Chitchat Chat for hockey fans

Oh wow hahaha…. About 6 years in the league and already going to have a third head coach going into a 7th season. Vegas is crazy. I’m sure with his coaching history Peter Deboer will have another job soon enough just as Gerard Gallant did after they let him go.

Congrats to Lane Lambert though. I had a feeling he would be the successor in New York with the Islanders, a good option there. But agreed, Trotz shouldn’t have been fired in the first place.
Yea exactly.

I think Lane was the best decision we could have made given that now Trotzy is gone.

Also I love the class from Markstrom. In the hand shake line with Otter he said "You're the fucking future," to Otter haha. Real recognizes real, two legends.

Yea exactly.

I think Lane was the best decision we could have made given that now Trotzy is gone.

Also I love the class from Markstrom. In the hand shake line with Otter he said "You're the fucking future," to Otter haha. Real recognizes real, two legends.
Agreed, don’t know of a better option there.

Nice! Haha. I wasn’t aware of that but definitely not surprised with the class act from Marky. But that’s awesome to see and true real recognizes real. Otter was freakin awesome last night! Unbelievable with his play and each game I’ve seen of him this year, definitely the future imo. Personally Gotta agree with Marky.

oh, might be interesting to you or maybe not. But I did learn something curious about the BAP draft process. if you have a backup or older manual file on save to do this with….. After you get your final draft ranking and have a save file from that timeline or around about, after seeing and doing the interviews assuming your not in certain position ranges from the draft, you can interview with those 3 teams and exit out to reload the file previously mentioned and go back through the process and could actually have different teams interviewing you, least two out of three teams could change in my experience of discovering this unintentionally.

Agreed, don’t know of a better option there.

Nice! Haha. I wasn’t aware of that but definitely not surprised with the class act from Marky. But that’s awesome to see and true real recognizes real. Otter was freakin awesome last night! Unbelievable with his play and each game I’ve seen of him this year, definitely the future imo. Personally Gotta agree with Marky.
Hell yea. Major class from Marky. But yea I agree with him, Otter IS the fuckin' future, what an amazing goalie.

oh, might be interesting to you or maybe not. But I did learn something curious about the BAP draft process. if you have a backup or older manual file on save to do this with….. After you get your final draft ranking and have a save file from that timeline or around about, after seeing and doing the interviews assuming your not in certain position ranges from the draft, you can interview with those 3 teams and exit out to reload the file previously mentioned and go back through the process and could actually have different teams interviewing you, least two out of three teams could change in my experience of discovering this unintentionally.
Oh damn, that's pretty interesting tbh. I thought that it was the same three teams that would interview you regardless. That's sick! I could essentially just do that a ton of times until I get the Islanders! lmao

Hell yea. Major class from Marky. But yea I agree with him, Otter IS the fuckin' future, what an amazing goalie.

Oh damn, that's pretty interesting tbh. I thought that it was the same three teams that would interview you regardless. That's sick! I could essentially just do that a ton of times until I get the Islanders! lmao
Definitely! 100% agree

Yeah I thought that was pretty awesome! I figured it was the same three teams as well. I didn’t keep the experiment after all for some details reasons and I might have over done it on the height by just a tad, idk not fully decided if it was height or just my minds frustration with the turnovers for BS reasons that could just be EA related. But got drafted by the kings 8th overall by the end of the file reloads. The possibility of getting drafted by the Isles for you could definitely happen lol. The range I originally tried this on was a ranking of 62 after originally getting placed at 22 but memorial cup final got me ejected first period and I fell down quite a bit. Canadiens, Coyotes, Penguins first round of interviews and second batch was Canadiens, Rangers & I forget the other…. A different team though for those 62nd range draft rankings. Replayed the memorial cup and got boosted to 8th last time out and had Sharks, Kings and Senators. But yeah, long ramble short, a unexpected but kinda awesome results there. Gives a little hope going forward and being stuck with 3 teams you really don’t like as your options haha.

