• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
When it was first mentioned, I got the impression Quill didn't want to reveal information to anyone outside the circle to avoid interference. I would think he'd attempt to solve the issue without them first, but again, that may be based on a misunderstanding.

Your project though, don't let us get in the way of making it work.

He doesn't want to reveal much information. But Lyla, at least, already knows he's a Solar, so it's less of a 'risk'. And there is more than one way to ask for such information, besides coming right out and saying "hey, i'm a Solar, and I'm looking for an Orichalcum Artifact, do you know where it is?"

Also, what color of Jade is extracted from the mine?
Green Jade, owing to the mine's proximity to a forest, and Black Jade, owing to the mine's proximity to the Yellow River. The Green Jade's up near the top, in or below the forest roots, and the Black Jade's deeper down, closer to the river.

I figured the statue on the chair would have been a bit too obvious.

jaydude jaydude Is this battle still considered part of the same scene as finding the tomb? I assume it is, but just wanted to be clear.
The reason am asking, is because one can only Introduce Fact once per scene, and I believe I did that in looking for the tomb, so I am not allowed to do it again during the battle, if it's the same scene.

Last edited:
jaydude jaydude Is this battle still considered part of the same scene as finding the tomb? I assume it is, but just wanted to be clear.
The reason am asking, is because one can only Introduce Fact once per scene, and I believe I did that in looking for the tomb, so I am not allowed to do it again during the battle, if it's the same scene.
Afraid so.

BTW, IIRC, crashing an opponent grants +5 initiative, so am at 20.

You're right. I've edited the post in question.

Also, would you like me to skip to the end of the fight? The statue's still got a few health levels left, but I doubt it'll stand much chance against a Solar now that it's been pushed into the -1's.

The idea of making Ailera the local spymaster is one that appeals to me. Does anyone know a good Charm tree that will help speed that along, to recruit more people into a network? Or is it just a matter of roleplaying it out and spending the Background points into Contacts?

Since I already have Contacts at a 3, would I need to increase it, or am I looking for Followers instead?

The idea of making Ailera the local spymaster is one that appeals to me. Does anyone know a good Charm tree that will help speed that along, to recruit more people into a network? Or is it just a matter of roleplaying it out and spending the Background points into Contacts?

You can go ahead and spend Background points on Contacts if you want. As for Charm trees, afraid I don't know any off the top of my head.

Since I already have Contacts at a 3, would I need to increase it, or am I looking for Followers instead?

Given that we've got each other's roles in our 2.5e game (Storyteller and Night Caste player), I'm feeling more than a little irony in this current situation. 😆

Anyway, I'd say that for 3e, you'd need to buy Contacts for every organization you plan to infiltrate and get information from, and these can certainly be spies loyal to you, though they wouldn't be able to do much more than provide information, unlike followers.

Socialize and Larceny would be what you want for disguise, personas, interacting with criminals, and reading people in general. Given your current path, you already have more or less everything you'd need from Larceny for the foreseeable future. If you want to personally ferret information out of unwitting individuals for blackmail and the like, Socialize will help you get past other's guile, build a false persona, prevent people from seeing through your intent, etc.

Building an organization of contacts sounds like followers, retainers, and contacts though depending on how you intend to operate.

Also since Ryan is getting Solar XP for Dawn Caste-y actions, I'd like to nominate Quill ( Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws ) for his work in uncovering the mysteries of the artifact, and Ailera ( Sherwood Sherwood ) for deceiving and infiltrating the bandits skillfully.

Also since Ryan is getting Solar XP for Dawn Caste-y actions, I'd like to nominate Quill ( Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws ) for his work in uncovering the mysteries of the artifact, and Ailera ( Sherwood Sherwood ) for deceiving and infiltrating the bandits skillfully.

I'm prepared to give Quill some Solar XP. And after thinking about it for a bit, I'll let Ailera have some too, if only because she was working with fellow criminals. They each get 2 Solar XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back