• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Scene: The Pit
Interaction: Molly and Simon’s Joint Training Session ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

“Right…move the rocks to each X” Just move the rocks Molly, just move the rocks. It can’t be too hard to create a blast just strong enough to push the rocks rather than destroy them, you’ve done something like this before- yah, I CAN do this. Easy and breezy…right? She spoke to herself within the confines of her anxious mind, thinking about how to suppress her powers in such a way to just push the rock. Thoughts rushed through her head constantly. The rocks seemingly to grow further and further from where she stood, increasingly riddled with worry. Simon was one of the people that could take Mollys outburst, so she wasn’t worried about hurting him, just everyone else in the nearest couple miles.

“This should be easy right? I’m just faking myself out at this point. You’ll knock me out if things go bad right?” Now she was just rambling on, trying to stall from training, but she could only stall for so long before she’d have to finally endure training.

“Let’s go…” She took a few steps forward slowly pushing her hands forward, moving her hands side-to-side like she was dragging left to right. The rocks slid to there correct places, with only little cracks on where her little blasts had hit. Everything was going according to plan.

Interaction: Molly and Simon’s Joint Training Session

Simon watches happily as Molly manages to push the rocks into position, nodding at her. Good, good. Practice was everything, had to build up confidence as much as anything else. Particularly with Molly's situation. Believing that you could control it was have the struggle, the rest... Well, the rest was what these sessions were for.

"Good, good. Alright, now start moving them along that line, alright? You got this Princess, just a little bit more."

Even still, Simon was prepared to step in if she started losing control. The shield should buy them enough time for him to get to work and prevent her from collapsing the Pit in on itself, or something crazy like that.

Interaction: Molly and Simon’s Joint Training Session ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

“Why do you call me princess? I’ve always wondered. I don’t act like a princess, Do I?” She slowly brought her hands together crushing the rocks into a more refined line as he asked her to do so. This nickname ‘princess’ had been around for a bit, but only Simon used it when referring to Molly. Princess? Molly didn’t act like a princess, did she? In her eyes she was fairly down to earth and kind to all her peers, especially the newbies at the institute, choosing to be a tour guide of sorts. Being at the academy for just about eleven years, Molly was one of the best suited for such a role. She had learned every inch and secret there was to know, until new information was added into the variable and she lost her curiosity.

With a light grumble that left escaped her rosy lips, she pushed her hand towards the line of rocks. Simultaneously all the rocks began to shatter one by one, pebbles flying just about everywhere. But these pebbles didn’t come close to Molly nor Simon due to a semi-transparent force field that held a faint black hue. “Moving rocks this size isn’t going to help me. Now if I had telekinesis on a more polished level, then sure, but that’s not the case!” She said dramatically.

"You're super powerful and are Noah's, the metaphorical king here, favorite kid. I think that qualifies you for being called Princess. Also, it's really funny to fluster you with it."

Simon looks at Molly blowing up the rocks and just sighs. Goddammit it, not again. He holds out his hands and weaves together another spell, before the rocks start to piece themselves together. He uses a circle of light to focus the magic, concentrating as he restores the set up slowly, gathering each sliver and scrap up and fitting it all back together as if he was reversing time itself, defying entropy's natural presence.

"So, how are you going to get something like telekinesis on a more polished level if you don't practice, huh?"

“You can’t… no matter how much practice is shoved onto me. I have the ability behind the force of telekinesis, as in the raw power of it. There is no possibility of me having the telekinesis of that branch. Trust me, if I did I would have it by now.” Molly had the ability to manipulate the telekinetic force, which in theory is a branch of telekinesis. Though, it may be less refined, there’s a payback in sheer strength. Simon shouldn’t and wouldn’t have known of such thing since it wasn’t that big of deal. That more known variation of telekinesis was cool, yet non-accessible to her, and vise versa to the more basic telekinesis users.

With a small sigh and deep breath she cooled herself down. The one person to get her the most annoyed was Simon. Though she had seen him as a close friend and a brother, he, in her eyes was still very annoying. ‘Practice this, Practice that. Blah blah blah.’

