Yarrow

Chris Navarra

adam_gallagher_2696_620x.jpg
Vitals

Race: Human

Affiliation: Gateway, Former Italian Maffia

Sexuality: Homosexual

Theme Song: Believer ~ Imagine Dragons

Appearance: Chris is 6’ and build athletic, due his intensive training. He has brown hair and grey/blue eyes. He got two tattoos, at his left wrist a small vague red cross and at his right upper arm two black bands

Birthplace: Sicily, Italia

Profession: IT-student, Former Assassin

Psionics or Cybernetics: --

Equipment: Chris has a backpack with the following: A laptop, deodorant, notebook and a pocketknife
On his lower back, just above his waist he has a holster for two knives, who are always there.

Character Skills/Flaws
Character Skills: (Advantageous Skills not related to your powers)

• Major Skill 1: Assassination
    Since a young age, Chris has had training in close combat fighting due being part of the Navarra Mafia family. His grandfather wanted him to become an assassin, taking out his grandfather's opponents. His training started at the age of 5 and ended when he left his family. He now frequently 'trains’ on his own to stay in shape.
  • Minor Skill 1: Shadowing Chris got also training in Shadowing people, part of it being disguising himself. After going to America, he kept up this skill by changing clothes while walking to work, to afoid that people follow him
  • Minor Skill 2:Gun fighting
    Another part of his training, he knows how to shoot with a gun, but prefers close combat knives. It is common for boys in the Navarra family to have training together
  • Minor Skill 3: IT
    Since Chris has been invited to come living at the platform he has been following a study to become an IT worker for the orbital station
    His study is still going on but he knows more than most.

Character Flaws: (Things your character is unskilled in, things that are ether their weaknesses or limitations.) You need to have 3 minimum flaws but you can have more if you want.

• Disadvantage 1: Working in groups
    Chris always favorites working alone on jobs. This continues with his IT study. It also has influence on his social abilities, he is not that great in keeping a conversation going or even starting one.
  • Disadvantage 2: Caring too much
    When Chris left his hard family he changed. From being what was expected in his family, cold and hard, to the opposite, caring about people. He can't let innocent people die, sometimes this is really difficult when making choices, like; will it affect others? But also, he has this feeling that he needs to help people if he can
  • Disadvantage 3: His surname
    Navarra is a known name in the Underworld and also to many others. Since barely any Navarra’s left the business every Navarra will always be immediately associated with the family’s business. Also the Navarra family has send out a message to all other criminal organisation in their network that Chris an outlaw now and every who sees him must contact a special family member of the Navarra's. That family member has also a special mission, find and kill Chris
  • Disadvantage 4: He sometimes got nightmares about his mother. He waked up in the middle of the night what makes him very tired. He got no PTSD from it
Known associates: Chris doesn't know much people, however he can always fall back on the people he worked with in the Italian restaurant. His study classmates are also sometimes willingly to help
Personality
Fears:Seeing his family again. He didn't really left his family on friendly terms. Until now they haven't found him yet.

Optimism vs. Pessimism: Optimism
Since being on his own everything is better, nicer and more beautiful. However, it might changes a little bit when his image of the perfect Union is destroyed

Introvert vs. Extrovert: Introvert
Chris never liked working or talking to people. This made him a little bit of a loner, but he is working on his social skill by going more often to bars

Justice vs. Mercy: Mercy
However, it really depends on the situation. He can really get in a conflict with himself about this subject. Mainly because he doesn't know what is good

Feelings on the Union: Good, for now
Since being away it has been better. The union helped him and gave him an opportunity to start a new life

Common Mannerisms:
When he is nervous he taps with his right index finger on his leg or table

Interests & Hobbies: IT and working out
Chris enjoys his study and things keeping in shape is important, also because his family might be searching for him.

