• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jaydude jaydude Is the computer also speaking in Old Realm?

The image is more the result of sorcery than magitech, so not a computer. Also, rats. I didn't actually consider any potential language barriers here.

For now, you can go ahead and assume she's speaking in Old Realm, but I'll have her switch to Riverspeak in my next post.

Damn. I'll edit my post?
Yeah, that would probably be best.

For future reference, whenever I do a timeskip, I'll put the new date and time of day at the top of the post, in this format:
30th of Ascending Air, Realm Year 768, Night

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
Just going through the rulebook, and from what I've seen, exceptional weapons and armor provide no bonuses besides cosmetic stuff in 3E. Was that something you were aware of earlier?

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
Just going through the rulebook, and from what I've seen, exceptional weapons and armor provide no bonuses besides cosmetic stuff in 3E. Was that something you were aware of earlier?

I was aware of it. But showing exceptional weapons and armor, especially of old design, should give a mental edge to our side. After all, it's not everyday someone finds a stash of exceptional weapons and armor in mint condition, of such old age and design, and just outfits his troops. Sometimes it's the appearances that can decide the battle.

I was aware of it. But showing exceptional weapons and armor, especially of old design, should give a mental edge to our side. After all, it's not everyday someone finds a stash of exceptional weapons and armor in mint condition, of such old age and design, and just outfits his troops. Sometimes it's the appearances that can decide the battle.
Since we're talking non-mechanical benefits here, there's also an edge to using weapons you're familiar with instead of picking up old designs

Assuming no complaints, I'm going to change the scene to the Circle and its forces exiting the catacombs into Nalia.

There'll be a stone wall around the palace complex, along with a fortified gatehouse and gate reinforced with steel; breaking it would be a Strength 7+ feat. Given that it's night, the gate will almost certainly be closed right now.

There'll be a stone wall around the palace complex, along with a fortified gatehouse and gate reinforced with steel; breaking it would be a Strength 7+ feat. Given that it's night, the gate will almost certainly be closed right now.
Is the gatehouse in sight? How high is the wall? Where are the guards in relation to the door, and will they be able to see us approach it?

The gatehouse isn't within sight of the catacombs entrance, but you wouldn't have to go far to spot it. The wall is roughly twelve meters high at least, and will have a narrow moat surrounding it (a holdover from the days before Elua became a big city). The palace guards can be assumed to be patrolling the walls and the gatehouse, but you should be able to sneak up on them with Dex + Stealth. Moving Ryan's troops up unseen will be Int/Wits + War, however.

Only Ailera, Ryan, Axtis, and possibly his mount, can break the gate, and all of those Solars will need to invest in their Excellency, or a Charm.

What is the difficulty to climb the walls? we can have a few people climb over, and then open the gates for the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back