“Sure you can wave your arms around and taadaa magic, which is an endless learning possibility, cool. But not all us of have such capabilities of endless tricks. You should know that by now” Molly tried to keep her annoyance contained, but his last little statement ticked her off still

"Raw power is just that. Power. You can dial it up. You can dial it down. Sure, this is the exercise, but you get that the point is not about being able to just... move these boulders around, right?"

Simon crosses his arms, sighing. He'd figured out her power enough after their training sessions, and he tried to craft a good training exercise for her. Like always, however, the tricky part was talking her into doing it, rather than helping her do it. She could accomplish the exercises just fine, hell, she did it a lot better than he expected. She didn't slip often, and when she did it was never truly dangerous, as far as he'd seen.

"I can wave my hands and do magic, but when I practice, I don't practice learning how to do things. Because I can do... a lot of things."

He snaps a finger, casually, and pillars of fire burst into existence, all of them stretching out into the air. All around them, a 'garden' of roaring heat, the boulders outside their shield turning glassy as they're baked in the conflagration.

"My practice isn't for doing something. The trick is... not doing it. To do just a little, instead of..."

The young man gestures around them, at the apocalyptic landscape he'd just created.

"So when I ask you to practice, I'm not... I'm not trying to help you learn how to do telekinesis all refined and careful. I'm trying to get you to be comfortable enough with your power that you'll never fear just... wiping out everything around you because of a bad moment. Practice is so that... we can live with our powers rather always fearing them."

Simon focuses, sweat forming on his brow as he starts weaving together a spell to undo the flames. She can see how it's a struggle for him, his full focus on crafting the right spell, a sphere of energy between his hands as a slowly expanding wave of frosty energy snuffs out each pillar of flame, leaving the ground covered in frost and a thin layer of fluffy snow.

“Okay so now you’re my teacher? I get that you’re trying to help and all- and it has been. . .kinda, but these exercises aren’t helping.” Molly said putting her hand to her face sighing. These training sessions started to turn into lessons- classes even, and Molly didn’t sign up for an extracurricular study. Simon wanted to help and she understood that. Classes with teachers that have endured these things for years and were skilled in molding lessons for each student.

“I could’ve just gone to my dad for classes. So, are you gonna stop playing this wise old man with infinite knowledge and start being my friend and fellow student?” Her arms had slowly crossed and an eyebrow of hers had risen, giving him a look of question. Though, this was when he was putting out the flames, which she watched and noticed that he had been struggling to do so.

Molly crouched down and grabbed a handful of snow, packing it into a ball only to throw it at Simon with a cheeky smile, lighting the mood that she may have ruined, just a little.

Simon dodges the snowball. He scratches the back of his neck, trying to articulate it into words.

"I mean... You weren't doing it on your own, were you? You could have asked Noah, sure, but you... didn't. And I just didn't want to see you mope around about your powers all the time."

He claps his hands together, shrugging.

"But alright, you want me to play around? We got the whole pit to ourselves, so let's play around a bit!"

When he separates them again, it's a ball of snow he's conjured, Simon grinning at her before he chucks it right back, the shield around them dispelling as the full Pit is opened up for them to play in.

“Wait what? That’s now what i mea-“ Molly blurted out before being met with a cold white ball of snow that hit her in the face, snow slowly falling down her face. She shook her head and whipped the snow from her eyes. Oh, a war he wanted? Then a war he shall have. Quickly picking up another pile of snow, she threw it once again hoping to hit him this time

“See, target practice would be much more efficient than moving rocks!” She yelled throwing another ball of fluffy bright white snow

Simon tosses up a glimmering mandala of light, the snow splashing across it harmlessly. He chuckles as he conjures more snowballs into existence around him, before he starts launching them towards Molly one after another.

"Come on, let loose a little! You want target practice, hit me with some snow!"

