• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lyla's eyes widen a little as she sees Ryan's caste mark appear on his forehead, but she has no more reaction than that.

"I doubt that it would." she replies to his question, as she takes another swig from her own goblet. "I have no business interests at or near Alsein, so a war there would not affect me. Of course, I would be more than happy to sell you and your men arms, food, bandages and medicines, among other such supplies. And for the right fee, I could put you in contact with mercenaries, men and women who would be willing to fight alongside you to liberate your homeland, or in any other conflicts you decide to take part in."

Inside the tent of the bandit leader, Ailera feels a bit of fear run down her spine. He's right. I was able to hold my own against four of them, and now, I'm in the middle of dozens, with at least one Dragon Blooded. With a bit of a nervous smile, she says, "You can't fault a girl for trying, can you? Well, let me ask you this: How many bandits do you have here under your command? I can see tents that can hold roughly a hundred; are they all filled?"

"No, I suppose I can't." replies the bandit leader with a smile. "As for how many people I have here, I'd say around a hundred. Why do you ask?"

Ailera nods. "That's about what I estimated. Let me tell this. Your little operation to squeeze the mine owner has come under the scrutiny of several Solar Exalts, ones that want to try and get a piece of the mine's Jade. They are willing to do a lot to secure the profits from the place, to help fund a revolution that is about to take place. If you get in the way of these guys, they will squash you like a bug. But, if you were to say, sign up with them to provide men of arms to their cause, I'm sure that the displaced queen would be quite happy to compensate you for your efforts, and if there is any kind of criminal record in her kingdom, that can probably be expunged, too."

She grins at the man. "How would you like to be an honest soldier, instead of a bandit?"

"Solars?" asks the bandit, sounding concerned, before he mutters to himself. "Dammit. She never mentioned anything about Solars..."

He then looks back at Ailera. "Supposing that I were to take your words at face value. This queen of yours...just how much would she be willing to offer for our services?"

Meeting with Ysandre - and putting himself at risk of capture or ambush - would be an Inconvenient task for the leader. Outright joining up with her would be a Serious task at this point.

Ryan visibly relaxed, as if a sleeping yeddim had just rolled off his shoulders in the span of a few breaths. "I see... With there appearing to be no meaningful disagreements, as far as I can tell, then I would love to work with you going forward. Truth be told, I've been looking for someone that could handle the business end of operating. My profession is war, not finance."

Ryan gave his friend Quill a hearty pat on the back. "As reliable as Quill is, I would not impose such a burden upon him given his own business and personal interests that occupy his time now and surely in the future. I would prefer that he have the time and focus to succeed in such things."

Ryan turned back to their host, gazing intently at Lyla as he drew closer. "Obviously, I will do what I can to make it worth your while, my lady." Ryan said in a flirtatious tone. "Is that suitable, or is there something you would ask of me first?"

Lyla would let out another chuckle, while meeting the Dawn caste's flirtatious look with one of her own. "Another interesting offer. Though perhaps we should discuss it elsewhere. Otherwise, I fear that Quill here might start feeling awkward."

"Agreed." Ryan said with his own laugh. He gently moved to sweep his arms around Lyla and lift her from her seat and into his arms. "Where can a knight take this lady that he might lavish her in undying affection, I wonder." Ryan teased playfully. The young shepherd's boy smiled his truest smile since his days in the green pastures of home. Gods had he missed navigating the collapsed structures of a time lost to rumor and myth, all of the thrills of coming against man and beast in the open wilderness with not but farm tools and an ornery canine... To think this lovely, if fixated, princess may very well be the last piece he needed to clear the way back home. The freedom he and his friends lost finally seemed within reach.

Provided there was sufficient time, Ryan would be continuing to develop the relationship with Lyla. Mechanically aiming to upgrade the Intimacy she currently holds to a Major level romantic infatuation when appropriate. My assumption is that this would likely take effort over time.

Ailera looks at the man and shrugs. "I can't promise you anything . . . yet. I am only here to feel out the situation, and see if you would be amenable to the offer. I will say that her coin is good, and it spends a lot better as a living soldier than a dead bandit. I can act as a go-between for the two of you, and arrange a face to face meeting on neutral ground for you to hash out the details on the offer."

