• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chosen by Gods (Me x TheDarkButterfly)

Maybe it wasn't fair of them to feel as such, but they felt oddly... Put off, that their comfort wasn't enough. It suddenly felt like a wall had been erected between them that made whatever they tried to do useless. They weren't sure what to do or say, so why try at all? While they had said that they wanted to be friends, he was so different from the person they used to know. And they... Were different as well. They didn't even know how to keep friends anymore.

And they knew that if he didn't want to do this, they couldn't force him to. A million thoughts crowded their head, every single possibility that they abruptly shot down. It was useless. Nothing they could say or do was good enough. And they had half a mind to tell him that he was better off not getting involved in those storms. Their mouth even fell open to tell him... Warn him of the risks, their gloved hand twitching and then balling into a fist. Of course, their mouth snapped closed once more and they abruptly stood.

It'd be their luck that they would confess, and then he'd feel all the more pressure to help them.

They stood still for a moment, staring down at him... Lost. Clearing their throat, their voice leaves on a soft note, "I'm going on ahead to the tailors. I'm convinced that I can find something that would fit you, so..." They turn on their heel and leave him there on the floor, hiding their shaking hands through the folds of their cloak.

Rayne hid behind his hands for a while longer until he was confident that Rayne wasn't around. He felt stupid for the tears pricking at his eyes but he felt so absolutely....overwhelmed. Things were hitting him too fast, and he was still reeling from it all. Two near-death experiences- the bus and the monsters, finding his best friend in a whole new world, and finding out that he was completely...useless. He couldn't even look at Miss Jude as he quietly fled back to his given room and hid under the covers.

He struggled to suppress the surging freak out, taking deep breaths that sounded far more like hyperventilating than he liked. Maybe he should have followed after Azure, but if this was how his body apparently wanted to deal with things then it was probably better that he hadn't. The last thing he needed was to have a mental breakdown in front of a bunch of strangers.

He spent most of his time under the covers squeezing and pressing his emotions back into place, for now leaving them for when he had more time to quietly sort through and examine them. The rest of the time was spent sitting on the bed, quietly waiting for Azure to return so he could apologize for how he had behaved. It wasn't fair to Azure that he had done that first thing in the morning when Azure had their own things to deal with.

He dully looked at the skin on his hands. One problem at a time he told himself. One problem at a time.

They kept their hands hidden beneath the folds of their cloak as they moved around throughout the rest of that day. It should have occurred to them just how difficult he would have it with settling in. Of course it would be overwhelming; to be thrown out of your world in a freak accident and thrown into another. With no explanation other than, "You must save this world." Not to mention him finding that his power is 'little more than a little bit of light,' though truthfully, they expected that it would be far more than simply a 'light'.

They stopped in the middle of the path.

How could they expect him to fight their battles? To risk life and limb on a hopeless fool's errand? They weren't that cruel. And yet, there they were, nearly forcing him into battles that there was no way in hell they were ready for. Hadn't they told him their self that they would get him out of this world no matter what? One of their hands cupped the other and they gulped, After all, it might already be too late for me. But I can get him out of here at least...!

A multitude of questions filled their head, as it always did, when their mind grew too idle. How were their family and friends getting on without them? What even happened to them? Was their body still there or was this their body? They shook their head, letting out a deeply troubled sigh. Just as always before, they couldn't let the uncertainties push them down. If it dragged them under, they'd probably never find their way back out again.

They chanced a glance far back towards the inn. Even though they weren't exactly nearby it, they could imagine that Rayne was likely still there. They doubted he'd chance a day of exploration when he was in a place he didn't know...

A frown curled at their lips as they turned and hastily made their way off.

"Awww! Must you leave already?" Miss Jude pouted, clearly wishing they could stay but knowing full well that they couldn't. She turned towards Rayne, propping her arms up onto her hips. "I haven't even cooked you my best dishes! Oh, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to that fancy-schmancy castle of yours~!"

They laughed a little awkwardly and reached to scratch at the back of their neck, "Miss Jude, please, everyone in this town knows that no one could compare to your food. Whether they're a royal chef or not."

She clucks her tongue and peers at them thoughtfully and then nods, a slow grin creeping across her lips. "Your mama musta taught you right to have such a way with words."

"I only speak the truth," they quip easily enough and look up at the chestnut mare that was stamping impatiently beside them. "We should prooobably get a move on, else my ride will run off without us!" After tenderly brushing a hand along her neck, they set their foot into the stirrup and hauled their self up onto the horse's back easily. "Theeere we go," their smile widened as they continued to brush the mare's mane. "Atta girl." Their gaze swiveled to their companion and they held a hand out. "Don't worry about Hestia." Their face colored a little bit as they realized that they'd just given the horse's name so casually. "She... Ah... Can handle way heavier stuff."

Rayne was pretty intimidated by the creature that Azure was sitting atop of, he had to admit to himself. While he had seen some of the horses passing along in the village he hadn't quite been so close as he was to this one. And horses were big he realized. Very big. Rayne tugged nervously at his new clothes, hesitant to approach even with Azure's assurances. He was less concerned about the horse being able to bear his weight and more concerned about the horse tolerating him in the first place.

"S-so long, Miss Jude. I hope we see you again soon." He said carefully to the woman who had cared for him and Azure while they were here. He was pretty certain that he would miss her. He was just starting to get a little more comfortable when they had to leave again. Though he supposed that that was how things just went around here. After all, they couldn't dawdle if they wanted any chance of getting home.

Rayne took Azure's hand and let them haul him up onto the horse. He wobbled precariously a moment, uncertain about where to put his hands as he was definitely not able to simply balance himself, especially when she shifted beneath them. He settled for balling his fists into his new shirt for the time being. Azure had been pretty spot on with clothes that would fit him, he had to admit. Somehow he didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but he brushed it off as it didn't matter that much. The bottom line was at least he would be comfortable during that trip, and stand out a little less. Well as little as he could, having to ride double with someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back