• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The statue falls towards Quill, intending to land on him feet-first and squash him like a glowworm.

(Withering attack, 7 successes.)

Round 1:
Statue: 5 <------
Quill: 3

Round 2:
Statue: 5
Quill: 3

Quill brings Sun's Brush up in an upward motion designed to tangle into the statue's legs, as he twists himself away from the descending figure, and assumes a combat pose near, but not too near, where he can use his weapon's reach to strike.

[One die stunt. and spending 4m to buy 2 successes, raising my Defense to 8]

With a twist of Sun's Brush, Quill slide between the statue's legs, and tries to cut across it's back, sending it reeling.

[Assuming a one die stunt, that's 6 successes]

Ordinarily, Ryan would spare his power and attempt to defend more conservatively as he always had other elements to concern himself with on the battlefield. This man, however, begged to be made an example of.

Ryan surges with power elevating his anima to it's peak, his will driving his blade to swat the pole arm aside with unshakeable, thundering force.

"Now to finish this!"

Ganzin is sent staggering to the side from Ryan's parry, having gritted his teeth at his attacks failing to connect with Ryan.

Your go again, Rykon Rykon

Round 2:
Ryan: 26 (Anima glowing) <------
Ganzin: -3 (Crashed, anima glowing)

The statue is unable to block the attack, the orichalcum blade of Sun's Brush leaving a long mark on its back as it staggers forward from the force of the blow.

Statue's soak/hardness is 13/7. Roll damage.

Ryan continues his onslaught be bringing the orichalcum daiklave back up in a fierce slash, aiming specifically for the Guan dao itself. With the streaming flash of reflected sunlight, Ryan attempted to end the duel by casting his opponent's weapon hurtling through the air and holding the man at sword point.

Making a disarm gambit in an effort to end the duel without killing Ganzin, rolling the decisive attack pool. Spending a will to gain the benefit of a full excellency, per a charm effect, making the die pool 21 before stunt.

Only 8 successes again, man this die roller is really unimpressed with me.

Ganzin is unable to avoid the attack or parry it away.

You still overcame his defense. Anyway, roll initiative.

Alright, here's the Initiative roll, I think I roll all 26 then pay the cost. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

9 successes against difficulty 3.

It says in the rulebook that you're trying to beat the gambit's difficulty rating (3). Then regardless of what happens, you just lose (gambit difficulty + 1) initiative.

The guandao is sent flying from Ganzin's hands, to land blade-first into the ground with an almighty crash, reminding everyone around of just how heavy such weapons are without attunement.

Elsewhere, finding himself unarmed and with Warden pressing against his throat, Ganzin raises his hands up to the level of his head while instinctively leaning away from the blade.

"I yield." he says, nonchalantly. "Rest assured that me and my people will join you."

From her position watching the duel, Ailera is quite impressed with the fighting prowess of both men. I am no slouch, but I don't know if I could have taken Ganzin in a fair fight.

Ryan exhaled slowly, putting Warden back in its sheath. It would take some time for his anima to fully dim, but it was clear that he relaxed from his previous intensity.

"Well fought. I probably exerted more than I normally would have, but I wouldn't dishonor a sincere request like that by holding back."

"Hey, no problem. Like I said, I wanted to see if you could back up your words." replies Ganzin with a grin, before he looks off to the side and his smile becomes a slight grimace, as if he's recalling a bad memory. "I mean, I know you Solars are skilled, but it's not like you're unbeatable..."

He then looks back at Ryan, the grin returning. "Anyway, shall we head over to your camp? Or would you and your men like to relocate next to mine? I suppose we'll have to start making plans on what to do next."

Ryan's eyes narrow, suspecting there is a story to Ganzin's idle words. Given his expression, the commander decides it best to leave it be for the moment. "I'd prefer to move to my camp. I want your men to see what is expected of them with their own eyes. I understand you wish to be more of an ambush and recon unit, but there is a baseline I would see them meet. I would not have you all overwhelmed when a thoroughly laid plan inevitably goes awry." Ryan turns about to Ailera, his fellow Solar and witness to their duel. "I haven't forgotten about you either friend. There's not been much time to discuss it up to this point, but while organization is in question I may as well ask. Would you like an official position within our ranks?"

