• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"And one more thing. I'm sure you have already taken this into consideration, but once the bodies are discovered, which they likely will be by nightfall, then I have no doubt that their security will tighten immensely. If not send out messengers on foot to report of matters." He pointed out.

"Attacking during the daylight may not be ideal, but it worth weighing its advantage while we so far have them caught relatively unawares."

"And one more thing. I'm sure you have already taken this into consideration, but once the bodies are discovered, which they likely will be by nightfall, then I have no doubt that their security will tighten immensely. If not send out messengers on foot to report of matters." He pointed out.

"Attacking during the daylight may not be ideal, but it worth weighing its advantage while we so far have them caught relatively unawares."

"You make a good point, but according to Ailera, they've already found the bodies. So it's already too late to completely take them by surprise." Ganzin says.

Zedradon nodded at the clarification. "I see. My attention must have drifted during the talk of personal matters, and failed to return."

"Well, in that case, night would be best. Unless there is any value in attacking before they organize."

Axtis listens to the plan and nods. "I can be as quiet or loud with my bow as you need, keeping my selection of Charms to a dull roar until such time as the need arises for me to hit something much harder."

"If there are no other objections then we will proceed with the plan and wait for nightfall. Hopefully by then, the watch will lose a bit of their edge. Stealth advantages not withstanding." Ryan stated.

"None from me, either." Axtis is quite calm in the face of the impending attack, as if this is what she was born to do.

As the day passes, one of the cutters from the fortress on the opposite side of the river is seen sailing across to the other fortress. From the hiding place of the Silver Mermaid, you are unable to see what, if anything, it's carrying.

22nd of Ascending Air, Realm Year 768, Night

With the descent of night, there is just enough visibility to make out the glow of several torches from atop the walls; evidently the guards are still on patrol following the deaths of their two sorcerers. But even with their torches, they'll have a harder time spotting anyone approaching the walls in the dark.

The mortal forces of the Circle - Ryan's mercenaries and Ganzin's bandits - stand ready to move upon receiving the order.

Assuming that Ryan intends to go with his original plan of having the Exalts approach the walls first, all Solars taking part in the attack please give me a Dex+Stealth roll.

Rykon Rykon
Again assuming that Ryan's going with his original plan, attempting to move his mortal troops into a standby position out of sight of the fortress will count as an Ambush stratagem. At the same time, in terms of mechanics, the commander of the fortress will attempt to use a Fortifications stratagem against Ryan. Both of you have a -1 modifier due to lack of knowledge about the opposing general.

Ailera moves forward with the others, moving as silently as possible for her, using her Essence to enhance her own stealth ability.
Spending 3m on Easily Overlooked Presence Method and 5m on Stealth Excellency
Total of 8 successes on my Dex + Stealth roll

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 5
Peripheral: 33 (23) /
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Axtis decides to approach the fort on foot, instead of on horseback (or rather, unicorn back), and does her best to be as silent as possible.
Spending 3m on Stealth Excellency

Total of 10 Successes on Dex + Stealth

Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Personal: 13 / 10
Peripheral: 33 (23)

Join Battle: 10 +3 Successes

Parry: 4
Evasion: 6
Guile: 1

Soak: 3
Armored Soak: 8
Hardness: 7
Total Soak: 11

Summer Thunder
Type: Light (+10 DMG, OVW 3)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Tags: Lethal, Archery (Long), Mounted
Hearthstone slot(s): 1

Zed has no stealth. With a dex of 5, would that mean he rolls 5 dice?

I would highly anticipate his failure of the roll(knowing my luck). Would he be suggested to take a different tactic? Such as diversionary to draw eyes away to make it easy on the ambushers?

You will be able to roll five dice with your Dexterity of five. You can also spend a Willpower point to get a automatic success if you want.

Zedradon had a great amount of apprehension about his involvement in such an approach. But... he would try his best.

Spending 1wp for Automatic success.

8 successes (with five dice!)

(3 tens! Hot diggity Zed is a sneaky boi!)

Not gonna roll. Max number of dice battle-ready troops/medium infantry can roll for senses is 4.

The exalts all press themselves against the wall. Judging from the lack of loud voices from above, the guards didn't see you as you approached. What now?

Ryan looks for a spot where he can attempt to leap up the battlements without drawing excessive amounts of attention.

Ailera whispers, "I can leap up to the top easily enough, then I can drop down a rope and help pull anyone up that needs it." She looks and listens for any signs of approaching guards.

Perception roll = 4 succcesses

Axtis whispers back, "I would either need a gate opened for me, or the rope you offered to climb up onto the wall. Sadly, I lack the ability to jump as high as you can." She holds her bow in hand with a relaxed grip, ready to do violence at a moment's notice.

Four successes on a Perception + Awareness roll

"I can carry you up myself if needs be. Really this is just a matter of picking our moment and location for the best result." Ryan responded with a shrug.

In spite of the impeccable sentry practices of Lookshy, Ailera and Axtis do spot a part of the wall that isn't watched quite as closely as the rest of it, where they and the rest of the Solars can get on and across with proper timing.

Ailera points over towards the gap in the guards' patrol pattern and says in a quiet voice, "There. We can get up to the top of the wall without being spotted. Lets go." Moving forward as silently as possible, she takes one last look around before making the leap up to the top of the wall.
Perception 3 successes
Stealth 5 successes

Personal: 13 / 11

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Axtis says nothing, instead she simply follows along to the opening in the security and waits for her chance to move up on the wall.
Health Levels
- 0 [ ]
- 1 [ ][ ][ ]
- 2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
- 4 [ ]
I

Personal: 13

Join Battle: 10 +3 Successes

Parry: 4
Evasion: 6
Guile: 1

Soak: 3
Armored Soak: 8
Hardness: 7
Total Soak: 11

Summer Thunder
Type: Medium (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
Accuracy: Close −1; Short +5; Medium +3; Long +1; Extreme −1
Tags: Lethal, Archery (Long), Mounted
Hearthstone slot(s): 1

Ryan follows his companions, moving as silently as he is able in spite of the necessary acrobatics to maneuver over the wall.

[3 successes]

Moving along the wall, Zedradon waited under his fellow Solars. He waved Axtis over.

"Axtis. You are a lot more sprightly and quite than me. Let me help you up first." He offered.

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a thief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back