• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hmm. I kinda want to provide Artifacts for the other players, but I'm not quite sure what everyone might want. I'm also mindful about how many Artifacts it would take to stretch plausibility, since I'd have thought that they'd be taken back to Lookshy or sealed away in a Solar tomb as soon as possible, if the fortress was unwilling or unable to give them back to their original owners.

So, after rather too much dithering about, I'd like to get back into the story. jaydude jaydude can I just assume that Ryan's soldiers, the remaining Lookshyans and such will point us in the direction of the Circle and show up at the door while they're distributing loot?

So, after rather too much dithering about, I'd like to get back into the story. jaydude jaydude can I just assume that Ryan's soldiers, the remaining Lookshyans and such will point us in the direction of the Circle and show up at the door while they're distributing loot?

Yeah, you can assume that. And welcome back.

....and now things are going to get awkward.
Sorry about that. When push comes to shove, Ysandre does value the Circle more than she dislikes what they've done here, so this is not me trying to mess everything up. She is, however, also pretty upset on a strategic and humanitarian level.

Sorry about that. When push comes to shove, Ysandre does value the Circle more than she dislikes what they've done here, so this is not me trying to mess everything up. She is, however, also pretty upset on a strategic and humanitarian level.
No, it's fine. I always enjoy a little drama.

Speaking of looting the dead!

jaydude jaydude What did Arumi and Murasa have on their bodies? Artifact wise.

Also, did the simhata survive?

Both Arumi and Masaru had Black Jade Lamellar Armor, though I imagine they would have been damaged by the attacks that bought down their owners. Masaru had a pair of Black Jade Short Daiklaves, and Arumi had a Black Jade Daiklave, though the latter has a custom Evocation that basically turns it into a whip sword.

And no, the simhata didn't survive.

jaydude jaydude

I was looking through the book and trying to decide what to do with my grimscythe.

Given there isnt really that many soulsteel or grimscythes listed, I was wandering if a few options were okay. I'd still be looking but was wondering if this option would be something I might be able to do.

Could I perhaps model its evocations on the Orichalcum infinite chakram, Sunflash. (Arms of chosen pg71)

That if I get one more dot. See about making it like a soulsteel grimscythe version of it. Night fury or Nightlash. Basing it bringing hope and comfort to the souls within. Inspiring them and their power. Sort of playing on the idea of Zed wanting to ease the pain of even the souls within the soulsteel.

Would also love some opinions on other models that might work well!

D. Rex D. Rex
If you can translate the fluff and mechanics of Sunflash into a Soulsteel weapon and your planned concept, I say go for it!

The rules are detailed in pages 238-244 of the handbook, but essentially you get it from completing crafting projects, with the complexity of the project determining the types of crafting xp you can get. There's three of them; silver, gold and white, in order of least to most valuable, and you need the higher types of experience for the bigger and more potent projects.

jaydude jaydude what is Lookshy's practical position on the Solar Exalted in this game? are they actively sending out Wyld Hunts, or is that more a thing Sworn Brotherhoods do in their spare time as a team building exercise?

jaydude jaydude what is Lookshy's practical position on the Solar Exalted in this game? are they actively sending out Wyld Hunts, or is that more a thing Sworn Brotherhoods do in their spare time as a team building exercise?

I'm going off the 3E Dragon-blooded write-up, which states that Lookshy generally opposes the return of the Solars and supports the Wyld Hunt, though to a lesser extent than it did before the Scarlet Empress disappeared.

So, where exactly is Arumi at this point, who's looking after her, and what state is she in?

So, where exactly is Arumi at this point, who's looking after her, and what state is she in?
Last I recall, she was just lying outside, watched over by some of Ryan's men. Zedradon wanted to make sure she was safe and stable before moving her, though by this point she'll make a full recovery in 24 hours.

Last I recall, she was just lying outside, watched over by some of Ryan's men. Zedradon wanted to make sure she was safe and stable before moving her, though by this point she'll make a full recovery in 24 hours.
So we don't have eyes on the hostile Exalt. Great.

Also, regarding xp: Do we all have 30 and can we spend it immediately on anything?

Also, regarding xp: Do we all have 30 and can we spend it immediately on anything?
Yeah, you all have 30xp, and you can spend it however you like. I'm planning to skip ahead to the meeting with the River God once this plotline is over.

Reading over the various Charm tree to find something to spend xp on, it's shocking to me how many Charms are basically just Excellencies with a slight discount. Charms that actually do something you couldn't do otherwise are few and far between. Performance has a number of them which kinda makes me wish I'd picked that over Presence as my Supernal Ability now, but such is life.

That said, I think I've got my shopping list. jaydude jaydude are these OK?
**Solar Counterattack (Mel 3, Ess 1)
*Poised Lion Attitude (Pre 4, Ess 1) [Miracles of the Solar Exalted p. 25]
***Fulminating Word (Pre 5, Ess 3)

Reading over the various Charm tree to find something to spend xp on, it's shocking to me how many Charms are basically just Excellencies with a slight discount. Charms that actually do something you couldn't do otherwise are few and far between. Performance has a number of them which kinda makes me wish I'd picked that over Presence as my Supernal Ability now, but such is life.

That said, I think I've got my shopping list. jaydude jaydude are these OK?
**Solar Counterattack (Mel 3, Ess 1)
*Poised Lion Attitude (Pre 4, Ess 1) [Miracles of the Solar Exalted p. 25]
***Fulminating Word (Pre 5, Ess 3)
I've noticed that too a bit.

And also just made a performance supernal. Was surprised how useful some if those charms could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back