honestly, he had not paid enough attention previously to know that it was some sort of ink shooter all this time, which had been very interesting to discover. The sprays of ink were shared artfully into the surface, finishing into an amazing dripping mural, one that had been done with insane precision despite the tool!

"Woaaaaa~!", the pyromancer had let out with a child-like wonder, the constructs finally extending themselves back open as he just had to take a couple steps closer to better admire it. It was such a thoughtful action that it had brought him to joyful tears, "That is incredible, 3!! I had no idea that you were so talented~!!"

Everyone was helping too!!
It was the kind of thing to fill one up with hope, and after everything that they had been through? It was a welcome change of pace.

That's when Orbeck had called his attention to the huge bird-dragon thing in the room. Initially, the sorcerer's speech had made little sense to the young man, who had no memories of his time during the Take-Over. He had only nodded at the other when he had announced that he'd be bringing Soma's body inside, enlisting Shanoa's help for such. Now left wondering just what the magic-user had been talking about, Sage had just been there, eyeing the creature with curiosity, but also apprehension as evidenced by his wings closing behind him as he curled up a bit.

It was so big... Kinda reminded him of depictions of his own Deity, a majestic bird of flaming feathers, taller than any person that has ever existed. An image that he had grown up with constantly, despite not being allowed to wear it on his own attire in any shape or form. And then it clicked. Was this the Goddess of Hearth? The young man had been fighting off his flightly self for such a while now, that he hadn't been able to stop and really analyze that which Magical Detection had been telling him. But now that he had stopped, it did feel similar... Even with Kyou overshadowing it a bit, it was still a reading that he was familiar with.

Just one problem... That made him angry. Not at the Goddess of Hearth, of course, he had nothing against Her. But now that he could actually interact with Kagutsuchi without her making his life more difficult..? Ho boy, did he have a number of rather unkind things to say to her! In the Descendant's eyes, Kagutsuchi had lost all of the right to be treated by title; He had lost any and all respect towards her.

This was not the time for any of that though, so all he had done was to take a deep breath, calm himself down and step back forwards to get things started. Sage could not acknowledge Hestia right now without getting too worked up, thus he too had not exchanged a single word with Her. He had simply awaited Orbeck's and Shanoa's return, gesturing them towards the space he had especially for her fallen partner in the line of bodies.

"I think that's all then...", the spiritual pyromancer had muttered under his breath, before turning back at the others, "You may place any offerings and gifts over them and if anyone would like to do the Sign of the Soul with me...", he had brought his right hand, closed in fist to the very center of his chest, the cracked wings standing half-open, "Either open palm or closed, the important part is to place the right hand in the very middle and hold it like that for the entirety of the ceremony."

He allowed them to get themselves ready, signalizing it with a nod, then gesturing at Kyou to step forward with him, facing the line of corpses.

"It's actually very simple, I'll let you know when to act.", he had reassured in a gentle tone, "Then you just gotta follow my lead..."

And it was finally time.
Sage closed his eyes for a moment trying to still his beating heart, he couldn't believe that he was doing this... Out of Saraiiho even.

It was rather... bittersweet.

"Mighty Beasts that rule the Skies and are watching over all of us...", the young man had started dictating the words, holding the Sign of the Soul, his gaze directed at the ceiling, "I come before You requesting Your attention, for what has occurred here today is... a tragedy.", he sighed the word, starting to tremble, "Eight spirits have been restless for far too long, and a final one has unfortunately been slain recently... I have not known any of them in life, however, one of them is... a child, of pure white and joyful yellow. While the others seem to emanate brave red, righteous orange and perhaps even selfless blue.", he lowered his head and closed his eyes, "Please welcome them back into the Nursery of Lights, so that their spirits may be granted a new chance."

Raising his head back up, the Descendant had given Kyou a nod, signalizing that it was time for them to act together. He raised both of his arms, gesturing towards the two departures in the tips of his half of the line, moving his hand up in a soft, rotating motion, setting fire to them. Next, he did the same to the ones in the middle, always with cautious, respectful movements. He waited for Kyou to do the same with his half and finally proceeded to join him in igniting Soma's body, done this way since he had been an ally.

"Nine stories come to an end, and nine stories begin their paths today.", at this point, Sage too was becoming rather emotional, his voice trembling through the lines, "Though they may be gone... They are in no way forgotten.", then he had slowly turned back around, the ending was always addressed at those that stayed rather than the Deities.

