• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

Just read the lore and the thing regarding tech. Does that mean I have 2.5 points to add to another stat?

Nation Name: Kamal
Nation’s Stats: NPC kingdom no stats
Form of Government: matriarchy
International policies: Very reclusive limited trade and rather distrusting they do not like humans elves or dwarves. it is noted that Arran'ak has manged to make a few diplomatic advances gaining minor amounts of trades due to being "monsters" like those of Kamal.
Customs and Traditions:
They are highly secretive and rarely will try to make contact with those outside due to old hatreds
Those in Kamal are taught all those outside their home are hostile because they are monsters and drove them below and only other "monsters can be just barely be trusted to not kill them.
Blind folds are required when dealing with them one party must always be wearing one unless one party is lacking eyes or is not alive.
Religion (if any): They worship a snake goddess Manasa almost exclusively
Geography: Kamal is a hidden kingdom made of city states below the mountains to the west of Arran'ak. They are connected by multiple caverns some big some small with their buildings often being carved into stalagmites and stalactites and using a purple serpent fire for lighting, though it is weak so surface dweller can't really see well in their home.
Language: Hist : Their personal language that resembles snake hissing it is a very hard language to learn.
Other:

Gorgari: The inhabitants of Kamal are snake people that even have snakes for hair. They were long ago driven from the surface by an alliance of elves dwarves and humans. The reason they were so hated was that they were monsters their gaze able to petrify , and their hair serpents having an extremely deadly venom. they come any many variations some being half snake other having two legs. Their scales are as hard as iron meaning they have little use for armor and some are skill mages. It is unknown how exactly they were forced down, but they hold a great fear of those above.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Here's the finished map. I can still make any adjustments you need, but if you don't have any suggestions, this is the final product. I added an eastern continent for NPC kingdoms and monsters you might want to introduce. It has a pretty nice range of climates: arctic highlands, misty mountains, a great marsh, as well as a temperate northern end.

SZ8aVRN.jpg

Last edited:
Nation Name: Kamal
Nation’s Stats: NPC kingdom no stats
Form of Government: matriarchy
International policies: Very reclusive limited trade and rather distrusting they do not like humans elves or dwarves. it is noted that Arran'ak has manged to make a few diplomatic advances gaining minor amounts of trades due to being "monsters" like those of Kamal.
Customs and Traditions:
They are highly secretive and rarely will try to make contact with those outside due to old hatreds
Those in Kamal are taught all those outside their home are hostile because they are monsters and drove them below and only other "monsters can be just barely be trusted to not kill them.
Blind folds are required when dealing with them one party must always be wearing one unless one party is lacking eyes or is not alive.
Religion (if any): They worship a snake goddess Manasa almost exclusively
Geography: Kamal is a hidden kingdom made of city states below the mountains to the west of Arran'ak. They are connected by multiple caverns some big some small with their buildings often being carved into stalagmites and stalactites and using a purple serpent fire for lighting, though it is weak so surface dweller can't really see well in their home.
Language: Hist : Their personal language that resembles snake hissing it is a very hard language to learn.
Other:

Gorgari: The inhabitants of Kamal are snake people that even have snakes for hair. They were long ago driven from the surface by an alliance of elves dwarves and humans. The reason they were so hated was that they were monsters their gaze able to petrify , and their hair serpents having an extremely deadly venom. they come any many variations some being half snake other having two legs. Their scales are as hard as iron meaning they have little use for armor and some are skill mages. It is unknown how exactly they were forced down, but they hold a great fear of those above.

Feel free to move this to the npc section.

Mirgris Mirgris
Most nations don't technically exist in the rp yet so they are practically dead^^. Though I'm going to allow Karcen Karcen to roll a dice for population if they make an opening post with their king raising some undead.

Anyway, glad to see you're interested and have read the lore. Any questions and comments, please make them in the ooc chat. I'll be moving your post in the cs over here as well, cause I'm neat like that~

Zedalb said:
Every single on of you is dead :P
Population: The people of your nation. Your nation's lifeblood. If it ever hits 0, your nation no long er exists. It's dead. It goes up when you make posts recruiting more people to your kingdom or anything along those lines.

