Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Ended with plenty of action going on in the final minute of the game alone. Haha. Not to mention some minor stuff I’m aware of earlier on before I got back home. But 9-6 final with the Flames taking game 1! Love it

Tkachuk showed up tonight with a Hat trick. Some nice plays amongst the mess that made it close but glad we showed up and finished it for the first game. Sets a tone.

Ended with plenty of action going on in the final minute of the game alone. Haha. Not to mention some minor stuff I’m aware of earlier on before I got back home. But 9-6 final with the Flames taking game 1! Love it

Tkachuk showed up tonight with a Hat trick. Some nice plays amongst the mess that made it close but glad we showed up and finished it for the first game. Sets a tone.
Big W! Go Flames! Koskinen sucks! lol

Oh yeah definitely! That slip up had me concerned for a bit but Flames W I’ll always take that. Lol. Koskinen got it rough!
I gotta say, I'm not a big Koskinen fan. He's a dirty goalie. Did you see that dirty shove on Mangi that he got penalized for in the 1st period? I did for the few minutes I checked into that game. Less than impressed with him since he has a history of doing things like that. Did the same thing where he aggressively pushed one of our Isles players down to the ice for no reason when we played the Oilers back in January. Makes it even easier to root for Calgary, plus, Marky in net for the Flames.

I gotta say, I'm not a big Koskinen fan. He's a dirty goalie. Did you see that dirty shove on Mangi that he got penalized for in the 1st period? I did for the few minutes I checked into that game. Less than impressed with him since he has a history of doing things like that. Did the same thing where he aggressively pushed one of our Isles players down to the ice for no reason when we played the Oilers back in January. Makes it even easier to root for Calgary, plus, Marky in net for the Flames.
Unfortunately I couldn’t watch til late third period around the 6 minute range maybe a tad more time left then that. When I got back from my bowling league and tuned in. I was only able to check scores on my phone from time to time during league. So, can’t say I saw it personally but cheap move. Never really been impressed with him personally, but I’ll happily take that W and any others we get off him. I saw the unnecessary play by I want to say….. damn already slipped my mind, was it backlund who I’m thinking of… oh, right, Kylington did take a penalty for a move he shouldn’t have done imo, no need for it I’ll admit that as a flames fan. But Kane’s cheap follow up to that on Tkachuk was BS and cheap of him imo, it would have made more sense if he tried that with Kylington though still cheap the way he did it, but least it would have made more sense unless I missed something there between him and Tkachuk. But Saw plenty of fights and scraps, heated moments a few times in the third period. but didn’t see the push on Mangi. Glad he was penalized for it though. That’s just dirty and unnecessary of that dude, a history of it, I can understand that for sure, one of these times I’m sure he will get a answer back. If a player hasn’t already.

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch til late third period around the 6 minute range maybe a tad more time left then that. When I got back from my bowling league and tuned in. I was only able to check scores on my phone from time to time during league. So, can’t say I saw it personally but cheap move. Never really been impressed with him personally, but I’ll happily take that W and any others we get off him. I saw the unnecessary play by I want to say….. damn already slipped my mind, was it backlund who I’m thinking of… oh, right, Kylington did take a penalty for a move he shouldn’t have done imo, no need for it I’ll admit that as a flames fan. But Kane’s cheap follow up to that on Tkachuk was BS and cheap of him imo, it would have made more sense if he tried that with Kylington though still cheap the way he did it, but least it would have made more sense unless I missed something there between him and Tkachuk. But Saw plenty of fights and scraps, heated moments a few times in the third period. but didn’t see the push on Mangi. Glad he was penalized for it though. That’s just dirty and unnecessary of that dude, a history of it, I can understand that for sure, one of these times I’m sure he will get a answer back. If a player hasn’t already.
Tkachuk was impressive last night and holy hell, Lucic with the fucking clean ass hits tonight, amazing physical play from the Flames last night. We love to see it.

But yea, Koskinen seems to have a history of getting pissy when he's down in a game lol, it's not good.