Definitely! 100% agree

Yeah I thought that was pretty awesome! I figured it was the same three teams as well. I didn’t keep the experiment after all for some details reasons and I might have over done it on the height by just a tad, idk not fully decided if it was height or just my minds frustration with the turnovers for BS reasons that could just be EA related. But got drafted by the kings 8th overall by the end of the file reloads. The possibility of getting drafted by the Isles for you could definitely happen lol. The range I originally tried this on was a ranking of 62 after originally getting placed at 22 but memorial cup final got me ejected first period and I fell down quite a bit. Canadiens, Coyotes, Penguins first round of interviews and second batch was Canadiens, Rangers & I forget the other…. A different team though for those 62nd range draft rankings. Replayed the memorial cup and got boosted to 8th last time out and had Sharks, Kings and Senators. But yeah, long ramble short, a unexpected but kinda awesome results there. Gives a little hope going forward and being stuck with 3 teams you really don’t like as your options haha.
Damn that's honestly pretty wild. I might have to try it out for myself some time.

Seems like a cool trick tho.

Oh just remembered the third team….. Toronto was the third team in the second round of interviews.
Ew no not Toronto haha.

Damn that's honestly pretty wild. I might have to try it out for myself some time.

Seems like a cool trick tho.

Ew no not Toronto haha.
Yeah agreed

Yeah lol, I couldn’t go there and Canadiens as the first interview fell just a tad too short compared to the slightly higher Rangers & leafs scores.

Oh damn, been playing Goalie BAP and the Sharks are putting me in goal to start in these playoffs in year 2. Sophomore is going to have a rough go early I’m thinking. Very hot/cold this season while staying over the positive marker stats wise this season. Rask is backing up.

Welp….. It went better then I thought as we swept those Vegas pests in the first round in a 7th seed vs 8th seed matchup. My guy played well all things considered throughout but plenty of moments I wish I could have taken back. We lost 4-1 to Anaheim in the second round/semi-finals. 5-4 overall record in the playoffs with a decent save percentage.

Rask contract was up and either through retirement or moving on somewhere to play on a new team… He’s gone. *Insert* Marc Andre Fleury! Nice little pick up from Vegas haha. Just barely hit 77 overall with my goalie with a few options for abilities now. Progress towards a few others that have popped up are tbd.

Yeah agreed

Yeah lol, I couldn’t go there and Canadiens as the first interview fell just a tad too short compared to the slightly higher Rangers & leafs scores.
Oh nice!

Oh damn, been playing Goalie BAP and the Sharks are putting me in goal to start in these playoffs in year 2. Sophomore is going to have a rough go early I’m thinking. Very hot/cold this season while staying over the positive marker stats wise this season. Rask is backing up.
Ay nice! Insane that Rask is backing you up for the Sharks lol.

Welp….. It went better then I thought as we swept those Vegas pests in the first round in a 7th seed vs 8th seed matchup. My guy played well all things considered throughout but plenty of moments I wish I could have taken back. We lost 4-1 to Anaheim in the second round/semi-finals. 5-4 overall record in the playoffs with a decent save percentage.

Rask contract was up and either through retirement or moving on somewhere to play on a new team… He’s gone. *Insert* Marc Andre Fleury! Nice little pick up from Vegas haha. Just barely hit 77 overall with my goalie with a few options for abilities now. Progress towards a few others that have popped up are tbd.
Ay down with Vegas! Nice! I swept Vegas in the playoffs as a goalie too. Good stuff fr fr.

Ay nice! Sounds good all around tbh. Fleury is solid as always.

Oh nice!

Ay nice! Insane that Rask is backing you up for the Sharks lol.

Ay down with Vegas! Nice! I swept Vegas in the playoffs as a goalie too. Good stuff fr fr.

Ay nice! Sounds good all around tbh. Fleury is solid as always.
Yeah it was crazy lol. His regular season save percentage was slightly lower but not much and overall was the clear choice to start in the playoffs haha. But least we got through Vegas and played well. Gotta take the positives as I go through this tough goalie BAP journey haha.