Interaction: Snow Fight between Molly & Simon ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Molly quickly raised arm like she was blocking herself from the snow, but instead a force field appeared in front of her to block the snow from hitting her. She spun and dissipated the force field, pushing a wall of snow towards him with a small blast of her power that would die off before hitting him.

“Are you sure you want me to let loose?” She laughed out after sending the large wave of snow at him. Now Simon was quick, but he still had to conjure everything up

Interaction: Snow Fight between Molly & Simon

Simon brings his hands together, before spreading them apart and making a series of gestures. A wire-frame of light appears around Simon, a wedge-shaped shield that splits the wave of snow around him, the young man grinning.

"Alright, that's more like it. Headsup!"

He gestures with his hands, flinging a patch of snow up into the air, the chunk falling as artillery onto Molly's position.

Interaction: Snow fight between Molly & Simon ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Molly saw the snow starting to rain down at her, creating a shield of her own around herself before making a pulling gesture. Another force field behind Simon acted like a shovel, scooping up snow and picking up speed to only stop right before hitting him, allowing the snow to be flung at him. Hm. Maybe Simon was quicker than she thought he was, but he didn’t have eyes in the back of his head, nor did he have insane senses.

Molly just seconds after the force field behind him dumped the snow, she pushed her hands forward, bending her force field towards him to throw the snow towards him. Now he had both attacks on both sides of him.

Interaction: Snow fight between Molly & Simon

Simon instinctively conjures up the same dome he'd used to protect him and Molly earlier. He could hear the sound of the scooping, if nothing else, but he could barely manage this shield in time to protect himself, and even then a few bits of snow get through to splash onto his clothes. But the Dimensionalist is a wily one, and molly sees the snow-covered dome begin to rotate... slowly growing faster, before it kicks into high gear, sending snow flying outwards in a wave before the shield dissipates.

Interaction: Snow Fight between Molly & Simon ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

Molly pulled back her bent force field that once protected her to do so once more. The snow fight simply became a battle of the force fields at this point, and there was no point in it anymore. Molly laughed to herself and shook her head. She glanced down at her watch and made an audible groan, visibly frowning. “I totally forgot I was supposed to go talk with Mr. Cameron about that mechanical room trainings. Shoot i’m actually gonna be late, he’s gonna hate me!”

Molly took down her force fields and began running towards the pits exit. She turned around and ran backwards offering a wave to Simon “We should do this again sometime, see yah loser!”

“Read off the calculations again.”

“12 pints of blood contained within the subject’s body at any given time. Adding in enhanced durability and regenerative mutation, as well as typical blood donation time statistics, the subject can donate 24 pints per whole-day session. A typical daily session yields 7 pints.”

Noah nodded, sitting down in the padded chair he kept down in the lab. “Mrrow?” the resident lab kitten inquired. He smiled, picking her up. “I’m quite alright, Crow. Just going over some information for the day.” Blood donation days were never quite comfortable, nor were they particularly productive, but he had plenty of time to work on lesson plans and read. And he had decent company. Crow bumped his hand, letting out a purr.

“Yeah, thanks darling.”

With a stack of books next to the chair, a package of Oreos (to keep his blood sugar from tanking), a gallon of water (to keep him from dehydrating), and a very affectionate cat, Noah was ready. He hooked up the tubing that he’d have to replace in an hour before settling into his chair. It was going to be a long seven hours.

—————————
Ernest looked over the monitoring systems in their aptly named “Mission Control” room. While various students had already been mission-certified, he and Dr. Haywood had decided that specialized classes were in order. Ernest was in charge of training uncertified students to handle the monitoring machines- a way to contribute outside of potentially dangerous missions. Today was supposed to be the first class but…

He sat alone.

Location -- Plane heading for Washington
Mood -- Hopeful
Interactions -- D DjalliLulezon

When Valmir confronted him about his starring, his face flushed and he scratched the back of his neck in shame. "Oh, uh, um...no," he answered. He continued and instantly lied to cover it up, "Sorry about that, I just thought you looked familiar, that's all," and for some reason, the seat in front of him suddenly became the most intriguing object at the time. He wasn't aware that he was that obvious, though he occasionally is, and it's growing harder and harder to learn more about their abilities, which was making Bastian more intrigued. Did they have any anti-mutant technology or Power Resistance on them? He didn't detect any anti-power aura around them, so he ruled that out. However, he ought to stop staring at them and keep talking to them or they could think something is amiss.