Tkachuk was impressive last night and holy hell, Lucic with the fucking clean ass hits tonight, amazing physical play from the Flames last night. We love to see it.

But yea, Koskinen seems to have a history of getting pissy when he's down in a game lol, it's not good.
Agreed. Tkachuk was impressive and Lucic getting those hits clean was awesome. Definitely a great thing to see last night.

He probably should get better then at tending goal lol.

Damn Cats.... don't let them sweep.
Yeah, these Cats are really disappointing as a whole this postseason. Glad they knocked off the Caps obviously, a bit torn on if they could do it again here, but was hoping they could knock off the Bolts too before getting sunk. But this start being down 2-0 is rough.

Yeah, these Cats are really disappointing as a whole this postseason. Glad they knocked off the Caps obviously, a bit torn on if they could do it again here, but was hoping they could knock off the Bolts too before getting sunk. But this start being down 2-0 is rough.
Yea, should have never went to 7 games. Disappointing and demoralizing for the Cats.

Agreed. If the Cats somehow bounce back then beat the Bolts and make it to the ECF, I can’t see myself buying in and risking a pick on these Cats a third time in the playoffs.
Hell yea that would be awesome. I wanna see a big upset and see the 2x champ knocked out.

Just learned my CBJ rookie is already reaching close to breaking the franchise record for goals by a rookie in a season. Wow. Would have thought it higher for some reason. 20 is the record, my guy is currently at 17. Teams off to a nice stretch to open their first ten games of the season too. CBJ is quietly rocking along towards the main team goals. Laine is a pretty nice line mate to have so far, Domi is ok.

Too bad my franchise mode squad I’m attempting with CBJ couldn’t play this consistently during simulation haha. They ended off the year with a ok, typical CBJ record. Some decent moves during the season and claimed Reaves off waivers from NYR. But still nothing as consistent as I’d have thought. Think I want to fire the annoying coach though haha.

Just learned my CBJ rookie is already reaching close to breaking the franchise record for goals by a rookie in a season. Wow. Would have thought it higher for some reason. 20 is the record, my guy is currently at 17. Teams off to a nice stretch to open their first ten games of the season too. CBJ is quietly rocking along towards the main team goals. Laine is a pretty nice line mate to have so far, Domi is ok.

Too bad my franchise mode squad I’m attempting with CBJ couldn’t play this consistently during simulation haha. They ended off the year with a ok, typical CBJ record. Some decent moves during the season and claimed Reaves off waivers from NYR. But still nothing as consistent as I’d have thought. Think I want to fire the annoying coach though haha.
Oh damn! Nice to see the rookie in CBJ breaking some major franchise records. As a 17 year old too lol. Also lol Domi still on CBJ and not yet traded to the Canes in that universe. Also Laine is pretty good.

Ah franchise mode? I don't dwell or dabble in those affairs, too complicated for me tbh. Reaves is a big acquisition tho, huge physical presence on the ice.

Oh damn! Nice to see the rookie in CBJ breaking some major franchise records. As a 17 year old too lol. Also lol Domi still on CBJ and not yet traded to the Canes in that universe. Also Laine is pretty good.

Ah franchise mode? I don't dwell or dabble in those affairs, too complicated for me tbh. Reaves is a big acquisition tho, huge physical presence on the ice.
Yeah thanks! Haha. The 17 year old is crushing in Columbus. Yeah lol we have Domi least for this season unless traded at the deadline. No connection with him on the ice yet though, Bjorkstrand, Laine and Roslovic has been the main recipients of my assists so far and they’ve hit me nicely in turn. (Especially Laine) enjoy playing with Patric in this virtual BAP. But agreed he is pretty good.

I was debating on franchise mode or not. As a kid that was the main thing for me since BAP came years later. Not sure how I like it now days, the owner and coaches just get annoying and sometimes players too. (Arena budget and upgrades/repairs is a mess. It never auto does it like I had set up in settings and the budget is absolutely useless for all that mess haha) But guess that makes it realistic with the market I chose in that game mode haha. But that’s understandable, it’s not quite as fun as I remember as a kid despite the realistic features added and different changes and etc made to it. But figured I’d try it out for old times sake and see what I could do with CBJ in a front office role.