I mean you could make the argument it didn't "hit 0" because it started there, but anyway I am interested and am looking at making a sheet, just found that funny.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Should I get rid of / move back the "catastrophic earthquake" bit of Levi'anth's founding so not to mess with the beginnings of the other nations?

And I came up with some hooks to eventually force the leviathan to interact with the other nations. They're trapped on their little island, so not much room or opportunity for hunting or growing food (esp since they're carnivores). They can survive for a little while from what the island has, and a while longer off of the mermaids' generosity (assuming they don't just eat the merfolk - highly likely), but after a while they'll need to trade with the other nations or starve. Enter rare mineral found beneath their island (either just valuable for being rare, useful, magic, whatever) that totally isn't magic space rock trope, nope not at all. Now evil monster snakes get to enter the wonderful /s world of capitalism and discover that the predators here are the fleshy meat sacks, and probably worse the short hairy fleshy meat bags (aka dwarves).

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Should I get rid of / move back the "catastrophic earthquake" bit of Levi'anth's founding so not to mess with the beginnings of the other nations?

And I came up with some hooks to eventually force the leviathan to interact with the other nations. They're trapped on their little island, so not much room or opportunity for hunting or growing food (esp since they're carnivores). They can survive for a little while from what the island has, and a while longer off of the mermaids' generosity (assuming they don't just eat the merfolk - highly likely), but after a while they'll need to trade with the other nations or starve. Enter rare mineral found beneath their island (either just valuable for being rare, useful, magic, whatever) that totally isn't magic space rock trope, nope not at all. Now evil monster snakes get to enter the wonderful /s world of capitalism and discover that the predators here are the fleshy meat sacks, and probably worse the short hairy fleshy meat bags (aka dwarves).

Yes. Or at least removing the "catastrophic" bit would be nice. Limit any earthquakes to Levi'anth's Island, unless other players are okay with rping it.

Discovery of new resources counts as technological advancements so don't forget to roll for that. Trading it would be an economic advancement.

I wrote a bit about mermaids on Trotopolis as well, so feel free to take a peek at is does involve Levi'anth in a minor manner^^

Last edited:
Yes. Or at least removing the "catastrophic" bit would be nice. Limit any earthquakes to Levi'anth's Island.

The earthquake wasn't near Blackwell, it was in the middle of the ocean and split apart the sea floor, flooding the abyss with magma. It's the thing that forced Levi'anth to leave his territory, die fighting another sea serpent, and then the leviathan to eventually meet fairy and find shelter inside Blackwell.

If that's kept where it is on the timeline it'd be felt pretty much everywhere in some form. So d you want the whole thing scrapped or moved further back on the timeline, what?

If that's kept where it is on the timeline it'd be felt pretty much everywhere in some form. So d you want the whole thing scrapped or moved further back on the timeline, what?

Moved further back would be best. Though, thb, I wouldn't mind mentioning a strange tremor be felt by my character a couple days before the teleportation to the fairly realm either. What I mean is the earthquake can't be territory-changing to other landmasses.

Last edited:
Moved further back would be best. Though, thb, I wouldn't mind mentioning a strange tremor be felt by my character a couple days before the teleportation to the fairly realm as well. What I mean is the earthquake can't be territory-changing to other landmasses.
Since it would have happened near the middle of the empral ocean I suppose it'd be fine to just hand-wave the whole thing away.

Reading the bits added to your nation, I can totally see Xir'ain showing up during the tournament, kicking a few guys' asses, and think he'd just defeated the nation's entire military because that's how his race does things.

"What do you mean I can't declare myself king!? I have defeated all challengers! REEEEEEEEEE!"

Since it would have happened near the middle of the empral ocean I suppose it'd be fine to just hand-wave the whole thing away.

Reading the bits added to your nation, I can totally see Xir'ain showing up during the tournament, kicking a few guys' asses, and think he'd just defeated the nation's entire military because that's how his race does things.

"What do you mean I can't declare myself king!? I have defeated all challengers! REEEEEEEEEE!"

He sounds like an amusing fellow^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back