• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I am, although I'm on vacation this week for my anniversary and this without a computer.

I wasn't aware you were waiting for a post from me, though. I figured Catseye would accompany her Captain to whenever the PCs meet up with them next? And the rest of the party has clearly had other things to do in the meantime. ;)

It's fine. In that case, I'll assume that she chose to accompany Mara.

If no-one else objects, I'm going to skip to the characters gathering at our camp in my next post.

By the time the other had arrived to camp, Quill had Ryan's men bring in some odd and pieces of metal, and has assembled them into functioning, if not too pretty, chairs and table. It was all done in haste, and with no proper tools, but for the twilight, it was not a hindrance, as he worked with his bare hands to bend, shape, and connect the various pieces.

Now, he reclined in one of the chairs, waiting to hear how things go, though he did smile when Ryan mentioned him as a ruins and gemstone mining expert. While he didn't really know a lot about gemstone mining, he did know some, more than any of the others present, likely, and what knowledge he lacked, he knew he could learn quickly.
Ryan is a layman so word choice is a bit off, but prospecting would be the real expertise here I think. Which is the type of skill we'd desperately want any how.

Though, being able to properly enter and excavate new ruins would be just as, if not more, profitable.
cover1.jpg

I'm just trying to get Ailera back to meet up with the rest of the Circle before any of the fun combat breaks out without me being there.

She is present for the current scene where we try and reach an agreement for terms on mercenary contracts. To my knowledge, anyways.

jaydude jaydude I haven't specified anything about natural and/or ancient riches to be found in Nalia, but it's something Ysandre would know about. Do you want to make a ruling regarding what can be found, or should I try writing something up about it?

jaydude jaydude I haven't specified anything about natural and/or ancient riches to be found in Nalia, but it's something Ysandre would know about. Do you want to make a ruling regarding what can be found, or should I try writing something up about it?

There could well be riches that she wouldn't know about. Especially when it comes to gems or metals. Even in our world we sometimes find new sources.

If you have something specific in mind, you can certainly suggest something to me, and save me the trouble of coming up with something.

I figure worst case scenario is that we'd have to go and seize territory.
Going to war to pay for the war we just had, what could possibly go wrong? ;)

If you have something specific in mind, you can certainly suggest something to me, and save me the trouble of coming up with something.
I'm thinking of Nalia as the last bastion of civilization in the East, so what i had in mind for its economy is mainly trade and manufacture rather than natural resources like gold mines and such. That ties in pretty well with stuff like First Age (Shogunate or Deliberative) ruins.

On that note, it's also pretty relevant how its standing army looks compared to the forces we have now assembled. We have Solars, yes, but numbers still matter and the reason Ysandre left rather than fight it out immediately was so that she could return and take the county with minimal bloodshed through overwhelming firepower.

Took a bit longer to reply than I would have liked.

I'm thinking of Nalia as the last bastion of civilization in the East, so what i had in mind for its economy is mainly trade and manufacture rather than natural resources like gold mines and such. That ties in pretty well with stuff like First Age (Shogunate or Deliberative) ruins.

What precisely would you hope to get out of Ysandre's knowledge? Seeing as she's the daughter of the old king and his designated heir, I can certainly buy her being privy to information that he didn't see fit to share with anyone else. Perhaps along the lines of a First Age Ruin or diamond mine that he was planning to excavate/develop before he took ill? Of course, given his background, Quill might also know this stuff.

Also, you could - if you wanted - extend this knowledge to include any nations around Nalia who might be willing to support Ysandre.

On that note, it's also pretty relevant how its standing army looks compared to the forces we have now assembled. We have Solars, yes, but numbers still matter and the reason Ysandre left rather than fight it out immediately was so that she could return and take the county with minimal bloodshed through overwhelming firepower.

I was thinking something along the lines of its full strength being between 2,000 and 4,000 foot troops (the majority of them infantry, the rest archers) with Average Drill, as well as a few hundred knights/armored cavalry with Elite Drill.

What precisely would you hope to get out of Ysandre's knowledge?
A way to pay all of these nice people who are offering to support me, and of doing so without taxing the people into starvation.
I was thinking something along the lines of its full strength being between 2,000 and 4,000 foot troops (the majority of them infantry, the rest archers) with Average Drill, as well as a few hundred knights/armored cavalry with Elite Drill.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. And also like significantly more than what we currently have at our disposal.

A way to pay all of these nice people who are offering to support me, and of doing so without taxing the people into starvation.

You could certainly have Ysandre tell the others about an unmined area rich in diamonds or some other valuable resource, or an undiscovered First Age ruin that could help pay off everyone in some way.

jaydude jaydude can I assume we've each had a bit of time on our own between returning to camp and sitting down for the meeting? Specifically, can I have had time to activate Indefinite Charms with Peripheral Essence and had time for my Anima to die down again?

Rykon Rykon has Ysandre been given her own tent or some such in the camp?

jaydude jaydude can I assume we've each had a bit of time on our own between returning to camp and sitting down for the meeting? Specifically, can I have had time to activate Indefinite Charms with Peripheral Essence and had time for my Anima to die down again?

Yes, you may.

Rykon Rykon has Ysandre been given her own tent or some such in the camp?
I would think so. I certainly wouldn't expect her to have to share one with the men.

Might I be allowed to Introduce a fact about a small Jade mine that was worked in the Shogunate, but was forgotten with the Balorian Crusade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back