"It may hurt now, but it's important to remember that Death is also a celebration of Existence itself... For there is no Life without Death, and no Death without Life. Just as there is no joy without pain, nor pain without joy. ...Such is the will of the Universe."

And with the releasing of the Sign of the Soul, it was done. Sage shook, unable to hold his tears much longer, merely gesturing for the next person to step up and pay their own respects as he stepped away. From there on he would lower himself to a bow in the ground and take in everyone's words like that as he sobbed silently, the cracked wings closed over his back.

Last edited:

The half oni was largely quiet as Sage and the other helped prepare to cremate the bodies. Seemingly wanting to pay his respects in simple silence for now from the looks of it- or simply acting seriously from his usual, cheerful, and jokey self for this specific situation. It...Was hurtful. This wasn't just one person dying. It was multiple- nine people. It wasn't just a tragedy. It was a massacre. And that asshole blondie was walkin' around like it was nobodies business as he did whatever the fuck he wanted to people? His soul had a spark inside of it, Sage, Alexis, and anyone else spiritually inclined could tell that.

He was determined. While the being living inside his soul saw this with mere neutrality and a nod of his head with respect- Kyou was burning. Not with hatred, no- he didn't seem close to explode. But he seemed ready to carry the deceased's desires. To carry the desires of the living. It was a promise that was forged with his own words and his own spirits. He was going to help everyone take down Wesker. He was going to avenge these people. And he was going to stick with them to the very end.

It was a heartwarming feeling. That soft yet strongly burning flame- it seemed to spread over the room, not physically, but the feeling of it...

As Kyou gently burned the bodies, his position had respect for the current scene. Despite the flames eating away their bodies and flesh, leaving nothing but ash, the flames that cracked didn't leave behind a gorey and horrible scene. They simply seemed...To spread over the bodies. Embracing them- leaving them invisible from the naked eye. Almost as if the flames were just a gentle blanket put over a group of sleepyheads...

Crackle. Crackle. Fwuuush.
Maybe it was the wind, or maybe it was just the air that was heavy, but something almost seemed to hear Sage. Kyou had felt the same sensation too- he wasn't sure if it was Sage's gods, or his own, or it was really just his flames speaking, but something simply seemed to nod. The fire was of a soft, pleasant orange, that slowly but surely danced around with Sage's own, almost as if allowing it to follow its moves- the first one inexperienced, and a bit harder to control, but the second was determined- but soon, with their combined efforts, they danced together in a beautiful dance, almost singing too...

...They'll rest. I'm sure of it.

...Hah. I hope yer right.
Soon, the flames disappeared, leaving nothing behind. No ashes, no body parts, nothing. It simply seemed as if the bodies were gently taken away somewhere else, and during the entire process, Kyou didn't say a thing. His hands on his pockets, but giving Sage a small smile, before he turned back at where the bodies once stood. "Sorry I couldn't save you lot," He whispered to particularly no one, his hand opening- and what appeared to be a small, glowing firey tsubaki appeared on his hands, its petals flowing about where the bodies once stood, and despite being made of fire...It didn't burn. Nor did it hurt to the touch. It was just warm.

"But, we'll definitely carry yer memory on our backs." With a smile as the small flower moved from his hand and rested once the bodies were, Kyou turned back to the face the group, a warm smile on his face, as the kind fire entity burned a gentle light.

"Ain't that right, folks?"

--Hiryu Kakogawa || Whisper The Wolf--
Interaction: TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun Zamasu Zamasu

At Sage's instructions to line up the bodies, Whisper did as she asked, although struggling a bit line them correctly. At that point, Hiryu decided to help out and make sure that the bodies were lined up correctly. Despite what he thought of Sage and his outbursts, a funeral's a funeral. He'll be damned as a hypocrite if didn't let this happen. It wasn't a cremation, but with all the fire, it's close.

When it came time for them to pay respects, there...Weren't any words they could say. No, rather, there was none they should say.Frankly, they didn't know any of the dead men, except for Soma, who apparently died just recently. It didn't hit him as hard as one would hope, but Hiryu felt that Soma's death was too sudden. Hell, he only talked to the man once, and it was when he was making fun of Pickle Shanoa of all things! However, the Another Rider knew for a fact that Soma was a good man not just to Shanoa, but to those around him as well. Despite how mysterious as he comes off as.

