• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Inside Ryan's camp, Ailera is afraid that someone will recognize that she/he is not one of their number, so when the Sergeant asks if she is staying or leaving, she/he says, "I'd best be on the way back to report our status here." With a curt nod, she turns on her heel and heads back into the city.

Once she is out of sight, she will drop her disguise and shift her clothes back to a comfortable traveling outfit, and heads back to the inn that she is staying at. Once there, she orders a drink and mulls over the sights of the camp she was just at. A disciplined bunch. That is a good reflection on their commander, at least. I do hope that this does not blow up in my face.

Ysandre has been silent while the quintet entered the tavern, contemplating her answer to Ryan's question and despite herself feels a little relieved at not having to answer it quite yet. Though she believes very much in returning to her homeland and wresting power from her brother and the Immaculates, being put on the spot like this makes her feel her youth and inexperience.

She nods in response to Ryan's prompt and rises from the table.

Assuming he wasn't interrupted, Ryan would head outside, reclaim his Daiklave from his men outside, and start walking to the tavern where Ailera had indicated she'd be.

"It's a convenient excuse, but not really a lie. While out and about, I may as well give confirmation of the meeting to our new contacts. Given that you have the highest profile of our group, I'd think it prudent to not walk around alone. it may only save yourself the trouble of wasting time on lesser ruffians, but still. If you have other errands to finish however, I'll be explaining everything in detail at camp tonight."

Though there was nothing directly tying the men to either her or Ryan, Ysandre kept an eye out as they left the tavern. Despite being away from the court of her father, she retains the skills learned there, keeping watch out of the corners of her eyes and being aware of reflections in nearby surfaces. It would not do, after all, for a princess to be seen as nervously looking around all the time.

OOC: Perception awareness with 4 Peripheral Motes for the Excellency and assuming a rank 1 stunt: 3+5+4+2 = 14 dice => 14 sux... Well then.

Ryan keeps his head on a swivel as always, not even needing to conceal his alert status as a proper soldier keeps his guard up.

Both charms from earlier are scene long. So that 9 is doubled. 5 successes.

As Ryan and Ysandre leave and start heading towards the Dancing Gryphon inn, Ryan notices that one of the Water Aspects from the tavern is tailing them. Ysandre, by contrast, notices that all five of the Water Aspects are stealthily following after them.

What do the two of you do?

Roll 1 = 8 successes
Roll 2 = 5 successes
Roll 3 = 8 successes
Roll 4 = 9 successes
Roll 5 = 9 successes

Last edited:
Ryan utters in a low whisper to Ysandre, "At least one of them is following us. Do you want to confront them or try and lose them? They bare no marks of faction affiliation, but all are water aspects by aspect markings."

"All five of them are there," she replies, seemingly unperturbed. "Which makes me think this is an ambush rather than a scouting operation. Do you have a place you'd prefer fighting a full five Princes of the Earth?" She asks with a hint of gallows humor.

Ryan took a moment to think about it. "If we start a fight I'm going to end up conquering the entire town... If we leave for camp, they'll try and set fire to us in the night during our meeting, possibly even our ally's ship. Guess run it is... I apologize for what I have to do."

Ryan would lead Ysandre into an alleyway where he could turn two corners quickly, then scoop her into his arms and leap up to the rooftops. "Again, sorry for the indignity my lady, but this is the easiest way to lose these sluggards." Ryan finished, taking the chase to the rooftops before quickly breaking line of sight to change direction multiple times over the course of the pursuit.

OOC: Using Monkey Leap Technique to leap up one range band at a time.

The Dragon-bloods come running into the alleyway just as Ryan leaps up to the rooftops with Ysandre in his arms. One of them can be heard to exclaim "By Venus!" as he watches the two.

( Rykon Rykon , since Ryan is attempting to outrun the five, give me a Dexterity + Athletics roll please.)

I'll spend 3 personal and 4 peripheral on the excellency.

Edit: if it matters, repeatedly using monkey leap technique would let me cross past multiple streets faster than they could run by default. It would be a matter of finding concealment after landing.

Pool: 17

12 successes

Not gonna try and roll, since Ryan has more successes than each of the Dragon-bloods have dice.

By the time Ryan has stopped running and jumping across the rooftops of the city, the Dragon-bloods are nowhere to be seen, with Ryan and Ysandre out of sight of where they ascended to the rooftops.

What do the two of you do now?

With Quill...
"You needn't worry. As I said, the mine is in the lands north of Marita." replies Kahoda. "And yes, the ladies will always love diamonds. The owner has agreed to sell me what diamonds he can, and I have it on good authority that the majority are reasonably pure, with one or two particularly good ones every now and again."

