• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Chase Crosby

9F4580A5-CD4D-4208-8BD4-F36480A92182.gif

The little soon-to-be second year Gryffindor quickly made his way through the big crowd. The 12 year old bobbed and weaved all over the place, squeezing through a lot of people. But he had one goal in mind- somehow finding Grace. He didn’t seem to realize that it would probably be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack there were so many people. But one thing was for certain. If you looked from a bird’s eye perspective, you could see a young brunette haired boy in Gryffindor robes slithering through the crowd of people.

Eventually, people started filing in onto the train as it was about to leave soon. Still, Crosby was continuing his search for Grace. He just couldn’t wait to see her, greet her, and show her his pictures he had taken. He wondered if she remembered to take some for him. Chase soon began to realize that the crowd was thinning. Most of the kids had seemed to make their way onto the train. All that remained was the mass of adult parents or much older siblings.

Chase frowned as he continued running, looking for Grace but not finding her, dragging his luggage behind. And then it hit him- perhaps she was on the train? Was she sitting in there already with her group of Slytherin friends? No doubt with her famous pure blood last name and good looks she’d be popular within her house. Chase frowned as he slowed down a bit, realizing his search efforts might have been for nothing and he’d have to ride the train to Hogwarts alone.

Suddenly, Chase heard a voice call out to him. He stopped dead in his tracks and his head perked up as his eyes widened. Could it be? Yes… it was! It was Grace Walsh! The young Gryffindor boy quickly turned his head in the direction of the voice. His eyebrows raised high as he saw it was indeed the pretty red-headed Slytherin girl.
“Grace!” he quickly blurted out, and adorably large smile coming across his face. But it seemed he’d failed to heed her warning that the train might be leaving and he could very well miss it.

Suddenly, he heard a loud train horn as the steam engine began to hiss, slowly kicking itself into motion. All around him, parents and older siblings and friends waved goodbye to their children on the train from the platform. Chase’s heart leapt- the train was beginning to move!
“Oh no!” cried Crosby was he quickly dragged along his luggage and sprinted towards the ever-so-slightly inching forward train. He saw Grace in the train waiting there with an outstretched hand, ready to grab him.

Using that speedy small build of his, Chase quickly jumped and managed to grab Grace’s hand, the train slowly but surely moving. Phew, he was just in time. Thanks for Grace, he had made it and didn’t miss the train as she pulled him in. The boy panted heavily, relieved to finally be on the train and to not have missed it.
“Oh Grace,” said Chase, slowly catching his breath, “Thank you,” said the boy, panting a bit. “Bloody hell…” he whispered to himself. Soon, the train began to pick up speed and leave King’s Cross Station. Luckily, Chase had made it, and Grace had pulled him onto the train. It seemed almost like something out of a movie.

Grace Walsh
"It's no problem. I'm just glad you're here." She said happily and slightly out of breath from the adrenaline. She gave him a tight and long hug, glad to finally see him again. She was glad he made it on the train and not left on the platform. How would he get to Hogwarts if he missed the train? How would she ever see him again if he missed the train? Those were questions she didn't want answered, let alone spend any of her thoughts on. She was just glad he was here right now in this moment.

The train was in full speed now. Grace let go of Chase and grabbed ahold of his hand and said, "Are you gonna sit with your friends?" She asked looked at him wondering if he would be rushing to find his friends right now. "If not, you can come back to my compartment. I got it all to myself!" She said excitedly. If they were alone they could be themselves. They could even share the photographs.

It's up to him, if he agreed, Grace would happily lead him to where she was staying for this train ride.

Chase Crosby

6D9AB751-E29B-436B-A95A-289B4258832D.gif

Chase breathed a sigh of relief, catching his breath and regaining his composure a bit. Chase nodded and smiled, glad to be reunited with his friend once again. He was also happy he hadn’t missed the train. That would’ve been a disaster!

As the two let go of their hands, Chase’s eyes widened as his smile quickly wiped off of his face once Grace asked him if he was going to be sitting with friends. Friends?
“Oh uhh, I don’t have any-“ Chase said, stopping himself before he admitted the embarrassing truth. He didn’t really have any friends admittedly. He wasn’t likable or popular like Grace or even his older brother.

