• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Demigods are those human beings who are literally, biologically the offspring of a deity and a mortal. According to most mythologies that contain demigods, demigods are born from a direct conjugal relationship between a god and a mortal human.

Mortal Trailer

Check out the trailer. For this RP I am NOT looking for the cutsie fluff of Percy Jackson. I am looking for a more serious tone to the RP. I am going to limit the pantheons however and create a list of Gods/Goddesses to choose from.

Greek
Norse (Germanic)

Egyptian
Summerian
Mesapotamian

The members of this group are going to be demigods who have grown up among humans. It is very likely that they have never known their parents - either parent. Most will have adoptive families. The reason for their true parents not being around may or may not be revealed in the RP. A Goddess may leave a child on church steps. Or she may replace a child who didn’t survive birth at a hospital - a miracle for a woman who desperately wanted a child. Male gods tend to leave a bit more havoc in their wake. Broken families. Jealous husbands. And let’s not forget the idea of immaculate conception. Inexplicable pregnancies are always “fun”.

Their powers will NOT manifest at birth. Rather they will awaken later in life when the time is right. Typically this will be in late teens to early adulthood. However it will be clear from early on that these children are exceptional.

ONE group member per God/Goddess.
Only ONE God/Goddess as a parent.
One parent MUST be human.

I am looking for adult characters, age 21+. (Old enough to drink, etc in even America.)

Demigod Physiology
Peak Human Condition
You will have most, if not all, of the Applications.
Techniques will have to be learned.

Posting
3rd Person, Past tense
Modest literacy, spelling and grammar
Good content that adds to the story, develops your character and relationships

Not sure how what you've described so far differs from the "fluff of Percy Jackson",but I might bite.

Have you planned out any particular inciting event to get things rolling? Perhaps the awakened demigods need to find each other for some reason,or an emerging threat that only they can address,and so on.

Well, for starters, these will be full grown adults. If you watched the trailer of Mortal, you would see how the main character's powers manifest ... destructively. I won't give any spoilers should you plan to watch the actual movie. Good movie that portrays how the world might react to the arrival of a god (or descendant of one).

At first - probably prior to the start of the RP - there will be a number of cases like the one in the movie. (Law enforcement gets involved.) At some point the various demigods will have heard rumors of others like themselves. (Not all of the characters have to have had destructive beginnings. But they should be aware of their power.)

Getting them together:
I could have them drawn by instinct - or guided by visions.

Why bring them together?
I do have some thoughts along these lines. One would be something along the lines of the release of the Titans. That feels a little deus extrema, so maybe not. I have other ideas. One involves genetic research creating monsters.

I may not bring them "together" at all. Instead I may create strife between them. Rivalries between pantheons. It depends on the group demographics. If they all come from one pantheon, that wouldn't work too well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back