As the conversation turns back to the count, Kahoda looks at Quill with a slightly concerned expression. "If you wish to investigate the matter, I will not stop you. But I will advise you to be careful. When I talked with the count in my shop, he was like a man constantly looking over his shoulder, out of fear that someone would stab him in the back. It seems to me the count fears that merely leaving Nalia will not be enough to ensure that the king will leave him be. And that fear may well be justified."

Quill thanks Kahoda for the time invested, and for the news and bids him goodbye, heading out to the camp.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna try and roll, since Ryan has more successes than each of the Dragon-bloods have dice.

By the time Ryan has stopped running and jumping across the rooftops of the city, the Dragon-bloods are nowhere to be seen, with Ryan and Ysandre out of sight of where they ascended to the rooftops.

What do the two of you do now?
Ryan makes way to the docks where Mara's ship is, thinking it best to blend into a bustling area then prowling around taverns.

"Change of plans. I was going to speak to the scout first, but we could use the cover of allied mercs for a time while I recover essence."

Ailera is currently busy enjoying her third, or maybe its her fourth, ale of the afternoon. With the happy glow of intoxication buzzing about her head, she is wondering when she might hear from Ryan.

With Ailera...
Time passes as Ailera mulls things over at the Dancing Gryphon inn. The bar area is currently around half-full, patrons coming and going as they please. Contrary to the Wanderer's Rest and Darkened Dirk, it seems to cater more to the local workers and residents, rather than travelers or mercenaries.

As the bartender hands Ailera her latest drink, he looks at her with friendly concern. "You want me to get another one ready?" he asks.

With Quill...
Sergeant Tannis greets the Twilight caste upon his return to the camp. "Good to see you again, Quill." he calls out, before he turns his attention to the two missing Solars. "Will the boss and Ysandre be back shortly?"

Quill claps Sergeant Tannis' shoulder as a greeting. "You mean they haven't returned yet? We parted ways and were supposed to meet here." He looks around. "Let me go and check it out."

"Well that was bracing," Ysandre says once Ryan sets her back down. "Next time you decide to take liberties with my dignity, I would appreciate a fair warning," she adds and fixes him with a piercing glance. "Did you notice," she continues as she looks away from her companion to observe the crowd, "that they invoked the Maiden of Serenity rather than the Immaculate Dragons when you left them standing around in that alley?"

Ryan took the scolding with only a shrug, knowing he did the best he could for the situation they were in. When Venus was mentioned he turned to Ysandre, still alert while they filtered through the streets. "I did notice. You think they are from home rather than the Realm or Lookshy?"

"No. I don't think there are five Nalian Water-Aspects I've never seen before, and even if there were, I would expect them to swear by the Dragons like good Immaculates."

With Quill...
Sergeant Tannis gives a shrug of his shoulders. "Perhaps they just got held up somewhere? The boss sent a soldier to check up on things here a while ago, and the soldier said that we'd likely be marching soon. So I shouldn't think they'd be much longer."

With Catseye, Ryan and Ysandre...
Elsewhere in the city, Mara and Catseye are going around trying to dig up information on Ryan and Ailera, but so far they're not having much luck. Quite by coincidence - or perhaps the Loom of Fate - the two of them come across Ryan and Ysandre as the Dawn and Zenith caste are talking with one another.

Mara is the first to speak. "Hey there, Ryan. Funny I should run into you here." she says with a friendly smile, before turning to look at Catseye. "This is Ryan, the mercenary captain I was telling you about earlier. He's the one who came to me about the job offer."

She then looks back at Ysandre, and her gaze becomes admiring as she grins at the Zenith. "He didn't say anything about this fine beauty, though."

"Of course I told you of our prospective employer." Ryan added with a chuckle. "Though, I'm not at liberty to be too vocal of her admirable qualities until we solve her problem. I also see you have me at a disadvantage as well, Mara. Perhaps we can complete introductions with some wine and a less public setting, however." Ryan offered with a polite bow, hoping to evade the eyes of more potential bounty hunters.

Mara turns her grin towards Ryan. "Yes, but I don't recall you telling me what your prospective employer looked like." she replies, before giving Ysandre a courteous nod of her head. "Apologies, my lady. I am Mara, leader of the Cerulean River-dragons and Captain of the Resplendent Dolphin of Sparkling Waters. And this woman..." she gestures to the Eclipse "...is Catseye, a member of my crew."

"If the two of you wish to talk further, my ship is close by. Or alternatively, we could head over to your camp."

Ryan smiled "Camp would be best. I need to stop by and get Ailera though. My lady, do you mind returning to camp with our friends here while I go notify our final guest?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back