• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Children of despair (subject to change)

Lord_Boreas

The Northwind

In the early days of civilization, three god siblings, desperate to prove their worth to each other and their parents, greeted three great and massive kingdoms. Another the eldest of the three and goddess water creates her civilization over the sea using the powerful magic in her crown to keep the kingdom afloat. Hectphrin warrior god of the earth spread his kingdom over the land and under the earth, the magic of his hammer forced valuable gems to the surface; making his kingdom wealthy and prosperous. and lastly, the youngest of the three Anemuyah, the blind goddess of burning winds set her kingdom above the clouds, as a monument to her parents. her kingdom was kept in the sky using the magic in her residing in her spear. all three gods prospered, Ynothea creating sea life and the water people(humans with amphibious lungs, able to swim high speeds in water and use a water-based form of magic), Hectphrin creating humans, ogres, faes, along with various other creatures who were able to use various forms of earth-based magic), and Anemuyah creating birds,phenioxs, dragons and the sky folk(bird/ dragon/ Phoenix, human hybrids who are able to change form from human to their respective species at will and are capable of a form of wind magic that contains the heat of a hundred suns).

after a hundred years, the three siblings showed their parents the civilizations they had created and the parents looked in disgust upon their children. they berated them over free will of their human inhabitants. The father, Angered with his children, grabbed a hand full of stars and hurled them at the planet. the stars rained on the sibling's work, sinking the home of the water people, knocking Anemuyah's home, and destroying the kingdoms of the earth god. the god sibling, stripped of almost all of their powers aside from their immortality and accidenltty their godly telepathy and they were locked in cages, Ynothea, goddess of the sea was locked deep beneath the waves, Hectphrin King of the earth was locked deep within what he held domain over, and Anemuyah, the clever Misstress of scolding winds was locked in a cage in the sky, held by a petrified elder giant who will come to life if any tried to free her. though the three could only reach out to the beings they created they urged them to rebuild together and all of the species settled in once place although after 1000 years all creatures who couldn't pass for a human would be driven out into the wild or enslaved

Ten Hundred Years Later

Modern civilization has come and the decedents of the various groups have become various organizations. The Children of Ynothea became a powerful port mafia, controlling all ports in the city as well as water travel in the cities boarders. Children of Another retained the ability to summon blue energy similar to water that has various properties. Children of the earth formed powerful gangs dabbling in the drug trade and trafficking, they have the ability to summon green energy that can be used to control earth. The Church of the Burning Sky are the children of the youngest created a large church that worships the blind goddess Anemuyah though said to be "holy" they make a profit through controlling air traffic and airports. they are said to wield red wind-based energy that could be used to fly and also scorch anything it touches. Most Magical creatures retreated deep into the woods, mountains, and deep seas but some have blended in with humanity.

in this rp you will have the choice of joining one of the three factions, creating a smaller subset group, being a police officer, a civilian, a magical creature trying to blend in, or a magical creature in their respective area.

People:
Ynothea- goddess of the Sea
Hectphirn- God of Earth
Anemuyah- Goddess of scorching winds

Mafia Father- Sea kings (LetsGoGuy)

Gang Lord- Dirt Devils (open to play)

Scorched Priest-Church of the Burning Sky (Lord_Frost)

Anyone wanting to play one of the three leaders will also play their respective god/goddess (simple words of wisdom from time to time unless the plot demands)

Powers:
Ynothea: water based energy attacks, stronger near or in water, able to control water if close enough get creative) energy comes in various shades of blue, deeper the blue; stronger the user. children of Ynothea, with enough training, can adapt their bodies to survive long periods in the water. during this time they can swim at high speeds and can control small marine animals

Hectphrin- Earth/Nature energy-based attacks, can manipulate rock and nature such as plants (get creative) energy comes in various shades of green,yellow,brown, and sometimes black going in weakest to strongest in order. people with black energy are said to have control over the dead. Children of Hectphrin are born with the ability of forge which allows them to create various life forms such as golems, experienced users can create giant golems that live for as long as they will

Anemuyah- Scorching wind energy-based attacks, able to manipulate winds and superheat them to burn anything they touch (get creative). they are masters of ariel combat and if a child of anemuyah is strong enough they can learn to morph into various flying beasts (Pheniox, Griffin, Dragon, Giant birds) their energy vary in shades between deep red and snow white. it is rare to have either and both are said to be equally strong as they are the left and right hands of the goddess.

Relics:

Crown of Ynothea- if worn can command the sea, marine life, and all water people descendants

Hammer of Hectphrin- when wielded, gives the user the power to reshape the earth, spawn forests and create valleys. its can control all of his children

Spear of Anemuyah- able to summon solar winds, said to be able to create a white sun capable of destroying a planet. can control all-sky folk

Places:
Continent-Segala (would be somewhere in the Atlantic ocean)
The place where the story takes place- Cretan City (new york sized city)
Home of Ynothea- Atleria the sunken kingdom (bottom of the Atlantic ocean)
Hectphrin Valley - a large valley and forest that houses the mythical children of Hectphrin
The Blind Mountains- Home to all ariel beast, a mountain range consisting of small valleys and never-ending caves

i dont really have a set direction or goal for this RP so I am totally open to ideas if anyone is interested

Last edited:
LetsGoGuy LetsGoGuy omg I didn't think anyone would be interested, you are welcome to play him/her (the father part will be gender-neutral for this) ill start working on a thread and cs page shortly

also, I will take your input or ideas with anything, it been a while since I've been on here so I'm still trying to get used to it.

(WIP)

Name:

Child of:
List What deity (everyone comes from one even if human) Ynothea, Hectphrin, Anemuyah

Codename:
gang name, mafia nicknames, or names of flying creatures or birds for Burning sky

16-whatever age, (Children of Despair tend to live longer lifespans)

Apperance:
Either anime/drawing picture or detailed description (at least a paragraph)

Organization
Sea Kings, Dirt Devils, the Church of the Burning Sky or a subset group(for this please dm me as well as list which of the main three you come from)

Position in the organization:
(leaders are by dm if not taken, second in command is chosen by the leader)

Bio:

Aether Color(Energy):
if born between two of different factions can have two colors meaning two powers. reserved only for leaders and second in command) Ynothea: anything between dark blue and white (Dark blue and White are considered rare) Hectphrin: any color between black and yellow (black and yellow are considered rare) Anemuyah: any color between blood red and snow white (blood red and snow white are rare) Aether color determines nature of power!! (i.e White can be snow or Freezeburn winds (snow white) green is nature, yellow -lightning, black- necromancy, and so on. children of the sky use scorching winds, not fire)

Special spells:
List all the attacks you can preform, while you can make stuff up on the go in rp it would be nice to see a spell list representing your characters knowledge. (get creative, just don't go op)

weapon:
simple stuff like a gun or sword (work your powers into your weapon) add a pic if you want

dislikes

motto:

Extra:

Sweet. I think it's a good idea overall. I'd like to be a part of helping refine it as much as you'd like.

any help you have will be appreciated. i was smoking one night and just started typing XD do you think i should wait for more people or start making a thread now?

I'd wait for some more people. At the moment, I would try and flush out some of the story so that there is a bit of purpose and drive. That will make it more attractive to other people.

Well, maybe the families have the goal of freeing their deity while hindering all the other families from doing so. Perhaps the deities have been reaching out to the heads of the family, giving them cryptic clues for where to find them or how to free them. Something like that.

ok see i kinda thought something like (which is why the heads of the families also play their respective deity) that but i wasn't sure. ill try to type some more stuff up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back