Hiryu approached Shanoa, wanting to see how well she's holding up with her partner dying on her. Considering her overall demeanor, he'd probably expect her to be cold about it but...Everyone breaks when the person they fight with didn't survive the same fight. Especially if it's one that results in a feud.

Plutia.

Hiryu recalled that one purple haired sonova bitch just costed them their stealth mission back when he, Orbeck and Whisper initially arrived at Gravity Falls and lost their powers. Tasked in bringing a live merman back to the Mystery (nut)Shack.

When they did come back, the two bickered on why the mission fucked up, not unlike the recent record with the MPF...Afterwards, Plutia wounded up to be Bill's next victim. He ponders if she ever lived afterwards, recalling that some of the deadmen returned to life.

Regardless, Hiryu was dead set in completing what he started, knowing the horrors Ganon and his cohorts had committed.

"We'll avenge them. Like we always do." Hiryu tells no one, clenching his fist as he swells his anger for Wesker and by extension, Ganondorf. "They'll pay for all of this..." He swore to the feelings he trusted the most throughout his entire life: Anger and Vengeance. Without those feelings, Hiryu wouldn't be...Hiryu. He entrusted his life to those feelings alone and knew that it wouldn't let him down.

If anyone were to look at Lealan, they would see she has moved on to Doom 2. If someone needs something from her, like help burrying bodies, or healing, they should ask.

Orbeck of Vinhiem
condition: he needs rest, but he can't, yet he retains what was left, it will come​

So there was Orbeck standing by the sidelines as sage made his preparations, and said his words, his... prayers? It was odd for him to be in the presence of such words, but it had to be done.

As Orbeck remained in this moment of silence...he could still hear the sounds of a certain... fatal circuit...

If anyone were to look at Lealan, they would see she has moved on to Doom 2. If someone needs something from her, like help burrying bodies, or healing, they should ask.

It was already a bother before, but at this point? It was inappropriate. So keeping himself as silent as he could, he walks up to Lealan before taping at her headset...

"Do you have any respect for the dead?" He whispered "No words? No gestures? Or even a moment of absolute silence?"

Regardless of her response, he would remain silent as ever...it would only be a matter of time before Wesker attempts something far more drastic. Turn redhood and the others on them? Turn them into some abominations? Or was he going to turn HIMSELF into something far more powerful? Again, he doesn't know...

Another moment would be spent with him reconfirming what he sees on his communicator. Unless Wesker has them blocked, it would be unlikely to not get some sort of indication on the missing members location.

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Lealan jerks her hand up to her tiara when she is poked, the game fading from inside her eyes. They focus on Orbeck, the color shifting to its regular inky black. She takes a quick look about, before whispering to Orbeck. "Among my people, we would have a grand celebration, and consume the dead after a battle. As it stands, I'm still repairing some brain damage. You don't want me to say shit. Furthermore, I've been out of it since Wesker and Scarecrow was here. If you need me to help with something like burials, fine, but don't act like I'm some sort of Villian for being different."
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

Orbeck of Vinhiem
condition: he needs rest, but he can't, yet he retains what was left, it will come​
"Among my people, we would have a grand celebration, and consume the dead after a battle. As it stands, I'm still repairing some brain damage. You don't want me to say shit. Furthermore, I've been out of it since Wesker and Scarecrow was here. If you need me to help with something like burials, fine, but don't act like I'm some sort of Villian for being different."
Consumption of the dead after a celebration... Yes she and her kind are plant people. But that just sounds like something all the more... hallow like. Doesn't excuse him for the somewhat rough tone of voice.
"After what we all dealt with...I wouldn't consider you a villian over this. My apologies...the entire ordeal was just, tasking."
He whispered back. "I just hope we end Wesker and his delusions of godhood."
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Lealan nods. "Yeah, fuck that guy. And sorry if I seem pissy." She pulls out a Red Stim Pack and jams it into the roof of her mouth, some of the red fluid escapes her maw and leaks onto the floor. "The brain is complex and hard to fix quickly, and Its even harder when I dont have much in the way of fresh material to heal with. But at least I have this new gun." Lealan holds the pistol with Albert stamped on it that she had gotten at Crystal Lake. "I wonder if it'll be effective against him?"
Laix_Lake Laix_Lake

Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long

???
#99D5FF and #FAC51C = Speech
(Freezer) (Burn)

As Weiss continued to mourn with Blake, people around the three started to give their offerings; Agent 3 spelled out a message for the dead with her Hero Shot's ink, and others were offering words, which, frankly to her, were just about enough to honor the dead. With everyone around helping, she had an idea to give her own offerings.