He was initially hesitant to tell them where he was truly heading, but because they were also mutants and seemed kind, he took the chance not really caring which way it turned out. "Since you're a mutant like me, I assume you're heading to the Institute for Exceptional Beings too, or are you going somewhere else?" Bastian continues to astound himself, but if they are genuinely accompanying him to the Institute, he might as well make a friend along the way. Besides, from what he saw, the guy seemed remarkably adept for an A-Tier, so perhaps he might be one of the uncommon cases of the pleasant ones.

He then asked with a gleam of hope in his eyes, "If it's latter, which I sincerely hope it is, would you mind someone tagging along?" He really didn't want to go there, but he kind of had to because his uncle would be furious and nobody likes an angry telepath. But if he could sneak out, maybe he could bump into a telepath along the way and cloak himself because he sure knows his uncle would have tabs on him

Last edited:
Interaction: Snow Fight between Molly & Simon

"Damn, you hurry up then! See you later Princess!"

Simon waves as she hurries off, chuckling to himself. Then he turns his attention back to the pit, and back to training his abilities further. Always, the daily grind...

Clarence Young
Scene: Kitchen/Mission Control

As had become more than usual to him, he found himself sucked into his notes and writings. The occasional nonsense phrase here and some things he wanted to get done there, small things to pass the time. It wasn't till Molly greeted him that he took his eyes away from the page long enough to notice others leaving to get started on the day. Simon off to get the PIT cleared for the two and Noah to work on things in the lab, he swore he'd heard Alex around too but by the time he'd looked up they were gone. Anywhere else it'd feel sort of frustrating to be left like this but here it was strangely okay, a sentiment he normally only shared with friends and family. He hadn't thought about it much before but this morning something just felt right, maybe he'd just realized that a lot of his classmates were becoming something more akin to friends. Looking back down to his book he groaned, he'd known these people for a month. What was he doing making them all friends when he'd barely talked to any of them. His face sunk into his book in embarrassment, he couldn't believe what was going through his mind. Wanting to take his mind off of things he went off to the library to do some reading, he wanted to help someone today but couldn't even face them after whatever the hell had just happened up there. He got up from his seat, his head held low and the journal kept close to his side, and walked to the library.

At least that was the original idea. It wouldn't take long before his short trip to the library became mindless walking up and down the halls of the Institute. The thought kept buzzing around his head, hitting every corner with this embarrassing idea of some big happy family. Sure some of the others played up the idea but they'd been here far longer than him. He barely even knew if he really wanted to be here. Was he really so desperate for friends? He paused on the question realizing he might be but tried to shake off the feeling to not compound the shame. On the bright side, he didn't have much to do today, just some studying. Again he paused to think on this, opening his book to what for others was a garble of little sun drawings, words, and numbers but for him was an agenda.

"Shit." Clare covered his mouth and looked around, luckily no one appeared to be close. A note on it was supposed to show him when his new class at Mission Control was. Even though passing Basic Training and going on missions didn't appeal to him, he still wanted to help out somehow. It was perfect and now he was about to be late for this perfection. He ran to the room, arriving a few minutes late, he sat down and was about to say something when he remembered that there might not be anyone that can block his powers here. Instead, he brought out his phone and typed out a message, which was then repeated out of a small speaker on the back of the phone, "Good morning Mr. Cameron, so sorry for the lateness!"

Location -- Town outside of institution
Mood -- Confusion / Anger
Interactions -- Open

After dealing with the drunken human and proceeding to go on with the rest of his day, Alex wandered the rest of the town, spending most of his time mainly people watching and a bit of window shopping here and there. His thoughts wandered all over the place as he wondered what he could even purchase that would suffice as a decent enough item to be considered an apology for being the way he was towards the guards. What did they even like, what could offend them, would he even have enough money to purchase something worthwhile? Questions flooded his head while he kept walking forward with no destination in mind.

