• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Chronicles of Aldelor

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
This is my first time trying to make a nation building rp(or even rp one), but I have the urge to try, so experienced nation-builders please bear with me. The plot is a simple one(loosely based on ideas gained after playing Ni no Kuni 2):

A typical fantasy setting, Aldelor is a world that is home to a great many races. However, the oldest, most well-known, and most well-respected race in Aldelor is the Fairy—also referred to as the maker of kings. Every nation in Aldelor, big or small, is ruled by a ruler chosen by a fairy. Such is the way of Aldelor…and your character just happened to be chosen. Teleported to the Fairy Realm , you and some others are told, much to your surprise, that you have what it takes to be a king/queen of Aldelor. Meeting a fairy companion, who will aid and guide you throughout your kingship, this is where your nation-building journey begins. (Lore will be expanded on as rp progresses)

Some concepts in this rp:

Build Your Own Kingdom from Scratch
From customs and traditions to political and economic infrastructure, you’re free to design your kingdom/country/nation as you please. With the aid of a trusted fairy, rally people (npcs) under your banner as your character takes on a leadership role and expands their territory in the world of Aldelor starting from a blank canvas. Create npcs to populate your kingdom (as many as you’re willing to play) and give them important roles (Chief Advisor, General, Minister of Finance, etc. Whatever suits your fancy). Remember, nothing exists until written.

Leave a Lineage.
Time will pass in this rp. As it does so, your character will age and you will need to create new characters to carry on their legacy. Design your character’s spouse. Their children. Their children’s. Create your nation’s royal family and carry them through the history of Aldelor. Their struggles (or lack of struggles) is up to you.

Convergence of Kings.
Every 10 years or so, the Fairy King calls all the chosen kings/queens back to the Fairy Realm, where they can discuss their kingdom’s progress, trade, alliances, or whatever they want with their fellow rulers. This is where players can interact and new global events may be introduced. A Convergence of Kings can be called by any king/queen(with a fairy) for whatever reason so long as the Fairy King’s approves.

How this rp will work.
Each arc is completed once a certain number of required posts is met.

Stage 1: The Beginning.
Stage 2: First Convergence of Kings. (Starts after X number of posts)
Stage 3: Second Convergence of Kings. (Starts after X number of posts)
Stage 4: Third Convergence of Kings. (Starts after X number of posts)
And so on.

I will roll a dice to determine the number of posts it takes before the next Convergence of Kings. Once we(as a group) reach that number of posts in the rp, I will end the arc and initiate a 10 yr timeskip. As with most nation-building rps, posting will largely be an independent endeavor with players building their own kingdom/country/nation from scratch and roleplaying the events that transpire in their lands. However, you aren’t limited to waiting for the next Convergence before interacting with other players either. Letters can be sent . Visitations can be made. Players can assist one another in the starting of their kingdoms (up to you).

Every nation starts off with five stats: Population, Economy, Miltary Might, Technological Advances, and Citizen Happiness. Every time you make a post enhancing one of these attributes for your kingdom, make a note of it on the bottom(so I, the gm, can see) and roll a 10-face dice. Add whatever number you roll to your nation’s stats. All posts must include their kingdom’s name and the date the event takes place to prevent confusion.

Every so often, I may introduce gm events that can influence the game for certain players. Events can range from introducing robbers/pirates in their lands to the discovery of new Aldelorian resource. Such events will be random and will be rolled with a dice. The nation's stats may affect how easily certain problems are solved.

And that's basically it. If anyone is interested, please post below so I get an idea of the size I have to work with. Character sheets will be up in a couple of days if enough interest is garnered.

Last edited:
I'm not the most experienced with nation RPs either, but I'd be willing to take it for a spin here.

Couple of Q's:
Are the fairies immortal? Do they stick around across generations?
Is there magic, either with the fairies, other races, or the world itself?
Is a decidedly non-human race possible?
Would establishing a slavery system be allowed?
What about establishing a religion?
I notice mention of positive assistance between nations, but what about open hostility between nations?

Couple of Q's:
Are the fairies immortal? Do they stick around across generations?
Is there magic, either with the fairies, other races, or the world itself?
Is a decidedly non-human race possible?
Would establishing a slavery system be allowed?
What about establishing a religion?
I notice mention of positive assistance between nations, but what about open hostility between nations?

Answers in order:
1. Yes. The fairy dies when the kingdom does.

2. Yes. Though detail on the race will be required in the cs for the not-obvious ones.

3. Yes

4. Yes.

5. Of course. Though I haven't decided how the war system would work yet. Im thinking a combination of dice-rolling and military might to determine the victor in battles, but that's if players can't agree on an outcome themselves.

Realized I missed one of OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi 's questions. Yes, magic exists within the world itself. All races can practice it if they want, but some are better at it than others. Political and/or religious reasons may also dictate whether magic is practiced in that community or not.

Interested. Before I head over to the CS, I have a question, does the fairy die when the kingdom does(as in the nation is no longer a kingdom), or only when the nation itself does.

Interested. Before I head over to the CS, I have a question, does the fairy die when the kingdom does(as in the nation is no longer a kingdom), or only when the nation itself does.

The nation itself. Either through the assimilation into another nation or the death of all its people.

Working on getting the cs up, just spending far too much time thinking in circles of the direction I'd want to have the nation go and then working backwards to where all of that could start. It's like trying to look at a chess board and figure out where the pieces were five moves ago... and I suck at chess.

Working on getting the cs up, just spending far too much time thinking in circles of the direction I'd want to have the nation go and then working backwards to where all of that could start. It's like trying to look at a chess board and figure out where the pieces were five moves ago... and I suck at chess.

One potential player volunteered to make a map of Aldelor with photoshop if that'll help make things easier, but I haven't heard from them yet, so I dunno...I don't know anything about photoshop, so please don't ask me to make one.

The only thing I know about chess strategy is to try to claim the center^^

...but I can understand. I have no idea what I want for a kingdom either.

Hi Quirky! Glad to see you branching out into one of my favorite Genres! Got any room for the Glorious God-Emperor of Aldelor? (Basically think the Chinese Empire or Dune)

Of course. Read the lore pg, make a cs, and you're good to go. First arc's nearly done though so you might want to wait for the second one, though that's up to you.

Of course. Read the lore pg, make a cs, and you're good to go. First arc's nearly done though so you might want to wait for the second one.
Kk, can it be like an ANTI-Atlantis, and rise out of the middle of the Sea? Maybe that could be what drives part of the Second Arc.

Lol. We'll see. Your kingdom can be your hearts desire.
Kk, I'll be sure to have it up soon. Gotta check out the lore. BTW does the Lore chat have a good summary of what's been going on? And do I start with a small bonus so I'm not under-powered compared to other nations? If that is the case what would be appropriate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back