• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Chateau D’Orageux: The Search for a Murderer (OPEN)

laceanddoodles

Your run of the mill Victorian lady
Chateau D’Orageux: The Search for a Murderer

image-asset.png

The Duke D’Chantlee has been murdered. A list of suspects— ranging from political rivals to ex-lovers to even relatives —has been written up, but there are simply too many to arrest them all. Instead, the clever inspector invited them all to a remote coastal estate. Here, in this grand house, overlooking the sea, the inspector intends to discover who killed the Duke, and why.

Did one of the assembled party actually murder the Duke? All would have their motives, and it’s difficult to not suspect those around you. The doors to the estate house have been locked, and the tension is about to reach a boiling point.

What an interesting man, this duke was. To have so many people who might have murdered him is an accomplishment. Stories about him conflict wildly, everyone seems to have known a different version of the man. Who’s telling the truth? Who’s lying? Who killed him? Why?

Want to find out? Join us, at the luxurious estate of Chateau D’Orageux.

THIS IS A HISTORICAL RP, SET IN THE MID 1700s!

HOW TO PLAY (Not boring, I swear):
-Yes, you actually have to play a suspect.
-If you want to have been the killer, message me. (Otherwise, I may assign somebody the role at random)
-If you REALLY want to play the inspector, message me. Otherwise, he/she/they will have a minimal role as I will know who the killer is, and that would make it unfair for me to play the inspector.
-Even if you aren’t the killer, come up with a reason or two of why your character might have killed him. (E.g. The Duke scorned your character in love or otherwise, your character feels cheated out of some recognition because all credit for what happened went to the Duke). Message these to me privately.
-Come up with a Big Burning Secret for your character. It can be anything, just something they desperately want to hide. Send that to me, as well.
-Obviously, if the Duke has just been murdered. So we’ll have no Duke in our plot, besides backstory. Feel free to work the Duke into your character’s backstory as much as you want. It doesn’t matter if your story conflicts entirely with somebody else’s— that will just make drama, because everyone will assume one of you are lying.
-This, of course, is a role play. The objective of it is to gang up on someone and accuse them of murdering the Duke. It’s like mafia! If all goes well, all of the characters involved will be decently suspicious in their own right. Be cunning, be conniving, be bombastic and belligerent if you will. Your character is allowed to lie, cheat, manipulate, and seduce as you see fit.
-Please don’t actually rp sex, though. It’s against the rules and it’s very uncomfortable.
-If your character REALLY wants to kill somebody else’s character, DM them and talk about it. If they say no, however, don’t do it.
-Swearing is cool in moderation
-Be nice, be respectful out of character.
-I’ll be accepting anyway from five to ten people.
-I’m very nice— don’t be afraid to ask me for or about anything.

Character sheet below

Name:
Family and status: (Most of us will be nobility, most likely, given that our characters all had a personal or working relationship with the Duke. But if you want to have been a servant in his household or something creative, commoners are cool too.)
Relationship to the deceased:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Looks:
Height:

REMEMBER, message me at least one reason why your character might have killed the Duke (the more the better), one Big Burning Secret, and whether or not you want to be the killer or the inspector.

An example character:

Name: Duchess Margot Henriette D'Chantlee
Family and status: The duchess-- a powerful noble lady and recent widow.
Relationship to the deceased: He was her husband
Personality: Formal and stiff, Lady Margot is a no-nonsense individual who doesn't suffer fools. She has little patience, at the best of times, and a cutting temper, at her worst.
Likes: Wine, chocolate, reading, being in control of the situation, children
Dislikes: Too much noise, dishonesty, gossips, garish colors
Strengths: Powerful, influential, highly intelligent, well connected
Weaknesses: Not flexible, not spontaneous, not one to think on her feet.
Looks: Pale, brown eyes, thin lips. Dark hair, turning grey. Slender and lithe. Was once a beauty, now a little past her prime.
Height: 4'10

I would def be interested in this! Maybe as the Duke’s son or nephew, or someone with a vested interest in the inheritance.... And maybe as a member of the staff? What are your thoughts on people writing for more than one character?

I would def be interested in this! Maybe as the Duke’s son or nephew, or someone with a vested interest in the inheritance.... And maybe as a member of the staff? What are your thoughts on people writing for more than one character?

Ah, awesome!! Hopefully, everyone will have an interest in some regard. Welcome aboard, feel free to start working, and yeah! You can definitely have more than one! I'll probably end up doubling up, myself, just to pad things out and create more room for drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back