Chat

It's not my drone doing that, seeing as how I've hacked the cameras the facial recognition was done through feed taken from that system, so while you were still inside the building. Which is why I was also able to do it to more people then just you.

Also on the note of the drone, the noise doesn't make much sense considering this is a bustling cyberpunk city, you'd be struggling to separate a sound which would in comparison be rather minute. And on the weight thing, I meant more horizontal distance then vertical distance, a sniper drone armed with a sniper rifle of medium calibre. One that wouldn't be able to penetrate you I'm willing to admit seeing as how I would have just shot the helicopter itself if i had that much power. Would position itself hundreds of meters away easily, maybe even a KM. Seeing as how the spotting is done by the sensory drone there's no reason for it to be close.

Ah alright thank you for explaining more. You'll see I have mentioned you in your character sheet asking you to elaborate on materials and such which can give you an advantage if done right. I'm not sure what sensory support is referring too, and the calibre of the rifle was not specified either.

Additionally, following continuing technical difficulties on his part @The Glass Ninja has decided to entrust his character Gabriel to me until he can get his PC replaced or repaired.

Expect a post shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HarleyQuip @uesius @Cashdash25 @admiral9

This rate of posting is suffocating the roleplay. The most decent solution is to split the characters into two groups which don't depend on each other for the posting schedule. Monika (Harley) + Chloe (me). Cashdash and admiral's characters + Lotus. Kora (useius) + Jack (me). I'll try to get Steele out of the picture as soon as possible so he isn't in anyone's way.

I waited too long to enact this and I apologize. Hopefully, your interest for the roleplay is still burning or, at the very least, in embers.

I would also like to sincerely apologize in advance for my post quality, I am absolutely creatively drained because of personal reasons. My posts will be withered and I simply don't have the time in the day to improve their quality through rewrites. 

This rate of posting is suffocating the roleplay. The most decent solution is to split the characters into two groups which don't depend on each other for the posting schedule. Monika (Harley) + Chloe (me). Cashdash and admiral's characters + Lotus. Kora (useius) + Jack (me). I'll try to get Steele out of the picture as soon as possible so he isn't in anyone's way.

I waited too long to enact this and I apologize. Hopefully, your interest for the roleplay is still burning or, at the very least, in embers.

I would also like to sincerely apologize in advance for my post quality, I am absolutely creatively drained because of personal reasons. My posts will be withered and I simply don't have the time in the day to improve their quality through rewrites. 

@uesius @Cashdash25 @admiral9

I would also like to add something to this, and that is if you feel you would like to leave the roleplay now is the time to do so but please give us notice first. If not then I would like to encourage all of you to make more of an effort to post more frequently if possible. I would like to thank Cashdash and uesius for posting at least daily though :)  

Just to bring everyone's moods up a little, here's a picture of a horse in a slight predicament:

so stuck BW.png

It's also slightly a metaphor I realise.

@HarleyQuip @uesius @Cashdash25 @admiral9

Hey man, shit happens, I've pulled 24+ hour days twice this week. Nobody's gonna crucify you for feeling burned out.

@uesius @Cashdash25 @admiral9

I would also like to add something to this, and that is if you feel you would like to leave the roleplay now is the time to do so but please give us notice first. If not then I would like to encourage all of you to make more of an effort to post more frequently if possible. I would like to thank Cashdash and uesius for posting at least daily though :)  

You know, you don't have to be a condescending dick all of the time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go write a death post, for a character that isn't mine, because an invisible, definition of the term mary sue, killed another player character without them even having a chance to escape, while their actual player is out of action and they're entrusted to a proxy.

Hey man, shit happens, I've pulled 24+ hour days twice this week. Nobody's gonna crucify you for feeling burned out.

You know, you don't have to be a condescending dick all of the time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go write a death post, for a character that isn't mine, because an invisible, definition of the term mary sue, killed another player character without them even having a chance to escape, while their actual player is out of action and they're entrusted to a proxy.

for the record I wasn't being "condescending" if you can't take a legitimate compliment not my concern.

