• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Chasing Rabbits

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I was with a friend of mine going to a comicon
Stella's eyes lit up when Atrix said he was going to the comicon.

"Oh, you were going to the convention too?? We are convention buddy then! I was going there to play some children's card game but then things happen. Yay, fate."

The Grand Fool The Grand Fool
Could prolly eat the dog if needin be.
"Hey, hey. No one's eating Cerberus. He's a survivor too. Come here, Cerby. I have food." Stella called over the dog an opened a sack of potato chips from her bag.

D. Rex D. Rex

R.jpg

Atrix Madtax

HP = 6
AV = 10
Cool, I guess. Although, I really wonder where this place is. I haven't seen trees like this before.
He looked over at the dog and wondered why in the world the dog was being nice to them.

CTy21vu.png
Name: Shauna "Hush" PerkinsThoughts: Oh dear...
Race: HarengonAge: 23
Motivation: Survival?Equipment: ConventionTM suitcase, airpods, sunglasses, fox hoodie... wait, what??

Albeit, if it weren't for her current condition, being circled by a large dog ... well, no, the intent behind the canine's eyes had her nervous all the same. Was it... assessing her? Why would it need to do that? Shauna tried not to meet the dog's gaze but watched it as it watched her. Hopefully, if she just- stepped a bit back- maybe it would... back off? Stepping away means you want no intention of confrontation or interaction, right? The sweet, small bun looked over and watched the others come towards the fire and interact. She piped up after a bit, hoping that she might get some... help with her situation.

"I-I was also on my way to the convention! I'm--" she paused, wondering if she should give her name or her moniker instead. If this was a dream or somewhere new, why not go by a name that means more to you than your real name? Her ears perked up with an ounce of confidence, "I'm... Hush!" Her little fluffy face tried to provide a smile to those near her... and the dog.

"And, uh, ... does anyone know why the dog is doing this?" Hush looked towards her favorite giant person, hoping he would save her once more, with her big, hopeful yet distressed brown eyes.

b80dc2ba045538ff24236fbd0010b7d8.jpg
Name: Biorr StrondTemperament/Thoughts: Jeg kender mere end et par opskrifter, hvis du gør det, hund.
Race: GoliathAge: 37 AC: 11 HP: 9
Motivation: PREVENTATIVE MEASURES...Equipment: Standard Issue Duffle Bag; 3 sets of clothing. Prosthetic cleaning kit. Dog Tags. Danish snacks. Battered helm and hood attachment. Water Bottle....Someone did something to his armor. Improvised Shields

Scientists speculate that humans are capable of a phenomenon referred to as 'Gaze Detection'. The premise being if someone stares at another long enough they can eventually feel that presence. And at about this point Biorr felt such a presence burning a hole in the back of his head. He gave a tired sigh before turning around to see what was the-
Oh.
The small one.

He stared back at her for a moment before the problem became obvious with the larger dog seemingly sizing her up. It was a miracle it hadn't made a lunge yet.

Without a word, Biorr walked calmly, yet unintentionally menacingly directly toward the dog.

His eyes seemed to lack any sort of empathy that the small rabbit had seen before. While not so much a promise, but a silent threat to this poor dog if it were to attack the rabbit.

And we're back! Sorry everyone - summer classes kicked my ass. Are kicking my ass. Present tense. So we're not stuck in an introduction scene for forever and a half, I'm electing to do a touch of railroading.

That dog - Cerebus, as Stella named him - gleefully chased down his new fun prey-friends. Rabbits and cats, oh my! He barked and frolicked, circling around the victims in the group, playfully snapping at them.

He almost got Shauna and Samantha a few times, too! But, he calmed down when Stella waved food in front of him. Or maybe it was when the freakishly large man death-glared him. Yikes.

Potato chips, she called them? He knew what potatoes were. And these... chips. They smelled delicious.

He could not resist.

"Is this... sea salt?" Cerberus asked in a gravely voice, his tail wagging.

CTy21vu.png
Name: Shauna "Hush" PerkinsThoughts: WAIT-... YOU ...WHAT?
Race: HarengonAge: 23
Motivation: Achievement.Equipment: ConventionTM suitcase, airpods, sunglasses, fox hoodie... wait, what??

