• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Chivalry of a Failed Knight - Academy of Dual Swords (Semi-AU Magic Swordsman Academy Tag Tournament)

How do you want handle PvP?

• Have PvP, simple die rolls determine successful attacks and defense

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No PvP, PCs fight NPCs from sister school

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either Way is Fine With Me

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
In this world, magic swordsmen are called Blazers. Blazers are able to summon a weapon forged from their own soul, and manipulate abilities that also manifest from their soul. People that are found to have the abilities of a Blazer will most often attend one of the many prestigious academies throughout the world. As part of their curriculum, they will learn how to use their weapons and techniques to the best of their abilities to fight against rogue blazers and other evils of the world.
------

Hello! Name's Mythy. The title anime is one I really enjoy, so I wanted to see if anyone would be interested. In this RP, characters will be split into two-person teams for dorm assignments, class groups, and tag-battles for grades.

There are two paths we can take the battles: every PC is part of the same sister school, and all fights occur between schools (no PvP)
We could also have simple high-low dice rolls determine whose moves are successful (PvP with simple dice)

Characters should hover between C to B rank, which is determined in-universe through other graded ranks (A physical ability, F magical projection... examples). Tag teams will likely be determined randomly. Teams share dorms and grades, but there's no reason interactions and friendships cannot form between teams. The combat will be a large part of the RP, but I still want to have lots of fun with character

Anyway, I hope this has piqued your interest!
If so, please vote in the poll and post stating your vote and interest! I'm also happy to field questions.

EDIT: Please also state preference between RPN or Discord OOC

Let's Go Ahead!

Last edited:
Yeah I’m interested, and haven’t really done a lot of pvp in an rp before so I’m curious about trying it.

Ooo doing a small number of characters, huh?
Not totally decided yet. I had kinda set up the premise/poll with getting many characters but a small group may be nice too. Course, could always start it up and then accept more later if it goes that way...

Actually... Forgotten Home Forgotten Home (and anyone else who's seen the anime)

Do they ever specify what Blazers do except fight rogue blazers? I know they aspire to be magical knights, but I don't recall a purpose being stated within the anime itself.

There's also duels and whatnot, but are Blazers more like Sport Fighters, or Military Warriors? Kinda sounds like Magical Knights can be mercenary

MythyDW MythyDW Got this from the wiki~

"Nowadays, all national militaries and local police force require Blazers, but as a result of the laws referred to as the Mage-Knight System, in which a Blazer would need to graduate from an internationally improved vocational school to receive their license and social status as Mage Knights thus receiving approval to use their abilities."

MythyDW MythyDW Got this from the wiki~

"Nowadays, all national militaries and local police force require Blazers, but as a result of the laws referred to as the Mage-Knight System, in which a Blazer would need to graduate from an internationally improved vocational school to receive their license and social status as Mage Knights thus receiving approval to use their abilities."

Sweet, thanks. Couldn't find the wiki for some reason.

So in essence, a Blazer needs to graduate from an approved school to gain their license, at which point... sounds like they still may more be as-needed than on a squad on the regular. That's kinda beyond the scope of it but there's defs a reason for it.

(Oh great, now I found the Wiki and must resist the urge to rabbit hole)

Makes sense.

On another note, the wiki has what the various rank stats are so that's helpful... also says C and B ranks are rare xD

Right right

Forgotten Home Forgotten Home Tuska Tuska Loki777 Loki777 FoldedPages FoldedPages
OOC is up, including WIP combat rules! If you get a chance, testing them with me would go a long way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back