As for the character... well maybe you shouldn't of put him out in the open with ronin samurai pouring in; to needlessly smash some poor schmucks face. Had he been behind cover maybe it wouldn't of happened. I can edit the post if you really feel it's necessary but your characters actions will have consequences. @Mr_DC since you are the GM and I'm just your moderator do you have any issues with me pulling the trigger on the character?

So... about the whole posting thing.
Since when does not posting for a day mean the GM is gone or an RP is dead, practically all of the issues loop back to the fact that with barely any reason the RP desires posts to be put up as rapidly as possible just for the sake of then being able to move on to the next one. Why in the world does the GM have to sincerely apologize for not posting for 2 days, what kind of sweatshop RP is this?

So on to the second thing, because of the whole obsession with speed there's not enough time for a post to be given perspective, there's no player interaction or feedback, no collaborative posts and because the GM is taking more of a participating role and less of an arbitrator role in the combat, players are left to decide the results themselves, which rarely works because as we see in this very RP, the way player to player interaction is done just seems to have no actual communication between the players involved, just two parties acting or talking in the direction of the other party and the other one doing the same.

And as another point, I mean yes, cash did something that left his character exposed, you got invisible wall-climbing capable of sprinting with weapons large enough to need a jeep to use with near dead eye accuracy mary sues, we all have things. But isn't that where common courtesy comes in? The ability to mediate a death, the ability to wait for someone, the understanding that an RP has to be fun for all parties. 

This all culminates in an RP that is not fun, you got a posting schedule that tries to emulate an RP with 8 people in it in constant communication but has 4 people actually in it making any posting feel rushed and not fun. You have a complete lack of player interaction or feedback nor a GM arbitrating over results of certain actions with information from both sides meaning one side just assumes a bunch of things and decides "oh sure i guess if all these factors then I can do this just fine." which makes people either cautious to do anything or overeager to do whatever they want. Doing courtesy to some fellow RPers... which is like the least that you can do, just is entirely lacking.

I'll sign your ultimatum to leave, because I don't want to put my name behind a way of working that is entirely nonsensical and has no reason to work like this, count me out and congratulations, I hope you can make the post speed go up even more now,

Ah... I meant to reply to Harley/Cashdash but admiral just changed the situation. Not necessarily for the worst. It gives us something to discuss.

I encourage you to hold your posting until I'm available to write my opinion later today.

I would tag all of you now but I'm on my phone so if any of you tagged the involved individuals, it would be appreciated.

for the record I wasn't being "condescending" if you can't take a legitimate compliment not my concern.

You've been condescendingly talking down to people all game, whether you choose to acknowledge that is another matter entirely.

As for the character's death, if you'd be so kind as to read over my post a second time you'll notice the post is intended to explain what Gabriel had been doing up until that point, moving him from a nebulous limbo waiting for @The Glass Ninja to the current point in time. Meaning he had already done that and moved on to the van he wanted to commandeer, which is supported by the first part of your post where it refers to Ronin troops firing at one of their vehicles.

And further more, there's a thing called common courtesy that is generally accepted as being an important thing in freeform games, it's what prevents one player from simply declaring himself the winner of a given fight do to lack of a ruleset to mediate the fight. It's the thing that allows players to cooperate and collaborate on posts to create a scene that everyone involved his happy with instead of one person declaring that their version of events is the correct one just because they posted first.

@Cashdash25 @HarleyQuip @admiral9

Ah. What is there to say? I'm put in a tough situation where the right decision will not make anyone happy as both of you have valid points.

Tl;dr is on the end so feel free to skip my ramblings - it may be seen as condescending.

This is probably the biggest risk with action scenes. While they are interesting and fun, they can easily turn bad.

I have always believed that a character death is something precious. It had such raw creative power and, when executed well, can send ripples throughout the roleplay. It doesn't matter whether it was done because the writer planned the character to die or if the situation lead to it. All that matters is that it is executed well. It isn't much easier to execute it well when it's one of your characters doing the killing and another of yours doing the dying. The difference still is there. When someone else kills your character, it is an opportunity for bonding between two roleplayers. 0stinato and I had such an encounter shortly into the roleplay where his character died in the hands of mine and there was no other outcome. We both understood the weight, even though his character was new to the roleplay. It was a precious moment in spite of it having little effect. His character died and my character killed it. That is as much of a moment between roleplayers as it is between characters.