Chase cleared his throat, hoping to move on from the subject. He was more than happy to sit with Grace for the train ride. It was something like a dream come true that she offered that- and that she’d found an empty compartment for the two to have all to themselves. It seemed perfect.
“I- I’d love to come sit with you though!” Chase quickly said with a smile. “Lead the way!” he said happily, dragging his luggage along. He couldn’t wait to show her his summer pictures.

Grace Walsh
Hearing Chase say he didn't have any friends, Grace looked a bit sad but laughed a bit. Grabbing his hand, she lead him through the train saying, "You have me remember." Finally the pair made it to the empty compartment. As Chase took a seat, she grabbed her luggage from underneath her seat and opened it.

"Since we have some time, I wanted to show you some pictures I took!" Grace said excitedly. Opening up her bag, she carefully took the stack of photos out. Luckily, none of them were damaged. Handing them over to Chase, she explained each and every one, hoping that he'd like them. But she also hoped that he had taken some photos that she could look at.

Chase Crosby

604CA9B5-8352-4C08-B994-0705D6937FB4.gif

Chase’s eyes widened as Grace grabbed his hand. A slight red tint painted his cheeks as he blushed at the sudden physical touch. It gave him butterflies in his belly as she held his hand, leading him through the train. He just nodded and remained stunned into silence as he followed her to the compartment.

As they arrived at the empty compartment, Chase put his luggage away and got it situated, sitting down. He raised his eyebrows and smiled, happy she remembered to take pictures over the summer and excited that she wanted to share them with him. He also had some pictures of his own to show her.

“Ooo cool! I can’t wait to see ‘em!” he said eagerly as he leaned over slightly forward in his seat. He watched intently as she slowly and carefully began to pull out her pictures. They seemed in mint condition. He realized his pictures were sort of shoved into his bag- that’s where he and her were different for sure.

“Oh! And uhh, I’ve also got some pictures of mine to show ya in my bag,” he told her with a grin. Chase looked at her pictures and smiled, listening and nodding along as she explained each of them. It seemed like Grace had a fun summer- a much more eventful one than his. Chase’s summer was full of Quidditch practice, and really only Quidditch. His photos almost all exclusively featured something Quidditch related or on the Quidditch pitch.

When Grace had finished showing him her pictures, Chase grinned as he quickly pulled out his bag.
“Wow! You had a super cool summer! I loved your pictures, they were all great!” he said. “And as promised, I’ve got a few of my own to show you!” he told her happily. “Although they’re certainly not as fun or interesting as your photos,” he said with a slight frown. “It’s all summer league Quidditch stuff,” he said with a shrug. Hopefully she’d still like the pictures though.

They really only consisted of Quidditch related images, but that did tell the story of Chase’s summer in all fairness. It was all he did over the summer- practice, practice, and practice Quidditch. Chase unzipped one of the pockets of his suitcase and pulled out a few slightly wrinkled pictures (thanks to Chase irresponsibly and haphazardly shoving them in there) and prepared to present them to his friend.

Chase went through each of the pictures, explaining all about them and what he was doing in them. Of course being in the magical wizarding world, they were all moving images, one short scene looped for all of eternity on the paper. Chase showed Grace various different images of himself posing with different brooms or Quidditch quaffles and whatnot, even many action shots during some practices and games. But he saved his best for last.

Before he got to the one he was most proud of, he held up a picture that seemed to have nothing to do with Quidditch. Chase grinned, seemingly proud to have something to present to her that was not about Quidditch. In this particular image, it showed Chase grinning a toothy smile as he posed for a selfie-like picture at his family’s dinner table.

In the background was clearly Chase’s parents- his father playing into his son’s picture and giving the camera a toothy grin, and his mother smiling and shaking her head at their youngest son’s antics. And of course there was Thomas, who could be clearly seen sitting and shaking his head slowly, rolling his eyes. Chase was in the front of the picture grinning stupidly, but it was a cute little snapshot.

“Here’s a non-Quidditch one! This is my family,” said Chase with a proud smile as he presented his family to her, pointing at the moving image of them sitting at the dinner table. “That’s my mum,” he said, pointing to his mother Kelly, “And that’s my dad,” he said, stating the obvious as he pointed to the smiling man in the picture, his father Andrew. “Oh, and that’s my brother…” muttered Chase, pointing at Thomas and frowning, pouting a bit as he rolled his eyes mentioning Tom, not looking too different from what the older brother was doing in the image.

