• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"As you may have guessed, this is Lyla. This one here with the Goremaul is her attendant Attimus. They are here to finalize the agreement with Feren and discuss a possible deal regarding our mission for Ysandre. I'll do introductions as everyone arrives." Ryan turns back to his guests. "Lyla, this is Knight-Sergeant Gavin Tannis of the Crimson Fangs. Back before I Exalted, this man was the senior I was squired to, brief though that time was. Presently, he is the second in command just next to me."

Last edited:
Once Ailera gets the word that the others have returned, she politely bows out of the game that she's in. "Sorry, guys. Gotta go. Duty calls and all that." She gives them a smile and heads for the rendezvous with Ryan and the other Exalts.

On their way back to camp, Quill would excitedly tell him about how he managed to form a deeper bond with his Artifact. And how, if Ryan is interested, he will see if he can do the same for him.

Tannis nods at Ryan as he introduces Lyla and Attimus, before turning his gaze onto the woman from the Guild. Though he does a decent enough job of hiding it, he's clearly admiring her beauty, even if it's not quite on the level of Ysandre's. For her part, Lyla just gives him a polite nod and smile when she notices him looking at her.

When Ailera arrives, Lyla and Attimus both look at her and size her up, the two of them soon working out that she's more than just one of Ryan's rank and file. Lyla even goes so far as to address her.

"Greetings. I am Lyla of the Guild. And you are?" she asks.

Ailera looks at the Guildswoman with curiosity. With a slight bow, she says, "Well met, Lady Lyla. I am Ailera Kerion, a fellow Exalt that has thrown her hat into the ring to help out our displaced Queen to regain her rightful throne." Ailera watches the face of Lyla to see her reaction to being in the presence of another Exalt.

Quill takes out the necklace he made, and with a grin, he says "I kinda made it obvious I was an Exalt when I threw this trinket together, as these two were watching" and he points at Lyla and Attimus, and then gestures at Attimus' Grand Goremaul. "You're still certain I can try and help you unlock more power from it?" And this is said inan almost matter-of-fact sort of way...

"As Quill said, she knows and accepts what some of us are. In spite of that knowledge, she has still expressed interest in helping us. Provided the benefits outweigh the cost, of course." Ryan added with a smile. "Since you're the first one here, could you bring us up to speed with what has happened in our absence, Ailera?"

Ailera nods. "Of course. While you were meeting with Lyla, I went to try and find the bandit leader and talk to him. After a brief run-in with a few of his men, I was taken to meet with a fellow named Ganzin, a Dragon Blooded of the Fire Aspect. After a bit of negotiating, I have gotten him willing to meet with Ysandre and discuss turning his bandit crew of roughly one hundred into an added military force to aid in the retaking of the throne. He is protective of his band of scoundrels, and the thought that they may be able to get pardons for past crimes committed in Ysandre's turf has him interested. Along with the reward that they could be getting for working for her has his attention."

Lyla gives a nod as Quill mentions her knowledge of his Solar status, and a nod and a grin when Ryan says his piece, not denying her desire to be rewarded. She raises an eyebrow ever so slightly when she hears that Ailera was able to negotiate with Ganzin.

When Quill makes his offer of trying to help him unlock more power from his weapon, Attimus looks at Lyla, who gives a little shrug as if to say 'why not, it wouldn't hurt'. Satisfied, the head of Lyla's bodyguards turns back to Quill, speaking quietly to him to avoid talking over the conversation between Ryan, Ailera and Lyla.

"You can certainly have a try. I've found it has a few powers on my own - namely being able to knock things very far away."

At the news of the bandits, Ryan seemed a bit disappointed at one point of information in particular, "They intend to become Nalian military then? Very well. I hope they have the discipline to hold their ground in a real fight." With an unspoken condescension toward the practice of highway robbery. "At some point I'll have to make time to bolster my own ranks, but there's been little to spare to look for recruits."

"I'm sure you can try to wrangle them to join your crew. This deal is by no means set in stone, after all."

"I won't be caught dead pleading to highwaymen, but I will permit them the option. If they are found to be a bad fit with the Sergeant and the rest of my troops, then I will have to let them go. I don't intend to provoke my current ranks by the addition of crude ruffians that may leave them to die in the field." Ryan relaxed the tense grip he had been accumulating on his Daiklave as he realized how aggravated he was getting.

"Regardless of those concerns, getting them to stand down is good work. I'm glad you're here with us Ailera."

Quill nods at Attimus'. Eager to feel how the Grand Goremaul would feel as he ignites it's power further.

Holding it up together with Attimus', he lets his power course through it and the Dragon-Blooded, trying to deepen their bond.

Last edited:
Attimus twitches a little as he feels Quill's Essence run through him and his weapon, but he doesn't flinch from it.

"How will I know if this has worked?" he asks of the Twilight caste.

