What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - IC

Dice System
Exalted 3e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

jaydude

One Thousand Club
As the conversation turns towards Lyla, the Solars are able to recall passing a posh riverside villa during their journey from Marita, about a day's walk west from where they are now.
 
Last edited:

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
"If you believe it is for the best, I will not stand in your way. And you are correct that we should know her point of view before throwing our lot in with either party. That said, stopping the spirit of the mine from sabotaging the miners or stopping bandits who murder merchants and civilians hardly merits the description 'foul play.'"
 

Rykon

Two Thousand Club
"No, that is right and must be done. However, if we side with Feren and need to deter Lyla from further harrassment, it is a possibility." Ryan turns to face the rest of camp. "I suppose I'll be off soon then. Hopefully, I'll be back with good news."
 

Red Shadow Claws

Five Thousand Club
Quill has been somewhat quiet. On the one hand, he was the one who told them about the mine, and he wanted a part of it.
But he wasn't sure how Feren would react to a member of his Organization trying to get a cut of it, or whether news of his Anathema status might have reached his ears. That decided it.
"I will go with Ryan, to talk to Lyla. Perhaps I could help him get her side of the story, and maybe bring her to compromise. And if we do reach one, I can make sure that if we sign a contract over it, that it isn't done with unfair terms."
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
The five Solars proceed to split up; Ysandre and Catseye going to talk with Feren, Ryan and Quill setting off towards the villa to see if they can find Lyla, and Ailera staying close to the mine to look for any sign of the bandits. Twelve of Ryan's men accompany him and Quill, while Sergeant Tannis and the rest of them begin setting up camp on a hill near the mine.

Ysandre and Catseye...
The two women make their way around the mine and towards the attached village, which is surrounded by a high stone wall that, while clearly having seen better days, looks reasonably strong and sturdy. They come across a wooden gate, currently open, but with a guard wearing a reinforced buff jacket stood at it, a spear in his right hand and a sheathed sword on his belt.

Ryan and Quill...
After gathering some supplies for the journey, the Dawn, the Twilight and the soldiers begin heading back along the route they came. They travel peacefully for about an hour without encountering anyone else, eventually coming to walk along a road running through a shallow valley in the hills. The solitude doesn't last however, as around the next corner, they see a single male traveler walking towards them, closely followed by a mule carrying a small load that looks to be all of the man's supplies and worldly possessions.

Ailera...
The Night Caste begins looking around the environment surrounding the mine, which is largely hills and forests. Two areas stick out to her as places where she could find clues about the bandits. One is a route heading south through a valley towards the Yellow River. The other is the route the Solars and their armies took to reach the mine.
 

Red Shadow Claws

Five Thousand Club
Quill waves at the traveler and shows his arms, to show that he is unarmed "Hello fellow traveler, might I ask you some questions?"
 

Red Shadow Claws

Five Thousand Club
"Thank you for your time. I have a few questions to ask, if you do not mind. My friend and I have been on the road for quite some time. Is there any place nearby that we can stop and refresh ourselves? Also, where are you traveling to? and where from? I myself am a merchant, and I would be loath to travel alone. i have heard rumors of bandits around here."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Ailera...
The Night Caste begins looking around the environment surrounding the mine, which is largely hills and forests. Two areas stick out to her as places where she could find clues about the bandits. One is a route heading south through a valley towards the Yellow River. The other is the route the Solars and their armies took to reach the mine.
Ailera will head through the valley towards the Yellow River.
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
Quill and Ryan...
The traveler gives a shrug of his shoulders. "If you're thinking of an inn, there's a place further along this road. You should be able to reach it before nightfall. If you're planning on heading to anywhere further on this routh, you'll either have to travel through the night, or add another day to your travels. As for me, I am travelling east, I plan to keep travelling east, and the last city I left was Marita."

At the mention of bandits, he nods again. "So I have heard. But you needn't worry; I can handle myself on the road." he says politely.

Ailera...
Ailera sets off down the valley, and sees that the route running through it is wide enough for two yeddims to comfortably pass by one another, although judging from appearances, it has not been used for at least several months.

As she walks down the road, Ailera hears a man's voice call out to her.

"Ho there, wanderer. What brings you to these parts of the Scavenger Lands?"