She stood back up, reaching into one of her pouches, then pulled out a spare vial of Fire Dust. As Kyou ignited the bodies, she uncapped the vial...then spread it across the dead bodies that several people had helped gather around.

"Our fallen friends," Weiss said, "I can only hope my offering is plentiful enough."

Eventually, the flames would die out, leaving the group with nothing in the bodies' -- and their offerings' -- wake. Ignoring the initial outburst between Lealan and Orbeck, Weiss put her hands together below her waist, then closed her eyes. She took a deep breath, then offered her words.

"When everything about Wesker, and about Ganondorf is done, you may rest."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore (GM), TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Backup GM, Test Subjects, Wesker, Blake), Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (Sage), Celestial Speck Celestial Speck (Kyou)

"...Uh huh." Lucky wrinkled his nose down at the bodies. "I...didn't even know these people existed until now, but I guess I should take a guess. Oh, I know! PURPLE STUFF DEPLOY!" Lucky whipped out the purple stuff, then poured some purple stuff on each body. "We might not need to burn them after all! Or...Wait..." When the bodies didn't immediately return to their former glory, Lucky's ears drooped. "Oh. I guess it doesn't work on bodies that are completely dead." He muttered.

Making a Sign of the Soul would be tough without digits, but Lucky believed that he got the message across. As Kyou burned everything away, Lucky quietly sang the same song from his beginning attempt to shoot Hat Kid dead. At the end of the song, he remained quiet and stirred. Here he was, the embodiment of wrath, mourning the dead. It made him feel numb, somewhat embarrassed, but peaceful, too.

Megumin, also making the Sign of the Soul, found herself being dragged towards the fire, then forced to squat in front of it. And then she'd feel compelled to touch the pretty, pretty flames..."HAT KID, NO!" The Crimson Demon wouldn't allow herself to be burned in the name of childish curiosity, and, in a rare subversion of typical ghost tropes, was able to remove Hat Kid's hat without a fight. She decided to put the purple top in her backpack. Who knows? Maybe a possessed hat which made you want to act like a little girl could come in handy.

"They were just like us, helpless and lost across the multiverse." Megumin sighed, clutching her staff. Heat rose in her eyes as she proclaimed, "Hiryu is right, we will avenge them!" She posed dramatically. "Wesker believes that he is stronger than us. He will instead be reduced to bloody goo on the sidewalk at our hands!"

--Hiryu Kakogawa || Whisper The Wolf--
Interaction: Zamasu Zamasu P PopcornPie

Hiryu was taken aback by the sudden hug from Shanoa, but he knew it's because of grief and nothing more. A natural reaction, it seems. Awkwardly, he reciprocated the hug, patting the woman's back as she broke down in his arms. Soma must've meant more to her than he realized. He remained silent for a while, letting Shanoa grieve for her fallen partner.

Whisper nodded at Megumin's resolution, the Rocket Wisp coming out to pay its respects to the zombie it had slain. Wesker be damned if they encounter him again.

Agent 3
c186bc72a54164412a357586529072e26bf2e73fr1-736-1041v2_hq.jpg

Then came Agent 3, stating that the departed wanted as much out from this fight as they did. Sage nodded back to her in agreement, none of the parts wanted things to go down like this... Their hands had been forced. He watched as the squid-person had made their way to an empty wall, shooting at it with their weapon. Honestly, he had not paid enough attention previously to know that it was some sort of ink shooter all this time, which had been very interesting to discover. The sprays of ink were shared artfully into the surface, finishing into an amazing dripping mural, one that had been done with insane precision despite the tool!