Out of idiocy or simply the lack of attention span, Alex walked face first into a sign that should've been easily noticed by anyone else who had eyes. Taken back by the faceplant, he stepped back just to rub his face before looking up to read the sign. It was an orphanage, blinking several times at the sight that there was an orphanage around here, he turned his head towards the direction the arrow upon the sign pointed at only to see the church-like structure a few blocks down the opposite side of the sidewalk. He had nothing else to do, so why not take a look. Deciding to head his way over towards the building, it didn't take long before he had reached the front exterior of the building only to witness a sight of graffiti sprayed across the exterior walls all over, several windows had been shattered and the yard was littered with trash, the grass had looked as though it had never been watered and a small plot of what he could only assume was a garden project was torn apart. Simply seeing these atrocities alone caused Alex to clench his fists before quickly releasing his grip and placing a hand over the side of his head from a sudden jolt of pain. His chipmunk companion who noticed this was quick to stare towards her him before patting his cheek multiple times with her small paws to attempt and get his attention.

"I'm okay Yumi...don't worry." Reassuring his animal friend, Alex wasn't even sure what that pain was but whatever it was but surely it wasn't good. Shaking off whatever that feeling was for the time being, he pushed open the double doors only to end up finding a mid-sized room with a front desk in the center. Behind the desk was a nun who appeared as kind as expected. Giving a light bow of his head, the only greeting he gave the woman was a simple 'sister', before shifting his attention to the rest of the room. The wallpaper of the room looked as though it was about ready to peel off the walls, the floors were gray from what one could only assume was the lack of care and cleaning, the doors looked like they were about to come off their hinges from one light swing. "Sister...what has come of this place? Do you not house children here?" Questioning the nun who continued with her joyful smile that Alex could only guess was a facade considering how the place had looked. "Why yes sir. We do! Would you like to adopt one? I can greet you to them if you'd like." With her response, Alex only slowly nodded before he had been led down several halls to where the students were at the time. During their walk, it was clear that what he had seen was no doubt just the lightest form of defacing of the orphanage.

The halls were littered with more trash than there was outside, the walls were covered in crayon drawings, there were even holes in walls from most likely anger tantrums. Just from what he had seen, he couldn't imagine what the children looked like in person.

Interactions: Xen6n Xen6n
Valmir was shocked that Bastian figured out what he was. He didn't have any noticeable marks, and he wasn't even slightly using his power so there was nothing he could see. But then he thought that since mutations came in all types of forms, he could only assume Bastian's gave him some type of ability to detect mutants. That made Valmir wonder just how many mutants must be out there, and how jealous he was that Bastian was able to find them that easily. "I see....I must say I was not expecting to find another of our kind this quickly, let alone sitting right next to me. It's surprising, to say that least" Valmir said with a sigh, leaning back into his seat. He wondered if anyone heard them talking about mutants, and he took a quick look back at the person sitting behind him, and saw they were dead asleep. Their secret is safe for now, for the most part.

"Maybe we should speak a little quieter, when talking about mutants? We don't want a racist to come up and try and attack us." Valmir had experience hiding his mutation, as he imagined most did, but given the nature of it he found it more difficult to hide, especially when he first discovered it. "Yes, I'm going to the Institute. My family thought it would be good to go to a place where they could better understand me...Or at least that's what they said." Valmir's eye slightly twitched in memory of his parents discovering his mutation, and then how they reacted when they learned about the Institute. They were more than ready to get Valmir out of the house, completely because they wanted the best for him.....Bullshit.

"I don't mind if you come along. It's a new country, and I do not feel like going about it alone, if that's alright." Valmir said with a chuckle, a little embarrassed that he needed a buddy to go with. Not only was it a new country, but it was a new school, a school made for people like them. It was bound to be overwhelming the first day, and he figured it would be easier to deal with if he had a friend.