And that is what this is about under the surface. Not the connection between characters but between the roleplayers. Each of our characters is seen as some protagonist of their story. It's why they can mow down countless NPC characters without getting a scratch. That's the norm. That's what we are used to as roleplayers. All of us have some grand plans for our characters and when they're mercilessly cut down by someone else, like they don't even matter, like they're just another NPC, like they didn't have a great story behind them and an even greater story ahead of them... It hurts.

Still, the problem here lies slightly deeper. It was about the characters but it ended up being about the roleplayers. You took it to a personal level because someone cut your story short.

I understand that you have a point and I can see it. That doesn't justify making things about the roleplayer. It never does. If you think a roleplayer is underperforming, you should help them even if they wronged your characters. You should state what you believe is wrong and advise an alternative outcome. The point of a roleplay should never be to win an argument or, even worse, to win the roleplay itself.

Most of my characters die. I mark them for dead within the first couple dozen posts. It makes the roleplay that much more interesting when they die. Yet, I fought to keep my character (Shark) alive in a recent fight. I twisted the rules and realism as far as I could to keep her alive. I felt bitter for doing it. It felt wrong as I posted her survival. I believed it was for the good of the roleplay in the long run but it still felt wrong. So I am a hypocrite. I am telling you to follow the rules I didn't follow. That doesn't change the fact that I know what I'm talking about. At least, that I believe that I know what I'm talking about. I'm not some grand roleplayer to obey nor am I a famous author. I just think that I know what I'm talking about.

When I'm in a roleplay, I care about the grand story. About how everything will come together and who will be there when it happens. I heard roleplayers complain about the pace far too many times. I saw roleplayers leave because they couldn't roleplay within their time zone. While Nevereign was never meant to be this successful, I am glad it is and I am trying to keep it going until the natural end. That means keeping people interested. That means posting when I don't think I can post and staying in character when I feel the exact opposite of their emotions. That also means apologizing when someone is waiting for your post for two days.

I understand all of us have difficulty posting every day and need to take a break sometimes to deal with what they're experiencing in their real life. I don't expect or want this roleplay to be something to occupy your mind. I don't expect you to post ten times a day but I hope you will post once per day. Just to keep everyone interested. Consider it a way of returning the favor to me for bothering with the complicated plot under the surface, if you think you owe it to me.

Some of the things that happened in the roleplay recently were my fault. I didn't separate the characters into groups as soon as there were so many people. This lead to some waiting for over 48 hours to post. That isn't fair to them if they're interested in the plot. That makes them lose the will to roleplay. That makes them not want to stay in the roleplay and find something better. And that is my fault. I brought that situation onto those people and no one else should be blamed for the slow pace. I regret skipping admiral9 after just 12 hours of waiting after his last post. It wasn't fair to them as they are a part of the roleplay as well, even though they weren't deeply involved in the plot. What I did was alienate another roleplayer. Instead of integrating them and making them a part of the roleplay, I pushed them out in favor of the whole which was there longer.

Not all was my fault, however. That is what I will discuss with each you in private. It would be rude of me to pull you in front of everyone and list your sins. I am not your judge and there is no jury. I just hope this will help you keep a level and open mind to what I have to say.

Tl;dr - Gonna talk to you in private.

Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know that I have some stuff going on right now that inhibits my posting frequency, so I probably won't be able to post for a while.

Sorry about that, please continue on without me!

@uesius

That's a shame but I wish you the best with whatever you have on your hands now.

Hopefully, you'll be back before the roleplay ends and if not, feel free to contact me and join whatever new project I undertake. I'd be happy to have you :smile1:

Oh man, does this mean we have to start copy-pasting everything we've written over?
If so, I'm up for doing that for any posts I need to - mine especially.
Mr_DC Mr_DC What do you want to do?

I meant to copy all of them so you wouldn't have to be bothered. Though, I'm getting around to it only now as I wasn't really available today.

I meant to copy all of them so you wouldn't have to be bothered. Though, I'm getting around to it only now as I wasn't really available today.

I can copy mine if you like, or if you want to tell me which threads to copy-paste over from to make your job easier...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back