"Woaaaaa~!", the pyromancer had let out with a child-like wonder, the constructs finally extending themselves back open as he just had to take a couple steps closer to better admire it. It was such a thoughtful action that it had brought him to joyful tears, "That is incredible, 3!! I had no idea that you were so talented~!!"
Agent 3 laughed as Sage looked upon it - with such a reaction that brought the Inkling to a smile as well. "Oh, shush." She joked. "This is nothing compared to those who actually do this full-time, to be honest - but none the less, one thing I can't deny is art goes hand-in-hand through culture." She said boldly, seeming very proud of herself indeed. When she noticed his tears, the Inkling chuckled. "...Force it out, you'll feel better after." She said to him simply, trying to encourage him, as Agent 3 would quickly find herself at Sage's side, looking upon her work and the scene itself.
"Sorry I couldn't save you lot," He whispered to particularly no one, his hand opening- and what appeared to be a small, glowing firey tsubaki appeared on his hands, its petals flowing about where the bodies once stood, and despite being made of fire...It didn't burn. Nor did it hurt to the touch. It was just warm.

"But, we'll definitely carry yer memory on our backs." With a smile as the small flower moved from his hand and rested once the bodies were, Kyou turned back to the face the group, a warm smile on his face, as the kind fire entity burned a gentle light.

"Ain't that right, folks?"
Agent 3 nodded and looked on, seeming to agree. "Yeah... Being remembered like this is probably the best we could have done." She said simply, before continuing. "Heroes are nothing without the stories to back them up, after all. Knowing they were respected and remembered in such a way, I'm sure, pleases them - that's all one wants, at the end of the day. Being remembered, and being cared for - somehow."
"We'll avenge them. Like we always do." Hiryu tells no one, clenching his fist as he swells his anger for Wesker and by extension, Ganondorf. "They'll pay for all of this..."
"100% percent." Agent 3 muttered sharply all of a sudden, though perfectly calm in mood. "They're going down even harder than they already were, I'm sure. We just need to make sure we follow through on that, and don't mess it up." She stated, sounding confident to go with it.
"Our fallen friends," Weiss said, "I can only hope my offering is plentiful enough."

Eventually, the flames would die out, leaving the group with nothing in the bodies' -- and their offerings' -- wake. Ignoring the initial outburst between Lealan and Orbeck, Weiss put her hands together below her waist, then closed her eyes. She took a deep breath, then offered her words.

Agent 3 simply looked as the bodies burnt in the cumulative fires, saying nothing more, but was now upright and quiet, until she held her weapon to her side with one hand, and used the other to salute the fallen. "...If we're lucky, or unlucky... We may be joining you." She said aloud, as if she is referring to the dead, with slight tears forming in her eyes. "If we meet you there... we've plenty of stories between us all."
Character Information
Link to CS: Here!
Hex Code: #61BD6D
Status (physically): Fine​
Status (mentally/emotionally): Sentimental/Positive​
Powers: Inkling (species abilities and traits)​
Items: Hero Shot, Splat Bombs, Splashdown​
Skills/Abilities: Highly mobile, leadership skills​
Course of action: The dead sendoff.​
RP Information
Mentions: None​
Nearby/In Group: @ShutterDoorExplorers​

Orbeck of Vinhiem
Status: grieving over the stupid death...all because of some influence.
condition: taking a knee and obtaining some sort of solitary rest.​
Lealan nods. "Yeah, fuck that guy. And sorry if I seem pissy." She pulls out a Red Stim Pack and jams it into the roof of her mouth, some of the red fluid escapes her maw and leaks onto the floor. "The brain is complex and hard to fix quickly, and Its even harder when I dont have much in the way of fresh material to heal with. But at least I have this new gun." Lealan holds the pistol with Albert stamped on it that she had gotten at Crystal Lake. "I wonder if it'll be effective against him?"
Taking a glance at the gun, it doesn't seem like much. Not unless it has some sort of odd properties like with Lucky's former sweater. That could be the case...he would have asked if it wasn't for the sneaking suspicion that their volume was at the level where it would be considered...rude. There was no way around this.

Doesn't help that Weiss may or may not think of his conversation with Lealan as a squabble. Even if he lacks any offerings, he may as well say some words to the departed. Leaving Lealan to her self prescribed treatment of stem packs, he walks right beside those who were saying their words to the departed. Despite all of this, he still wouldn't be someone so willing to give in to such feeling so swiftly, anger, vengeance, malleus, and so on. He had said it before a few times, his "simple truth' on the idea of taking a life, the way that you giving up something to do the deed, a consequence of some sort. Such thoughts were kept close to mind. But in the case of Wesker...the consequences of his life being taken, by their hands...It would be a suitable compromise for the man who brought about nightmares after nightmares. He glances through the burning bodies as they remained...as ashen flakes on the ground...not even the armor of the one known as Saber remained.

