• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Chasing Storms: Purchase & Submission Thread

Purchase & Submissions
This thread will contain any transaction that requires Growth Tokens, as well as submissions for character abilities, unique weapons, player-made lore (creatures, history, setting, etc.). These however, will require the GM's approval. Please tag Reinhardt Reinhardt in order for one's post to be acknowledged.

Anything not related to the thread's topic will be removed.

Templates

• Reinhardt Reinhardt I will purchase the following for ___ Growth Tokens:

Ability/Spell - Growth Token Amount
    Single Stat Increase - Growth Token Amount
    And so on and so forth - Growth Token Amount

Last edited:
  • Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making an ability for my character, Stastu Bena Blackfoot.
Ability Name: Steel Trap
Action Gauge Cost: 1
Ability Description: Deals 6 damage. Physical type ability.
Bena's axes swing in from opposite directions to trap an enemy between them. The ability may be dodged by jumping backwards, but movement towards left or right would be obstructed.

Ability Name: Steel Cleaver
Ability Description: Deals 7 damage. Physical type ability.
Bena throws one of her axes to cleave the enemy's head in half. Any barriers in the way of the attack may stop it. The attack also may be aimed at body parts aside from the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making an ability for mt character, Yvinti Mordryen

Ability Name: Return Strike
Action Gauge Cost: 2
Ability Description: Deals lhysical damage to a single target equal to the Bravery stat, and again on the start of Yvinti's next post.
Yvinti throws his Returning Dagger to a target, striking it once and another time before coming back to him.

Source: Returning Dagger*

Last edited:
Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making an ability for mt character, Yvinti Mordryen

Ability Name: Return Strike
Action Gauge Cost: 2
Ability Description: Deals 6 physical damage to a single target, and again on the start of Yvinti's next post.
Yvinti throws his Returning Dagger to a target, striking it once and another time before coming back to him.

Source: Returning Dagger*

Reinhardt Reinhardt

Approved.

Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making a spell for my character, Eris Merridoc Xu.

Spell name: Ice Strike

Action gauge cost: 1-2

Spell description: Eris can summon up to 4 large icicles spears and hurl them at one or several enemies. Depending on how many she summons (The amount of icicles generated will be determined by a d4 roll) Each one will deal 3 magic damage. The spell is the element of ice that can be spread out or concentrated, it is a ranged attack and is mostly conjured through Intra mana.

Spell name: Lightning

Action gauge cost: 1

Spell description: Eris can summon sparks of lightning, electrocuting one or more enemies. It deals 5 magic damage when concentrated but 3 if widespread. Deals only 1 damage, either both widespread or concentrated, if someone is wearing equipment that can prevent a large amount of electric conduction. The spell is the element of electric that can be spread out or concentrated, it is a low to mid-ranged attack and is mostly casted through Extra mana.

Spell name: Aerora

Action gauge cost: 5

Spell description: Eris can summon a crushing gravitational vortex around enemies that starts off as a ravaging mini-cyclone but slowly loses momentum and power depending on the caster's mana pool and status. It deals (Faithx2) magic damage when caught in the center or (Faith) damage when caught in its spirals. It is a stationary, area of effect spell that can pull in both friend and foe (depending on weight/strength and longevity/velocity) and causes consisting damage of (Faith/2) when trapped inside. Can be dispersed remotely and once it is cancelled or disperses on its own from the field, she cannot use for it for 24 hours and is in a state of "magic exhaust" where she is unable to attack and is vulnerable to attacks, depending on how long or how much mana she used, forcing her to take cover and recover her mana and energy. If she is attacked while the spell is out, it will disperse faster or instantly depending on how much damage she took. The spell is the element of wind that uses a combination of Intra and Extra mana to extend its longevity and velocity but requires some concentration to keep it stable and cannot be relocated once placed down. The maximum number of turns it can last up to, depending on the caster's mana pool, is 6 turns.

Last edited:
Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making two abilities/spells for my character, Astoph Dolor Sollertia.

Spell Name: Frost Shock
Ability Description: A sudden blast of frost is released from Astoph's hand or weapon strike, formed of Mana Extra. Deals (Bravery/2) + (Faith/2) Magical or Physical damage to a single target, and immensely slows the target, causing them to lose one Action Gauge on their next turn (chances of successful slow depend on target resistances). Can be intercepted if another target is close enough.

Ability Name: Arcane Slash
Ability Description: Focusing his Mana Intra into his weapon, it glows a heavy purple with arcane energies as he separates Physical and Magical potentials in the strike. Deals Physical damage equal to Bravery, and Magical damage equal to Faith to a single nearby target. Alternatively Astoph can form a larger swing, hitting two targets within a slightly larger area for Bravery/2 Physical damage, and Faith/2 Magical damage. This ability can only be used once every two turns due to it's taxation on his Mana Intra, more uses can cause loss of consciousness.