Location -- Plane heading for Washington
Mood -- Glad/Unsure

Bastian observed Valmir's bewilderment at discovering his mutant status, but he wasn't surprised by it; rather, he expected it because he typically got that response. It was similar to informing a man seated with two buddies at a table nearby that he was gay based on his behavior. He had no idea why Bastian had drawn that parallel. But nevertheless, it can be useful if you have the capacity to recognize mutations. "Yeah, you didn't strike me as the average A-Tier, who for the most part are complete arrogant assholes, it's usually the stronger ones that let their power get to their head.", he ranted, you could say he was quite an opinionated person, and it usually takes a lot to change his perspective on something but ever since he's been traveling with his uncle and around the world, the most who wanted to fight both of them were higher tiers and they didn't really leave a good impression on themselves.

He would smirk a little when he saw Valmir peering behind them to check if anyone would overhear their discussion of mutants, but he understood the caution in his tone when he expressed his worry to be a little discrete. He reasoned that they might've lived in a family or area where mutants weren't accepted, which was practically almost everywhere on this planet. He recalled a day when he and his uncle went to a bar that didn't accept "muties" and of course, they wanted to start a fight so we gave them one, and beat their asses too. If you're wondering how the hell they would discover that they were mutants, let's just mention that Kain, his uncle, doesn't appear normal when he isn't utilizing his telepathy to disguise himself.

"Don't sweat it, there are two mutants on this plane: the person sleeping behind us is a mutant Telepath, and the one with the dormant ability of Mnemokinesis is a few seats in front of us. If anything goes wrong, I could use any of their abilities.". He made an effort to smile comfortingly, but he was aware of his anxiety; his uncle had often told them that their fear and misperception were not their fault and that he shouldn't harm them, by harming he meant not killing them.

He showed sympathy when Valmir stated his situation for attending the Institute since he could relate to how it felt to have your family reject you. "I'm sorry about that, but at least you have someone who does understand you. My situation was similar, but my father was more...direct in his distaste towards me, so my uncle took me in.", he frowned a bit and looked the other way, he didn't want to be a crying mess next to Valmir, already missing his uncle but he gotta at least trust his judgment on this.

"Don't fuss about it, It's alright, we'll be like brothers from another mother." He joked and had a genuine smile ever since he stepped onto this plane. Did he genuinely make a friend? It seemed strange that someone other than his uncle could make him feel better, and he began to have several worries: perhaps they'll turn on me when we get there, or perhaps they'll be persuaded by the airheads in the school and become the stereotypical jock bullies. He nodded to Valmir and savored the moment, for the time being, hoping that it was just him being paranoid.

Last edited:

Location -- Institution Garden
Mood -- Curious
Interactions -- aikoscurse aikoscurse

It wasn't long before Alex was finally led to a large room that had damaged toys scattered all around and children sitting around doing either nothing while others attempted to play with the toy only to have it fall apart in their hands after a few moments of playing with it. Seeing this suddenly had caused the same amount of pain from earlier to return twice as bad as it was, holding the side of his head the sensation felt as though someone or something was using a sledgehammer and smashing it against the side of his skull constantly. The nun who had noticed this was quick to pat his free shoulder that didn't consist of Yumi sitting on it while questioning if he was alright. Shaking his head, he'd push the woman aside and quickly make his way to leave the building. After leaving the facility, he'd rest a hand onto a lamppost outside of the building only to have it begin bending over as though it were made of paper. Just as quickly as he placed his hand onto it, he'd release his touch causing the entire structure to halt in its bent position.

The pain on the side of his head was still throbbing and he felt completely out of breath, without wasting another second, he'd rush his way back to the institution. At least there, if something happened then he knew there were staff and others who could help him.

