• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Chicago 2099 (OCC)

Just throwing this out there, I was planning a post and then our internet provider decided we didn't need Internet this month... so they turned ours off :P Something about needing money or something, but whatever. So since I am not the one in charge of paying that bill, I'm relegated to posting from my phone for the time being, so I won't be getting an actual IC post up for some time until I can manage it on my mobile device. Sorry bout that.

Aight C.P.D. and Others, its time to start! Feel free to put your first post up, just end it with going to Sihng's office if you're on the email. If not (Fallthorn) just post something good and remember the face of your father. If you don't get that quote go read The Dark Tower right now. That is all.

Stickdom Stickdom Epiphany Epiphany Chen Gong Chen Gong RyanDiaz RyanDiaz Voland Voland GhastlySquash GhastlySquash

2 people reserved spots and then went AWOL, we will fill in as I have a reserve list of growing interest. Go forth!

Everyone welcome Abyss Abyss . He is joining us after two of our comrades haven't posted CS or anything since they reserved their spots. He will be worked in after he is done with his CS, so for now continue as normal

Awesome! Also I finally found a picture I'm satisfied with!

Let me know if there needs to be any changes to my character profile!

GhastlySquash GhastlySquash You're clear - that looks amazing!
Abyss Abyss Both your characters are totally acceptable, but I'm going to have to restrict you to one of them. (With potential to grow in the future so don't feel like he's lost forever). I wanna see how the RP goes for a little before I allow multi's.

Everyone please go ahead and post your first bit! It should be a little about your character, their life, maybe their attitude, but it should end with them in the Obama conference room for the all hands (C.P.D. officers and support staff only) If you're a field asset or an informant...you do you lol.

Epiphany Epiphany Stickdom Stickdom Chen Gong Chen Gong Voland Voland RyanDiaz RyanDiaz

Last edited:
Hey um... Just curious, but with the last post is that
GhastlySquash GhastlySquash You're clear - that looks amazing!
Abyss Abyss Both your characters are totally acceptable, but I'm going to have to restrict you to one of them. (With potential to grow in the future so don't feel like he's lost forever). I wanna see how the RP goes for a little before I allow multi's.

Everyone please go ahead and post your first bit! It should be a little about your character, their life, maybe their attitude, but it should end with them in the Obama conference room for the all hands (C.P.D. officers and support staff only) If you're a field asset or an informant...you do you lol.

Epiphany Epiphany Stickdom Stickdom Chen Gong Chen Gong Voland Voland RyanDiaz RyanDiaz

What's the role of field assets?

Hey um... Just curious, but with the last post is that

What's the role of field assets?
So field assets are those people who aren't actually employed by the C.P.D. for instance, informants, inside men, hackers, Murderous robots like Chen Gong Chen Gong 'Fallthorn', etc.

If you have a desk at the C.P.D., you are not a field asset
If your desk is outside the C.P.D. because you're technically a criminal or undesirable, you are a field asset lol

So field assets are those people who aren't actually employed by the C.P.D. for instance, informants, inside men, hackers, Murderous robots like Chen Gong Chen Gong 'Fallthorn', etc.

If you have a desk at the C.P.D., you are not a field asset
If your desk is outside the C.P.D. because you're technically a criminal or undesirable, you are a field asset lol

Hmm...... I might be interested in switching one of my characters into this category.

So, how do you guys like Rosie so far? I promise she won't be this trippy the all the time, I just thought it'd make an impressionable entrance if she showed up to work digitally stoned the first day XD

BarkWolfBacon BarkWolfBacon

Haha I like it, deff established her place as sticking out like a sore thumb in the office, causing Sol grief, and generally being sort of a high functioning mess lol

She looks like a reckless character to me. But then against that's hypocritical cause Edward has had his fair share of digital and drug based highs himself. So yeah xd.

Haha I like it, deff established her place as sticking out like a sore thumb in the office, causing Sol grief, and generally being sort of a high functioning mess lol

Yeah, that was kinda the point. Like, she technically works for the CPD on paper and in all the systems, but really she hasn't changed much from her street days except that she's got a whole new set of clearance codes and she keeps her operations out of the CPD's line of sight. She could be arrested at any moment for whatever charge you can think of to pin on her, it's all a matter of her usefulness outweighing her chaos, I'm interested to see if the tables turn at some point and she has to flip on the run from Glass and the others because they have a warrant out for her. So it's a fine balance between keeping the peace so she looks good to the CPD on one side and running her operations at a lowkey level on the other side. Makes for an interesting and conflicted character, I think.

She looks like a reckless character to me. But then against that's hypocritical cause Edward has had his fair share of digital and drug based highs himself. So yeah xd.

I'll be honest, when I first saw your character, I was like "Great! Now Rosie has someone crazier than her she can blame stuff on!" XD for the record, Rosie will only refer to Edward as "Crazy Eddie", perhaps these two have some kind of underground rivalry, like they're competing to be the CPD's best "pet project" XD Just a thought, might make for some interesting interactions between them if they alternate between pointing the accusatory finger at each other and switching to being a cooperative powerhouse when it comes time to use force because they're both from the rough part of town and they know how to start a brawl and how to finish one XD

Edward: "rOSIE BURNT DOWN THAT BUILDING NOT ME. AKA THE ONE WITH THE FLAMETHROWER"

rip

Haha I was thinking more like...

Rosie: "Look Glass, I know I'm holding the disembodied head of our client. I know his body is shredded to pieces on the floor over there. I know it's a mess. BUT FOR REAL, YOU DID NOT SEE THOSE NINJAS ATTACK ME AND EDDIE! IT WAS INSANE!"

Glass: "Rosie, were you on chips on the job again?"

Edward: "There were ninjas. Lots and lots of ninjas. I ate most of them."

XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back