Last edited:
She smiles at Ryan, and says, "Well, I have never seen myself as much of the soldier type. I guess I could be a scout/reconnaissance expert, since I can get into an enemy's camp undetected, do some mischief, get some intel, and get back out again with no one being the wiser to my presence. In the meantime, I suppose I should brush up on some of my more martial Charms, just to be able to keep up with the rest of the Circle."

"I wouldn't sell yourself so short. You were the one that helped us recruit Ganzin and his clan of raiders after all. We'd be lucky to have you as our peerless spymaster. That said, if you want to get stronger in battle, I'm sure we can help." Ryan offered with a grin, but within a moment it changed to surprise by the sudden onset of an empty stomach. "Ah, but other important matters call to us also. Let's head to camp and get some food already."

"You sure you don't want to head over to my camp? I'm not sure what she's told you," Ganzin says, motioning to Ailera, "...but we do have a palisade there. Just might be a bit safer, unless we're going to be moving out and leaving this area."

"We are likely leaving in the morning, yes. Besides, placing barricades and barriers is standard procedure for us. We've been camped for over three days now, the fortifications are fairly solid at this point. It's no stone castle, but it is defendable."

The statue is slow to turn around after taking Quill's attack, giving the Solar another chance to strike.

Quill gets 2 initiative, 1 for a successful attack, 1 stolen from his opponent. Your move, Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws .

Round 2:
Quill: 5 <------
Statue: 4

Capitalizing on his success, Quill brings Sun's Brush down on the satute's head, intending to knock it further out of balance, as his essence flashes, close, but not yet at it's iconic level, as he didn't want the whole region to find out that there's a Solar in here.

Spending 3 motes on Excellent Strike, Assuming a 1 die stunt

Excellent Strike gives me one auto success, and reroll 1's until they fail to appear

So a total of 11 suxxes. How much over his Defense/Dodge did I get?

"We are likely leaving in the morning, yes. Besides, placing barricades and barriers is standard procedure for us. We've been camped for over three days now, the fortifications are fairly solid at this point. It's no stone castle, but it is defendable."

Ganzin nods. "I'll have my people break camp and start making their way over to yours."

Over the next few hours, Ganzin's bandits will take down their tents in their previous camp and then head towards the Crimson Fangs camp, setting themselves up nearby.

Capitalizing on his success, Quill brings Sun's Brush down on the satute's head, intending to knock it further out of balance, as his essence flashes, close, but not yet at it's iconic level, as he didn't want the whole region to find out that there's a Solar in here.

Spending 3 motes on Excellent Strike, Assuming a 1 die stunt

Excellent Strike gives me one auto success, and reroll 1's until they fail to appear

So a total of 11 suxxes. How much over his Defense/Dodge did I get?
The statue starts turning around, but is unable to get its sword up in time to deflect Sun's Brush.

His Evasion/Parry is 1/4, his Soak/Hardness is 13/7. Roll damage.

Round 2:
Quill: 20 Moved
Statue: -5 <------

The blow to its head sends the statue stumbling further away from Quill, while leaving another mark on its bronze form. It remains standing and swiftly turns to look at Quill, its face a solid and unchanging look of rage and fury. The statue is unable to change its expression however, or even have emotions of its own; whoever crafted it gave it an expression designed to intimidate and terrify its opponents.

Raising its sword above its head, the statue advances on Quill with thunderous steps that echo throughout the room, before swinging downward as if attempting to chop the Solar in two. Quill manages to deflect the blow with Sun's Brush, sending the sword smashing into the stone floor and leaving a deep grove in it.

(Withering attack, only 3 successes. Your go again, Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws )

Round 3:
Quill: 20 <------
Statue: -5

Last edited:
Quill felt he needed to end this fight soon, so he decided it is time to end it.

BTW, IIRC, crashing an opponent grants +5 initiative, so am at 20.

Spending 3m on Excellent Strike

8 successes on attack

Damage- 6 damage lethal

The statue takes several steps back as the blade of Sun's Brush rips into its torso, leaving a deep scar in the bronze armor and bronze skin. Immune to things such as doubt, fear, and pain, it moves forward to attack Quill again, but its movements are now slower, as if Quill's last attack did succeed in wounding it.

A minute or so later, the statue drops its sword and collapses to the floor with an almighty crash, now sporting two more deep scars from Sun's Brush. As It lies motionless, its bronze body, sword and armor rapidly tarnish before Quill's eyes, turning dark green within a few seconds as whatever was animating the statue leaves its metal body.

The battle is over, and Quill is free to continue exploring the tomb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back