Reaves I agree, I was kinda surprised he was put on waivers and a decent price on his deal too. Kinda felt like that’s what we needed tbh. Added Burns from San Jose to beef up the top 4 defenseman lines. Brought in Noah Gregor with him, he’s played well when the coach doesn’t change the lines and he actually gets time on the ice. But yeah, anyways figured I’d try it out, not bad but understandable why’d you not dabble. It’s definitely not as fun as I recall growing up. But it’s still ok imo. BAP is definitely the preferred mode by far haha.

Domi so far has been like playing with Gourde without the scoring regularity. But maybe a bit more on the ‘What are you doing?!’ Side of it when he has the puck or is passed the puck. Kinda gets in the way too just like Gourde.

Yeah thanks! Haha. The 17 year old is crushing in Columbus. Yeah lol we have Domi least for this season unless traded at the deadline. No connection with him on the ice yet though, Bjorkstrand, Laine and Roslovic has been the main recipients of my assists so far and they’ve hit me nicely in turn. (Especially Laine) enjoy playing with Patric in this virtual BAP. But agreed he is pretty good.

I was debating on franchise mode or not. As a kid that was the main thing for me since BAP came years later. Not sure how I like it now days, the owner and coaches just get annoying and sometimes players too. (Arena budget and upgrades/repairs is a mess. It never auto does it like I had set up in settings and the budget is absolutely useless for all that mess haha) But guess that makes it realistic with the market I chose in that game mode haha. But that’s understandable, it’s not quite as fun as I remember as a kid despite the realistic features added and different changes and etc made to it. But figured I’d try it out for old times sake and see what I could do with CBJ in a front office role.

Reaves I agree, I was kinda surprised he was put on waivers and a decent price on his deal too. Kinda felt like that’s what we needed tbh. Added Burns from San Jose to beef up the top 4 defenseman lines. Brought in Noah Gregor with him, he’s played well when the coach doesn’t change the lines and he actually gets time on the ice. But yeah, anyways figured I’d try it out, not bad but understandable why’d you not dabble. It’s definitely not as fun as I recall growing up. But it’s still ok imo. BAP is definitely the preferred mode by far haha.
So funny to me that you start of as a 17 year old and can pop off in your rookie year sometimes haha. Ah that sounds pretty good tho, solid few payers to dish the puck to and get some assists off of.

Ah ok, makes sense. When I was a kid, I never played the NHL games, so I'm pretty new to the games. Sounds like fun, but doesn't seem like the whole "GM" thing is for me. But for you, yea, it seems pretty fun, I can understand why you and many others enjoy it.

Yea that was a steal tbh. Good move on your part to acquire that asset.

I agree, BAP is the preferred mode.

Domi so far has been like playing with Gourde without the scoring regularity. But maybe a bit more on the ‘What are you doing?!’ Side of it when he has the puck or is passed the puck. Kinda gets in the way too just like Gourde.
Ah I know the pain haha, totally makes sense. Maybe your GM will trade him at some point.

So funny to me that you start of as a 17 year old and can pop off in your rookie year sometimes haha. Ah that sounds pretty good tho, solid few payers to dish the puck to and get some assists off of.

Ah ok, makes sense. When I was a kid, I never played the NHL games, so I'm pretty new to the games. Sounds like fun, but doesn't seem like the whole "GM" thing is for me. But for you, yea, it seems pretty fun, I can understand why you and many others enjoy it.

Yea that was a steal tbh. Good move on your part to acquire that asset.

I agree, BAP is the preferred mode.

Ah I know the pain haha, totally makes sense. Maybe your GM will trade him at some point.
Yeah a 17 year old becoming a instant phenom potentially is awesome. Haha. Yeah some good options with CBJ.

Ah yeah that makes sense.

Yeah, once in awhile a move like that works out. Lucky for sure.

Yeah haha. I’m hoping so or if they don’t least his contract will expire and maybe I won’t have him on the team in year 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back