• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Chosen - a Slayer story

Lights up on Jessica Norman, pretty stereotypical name, isn’t it? Well…what do you expect? This isn’t a fantasy novel, this isn’t even the godforbidden Vampire Diaries (which…actually started off as a series of novels and then some, but anyways-). Jessica, or Jessie, was slowly waking up on this fine normal day. One of six…before everything would go to Hell. Both literally and figuratively. But mostly literally.

Jessie slowly stumbled out of bed, more like flopped and rolled, hitting the floor with a large thump. Knocking the volleyball off of its pedestal nearby, she cursed under her breath, quickly adjusting it, before blowing back a few strands of loose hair. In the mirror, she looked like the popular girl…with bed hair. Which…is what she was. A rack of gold medal trophies, various awards, including an ISEF National Finalist award, hung on the wall behind the floor-to-ceiling mirror, which was actually also one of those workout mirrors you see on television.

Running over to her wood-paneled oak dresser, Jessica grabbed a pair of tight purple camouflage workout pants, a pair of Nike black running high-tops, and a black tank top. Quickly dressing, she then sprinted downstairs as fast as she could, taking the steps two at a time. When she got on the bottom floor, she almost collapsed into the leather couch, before regaining her composure and stumbling over to the dining room table.

Heading over to the kitchen sink, she quickly filled up a glass of water, before taking her ADHD and anti-depressants, before finally turning back to face her half-brother. “All in a day’s work, am I right?’ Snorting, she sat down on the couch, glancing at the TV. “I got a volunteer gig at 10. I was planning on going for a jog first, if you wanna come.” She propped her legs up on the table and stared back at him with big puppy-like eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back