With Ryan and Quill...
Leaving Quill alone, Lyla has Ryan carry her upstairs to a large door on the second floor. Once there, she has him put her down, and makes a show of smoothing out her kimono before opening the door, which leads into what is clearly the master bedroom of the villa. Within is a wardrobe with a body-sized mirror next to it, a dresser with bottles of exotic perfumes on top of it, a sitting chair, and of course a bed; king-sized, with the most comfortable looking sheets, pillows and mattresses Ryan has ever seen. Attimus naturally follows the two upstairs, but he stays at the door outside of the bedroom, giving them both privacy, though he's close enough to quickly intervene should it become necessary to do so.

Lyla sits down upon the edge of the bed, leaning back a little and crossing her ankles as she looks up at the Dawn caste. "Don't get me wrong, Ryan. I certainly find you very handsome. But that alone isn't a good enough reason for me to leave this place and its luxuries, and my mercantile interests in this part of the Scavenger Lands, just to handle your logistics." she says in a friendly tone of voice. "Perhaps you could offer me something else? Such as, say, a meeting with this 'worthy ruler' that you have agreed to support?"

There's a clear look to her as she says this. Ryan senses that she's looking to profit from Ysandre's ambition of reclaiming her kingdom.
Establishing in Intimacy based around Love would take some time and effort. On the other hand, Ryan could certainly try and upgrade her Intimacy of Attraction to him.

With Ailera...
The bandit chief gives a nod and a smile of approval. "That could work out for us. I know I'd rather not get myself and my people killed." he admits. "How about you tell her that I'd be up for meeting with her, and that if she wants, she can come up here to talk with me? If she really does have Solars supporting her, she shouldn't be too worried about walking into this camp."

Quill was thankful that while Lyla and attimus likely suspected his own Exalted nature, they did not have a clear answer, due to Ryan's forward approach. And he used the time of them busy elsewhere, to recover his spent essence, and to put the necklace he made in one of the many hidden pockets.

Once that is done, he called forth Sun's Brush to his hand. Admiring it's look, and the vibrancy of it's colors, as his lips formed a smile imagining Attimus' look if he knew he could call that weapon to hand everywhere, and it would never be found. But then, the weapon drew his attention, and he felt himself sink into a meditative trance, as he felt his own essence and that of the weapon try to merge together.

Spending 15m on Wake the Sleeper, and 10m on 5 extra successes.

Fopr a total of 12 successes. Normally, this would allow to unlock 7 Invocations (Total suxxes - (2+ Artifact's rating))
But It only unlocks 2, since the third one requires me to have Cloud-Wreathed Scholar from Miracles of the Solar Exalted.

Last edited:
The bandit chief gives a nod and a smile of approval. "That could work out for us. I know I'd rather not get myself and my people killed." he admits. "How about you tell her that I'd be up for meeting with her, and that if she wants, she can come up here to talk with me? If she really does have Solars supporting her, she shouldn't be too worried about walking into this camp."
Ailera gives the bandit a smile of her own. "Sounds like a plan. So, what shall I tell her your name is?"

"You and her can call me Ganzin." he replies, before he leans forward, his expression becoming cocky again. "As for you...I'm guessing that you're one of the Solars in question. Call it an outlaw's instinct."

Ailera cocks her head to one side, considering. Then, she says, "No sense in trying to deny it now. Yes, I am one of the Chosen of the Sun. One of my many talents. So, I will travel to meet with my friends and tell them the news. It will probably be a few days before we return, but we will be back."

As she heads to leave, she pauses, "Please give my apologies to the man I hurt; I didn't want to kill him, but he was trying to do harm to me. See you later."

"I think there was a misunderstanding on that request, that fault would be mine. You would not have to travel with us, nor would you have to personally attend to menial bookwork should you choose not to. Your connections, ability to identify possible clients, ability to negotiate better bounties, and ability to hire any necessary administrators that could travel with us far exceeds my own capacity. Naturally, you would reap the financial benefits of our activity as my partner. That would include this next job and meeting with our client if that is your wish." Ryan has notably maintained confidence of details and seems determined to do so until discussing it with Ysandre. However, some additional information would be put forward.