"When we face Wesker for the inevitable encounter...not even the abyss would want his twisted, mutated remains...He will face was it due for the sorry souls that he desecrated." After that, he simply took a knee. Head lowered.
21-darkmoon.png

Normally, such would only be done by members of a certain invader hating covenant. Sill How would you tell the difference between the sign of Darkmoon loyalty to a normal gesture of taking a knee? It doesn't matter at this point, all he wants is to simply saver this single moment of grieving for as long as it can be done.

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Thepotatogod Thepotatogod BoltBeam BoltBeam DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun P PopcornPie Zamasu Zamasu marc122 marc122 Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Jett
Chronology (1).jpg

Expression: Trying to Comfort Blake More
Interaction: Weiss, Yang, & Blake

Jett was smiling a bit when Weiss & Yang were hugging Blake just to comfort her too, she will try to hug Blake too while trying to hold her own tears since she tries to think about her friends that are getting brain washed or killed. She will try to get up & extends a hand to Blake in order to have some trust to each other saying "Listen to me, Blake... I really care about your fallen friends if I don't know them at all, but I'm say this. I was trying to care you if we are getting separated each other or one of us are gonna sacrifice to each other. I promise to trust with you more than ever imagine in my life, Blake." Jett will do a trustworthy smile to Blake hoping she will reply from her encouraging comment, she was having her small yet a bit own tears in order to have something yet special but sad on her life.

Thorne
Chronology (2).jpg

Expression: Respecting Blake's fallen allies that are infected
Interaction: Orbeck

Meanwhile Thorne was simply putting her head down for respect to Blake's fallen allies saying "See you soon in paradise if me & Jett not knowing each other......" She will look at Orbeck taking a knee for respect as well right before mourning in a quite worried mood.

Blake wished there was a way to save them and deep down, Ciri did too. It didn’t have to be this way, but unfortunately, it did. Ciri put her weapon away, lowering her head in respect as Blake cried into Lucky’s fur.

If there really was some sort of semblance of the person they used to be still in there, Blake might’ve fought harder to save them, but... it didn’t work that way, it never did. Shanoa was the next to be by her side, saying that it didn’t have to be this way. And she was right, it didn’t have to be this way, and yet, in the end... it had to be this way. The both of them were then joined by Akari, paying his respects to Akechi. And

Then, Sage spoke up, wanting to send them all off with his Clan’s traditions. Blake looked up at him and nodded, giving him her permission. They deserved peace, especially after their corpses were used in Wesker’s experiments.

And the entire time, Ciri had no words. The last thing Blake, Arthur, and anyone else that knew them needed to hear right now was “I’m sorry”, she knew that all too well. Those words wouldn’t bring them back, nothing except for those experiments could and there was no way any of them would allow that. What caught her attention however was the sentient hat from the child with the hat now in the possession of Megumin.

As long as it did no harm, she would be fine with it.

Sage had then wanted to use his Clan’s traditions to send off the dead, in which she internally agreed. Externally, she was silent as she couldn’t find any words to say. All Ciri could do was pay her respects in her own way.

Jett was the next to join alongside Blake, patting her shoulder and trying to wipe away her tears. It proved to be a failure as more tears just kept coming after her attempt to wipe the tears away. Agent 3 was the next to pay her respects and looking over at the wall, she read the message that was painted on the wall and lowered her head once again.

Two sets of footsteps approached her, feeling the familiar arms of Weiss and Yang hug her. This was then followed by a third pair of arms, it belonging to Jett who then promised to trust her with Jett’s life. What made her make a promise like that in the first place? That was a question only Jett had the answer to, it seems.

With the communicator, it seemed as though it couldn’t get a read on Jason and Leo’s positions. It was probably blocked by Wesker.

Once all the bodies were collected, Soma’s being brought in last, the ceremony began. Once it was over, the bodies of the fallen proceeded to burn and as everyone began to give their final words to them, Blake looked up at the pile and slowly stood up. “You all didn’t deserve this... I promise, we’ll stop him... and then we’ll stop Zant and Ganon... Only then, can you all rest...