But also, Nice! Vegas getting swept by our goalie teams is awesome. Their loss is always everyone else’s good times!

True! He definitely is and going from Rask to Fleury is a great pair of vets to learn from in virtual career in net.

Ouch.... booed by my home team town, by Islanders fans, twice playing at UBS Arena.
Ouch. Tough boos there, but will be interesting if they end up offering you a contract when the time comes.

Yeah it was crazy lol. His regular season save percentage was slightly lower but not much and overall was the clear choice to start in the playoffs haha. But least we got through Vegas and played well. Gotta take the positives as I go through this tough goalie BAP journey haha.

But also, Nice! Vegas getting swept by our goalie teams is awesome. Their loss is always everyone else’s good times!

True! He definitely is and going from Rask to Fleury is a great pair of vets to learn from in virtual career in net.

Ouch. Tough boos there, but will be interesting if they end up offering you a contract when the time comes.
Ah I see. Interesting stuff.

Good. As always, boo Vegas!

Yea lol :( But I got thrown out of the game for a dirty hit anyways, so it didn't last too long.

Oh wow lol. Well that’s one way to see the boos end though perhaps not the intended result.
Fr haha. My hometown team and playing in UBS did not go well.

Btw, I reached my 5th year of BAP and won the cup again (that's two straight for Seattle!) and guess who wanted to sign me in free agency- THE RANGERS! So I said hell no and stuck with the Kraken as their captain and re-signed with them for 2 years. I'm stayin' in Seattle for now, going into my 6th year.

Gonna head to bed now, so good night.

Fr haha. My hometown team and playing in UBS did not go well.

Btw, I reached my 5th year of BAP and won the cup again (that's two straight for Seattle!) and guess who wanted to sign me in free agency- THE RANGERS! So I said hell no and stuck with the Kraken as their captain and re-signed with them for 2 years. I'm stayin' in Seattle for now, going into my 6th year.

Gonna head to bed now, so good night.
Nice! Good job wrapping up another Cup with Seattle. Also makes sense haha turned down the Rangers and stayed with the Kraken for another couple of runs. The captain sticking around the expansion built dynasty in Seattle.

Alright, see ya Bro

I don’t why I started thinking about this but got me off into the wonder and thought process. Again, nothing important just BAP talk and thinking over interesting spots to land in NHL 23 or even in 22… Besides the favorite teams of course. Taking consideration into team history, rough ideas of BAP rosters with the draft process route and etc.

I gotta say one team that comes to mind and don’t think has been talked about much, plus I haven’t til til recent experiment play been interviewed by much, til I tried a recreation my Playmaker/RW/LW at the Mats Zuccorello/Andrew Mangipane height and build style last night while small issues arose with some files, nothing lost just unable to load stuff and server kicking me out.

But Columbus might be interesting, fairly young and roster least in BAP seems to have a fair bit of expiring deals after rookie year is over, no real stars or franchise players right now least not in my opinion, some quality guys to build around certainly but no major stars yet (Maybe Laine & Werenski can take that next step over time though) . No history of strong, consistent play that could become a real threat to title contenders and be a regular playoff team. No Cups or president trophies, no division championships to my knowledge though I could be wrong. It’s almost a clean slate and kinda young for a franchise, just needs a star to turn the place and fanbase electric and into a contender. Almost like a eastern conference version of the Coyotes but maybe not as bad. Haha. Not to pick on the Yotes though, just a rough truth they’ve had to endure over the years.

But yeah that’s where my mind has gone during the rough sleep filled night and server kicks on Xbox . Lol. Seeing they have multiple first round picks in this coming draft and two in the top 15, that’s one interesting option imo. The days of Rick Nash are surely missed in Columbus, outside of that one year when they knocked off the defending champs was it? Like in ‘19 or something like that.

Oh guess I could have mentioned Elvis Merzilkins too besides Laine and Werenski. But only so much a goalie can do and usually not the position a team is based around unless you are Vasy, Fleury, etc and can make that kind of difference.