Chase then presented the last two images to Grace. “Ooo ok, back to Quidditch! These two I’m SUPER proud of!” he said, the giddy grin finding its way back onto Chase’s little face. The first image showed a team of young boys, all wearing the same colored Quidditch uniform robes, some sitting and some standing (depending on height) posing with a large trophy in the middle. The boys looked to be from anywhere to 11 years old to 13.

Clearly seen towards the middle was a young brown haired 12 year old boy near the trophy. Chase could be clearly seen grinning ear to ear as he half stared at and admired the trophy, and half paid attention to the camera. Clearly, all of his teammates had posed nicely for the camera and Chase stuck out a little bit like a sore thumb being the only one eyeing the trophy proudly.

“My Quidditch team won the local summer league championship!” Chase proudly explained. “This is us posing for the team picture with the trophy,” he told her, failing to mention which boy was him. But it was obvious- Grace could clearly tell Chase was the only one staring at the trophy and grinning happily and proudly. He wore his seeker goggles above his head as well. Even the back up seeker had nicely posed for the picture and stared at the camera and smiled pleasantly.

Chase then put that image away in the pile of all of the other pictures from the summer that he had shown her and finally presented her with one last moving image. Chase proudly held up the picture in front of himself, grinning similarly to the way he had been grinning in the team picture he had just shown her.

This picture depicted only Chase, proudly posing with the trophy and holding it up, a solo picture with the championship prize. “This one’s my favorite!” Chase told her, “It’s me posing with the championship trophy I just- err, we won,” he explained. “Wish they let me keep it though…” he muttered. They’d let Thomas keep the trophy for winning the championship in the older boys’ summer league (ages 14-17) but that was probably because their father Andrew was Thomas’ team’s coach.

“But yea, that’s about it!” Chase said, wrapping up with a smile. “Not as cool as your summer, but hopefully you still liked some of them,” he said. Chase then put all of the pictures in a somewhat lazy pile and pushed them to the side, grinning as he looked back at Grace.

Grace Walsh
Grace listened intently as Chase went through each and every one of the photos he took. Although it was full of mostly Quidditch stuff, she didn't mind at all. "Not at all, your summer looked awesome. It's nice to see you get better at something you love doing. I mean you even won!" She said, she was so happy for him. After the incident on the Quidditch pitch, I'm sure he must've been really down. It was his very first game in Hogwarts and it ended like that, with a loss sand injuries.

But one pictures stuck with her, the one with his family. They looked so happy and close-knit. They looked like the family who jokes around with each other and tell each other everything. Grace's family wasn't like that. Sure they were happy, but they weren't much of the joking type. Everything they did was serious and traditional. I guess that's the difference between the two families. It was obvious how traditional the Walsh family was.

Looking out the window, she realised that they would be at the school soon. They'd have to go their separate ways soon, going with their respective houses. So Grace made a decision right then and there. She took the picture of her in her dress, twirling around and dancing, and gave it to Chase. "Something to remember me by I guess. Not sure when we can see each other again, right?" She said as she placed the picture that was still in pristine condition in his hands.

Grace made some small talk with Chase as the train pulled into the station. Next thing you know, the commotion can be heard all throughout the train as students grabbed their luggage and made their way out of the train. Grace grabbed her luggage from underneath her seat and stood up. "Looks like we'll have to part ways here. If you need me, just look for a full head of red hair." She joked as she smiled.

Quickly, she bent down and planted a kiss on Chase's cheek. "See you around, Crosby!" She bid him goodbye and went with the crowd, blending into a group of 2nd year Slytherins. But she glanced back to where Chase was a gave a small wave and a wink. She did hoped she would see him again very soon.

Chase Crosby

BB7A9791-B9CB-421F-AAC3-0A81D522E255.gif

Chase smiled and nodded as she said that she in fact didn’t find his summer boring. That was a relief- he didn’t want to put her to sleep going on and on about Quiddtich. “Heh, really? Well that’s good. Thanks Grace.” said the brown haired second year Gryffindor boy. For the next few hours, the two second year students made small talk and causal conversation as the train rolled along to get to the school in Hogwarts Castle.