Hush's little heart fluttered as fast as she could run. The dog was playful, for sure, but this bunny was already in a state of shock. Once she got a moment to catch her breath, she leaned over and panted. Thank goodness this dog liked real food-- Her heart almost skipped a beat, however, when she heard the dog speak.

"Y-YOU CAN TALK?!" she stuttered, growing upset at the possibility that this was another passenger instead of a random dog.

b80dc2ba045538ff24236fbd0010b7d8.jpg
Name: Biorr StrondTemperament/Thoughts: Jeg kender mere end et par opskrifter, hvis du gør det, hund.
Race: GoliathAge: 37 AC: 11 HP: 9
Motivation: PREVENTATIVE MEASURES...Equipment: Standard Issue Duffle Bag; 3 sets of clothing. Prosthetic cleaning kit. Dog Tags. Danish snacks. Battered helm and hood attachment. Water Bottle....Someone did something to his armor. Improvised Shields

Biorr stared down at the dog as it spoke, a twitch at his eye as an immediate fight-or-flight response flared up. Upon hearing the small rabbit speak out, he moved one of his improvised shields between her and the dog as he seemingly stared directly into the hound's soul. They could be a passenger like the rest of them, but all the others who turned into animals remained upright. And well, MOST of them retained their decency to clothing. Perhaps it was local to wherever they were....But that didn't answer the underlying question.

Were they a threat?

He remained where he was, protecting Hush in his way as he prepared for whatever eventually may come.

"Er du min fjende?"

1660269352683.png
Name: Atrix MaddoxThoughts:Why, just why?
Race: Were-Honey BadgerAge: 14
Motivation: ExplorationEquipment: North Face TM backpack with comics and notebooks and a small flask of... something. Also a bottle of honey.
HP: 6AV: 10

Atrix sat down on a log, eyeing the Tiefling guzzling down the drinks, the giant, and the bunny. Somehow he wasn't surprised that the dog started to talk. All he really wanted to do was sleep. What ever happened had happened and now he needed a nap to wrap his head around it.

"I don't know about you guys," he yawned. "But I need to sleep. But we should probably take watches, and I'm sure the Tiefling should be counted out with the amount of drink she has consumed, unless she is resistant to the affects."

Last edited:
Leandra.jpg
Name: Samantha SorrenNickname: Sam, Shadow
Race: TabaxiAge: 21
Motivation: AcquisitionEquipment: Large military backpack, five sets of clothes, toiletries, pillow, stuffed animal lion, cell phone and charger, laptop and charger, Nintendo Switch and charger, assorted snacks and refillable water bottle, wireless headphones, thermos, two fiction novels, small first aid kit, medications for a week, and daily affirmation calendar

Sam's left ear twitched when Lizzy spoke to her and the other person interacting with the dog. She had a point, but it was also a tad too late to back out of this.
At the very least, this would be more entertaining than complaining about the sudden lack of modern technology. She had purposefully turned her phone off while on the plane to avoid contact with her family and did not really feel keen on reaching out to them now. Therefore, she simply pretended she did not have a phone and maintained her focus on the dog.

Sam was still holding onto the vain hope that she would be able to sleep everything off, though this hope was rapidly dwindling.

Sam sighed and was getting ready to just sit down on her own haunches, but then the dog was barking and running at her. Surprised by the sudden movements, Sam leapt a few feet in the air with her arms and legs stiff underneath her. She then landed and began bounding around the group, mindfully keeping her distance from the dog. She observed that his intentions did not seem malicious and so she resisted the urge to hiss and even swat him with one of her own paws, er, hands...with claws.

Once the dog was distracted by the offering of food, Sam simply found the comfiest patch of dirt near the group and promptly curled up on her side. Socializing was exhausting and she did not even know these people.
Except, right as she started to yawn, the dog spoke. Alarmed, Sam's head shot up as well as her ears while her jaw went slack. One would think that after she became mostly cat herself that this would not be such a surprise, but it had been a long day.

Still, the badger made a solid point. Sam could barely keep her eyes open at this point.
Uncertain if anyone would even notice her, Sam merely nodded at the badger before plopping back down and snoozing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back