• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Children of Monsters - OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lyrical Lyrical one more quick question, Would my character have the same potion that Jekyll had made to make him into Hyde? or would they already have their alter ego?

No potion. And not necessary. Though for a long time they thought it might become necessary to track down the formula or get it out of Jekyll. Turns out once adolescence hit, the dormant alter ego made itself known. Being a true hybrid the child may enjoy the best of both worlds and have control over this. Well, as much as any teenager has over themselves.

Okay. I have a idea for my character so I'll flesh them out tonight when I get off work. I may make her a female but it depends on how much I can come up with.

The one question I should ask is what age folks want to have the characters? I listed a few options.

I really should have some unusual abilities for each character. I am thinking:

Phantom:
Mesmerizing voice and gaze.
Manical strength
Rasputin level constitution

Nemo
Possible Atlantean adaptation

Moreau
Possible vestigial animalistic abilities that can be made active one at a time. See Wikipedia list of the Beast Men for ideas.

Moriarty
Sherlock Holmes level senses.
Mental Vault.
Hypercognition.

Frankenstein
Electrical generation (think Nikola Tesla from Sanctuary TV series), maybe not as extreme as a kid.

The electricity is more a pop culture thing while hinted its never stated what victor actully used. He was actully very well schooled in alchemy and other such topics.

The electricity is more a pop culture thing while hinted its never stated what victor actully used. He was actully very well schooled in alchemy and other such topics.
Yep. Chemistry was a new science. Before that Alchemy was considered science. Electricity was a new discovery at the time. One thing that had been noticed in science was that muscles responded to electrical stimulation.

Yep. Chemistry was a new science. Before that Alchemy was considered science. Electricity was a new discovery at the time. One thing that had been noticed in science was that muscles responded to electrical stimulation.

Oh ... I am borrowing a bit from the movie, I, Frankenstein. Not the gargoyles, just the monster.

Those abilities are NOT required. They could just as easily be experiments that failed. They wouldn't know until the children reached adolescence.

Another thing. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have been influenced by pop fiction. In the case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I always thought Hyde was a large brute, such as in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or The Mummy (2017 with Tom Cruise). In the original lore Hyde was actually smaller than Jekyll. I welcome originality in deciding how this works out. This IS an Alternate Timeline setting by its very nature.

I actually read in everything from the 1886 lore and more that Hyde was like hunchback of Notre Dame just more along the lines of Dissociative disorder. And I was thinking of baseing my characters alter on how he looks lol. The Hypercognition is a nice touch for her.

Hypercognition fits better for characters who think at lightning speeds (regardless of whether they can physically keep up with their own thoughts). Kato in the movie Green Hornet had this ability. Will Zimmerman from the TV series Sanctuary also had a similar ability, a cinematic technique that shows his perspective on crime scenes (in frames, certain objects stand out). Sherlock Holmes demonstrated this ability as well in a fight scene where he combines this ability with combat skills.

The Jekyll character gave me the feels of someone with BPD (bipolar) ... who could summon the different sides of behavior when they need to ... usually. Basically ... Hulk ... though probably nowhere near as OP.

They would defo be bi-polar. And I am going more along the lines of making the Daughter of Jekyll. She would be really really fun to rp with. Is there a specific layout you want for the character form?

I added a blank CS to the first post in the CS thread. Feel free to use your own format. Just please one I can actually navigate and read. Too much formatting and anyone on mobile won't be able to read it. Something like brick colored text in a bright florescent yellow background and I won't be able to read it.

I understand lol. I am normally on my phone anyways haha. I'll get the form filled out once my laptop turns on and fixes itself.

You may want to remove all the formatting and simplify the sections. That's the reason I wasn't being picky about format.

oh did we come up with the age yet? I think it would be fun to start while they are teenagers

Well, so far you are the only one to state a preference. I agree though. It would fit with my character as a handler. She would have shown up, probably when she was 25. She'd be 28 at the RP start. So ... their "babysitter" for the past few years. Her idea of training would be a USMC style obstacle course. Each run would be a Lap. She'd be using sniper fire while quizzing you. Then she would call everyone wussies for making her use paintballs instead of live ammo.

Yes everyone knows that however it would be more interesting if a frakenstien wasn't just a lightning bender

Something more chemistry based or dealing in body horror fits over me zap you

Yes everyone knows that however it would be more interesting if a frakenstien wasn't just a lightning bender

Something more chemistry based or dealing in body horror fits over me zap you
Works for me. Like I said, they were an option / suggestion.

The main thing Spectre wanted was athletically built geniuses, a group that could pave the way for world domination. Your characters are just the first step. The offspring of your characters would have been the next step. They are playing the long game.

Haha ... right.
1. They are still kids. Yes, they will be approaching their parents' skills much faster than their predecessors.

2. They are currently living with limited resources and under the watchful eyes of Legion (sort of like SHIELD) and have been since they were small children. The moment they start violating ethics their "toys" will be taken away.

The obvious conclusion would be that if they want to follow in their fathers' footsteps, they will need to escape. They are being kept on an artificial island that moves. Fortunately, one of them is the child of Nemo. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back