I don’t why I started thinking about this but got me off into the wonder and thought process. Again, nothing important just BAP talk and thinking over interesting spots to land in NHL 23 or even in 22… Besides the favorite teams of course. Taking consideration into team history, rough ideas of BAP rosters with the draft process route and etc.

I gotta say one team that comes to mind and don’t think has been talked about much, plus I haven’t til til recent experiment play been interviewed by much, til I tried a recreation my Playmaker/RW/LW at the Mats Zuccorello/Andrew Mangipane height and build style last night while small issues arose with some files, nothing lost just unable to load stuff and server kicking me out.

But Columbus might be interesting, fairly young and roster least in BAP seems to have a fair bit of expiring deals after rookie year is over, no real stars or franchise players right now least not in my opinion, some quality guys to build around certainly but no major stars yet (Maybe Laine & Werenski can take that next step over time though) . No history of strong, consistent play that could become a real threat to title contenders and be a regular playoff team. No Cups or president trophies, no division championships to my knowledge though I could be wrong. It’s almost a clean slate and kinda young for a franchise, just needs a star to turn the place and fanbase electric and into a contender. Almost like a eastern conference version of the Coyotes but maybe not as bad. Haha. Not to pick on the Yotes though, just a rough truth they’ve had to endure over the years.

But yeah that’s where my mind has gone during the rough sleep filled night and server kicks on Xbox . Lol. Seeing they have multiple first round picks in this coming draft and two in the top 15, that’s one interesting option imo. The days of Rick Nash are surely missed in Columbus, outside of that one year when they knocked off the defending champs was it? Like in ‘19 or something like that.
Mats Zuccorello and Mangi are solid choices, I like that idea for a build. But damn, wtf is wrong with this game and all of these issues with the files? Ugh, that kinda sucks a lot.

Columbus, huh? Given those reasons and their young roster, maybe a few years with the franchise and you can get some things done. They don't have too many fans so maybe they'd have more if they started doing well haha. But yea they're kinda disappointing- like an Eastern Conference Coyotoes.

Oh nice. Yea they probably have a top 16 draft pick in the first round in NHL 22, just as I think they ddid in real life. And yes, Columbus has fallen far from glory and the Rick Nash days. But 2019 and beating the President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning was an amazing feat for them. That was interesting as hell. I think it was either 2019, or 2020 they beat Tampa.

Nice! Good job wrapping up another Cup with Seattle. Also makes sense haha turned down the Rangers and stayed with the Kraken for another couple of runs. The captain sticking around the expansion built dynasty in Seattle.

Alright, see ya Bro
Hell yes, it was nice to win two straight Stanley Cups and President's Trophies. The Seattle Kraken Dynasty starts now! We are dominant! And here's the great thing- the GM didn't break up that Stanley Cup winning first line into my 6th year with Seattle, so that's nice that I still get to play with people like Tyler Tofolli and Elias Lindholm.

We didn't seem to make too many big moves in the off season, except for trading away Vezina winning Matt Murray. Our starting goalie is now a fake EA created player (who is amazing for only being in his second year, he was great for us as our back up in his rookie year). Casey DeSmith backs him up.

Mats Zuccorello and Mangi are solid choices, I like that idea for a build. But damn, wtf is wrong with this game and all of these issues with the files? Ugh, that kinda sucks a lot.

Columbus, huh? Given those reasons and their young roster, maybe a few years with the franchise and you can get some things done. They don't have too many fans so maybe they'd have more if they started doing well haha. But yea they're kinda disappointing- like an Eastern Conference Coyotoes.

Oh nice. Yea they probably have a top 16 draft pick in the first round in NHL 22, just as I think they ddid in real life. And yes, Columbus has fallen far from glory and the Rick Nash days. But 2019 and beating the President's Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning was an amazing feat for them. That was interesting as hell. I think it was either 2019, or 2020 they beat Tampa.
Appreciate it. Yeah, I’m a fan of their games and pretty solid players in their own right. Though admitting bias on my part given their teams and meaning to those squads. they are about in the height range of 5’10 maybe slightly less with Mats. So figured that’s the build I’d try out while trying the shorter height. Took the 8 from Mangi’s 88 and 6 from Mats 36 jersey to decide my guys number… 86. Gave him a unique look right out of the 70’s, while still paying small tribute to the original BAP winger.