"I will warn you though, this client is possessed of great magnetism and, to some, overwhelming beauty. Should you meet with them in person, they will likely try to convert you to a loyal supporter of their cause as they continue to do so with myself and other associates. My wish is for my unit to remain independent of national affiliation even in spite of all of this. We cannot accomplish our founding goal if we are too closely tied to another country, one that is not our home. You also strike me as one to prefer the freedom to pursue your own goals and not someone else's."

"I admit, I know little of your origins, but if you'll permit me to say so... I was once a simple farmer's child, toiling in the fields to protect our flock. I was drafted into the militia at a young age, then elevated in status for my deeds. Eventually, I was elevated yet again, which I presume prevented my death." Ryan said as he pointed to his forehead. "I know what it means to claw oneself up from nothing. From my understanding, much of the same exists in the ranks of Guild Princes and Princesses."

Ryan removed his gauntlets and raised a hand to her chin tenderly as he admired her eyes and smile. "I'd say that is why I want you as my partner, not only the allure of your beauty, Lyla. Perhaps in time, you will start to see the same. Though, maybe your greed has already rubbed off on me and I simply want you to myself." Ryan teased flirtatiously. "With all of that said, I am hoping to resolve such matters swiftly and decisively on both counts, with a healthy share of spoils for the both of us. So, how would you like to proceed, my lady?"

Obviously, Ryan will attempt to do both, with the understanding that a deeper relationship will take time and effort. It would have to start as its own minor intimacy and be upgraded separately I believe.

With Ailera...
"Eh, sure thing." he replies, seemingly nonchalant about the whole incident. "From what I heard, he'll likely recover."

With Ryan...
Lyla grins, and leans close to him while kicking off her footwear. "For starters, I'd say we've talked long enough, the two of us."

Assuming that he doesn't try to stop her, she leans closer and presses her lips to his.

Lyla breaks the kiss so that she can draw back to admire a now shirtless Ryan's physique, very much liking what she sees. She proceeds to kiss him a bit more, running her hands all over his back, torso and arms, before she gets up from the bed and stands in front of him. Smiling naughtily at Ryan, she removes her kimono and lets it fall to the floor around her feet. From that point on, things can only go one way.

In the sitting room, Quill doesn't hear the moans and gasps coming from upstairs.

*** BOW CHIKA WOW WOW ***

Some time later, both Ryan and Lyla are under the sheets of the bed, all of their clothes strewn about on the floor. The woman of the Guild is lying on her back, her forehead covered in sweat as she pants heavily, still feeling the exhilaration from what she and Ryan just did. Ryan meanwhile still has a good amount of energy left over, thanks to both his more athletic lifestyle and his blessing from the Unconquered Sun.

"Wow...so that's what it's like...to be screwed by a Solar." Lyla gasps while looking up at the ceiling, before letting out a happy laugh. "By all the gods, that was incredible. I don't think I'll be able to walk for weeks."

Even with his surplus of energy, Ryan was content to rest beside his lover as the pounding drum in his chest began to slow. He sat up and brushed the sweat from her brow. "I hope to return long before then." Ryan said laughing before leaning over to steal another kiss. "As difficult as this moment is to beat, I intend to share a long and prosperous future with my lady." He spoke in a soft tone, as clearly she needed her rest. He let his gaze wander about the room for what seemed like the first time since he entered it. I suppose I can see why she values this lifestyle so. I reckon we'll see how things develop in the days to come.

Lyla turns onto her side, to better look at Ryan. "And just what sort of future are you envisioning for the two of us? Friends with side benefits like this? Or more?" she asks with an impish smile.

"I would be a poor partner for a guild princess if I didn't let greed drive me to want more, Lyla." Ryan replied grinning. "Alas, my words have conceded the extent of my selfishness already. So vast is its depths, that I could see myself jealously guarding my lovely, coveted prize. Though, as you are well aware, one can not make a request in a bargain without being willing to give something in return. For what it's worth, I promise you won't have to kiss my boots or backside." Ryan concluded, letting the callback humor settle before his smile widened.

Last edited:
Lyla can't help but chuckle. "We only met each other for the first time today, and you already want me to be your lover?" she asks. "Some people might consider that to be a display of undue haste."

Ryan shrugged, "Some people might consider the same of our other entanglements, but I see no complaints here." Ryan said gesturing about the room, to indicate that neither of them seemed prone to restraint. "However, your question was what I envisioned in the future. So I return the question back on you, assuming you got what you wanted, what would your vision look like?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back