• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern CHESHIRE'S PREY [recruiting]

Maevrys

Just another face.
Cheshire's Prey
Where am I?

That might be the first thing you think as you wake up in an unfamiliar bedroom, or perhaps you're used to that sort of feeling... But the question you should ask yourself is: where were you? Starting to make sense now? Doesn't quite add up, does it? Now ask yourself the above question again, and then look at the bedroom door. There's a paper taped to it, with the following details:
Hello #XX.

You have been chosen to participate in a game funded by the world's most prestigious and wealthy human beings. We understand you may be confused and frightened, that your only desire is to leave this place and pretend it never existed, but please rest assured there is only one way out alive. As you explore your new home, you will find that there are no windows or doors leading to the outside. Any doors will lead further and further into the mansion, and you may lose your way trying to get back.

In regards to the game you'll be playing, think of it as a combination of hide and seek with tag. Unless your number is picked to be it, you are to try and hide. Who you're hiding from will only be obvious if they've revealed their number to you. The person who is it will try to kill someone... any one of you, before they get caught by the Cheshire. If they succeed in killing one of you, they will live to see another day. If they fail to kill anyone within the time limit, the Cheshire will kill them.

'But how do I get out alive?' That's your question, correct? Easily answered. If you kill another player when you're not it, you win the game. You will be given 10,000,000,000.00 USD for your discretion and receive a new identity as your previous one has already died. So please! Discard your humanity in this wonderful game and win more money than you could ever imagine, or become the Cheshire's next prey.

- Master
Concept
Very simply put, this is a role-play where the players have been kidnapped and put into rooms in this mansion. Every player is given a number and may choose to identify themselves by their real name or by their given number. Periodically through the role-play, there will be announcements that tell you who is the Seeker and how long the time limit will be to kill someone. While the Seeker looks for their prey, an unknown entity called the Cheshire will stalk them. If the Seeker fails to kill during their time, they will be killed by the Cheshire. Announcements will be based on player activity, to try and fall within a natural flow that works for everyone.
Rules
[1] Because this is a horror role-play, there will be descriptions of killing and violence. However, please remember to follow the site rules, excluding any graphic images or overly descriptive scenes. This isn't to discourage being descriptive... but don't cross the line.

[2] Players will be required to post at least five times every seven days in order to keep the role-play going. They must be able to post 2+ paragraphs per post, and have proper grammar while doing so.

[3] Your character will likely die in some way or form. You are only allowed to have 1 character at a time, but should they meet an untimely death, you are welcome to create a new one and continue playing.

[4] More rules will likely be added...

MAIN THREAD

Last edited:
I really would love to be a part of this! I'm quite interested in this concept, and I think it would be fun! ^^

Thank you for posting a link to this on the forums index, or I may have missed this beauty. Like the others above me have said, this is a very interesting concept, and I would be happy to join in.

I'm glad people are interested! I didn't post it at first because I wasn't sure if it was allowed. Thought the site might consider it spam? But no one else was getting in trouble as far as I could tell... Since hide and seek is more fun with more people, going to see if I can get a couple more people to show interest before I start creating the other threads.

I have to think up a process for the killing system. I was thinking of using Random.org and doing it that way. We'll see.

Well, in the meantime, I suppose I could be looking for faceclaims or something for my character. Any certain image type you're looking for, realistic or illustrated?

Illustrated please. Going to start working on the code for the threads and profile now.

Scratch that, I've already deleted it all. I can't make my mind up.

Last edited:
ooohhh this looks spicy. I was looking for a more casual RP, but fuck it I'm hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back