Yeah bro, I don’t have a clue at all. I’m glad nothing was lost this time around. but my luck with files and Xbox games especially this one since picking it up on sale, has been a mess. Feels like my 2k21 luck revisited but maybe not as bad, in fact definitely not as cause money was lost there. But yeah, idk, it sucks for sure.

Minor note, two teams I got the same exact interview score with Flames/Senators. I could have maxed out to go flames but played it normal this time. Blue Jackets took the slightly higher score which kinda furthered this whole thought journey and history dive for them. But yeah true haha, you don’t really hear much from that fanbase and it’s seeming fairly small at that, could definitely use a franchise guy to fire the place up a bit and get the arena rocking. Agreed though.

Yeah, though I’m not sure where since nhl 22 BAP draft was kinda odd for me with Columbus and where they took me. Somehow they used the forfeited 11th pick from Arizona (unless I’m forgetting some details there in rl) but they had the twelfth pick in 22 if I recall correctly. Kinda like this year with the coming draft and one of their first round picks. Yeah sad to see, I remember actually following those Blue Jackets teams in rl since they played on nbc/USA once in awhile and using them in older nhl games with attempts to build around Rick Nash. Definitely a rough fall off. But agreed! A great feat for that team to knock off the president trophy winners. Loved to see it happen haha.

Hell yes, it was nice to win two straight Stanley Cups and President's Trophies. The Seattle Kraken Dynasty starts now! We are dominant! And here's the great thing- the GM didn't break up that Stanley Cup winning first line into my 6th year with Seattle, so that's nice that I still get to play with people like Tyler Tofolli and Elias Lindholm.

We didn't seem to make too many big moves in the off season, except for trading away Vezina winning Matt Murray. Our starting goalie is now a fake EA created player (who is amazing for only being in his second year, he was great for us as our back up in his rookie year). Casey DeSmith backs him up.
That’s awesome! Seattle has a dynasty already in the NHL. Gotta love it and even more so with the GM playing it smart and not breaking up the star trio that brought it home. Would be awesome to play with a beast like Toffoli and if I recall he was a great Co-star for you to run with on the kraken. Lindholm would be awesome too imo, not sure what stage of his career he would be at now for you in year 5 & now 6, if he’s still in his prime with his production or slipping a bit. But a sweet first line imo for the Kraken.

Wow lol. Am I remembering this wrong or does your Kraken GM have a habit of trading away or letting go the teams award winning goalies after cup runs/playoff runs? Haha. Nice that the second year goalie has been strong for you though. Casey Desmith, a familiar name for sure in both rl and BAP, a nice back up possibly for you guys. I’m guessing he is atleast ok and consistent enough with his play in your verse. Though I could be wrong there, he seemed fine enough with my BAP exp with him.

Appreciate it. Yeah, I’m a fan of their games and pretty solid players in their own right. Though admitting bias on my part given their teams and meaning to those squads. they are about in the height range of 5’10 maybe slightly less with Mats. So figured that’s the build I’d try out while trying the shorter height. Took the 8 from Mangi’s 88 and 6 from Mats 36 jersey to decide my guys number… 86. Gave him a unique look right out of the 70’s, while still paying small tribute to the original BAP winger.

Yeah bro, I don’t have a clue at all. I’m glad nothing was lost this time around. but my luck with files and Xbox games especially this one since picking it up on sale, has been a mess. Feels like my 2k21 luck revisited but maybe not as bad, in fact definitely not as cause money was lost there. But yeah, idk, it sucks for sure.