Quill looks at Attimus amused "I could feel a slight difference in the essence flows within it. Try and explore it's power. I have found myriad powers with Sun's Brush while Ryan and Lyla were concluding their discussion." He says as he calls forth his weapon from thin air, caressing it almost like a lover.

Attimus gives a low grumble of disapproval as he sees Quill summon Sun's Brush out of thin air. He'd only found out Quill could do that on the trip back to Feren Mine, and he's still a bit irked that the Twilight Caste was able to effectively smuggle it into Lyla's villa without him catching it (In his mind, the fact that Quill didn't actually have it on his person for most of the time he was in the villa is neither here nor there).

Still, he gives Quill a nod, acknowledging his words and what he's done. "I suppose I'll find out soon enough."

Esbilon Esbilon
Nearby, having listened to the discussion between Ryan and Ailera regarding Ganzin's bandits, Lyla decides to speak up. "This Queen of yours, is she within this camp and willing to meet with me? Or should we head to the mine to formalize the agreement with Feren now?"

"I am here," Ysandre says, stepping out from among the trees. Though she likes the soldiers well enough, she had been a little ways away from the camp to better gather her thoughts and think. She joins the small gathering of Exalts and other notables with a friendly smile on her lips and her ice-blue eyes fixed on the newcomers. "And I am very glad to meet you, Guildswoman Lyla," she adds with a small bow. "And gladder still that we have been able to come to an agreement that may benefit us all."

OOC: Awakened Carnal Demiurge is still active, but she's not pulling out any other stops at this stage.

Lyla looks Ysandre up and down, giving her a smile of approval once she's finished looking her over.

"So you are the exiled queen. You are certainly far too splendid-looking for a hard life on the road." she says, before she looks at Ryan and gives him a wink, then turns her head back to Ysandre. "Are you talking about the deal that Ryan, Quill and presumably you have brokered between me and Juyou Feren? If so, I must admit that while it's not how I had planned to resolve the dispute, it is certainly an arrangement that, as you say, would benefit all involved parties."

"I've come here today not only so that Feren and I can formally agree to the deal, but because I am considering aiding your efforts to retake what Ryan describes as your rightful throne."

Ryan returned Lyla's wink with an affectionate smile. Assuming he would have to answer for what was divulged he decided to pick up where Lyla left off. "Initially, I had only shared enough to establish what our purpose was and what we intended to gain from brokering this deal. Trying to withhold basic details of intention is a sign of untrustworthiness after all. To my pleasant surprise, however, she does seem eager to be involved in our activity going forward even with such few details as I've shared."

The young commander turned about to Quill, waving him forward to take the spotlight once his business with Attimus had concluded. "Much as I've gushed about the mastery of our friend here in the past, I will say again. Quill is what makes the operation possible long-term. It is his knowledge and talents that can direct us to various deposits of minerals and relics. Even recently he has learned to coax new life from our existing antiquities." Turning back to Lyla, Ryan added. "That's part of why I spoke to you of your research, Lyla. The more resources we have at hand, the more wealth we can pry from the earth."

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws

Quill stands tall, well, as tall as his 5' frame allows. "Apparently it isn't always as easy to coax new Evocations, but it is definitely an interesting thing, if anyone here would like to help them." But despite speaking, genuinely, to all others present, his eyes are locked at Ysandre, and not just due to her heavenly beauty. He then begins to kneel, and then stops, as he extends his hand towards her, presenting the amulet he made "I know it doesn't compare to a proper crown, but this simple piece is but a simple token of my skill in crafting, and a testament to the quality of work you can expect."

"It does make sense, looking for clues in the past." Lyla says to Ryan. "Still though, what I told you about the Solars on the journey here was more or less a summary of everything I know about them. I didn't choose to focus on artifacts, tombs or manses; I just wanted to discover the truth about them, and that information on its own was hard to obtain. Still, if I do decide to support your cause, I can certainly use my resources to aid your efforts."

When Quill gets down on his knees and presents the amulet he crafted to Ysandre, Lyla turns to watch the two, interested in seeing how things go.

Ysandre takes the Twilight's hand and pulls it gently upwards, indicating that the man should stand. Once he does, she takes the necklace from his hands and smiles at him. "Thank you Quill, this is beautiful," she says, turning it over in her hands to better see the intricate details worked into the gold. "I will treasure it."

Quill beams with pleasure. "And if you wish to have me try and unlock some Evocations from your ancestral blade, it would be an honor."

Lyla allows herself the pleasure of a little smile at seeing Quill's gift to Ysandre be so warmly received by the exiled queen, choosing to remain silent for the time being rather than ruin the moment.

Ysandre looks at Quill for a few moments as she considers his new offer and the nods. She puts away the amethyst and skilfully draws Joy from its scabbard before offering it to Quill hilt-first. "This blade has been in my family for centuries," she says as she looks down on the golden blade held in her pale hands, "but I am not sure any of my ancestors have unlocked its full power. Though we carry the blood of the divine, to the best of my knowledge none of them were Exalts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back