Overall Personality:
Chris is a closed person. He greets you and that’s it. When you start a conversation with him it will take some time till is will really progress. However, once you get to know him, Chris is a friendly person who likes to help others. He loves martial arts and finds it funny to hack into the security cameras when there are some close to you.
When you give him a task he is really dedicated to it and sometimes a little perfectionistic. He likes it when everything is right and good.
History
History:
Chris was born on a nice summer day on the island of Sicily. He was the first son of the second son of the big boss. Not that special. However, each first sons were treated with respect since they would have the biggest chance of surviving. He was homeschooled since his 3rd birthday and when he was reaching the age of 5, his father started to making plans for his training. Because he was build slender, his father choose the path of Assassin for him. His birthday present were two knives.

In the mornings he trained, the middays did he spent in the classroom. One day, a rival gang from the mainland of Italy dared to come to the island. It was chaos. Women living at the main farms rushed to get all the children and elderly women inside. When he was brought inside, Chris rushed to the roof and climbed outside. At the roof, he saw cars coming towards their establishment. His mother was still outside, rushing to get inside. However, the cars were faster and when they came close Chris heard the shots. The young boy saw his mother falling on the ground, not standing up.

Everyone was furious, they all opened fire on the cars and they crashed into each other everyone burning to death. Everyone was mourning, a lovely woman had died and a young boy was broken.

'I was broken from a young age'

Everything continued, at the age of 15 Chris was sent on his first job. A neighbor didn’t wanted to pay the rent and didn’t wanted to leave the farm. Chris was given a poisoned needle. He finished his job and a few days later the papers were full of the news about the man that died mysteriously. Since that day, Chris began to question his authority, he didn’t liked the way they did their things.

‘First things first, I'ma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh, The way that things have been, oh ooh’

When he was 17 he got in a huge argument with his father. At the end of the argument it was decided that Chris would join a transport to America as punishment. A lot of transports towards America were caught and the crew was given the instructions to finish the job or die trying. Chris said his little brothers and sisters goodbye and left the island on the ship. When the coast came in sight, Chris entered a liferaft and cut the ropes. The raft silently fell into the water a no one noticed. When the ship was away far enough, he steered towards the haven. At the haven he was greeted by the coast guards. In return for safety, he gave them the name of the ship he was supposed to arrive America. That safety included being able to stay in America.

‘Second thing, Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be, I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh, The master of my sea, oh ooh’

With the little money he had he rented an apartment and worked as a waiter at an Italian Restaurant. While applying he made sure his surname changed a little bit, Navarra to Nevarro. After some years, he wanted something else. He signed up for a study that was at the Orbital Station : Gateway

He was accepted to the study, he quit his job and moved to a really small apartment at the Orbital Station.

Last edited:
I'm liking your character sheet, but I have to say that your skills are very focused. Your Major Skill and your first two Minor skills are all completely about combat. While that's not necessarily unusual for an assassin-type character, it's also a little limiting for your character's development. Might I suggest amalgamating Minor Skill 1: Assassination into your Major Skill and changing the name of the Major Skill to Assassination? That way you can say your character is trained in all aspects of assassinating a target, including observing them, planning the attack, infiltrating their homes and using a variety of close-quarter weapons to complete the job. This would leave you a minor skill to round out your character's abilities, something like disguising yourself or combative driving skills or something else.
Also, your Disadvantages:
Disadvantage 2: How does Chris' caring too much get him frustrated? Is he a push-over for a 'sob-story'? Does he let his new morality dictate who he should and should not kill?
Disadvantage 3: Is Chris being hunted by his family? Is there a Mafia bounty on his head? Is he a 'known suspect' to law enforcement everywhere he goes?
Disadvantage 4: Is it possible that you could give more detail about how the nightmares about Chris' mother affect him? Does he not sleep well more times than not? Does he have flashbacks in stressful moments? Is he suffering from a form of PTSD? Does he obsess over women who have a physical resemblance to his mother? How are these nightmares detrimental to Chris?

Captain Hesperus

Excellent. You're approved, welcome to the game! Would you like me to post you an intro in the main thread or do you have an idea how to be in the vicinity of Shuttle Bay 18 on this bright and portentous day?

Captain Hesperus

Oh yes,
That could actually be better... Have been trying to find time to write an introduction post but the week before easter is always so busy... If you can write a little introduction it'll help me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back