Soon enough, the train had arrived at Hogwarts. All around him, Chase could hear students getting up and chattering, making their way out of the train and onto the platform. Chase’s eyebrows perked up as he began gathering his things. He saw Grace get her luggage and reach out to get something.

His eyes widened slowly with pleasant surprise as Grace handed him a what he thought was very pretty moving picture of her twirling around and dancing in a beautiful dress. Chase’s mouth opened slightly into a stunned and love struck smile as his the tips of his cheeks tinted an ever so slight bright pink color.

“Wow…. For me? Thanks!” Chase whispered, smiling shyly, his heart fluttering as he looked down at the picture of the pretty red headed girl and then back up to Grace. He chuckled, a little unsettled by her words. “Bloody hell, you’re making it sound like we’ll never see each other again,” he joked. The thought of never even being able to see Grace was a scary one he hoped would never be a reality.

As she said goodbye to him, he nodded and smiled softly, giving her a little wave. “See ya later, Walsh!” he said. With that, the two parted way. Chase grabbed his luggage and held the little picture she had given him close to his chest, near his heart, and got off of the train. He filed into a group of Gryffindors who all looked to be about second or third years.

He couldn’t help but blush and smile bashfully as Grace looked back at him and gave him a little wink. It made his belly bubble with lovey feelings and it made his heart flutter. He gently rubbed his red tinted cheeks, smiling stupidly as he thought of his “little red haired Slytherin princess.”

Chase watched as the first years were all guided to the boats at the docks. The now 12 year old boy remembered when he was in that very position- a little innocent 11 year old first year and new student at Hogwarts. But now as a second year he was being guided to some chariots that would take the second-seventh year students to the castle before the first years so that they could be seated for the traditional Sorting Hat Ceremony.

The boy frowned and sighed, feeling lonely as he didn’t really have any friends to sit with during the chariot ride to the castle in his Gryffindor house. Chase made his way alone to one of the chariots, sitting in there with his luggage and waiting for it to go. The chariot didn’t go until two Gryffindor third year boys, clearly friends judging by their chatter, hopped into the chariot next to Chase.

Soon it made its way to the castle. Chase sighed and frowned as he looked out at the pretty sight of the castle at night. The boys next to him paid him no mind, chattering about what classes they were taking or what hot girls they were hoping to make moves on this year. Chase thought in his own head that at some point this year, he had plans to ask out his crush Grace Walsh.

Eventually they arrived at the castle doors. The students were all shuffled out of their chariots and filed inside, each second-seventh year taking their seats at their house’s table and waiting for the rest of the older students to arrive. Chase made his way to the Gryffindor table and sighed as he sat alone. More and more students started coming in and sitting down at the tables, waiting for the arrival of the first years and the commencement of the Sorting Ceremony.

Chase occasionally glanced over at and scanned the Slytherin table, trying to catch a glimpse of Grace Walsh. But he couldn’t find her. He did however see his older brother Thomas, now a fourth year and 14 year old, taking his seat surrounded by his group of Slytherin friends. Chase rolled his eyes as he saw his arrogant big brother smirking and laughing it up, being totally full of himself as he chatted with his accompanying Slytherin gang. Soon, the Sorting Ceremony was set to begin and the first years were going to enter the Great Hall for the very first time, just as Chase himself had done just a year ago.

Grace Walsh
Luckily, Chase and Grace's second year wasn't as eventful at the first. She felt like this was what normal like in Hogwarts was like, and she didn't mind it. Today was mostly quiet, although Chase let if slip that he had Quidditch today, so she decided to tag along. The pair have definitely gotten much close this year, they have their own inside jokes, they chat about classmates and professors, they practically talked about almost anything under the sun.

Grace was sitting in the stands, working on some homework that she had while waiting for Chase to finish up. Although every once in a while, she would glance up and sneak a peek of Chase. He just looked so cool when he was playing, she could really tell that he was working hard doing something that he loves. She breezed through her homework pretty quickly and just in time for Quidditch to end.

She watched as the players started to pack up and go ti change into their normal robes. She called out to Chase, "Great job out there! You were amazing! Honestly, I don't even know how you keep your balance on that thing. My flying scores are horrendous to say the least, it's why I never fly. It's a personal rule." She joked as she complimented him on his skills.