Spell name: Ice Strike

Action gauge cost: 1-2

Spell description: Eris can summon large icicles spears and hurl them at one or several enemies. Depending on how many she summons, from 1-2 icicles costing 1 gauge or 3-4 icicles costing 2 gauge, it can deal between 2-4 magic damage. The spell is the element of ice that can be spread out or concentrated, it is a ranged attack and is mostly conjured through Intra mana.

Make the damage of each icicle 3 magic damage. So that means you can essentially deal 12 damage, or 3.
The amount of icicles generated will be determined by a (d4) roll.

Spell name: Lightning

Action gauge cost: 1

Spell description: Eris can summon sparks of lightning, electrocuting one or more enemies. It deals 3 magic damage when concentrated but 2 if widespread. Deals only 1 damage, either both widespread or concentrated, if someone is wearing equipment that can prevent a large amount of electric conduction. The spell is the element of electric that can be spread out or concentrated, it is a low to mid-ranged attack and is mostly casted through Extra mana.

The concentrated damage is too low. At least keep it on par with your character's stats.

Spell name: Aerora

Action gauge cost: 5

Spell description: Eris can summon a crushing gravitational vortex around enemies that starts off as a ravaging mini-cyclone but slowly loses momentum and power depending on the caster's mana pool and status. It deals 5 damage when caught in the center or 3 damage when caught in its spirals. It is a stationary, area of effect spell that can pull in both friend and foe (depending on weight/strength and longevity/velocity) and causes consisting damage of 2 when trapped inside. Can be dispersed remotely and once it is cancelled or disperses on its own from the field, she cannot use for it for 24 hours and is in a state of "magic exhaust" where she is unable to attack and is vulnerable to attacks, depending on how long or how much mana she used, forcing her to take cover and recover her mana and energy. If she is attacked while the spell is out, it will disperse faster or instantly depending on how much damage she took. The spell is the element of wind that uses a combination of Intra and Extra mana to extend its longevity and velocity but requires some concentration to keep it stable and cannot be relocated once placed down. The maximum number of turns it can last up to, depending on the caster's mana pool, is 6 turns.

You won't be able to cast this since you lack the necessary action gauge. Are you fine with that?
And again, as I said above, make it at least on par with your stats. Since this is essentially a stronger level spell, it should deal higher damage.

Spell Name: Frost Shock
Ability Description: A sudden blast of frost is released from Astoph's hand or weapon strike, formed of Mana Extra. Deals (Bravery/2) + (Faith/2) Magical or Physical damage to a single target, and immensely slows the target, causing them to lose one Action Gauge on their next turn (chances of successful slow depend on target resistances). Can be intercepted if another target is close enough.

Approved.

Ability Name: Arcane Slash
Ability Description: Focusing his Mana Intra into his weapon, it glows a heavy purple with arcane energies as he separates Physical and Magical potentials in the strike. Deals Physical damage equal to Bravery, and Magical damage equal to Faith to a single nearby target. Alternatively Astoph can form a larger swing, hitting two targets within a slightly larger area for Bravery/2 Physical damage, and Faith/2 Magical damage. This ability can only be used once every two turns due to it's taxation on his Mana Intra, more uses can cause loss of consciousness.

Approved.

Make the damage of each icicle 3 magic damage. So that means you can essentially deal 12 damage, or 3.
The amount of icicles generated will be determined by a (d4) roll.

The concentrated damage is too low. At least keep it on par with your character's stats.

You won't be able to cast this since you lack the necessary action gauge. Are you fine with that?
And again, as I said above, make it at least on par with your stats. Since this is essentially a stronger level spell, it should deal higher damage.

I've changed the first two based on your suggestion and revised a little for the third spell. I made the third spell as a goal to reach for my character since it would be a somewhat powerful spell to have early in the game.

I've changed the first two based on your suggestion and revised a little for the third spell. I made the third spell as a goal to reach for my character since it would be a somewhat powerful spell to have early in the game.

Approved. I'll update the System CS later.

Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making two abilities for my character, Mythril Vaas Aorgard.

Ability Name: Infusion
Action Gauge Cost: 1 or 2
Ability Description: Infuses target machine with mana to manipulate its movements. Costs 1 action gauge. However, if used to infuse a spell into the target machine, 2 action gauges will be used up. Requires caster to be touching the machine.

Roll two d8 every 4 rounds if controlling 2 machines. If either roll is a 1, a machine haywires. If both rolls are 1s, both machines haywire.
Roll two d6 every 4 rounds if controlling 3 machines. If either roll is a 1 or 2, a machine haywires. If both rolls are 1s or 2s, all three machines haywire.

Mana is sent streaming into the body of a targeted machine. By manipulating the flow of mana inside the machine, the user gains the ability to manipulate the movements of said target. If infusing a spell, the caster gains the benefit of a normal infusion, with the added bonus of the targeted machine gaining properties of the spell infused (a spider now can heal through its bite if infused with a healing spell, for example).

Ability Name: Healing
Ability Description: Heals for (2 x faith).
Mana is concentrated onto a wound and accelerates the healing process, causing the injury to heal itself in what would have taken weeks or months.

Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making two abilities for my character, Mythril Vaas Aorgard.

Ability Name: Infusion
Action Gauge Cost: 1 or 2
Ability Description: Infuses target machine with mana to manipulate its movements. Costs 1 action gauge. However, if used to infuse a spell into the target machine, 2 action gauges will be used up. Requires caster to be touching the machine.

Roll two d8 every 4 rounds if controlling 2 machines. If either roll is a 1, a machine haywires. If both rolls are 1s, both machines haywire.
Roll two d6 every 4 rounds if controlling 3 machines. If either roll is a 1 or 2, a machine haywires. If both rolls are 1s or 2s, all three machines haywire.

Mana is sent streaming into the body of a targeted machine. By manipulating the flow of mana inside the machine, the user gains the ability to manipulate the movements of said target. If infusing a spell, the caster gains the benefit of a normal infusion, with the added bonus of the targeted machine gaining properties of the spell infused (a spider now can heal through its bite if infused with a healing spell, for example).

Ability Name: Healing
Ability Description: Heals for (2 x faith).
Mana is concentrated onto a wound and accelerates the healing process, causing the injury to heal itself in what would have taken weeks or months.

Approved. Will update the System CS later.

Reinhardt Reinhardt , I'd like to make two summons.

Summon Name: Mecha Spider

Health: 20
Stat: 7 Faith
Ability Name: Venomous Fangs
Ability Description: Deals (faith/2) damage, with a lingering poison damage of (1 + d4) for (d4) rounds.
Through mana, the caster triggers a mechanism inside the spider's mouth just as it bites, releasing venom into the target's body. The force of the bite differs in the caster's control of their mana. When attacking a defending character, if their physical exceeds Mythril's faith, they are not poisoned.

Summon Name: Mecha Bird

Health: 20
Stat: 5 Bravery
Ability Name: Pierce
Ability Description: Deals (d6) damage. If the target is capable of bleeding and a 5 or 6 is rolled:
if 5, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts (Bravery - target's bravery [min. of 1 damage]) for (d8) rounds.
if 6, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts (Bravery) for (d6) rounds.
The bird swoops down from the skies towards the targets with talons crafted to be sharp enough to pierce.

When attacking a defending character, if their physical exceeds Mythril's faith, they are not poisoned.

Do you mean the target's Bravery?

Deals (d6) damage. If the target is capable of bleeding and a 5 or 6 is rolled:
if 5, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts (Bravery - target's bravery [min. of 1 damage]) for (d8) rounds.
if 6, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts (Bravery) for (d6) rounds.
The bird swoops down from the skies towards the targets with talons crafted to be sharp enough to pierce.

The bleeding will tick per turn, regardless of whose. Each tick will deal the drafted damage.

Do you mean the target's Bravery?

The bleeding will tick per turn, regardless of whose. Each tick will deal the drafted damage.

Whoops! Yep, meant bravery.

"Deals (d6) damage. If the target is capable of bleeding and a 5 or 6 is rolled:
if 5, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts 3 damage for (d4) rounds.
if 6, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts 4 damage for (d4) rounds.
The bird swoops down from the skies towards the targets with talons crafted to be sharp enough to pierce."

And I've changed it!

Whoops! Yep, meant bravery.

"Deals (d6) damage. If the target is capable of bleeding and a 5 or 6 is rolled:
if 5, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts 3 damage for (d4) rounds.
if 6, the target suffers from bleeding that inflicts 4 damage for (d4) rounds.
The bird swoops down from the skies towards the targets with talons crafted to be sharp enough to pierce."

And I've changed it!

Alright. Both are approved, I'll edit them in the System CS later.

Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making spells for my character, Xahnirakku Berung Kah-Sirah.
Spell Name: Divine Shield
Spell Description: A bubble of golden light surrrounds a friendly target of Xahn's choosing, which shatters when damage is dealt to it. Defends target of Xahn's choosing from the next attack against them, for damage up to equal to Xahn's (faith). It is conjured through Extra Mana.

Spell Name: Radiant Light
Spell Description:
A ray of warm, golden light descends from the heavens, bathing in it an ally of Xahn's choosing. Heals for (d6+ Xhan's faith). Conjured through Intra mana.

Last edited:
Reinhardt Reinhardt I will be making spells for my character, Xahnirakku Berung Kah-Sirah.
Spell Name: Divine Shield
Spell Description: A bubble of golden light surrrounds a friendly target of Xahn's choosing, which shatters when damage is dealt to it. Defends target of Xahn's choosing from the next attack against them, for damage up to equal to Xahn's faith. It is conjured through Extra Mana.

Spell Name: Radiant Light
Spell Description:
A ray of warm, golden light descends from the heavens, bathing in it an ally of Xahn's choosing. Heals for d6+ Xhan's faith. Conjured through Intra mana.

Please put parenthesis over the values. Other than that, approved.

E.g. Xahn's (Faith) or Xahn's (Faith/2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back