With him now sprinting, it took much less time to reach the front entrance to the institution than it had when he was walking away from it. The guards from earlier attempted to greet him only for Alex to give a slight wave of a hand over his head as a form of greeting to them. Barging through the front doors of the institution, he'd come to a steady halt just to try and catch his breath. The pain on the side of his head had started to subside finally but it didn't mean that any of it made any sense to him as to why he even had that much pain out of nowhere. Yumi by this point had been practically dangling off the back of Alex's shoulder due to him sprinting uncontrollably to reach back to the institution. By the time he had noticed this, Alex hastily lifted his chipmunk companion from his shoulder just to place her onto the top of his head for safety. "I'm sorry Yumi...I will not make that mistake again."

For now, being back at the institution was enough to calm him down, next was to figure out what he could do. Maybe head to the garden and take in the scents of the different flora there to see if it would help him focus and possibly understand what he had just experienced.

Coming to a decision, Alex proceeded to head to the garden area of the building. Noticing as to how the halls were much more empty than usual, he'd turn his gaze down one corridor after another each time he had reached an intersection. Curious as to why it was so empty, he assumed everyone had gone to class.
Eventually reaching the garden, since everyone seemed to have been gone for the time being, he believed he had the place to himself. It did not take long before his belief was proven incorrect only to find what appeared to have been one of the other students was spending her time gardening. He was sure he met this one earlier this morning, Molly, wasn't it? Staring at her for a few moments in silence, Alex slowly approached her to avoid scaring her. "Uhhh...Molly, right? You don't have class?"

Interactions: Xen6n Xen6n

"No point in being arrogant. We're all seen as dirt in the eyes of bigots, after all." Valmir responded to Bastian's observations. Once Valmir heard Bastian describing the mutants on the plane, it was then he started to get a better understanding of his mutation. It would be pretty powerful, especially if you were trying to figure out who you were up against in a fight. Well, just because you know what mutation your opponent has doesn't mean you can win, but it helps to know.

Valmir smiled when Bastian encouraged them going together. This little partnership might work out nicely, at least for the time being, that is. Valmir had only just met Bastian so he had no idea about what he might be really like.

Soon after, the captain made an announcement that the plane would be landing soon, and Valmir gave a sigh of relief. Finally, he would be out of this thing. "Well let's hope this school isn't like the ones I see in the movies. I have no need to dance in hallways randomly."

Location -- Outside the Gates of the Institute
Mood -- Concerned

Bastian couldn't express how happy he was when the plane finally landed at the airport. He thought he might actually kiss the pilot on my way out after collecting his pieces of luggage. Passing through the necessary security checkpoints was the easy part. But it was finding my way out that was the hardest for them. Bastian kindly stopped a woman in a business suit to ask for directions as she pointed up to the signs in front of them. After forcing himself to remember what she said, Bastian walked off with Valmir and prayed like hell that it worked. Relief washed over him when both of them rounded the corner and saw the automatic doors opening and closing to the outside world. Standing underneath the international arrival sign, Bastian flagged down a taxi and slid into the back with Valmir as the driver drove off into Washington. The driver would be the first one to break the silence as he was watching them from the mirror view.

"So where I'm I taking you two fine gentlemen?"

"The Institute for Exceptional Beings"

"Ah, I remembered my days at the school, so your both mutants then"

"Mhm"

"What's your tier and powers?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out...if you could anyway"

The driver chuckled in response as he watched from the mirrorview, he would then focus his attention on the wheel as he drove them to their destination. It wasn't the first time Bastian went to Washington but he could only imagine how much of a magical experience this was for Valmir next to him, as the taxi passed the grandiose view of the city, far off the Washington monument and other historical sites could be seen as they went by until the area started to get more for forested and secluded with barely any houses or buildings passing now. When we finally reached the last winding bend, we could see a black Iron Gate guarding the entrance of the Institute that towered over the walls, giving us a peek at the massive building. Bastian would pay the driver as both of them exited the car, with the driver waving at them goodbye and wishing them a good stay at the institute. He looked at Valmir to see if he was alright as both of them stood waiting in front of the black iron gate, "Are you okay? You seem quiet since the drive.". He knew how daunting going to new places was since he traveled a lot with his uncle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back