The speaker is an athletically-built bearded man wearing a scruffy-looking buff jacket who is stood up on a ledge, about five meters above Ailera. His expression is friendly, but something about his appearance and demeanor just screams "bandit", along with the short sword he currently wears on his belt.
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Ailera looks up at the man and tosses her hair back over her shoulder. "I've heard of a band of fortune seekers that are hard at work in the area, and I'm one that is always looking for a chance to line my own pockets. Perhaps you know of these ruffians that are operating out here? Maybe they could use a good hand at procuring things."
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
The bandit chuckles as if Ailera's just told a little joke, as two more bandits step out onto the road in front of her, and another bandit emerges onto the road behind her. All of them give the Night caste unpleasant grins as the three on the ground move to surround her, while the one on the ledge just watches.

"Oh, I heard they're not looking for new members at the moment. But why don't you stick with the four of us? You're much more likely to be safe that way." he calls out with an undercurrent of threat in his voice.

The bandits on the ground are moving to within short range of Ailera. The one on the ledge is at medium range.
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Ailera gives the guy on the ledge a grin. "I can handle myself pretty good in and out of a scrap." She looks around her at the men near her and says, "Are you boys entertaining some unpleasant thoughts? I have to warn you, that is not a healthy thing for you to be doing."
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
One of the bandits on the ground lets out a chuckle, as he and his two mates surround Ailera, while the bandit on the ledge jumps down and starts walking over.

"Really, little lady? There's four of us and one of you, you're tiny, and I don't see any weapons on you. So why don't you just come with us and save yourself some pain?" he asks, clearly not aware that Ailera's gauntlets can generate talons of ice.
 

Rykon

Two Thousand Club
"What brings a man like you to travel alone with all his possessions toward a den of Bandits?" Ryan couldn't help but speak. "Whatever happened back the way you came must have been quite a heavy load to bare to take up this one."
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
The traveler gives a shrug of his shoulders, but looks pained. "The circumstances of why I set off on my journey were...less than pleasant. That is all I will say; I have little desire to dwell on them."

His mood then brightens a tad as he speaks again. "What about you? Where are you all travelling to?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
One of the bandits on the ground lets out a chuckle, as he and his two mates surround Ailera, while the bandit on the ledge jumps down and starts walking over.

"Really, little lady? There's four of us and one of you, you're tiny, and I don't see any weapons on you. So why don't you just come with us and save yourself some pain?" he asks, clearly not aware that Ailera's gauntlets can generate talons of ice.
Ailera looks around at the three men to her sides and back, then looks to the one walking up. "I'm willing to go with you, but on my terms, not yours. If you don't start showing me some respect as an equal, I will happily kick the crap out of the four of you, and leave you and your bruises as a lesson to remember me by."
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
All of the four bandits laugh at this. "You really think you're in a position to make demands threats?" one of them asks. "You come with us, or we'll kick the crap out of you, and then carry you with us."

The bandit who spoke then draws his sword. "So what's it going to be?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Ailera's thoughts are racing. She does want to go to where these bandits are located, but not as their prisoner. Time to teach these guys a lesson.

With a flip of her ponytail, she raises up her fists and moves into a martial stance. Locking her eyes on the one with the sword, she says, "I'm going to enjoy this a lot more than you will. Bring it!"
Total of 9 for my starting Initiative roll.

Essence: 1
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 33 (23)
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
With that, the other three bandits draw their swords. They are all at short range from Ailera, but surround her on all sides.

Your move, @Sherwood.

Initiative:
Current round:
Ailera = 9 <------
Bandit 1 = 5
Bandit 2 = 5
Bandit 3 = 5
Bandit 4 = 3

Next Round:
Ailera =
Bandit 1 =
Bandit 2 =
Bandit 3 =
Bandit 4 =

Bandit 1 = 2 successes
Bandit 2 = 2 successes
Bandit 3 = 2 successes
Bandit 4 = 0 successes
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With a feint to her right, Ailera quickly shifts the direction of her attack to her left. With a quick flick of her fingers at the face of Bandit 1, she then makes a raking claw strike to knock the man off balance to then set him up for a finishing strike.
Making a Withering attack on Bandit 1. Total of 10 successes to hit.

Spending 10m from Personal Essence to activate Tiger Form.

Essence: 1
Personal: 13 / 3
Peripheral: 33 (23)
Committed: 10
Willpower: 7

Join Battle: 6 +3 Successes

Natural Soak: 2 (+3)
Armored Soak: 5
Total Soak: 7 (+3)

Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 3
Guile: 4

Health Levels
[ ] 0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I
 

jaydude

One Thousand Club
The bandit tries to get his sword up in time to parry the attack, but it's not even a contest between him and Ailera (Parry Def 2), and the Solar's attack lands.

Roll raw damage.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top