Blake turned to the rest of the group. “They were the first to die due to this... but they won’t be the last, not as long as we stop Wesker and Zant and Ganon... But that’s not going to happen as long as we don’t work together, if we don’t stop fighting amongst ourselves...” She looked back at the pile. “They wouldn’t want us to tear each other apart, I know they wouldn’t...

Cast List
PolikShadowbliss as Supergirl (DC Comics) and Zwei (OC)
Kameron Esters- as Captain Falcon (F-Zero) and Lars Alexandersson (Tekken)
quadraxis201 as Akari "Paladin" Kishiri (Persona OC)
Necessity4Fun as Sage Kaelber (OC)
ConnorOfficials as Lilith (OC)
JRay as Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Rex Salazar (Generator Rex)
DrDapper as Carlo Thomson (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OC)
DerpyCarp as Lealan Deathweed (Starbound OC)
Thepotatogod as Hiryu Kokogawa (Kamen Rider Zi-O) and Whisper the Wolf (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Birb as Ike Plymont (OC)
2Bornot2B as Tanya Degurechaff (The Saga of Tanya the Evil)
darkred as Jak/Mar (Jak and Daxter) and Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn)
Laix_Lake as Orbeck of Vinheim (Dark Souls III)
92MilesPrower as Deadpool (Marvel Comics) and Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Venom Snake as Venom Snake and Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Crow as Ben Tennyson (Ben 10) and The Agent (Club Penguin)
Smug as The Judge (OFF)
Yamperzzz as Tektite and Xenophon (OC)
Meraki as Antoneva (Eternal City)
Chungchangching as Tandem (Climaxverse) and Cartoon Network-Tan (Channel-Tans)
PopcornPie as Megumin (Konosuba) and Lucky O'Chomper (WHACKED!)
Sir Skrubbins as Frank West (Dead Rising) and The Medic (Team Fortress 2)
TheElenaFisher as Blake Belladonna (RWBY) and Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon (The Witcher)
Benedict Cucumberpatch as Himself (Classified)
QizPizza as Delsausage Roweiner (inFAMOUS AU/TCS OC) and Alexis Kuroki (OC)
FactionGuerrilla as Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption II) and Kassandra (Assassin's Creed: Odyssey)
Riven as Umbra (Warframe)
Sayo-Nara as Dib Membrane (Invader Zim)
Lazaro1505 as Gretar (For Honor OC) and Benrey (Half Life: But the AI is Self-Aware)
@FoolsErin as Bayonetta (Bayonetta) and Willow (Don't Starve)
@Frankie as Gilgamesh (The Unwritten) and Molly (Power Rangers OC)
@StaidFoal as William Joseph Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein) and Corvo Attano (Dishonored)
@jigglesworth as Captain John Price (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare)
marc122 as Yang Xiao Long and Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
Zamasu as Soma Cruz and Shanoa (Castlevania)
BoltBeam as Agent 3 (Splatoon)
@bloodyninja64 as Dennis Robbins and Kanon Marshall (OC)
AlexandraRoseLeclerc as Jett and Sage (Valorant)
Celestial Speck as Kyou Tana (OC)
Ciscodog as Killua Zoldyick (Hunter x Hunter)

As Lucky (quite reluctantly) allowed Blake to shower him with her tears, he sighed, and quietly uttered,

"Me friend cries out for you,
You once lovely, wilted flower.
We learned too late of your infection,
Too late to give protection,
Regret clouds me eyes as I endure this hour."

"Lillith? Is that you?" Megumin stumbled forward, maybe towards Lillith, maybe not.

ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials

Last edited:
Lilith
Lilith.png

Megumin heard Lilith's voice and asked if that was her which she conforms. "Yeah it is just hear me out here, I don't know if there's any place around here that can fix your eyes or anything but we'll try to find a hospital or something, but if we don't then maybe some one here could try. I don't know if I could though, it would probably be a little painful if I tried if my powers could work like that." She says rubbing her arm anxiously.

Interactions:
P PopcornPie (Megumin)

"I think I'm more concerned about how I look. I doubt these are the cool kind of scars." Megumin replied bitterly. "For a child, Hat Kid really got me. Even my little sister wasn't this powerful."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back