• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

[Chat] Thursday Nights [Forum] [Dice]

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have a functional plot/story that I've worked on for every system I listed.

Hey all, now that the site is not taking up time and my IRL has calmed down considerably and that I'm catching up with my pbp games, I think its time for a chat game, I used to have/be in one almost everyday of the week a few months back but unfortunately thats no longer the case :( .

While I don't plan to ever do that again due to time constraints, I do want to set up a chat game but I want to propose something different and please bare with me as I try to explain.

As someone who really enjoys chat games and most of my friends are in chat rps as well, we've all noticed something. Chat games fall apart faster then IRL gaming groups that get together even though most groups if not all report that chat games have higher quality since using microphone for voice(optional) ooc and then using text/typing for actual in character stuff filters nonsense really well.

The reason though chat games fall apart however is simple:

Reason Games Fall Apart for Chat
Unlike gaming groups IRL who are dedicated to the timeslot/group, most chat game players are dedicated to the system/game. So the moment that the ST wants to pause or take a break to do something else as if it were a real gaming group, the group will fall apart.

So what I want to propose instead is an interest check to meet up on a timeslot/day, currently Thursdays 7pm. If we have a dedicated gaming group who wants to be there for the timeslot/group we can do more then just one thing, we can try various games, play some continuous, take breaks, do what ever want. It doesn't matter if you don't like something, the idea is to try a bit of everything, even possibly alternative between STs eventually, etc.

This would have many benefits.

A) Even if you don't like a game, you don't have to leave.

B) Try new things.

C) Dedicated gaming group, not just to the system/game since some one always gets bored.

D) Awesomeness

If you are interested in joining me in this endeavor please post below.

• Nobilis

Hallowed be thy Name(Something I've been working on)

Fate Core,

Pathfinder

Mutants & Masterminds

Blood & Smoke (New edition of Vampires: The Requiem)

-Games I'm not sure about but would do with enough convincing-

The End is Nigh 2.0 (Exalted 2.5, but I'd honestly wait for Exalted 3 when ever that comes out)

Earthdawn Revised(I'd rather wait for the new edition as well)

-Games by Other players

@Orzhov can run Pathfinder, Warhammer, etc. I'm sure

@Inquisitor Muhaha can be convinced to run some games as well.

Earthdawn as an option, did you say?---The new ed. should be out next month I think. I'll have to check my schedule.

Grey said:
Alexandra and I might be up for this - but would it be via TS or...?
Currently TS, for some games, I'll bring out the nifty virtal table tops I own.

Voice for OOC, but mic is not required since all In character stuff is in the chatroom, also TS has built in dice.

I'd love to have you and Alexandra onboard.

hellrazoromega said:
Earthdawn as an option, did you say?---The new ed. should be out next month I think. I'll have to check my schedule.
While Earthdawn is an option please don't take interest for just one game, it defeats the entire purpose of what we are trying to do :) . We want to have a dedicated group where we can experiment/play anything and overall just have fun.

I'm in on it, as per our discussion. I'll also gladly run some things, all things permitting.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]
While Earthdawn is an option please don't take interest for just one game, it defeats the entire purpose of what we are trying to do :) . We want to have a dedicated group where we can experiment/play anything and overall just have fun.

[/QUOTE]
Oh no, I got that part, but having it as an option is huge, lol. I am open to most of the other systems, though I don't have them all so that may be a hindrance. The only one I really don't care for is Requiem, I tried it a couple of times and could not get into it, so if liking ALL of the primary systems is a requisite then I'll pass for sure. But if there is an option to sit out a bit if the rotation goes through as system you don't like, then I'd be interested. I have played or would be willing to try any of the others I just happen to be one of those "oWoD curmudgeons" that did not care for some of nWoD (except I do live the new Mage and Hunter). That said, if it did end up joining I'd be open to running 7th Sea, it is one of my all time favs and I have not been able to find a game or group that likes it for ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back