Minor note, two teams I got the same exact interview score with Flames/Senators. I could have maxed out to go flames but played it normal this time. Blue Jackets took the slightly higher score which kinda furthered this whole thought journey and history dive for them. But yeah true haha, you don’t really hear much from that fanbase and it’s seeming fairly small at that, could definitely use a franchise guy to fire the place up a bit and get the arena rocking. Agreed though.

Yeah, though I’m not sure where since nhl 22 BAP draft was kinda odd for me with Columbus and where they took me. Somehow they used the forfeited 11th pick from Arizona (unless I’m forgetting some details there in rl) but they had the twelfth pick in 22 if I recall correctly. Kinda like this year with the coming draft and one of their first round picks. Yeah sad to see, I remember actually following those Blue Jackets teams in rl since they played on nbc/USA once in awhile and using them in older nhl games with attempts to build around Rick Nash. Definitely a rough fall off. But agreed! A great feat for that team to knock off the president trophy winners. Loved to see it happen haha.

That’s awesome! Seattle has a dynasty already in the NHL. Gotta love it and even more so with the GM playing it smart and not breaking up the star trio that brought it home. Would be awesome to play with a beast like Toffoli and if I recall he was a great Co-star for you to run with on the kraken. Lindholm would be awesome too imo, not sure what stage of his career he would be at now for you in year 5 & now 6, if he’s still in his prime with his production or slipping a bit. But a sweet first line imo for the Kraken.

Wow lol. Am I remembering this wrong or does your Kraken GM have a habit of trading away or letting go the teams award winning goalies after cup runs/playoff runs? Haha. Nice that the second year goalie has been strong for you though. Casey Desmith, a familiar name for sure in both rl and BAP, a nice back up possibly for you guys. I’m guessing he is atleast ok and consistent enough with his play in your verse. Though I could be wrong there, he seemed fine enough with my BAP exp with him.
Nah no bias, they're two great players imo. Lol I dig the 70's look tho.

Oh nice! Three solid teams.

Interesting. 11th overall with Columbus. I don't know what pick they usually have tbh.

Yea, big W from the Seattle GM.

Yes he does have a habit of doing that lmaoooo, but then he brings in some good talent, so this fake person that we have as our goalie rn is really damn good. It's still early in the season but I don't think DeSmith has played a game yet this season for us.

Nah no bias, they're two great players imo. Lol I dig the 70's look tho.

Oh nice! Three solid teams.

Interesting. 11th overall with Columbus. I don't know what pick they usually have tbh.

Yea, big W from the Seattle GM.

Yes he does have a habit of doing that lmaoooo, but then he brings in some good talent, so this fake person that we have as our goalie rn is really damn good. It's still early in the season but I don't think DeSmith has played a game yet this season for us.
Yeah I’d agree for sure. I love their games and what they bring each night. Also really like the connection Mats & Kirillo seem to have. Yeah lol, I gotta keep it fun with these BAPS and appearances even if it’s just small stuff like that.

Definitely!

Pretty sure it was 12 but yeah, I don’t remember either. I just recall 11 since it was a unique situation in rl with that pick.

Yeah gotta give him credit for his eye for talent and building rosters. Especially following up those Goalie moves with his timing haha. Big credit there. Nice! The kid is bringing Otter form early. Oh I see, makes sense then, least a decent vet for the kid to have backing him.

Yeah I’d agree for sure. I love their games and what they bring each night. Also really like the connection Mats & Kirillo seem to have. Yeah lol, I gotta keep it fun with these BAPS and appearances even if it’s just small stuff like that.

Definitely!

Pretty sure it was 12 but yeah, I don’t remember either. I just recall 11 since it was a unique situation in rl with that pick.

Yeah gotta give him credit for his eye for talent and building rosters. Especially following up those Goalie moves with his timing haha. Big credit there. Nice! The kid is bringing Otter form early. Oh I see, makes sense then, least a decent vet for the kid to have backing him.
Exactly haha, love that you're having fun with it lol. Good to customize and go all wacky looking sometimes.

Ah, 11, 12, doesn't matter the exact number- just somewhere around that range.

Oh yea, definitely appreciate this virtual Seattle GM lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back