• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ - ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ

qunqun

Give me your herbs, worm.
hello pls refer all lore questions n ooc chatter when submitting auditions here
have fun! get to know each other!​

Yes hi hello
I very well may have more questions but here's my first for now:
What are some examples of the kind of cargo typically transported down the Silk Roads?

Last edited:
time for me to go feral over this concept ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ

Yes hi hello
I very well may have more questions but here's my first for now:
What are some examples of the kind of cargo typically transported down the Silk Roads?
Hello! The Silk Road is a catch-all term for the multiple routes that cargo ships take. So it can be anything from food to fuel to cloth... basically "resources"

the way this opened like a minute after I went to sleep :'(. LOVELY concept I'm excited

I wanted to ask, are there still like, different countries/governing systems? are the colonies more independent or under the same rule?

I wanted to ask, are there still like, different countries/governing systems? are the colonies more independent or under the same rule?
Planet colonies r financially dependent on trading away resources for credits/other things that are essential to life like water but independent outside of that. Generally speaking, the rich live on massive space ships floating about in space. They are also independent

Did you have any planets and corporations in mind already? I was wondering if there would be any chance for recent rebellions against the corporations that keep people under their thumb, maybe some that technically succeeded in the initial driving away of the wealthy that controlled these corporations, especially if they live on isolated ships, but then they came back with reinforcements and absolutely crushed the resistance.

Is there a deadline for the applications?

Did you have any planets and corporations in mind already? I was wondering if there would be any chance for recent rebellions against the corporations that keep people under their thumb, maybe some that technically succeeded in the initial driving away of the wealthy that controlled these corporations, especially if they live on isolated ships, but then they came back with reinforcements and absolutely crushed the resistance.

Is there a deadline for the applications?
If youโ€™d like to create a planet then go ahead!! Iโ€™d probably say โ€œnot necessarilyโ€ to the revolution because politically the colonies are independent, but itโ€™s just economically that theyโ€™re dependent.

Iโ€™m playing deadlines for applications by ear but most likely due in 2 weeks ish

If youโ€™d like to create a planet then go ahead!! Iโ€™d probably say โ€œnot necessarilyโ€ to the revolution because politically the colonies are independent, but itโ€™s just economically that theyโ€™re dependent.
So there could be room for perhaps a worker's rebellion or something of that sort? Where a bunch of civilians who are the ones that are carving out some kind of raw resource, be it cutting down trees, mining minerals, etcetera, decide fuck it, and just decide to stop doing their jobs until there's some sort of force that comes down to make them do it?

So there could be room for perhaps a worker's rebellion or something of that sort? Where a bunch of civilians who are the ones that are carving out some kind of raw resource, be it cutting down trees, mining minerals, etcetera, decide fuck it, and just decide to stop doing their jobs until there's some sort of force that comes down to make them do it?
Yes that would work! A strike would be met with an embargo which would be decidedly Not Good

I'd love to know more about the big colony ships - who tends to end up on them? What's life like there?

I'd love to know more about the big colony ships - who tends to end up on them? What's life like there?
Glitz and glamor tend to follow the colony ships. These are people who've amassed enough fortune to escape the misery of overcrowded megacities or drudgery of physical manual labor in mines and mills found in the small towns of the planets. That, or the people aboard the colony ships work directly for these rich few out of either sheer luck, generations of service, or they are skilled enough to be personal chefs/musicians/dancers/stylists/what have you.

The people that live in the ship colonies that aren't the megarich generally have longer life expectancy, run into fewer job hazards, and get the scraps of fortune that trickle down every now and then whereas the people working on the planets are more expected to toil and die if they don't manage to get picked up.

Mercenaries also technically "count" but they work more as personal bodyguards or the "army" of the galactic community as it were.

Hi hello I was wondering if there were space ports/space stations where multiple ships could land and potentially pick up/drop off/trade cargo? And would the Commedia use these space ports (if they existed), or would they stick to attacking cargo ships on the Silk Road for supplies?

Hi hello I was wondering if there were space ports/space stations where multiple ships could land and potentially pick up/drop off/trade cargo? And would the Commedia use these space ports (if they existed), or would they stick to attacking cargo ships on the Silk Road for supplies?
Hi!
Yes!
They would not rob the space ports because that would be much more dangerous and the causalities would be much higher, but they would use them to sell off things that they don't need for more supplies and things of this ilk

Hi!
Yes!
They would not rob the space ports because that would be much more dangerous and the causalities would be much higher, but they would use them to sell off things that they don't need for more supplies and things of this ilk
Wonderful - thoughts on robots/droids and/or cyborgs and whether or not they would exist?

Wonderful - thoughts on robots/droids and/or cyborgs and whether or not they would exist?
They do! Robots are very much a thing, they aren't sentient though. Cyborgs... uh... Okay. So. Yes and no. Yes because there is robotic prosthetics for things such as eyes and limbs and hearing aids. No because I think the word "cyborg" brings to mind something else with connotation. My rule is essentially as long as you don't get superpowers from robotic replacements, you're probably in the right field.

Hello! I have either sent out messages to everyone accepted or I've been contacted on WIPs.
Thank you all for applying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back