Before she got here, she snuck some food with her for Chase to eat. She assumed he would be starving after practice, with how gruelling she heard it was. But then again, she only heard that from the Slytherin players, so she could be wrong about how hard Gryffindor practice was. She offered Chase some water as a sandwich as she offered for him to sit beside her.

Chase Crosby

903B784A-7127-48A3-8FF1-615B9ED5FD7F.gif

It was around the middle of their second year at Hogwarts. 12 year old Chase Crosby had been settling in just fine to his new second year classes. The beginning of the second year certainly wasn’t as hectic as the first was. Chase by now felt he was a bit used to the general routine of Hogwarts and classes. Some classes remained the same but others were different and required of him going into his second year. He wasn’t a little rookie now- he was a sophomore. More was expected of him, which of course wasn’t so thrilling for the youngest Crosby.

As for Grace and Chase, the two had grown even closer than before, finding time to hang out with each other despite their differing (and rivaling) Hogwarts houses. The two had become better friends and of course, Chase’s crush on the red haired Slytherin girl only secretly grew each moment they spent together. She was heavenly to him- everything about her beautiful. He felt a bit odd, wondering if it was normal for a 12 year old boy to be feeling all of these mushy emotions but he did remember his dad asked his mother out in only their third year at Hogwarts at 13 years old.

Regardless, Chase enjoyed Grace’s constant company and friendship. Today, he unknowingly let it slip that he was going to be busy with Gryffindor Quidditch practice this afternoon. Gryffindor was ready to come back after falling short last year. They were hungry for a cup and wanted to deny their house rivals of Slytherin captained by Thomas Crosby, a second consecutive championship title. As the Quidditch season went underway, Gryffindor looked good, Chase and his Gryffindor team even beating Thomas and his Slytherin team in the first game of the season, Gryffindor vs Slytherin, to really set the tone. Of course this only angered Thomas and made him only more cold and callous to his little brother.

But overall, everything was going well with Chase Crosby and even Grace Walsh. Chase’s grades were ok enough- average at best, but he never really excelled in anything regarding classes. He still had the will to keep his grades up so they were good enough for his parents to not grow angry and of course, the will to exceed in Quidditch never faltered. It certainly helped that his spirits were kept up by his undying friendship with Grace. They talked about everything together at this point it seemed.

This afternoon, Chase was out on the pitch practicing Quidditch and running some drills with the Gryffindor team. Young Crosby was certainly becoming a little Quidditch seeker star in his second year playing the position. He was heavily relied upon in games and usually- he delivered. Today though, he wasn’t aware that he had really let Grace know in passing that he had practice with the Gryffindor team. He also wasn’t aware that she had been sitting in the stands watching him as he flew on his broom and practiced, doing some homework as she did so.

As practice wrapped up and the Gryffindor players began coming down to the ground and gathering up their brooms and some taking off their robes before they got to the locker rooms, Chase’s head perked up as he heard a familiar voice calling out to him from the stands. Chase’s eyes widened as his mouth opened into a big and eager smile. It was Grace Walsh! Chase couldn’t help but chuckle and blush as she complimented him and admired him for his excellent flying skills. “Heh, oh hi Grace! I- I didn’t see you there,” he said, blushing slightly as he smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck, “And thanks. I- it’s nothing really…” he said, shrugging it off. He couldn’t help but chuckle at her light hearted joke.

As the other Gryffindor players began taking their robes off and making their way to the Gryffindor locker room to change, Chase raised his eyebrows and smiled as she offered him some food, drink, and a place to sit right next to her. He couldn’t help but blush and smiled softly, his heart fluttering as he appreciated her sweet gesture to get him some food after practice. He was no doubt starving, feeling his stomach gurgle with hunger, so it was much appreciated by the Gryffindor athlete. Chase briefly looked back at his team going back to the locker room and back to Grace. He figured he’d change out of his robes later. Taking his seeker goggles off of his head, shoving them in his pockets, the boy smiled shyly and nodded.

“Aww thanks Grace- that’s really sweet of you,” he said. “I’m REALLY starving!” Chase told her with a grin, putting a hand on his abdomen and rubbing his belly. He happily took her up on her offer and sat down right next to her, still dressed in his Gryffindor scarlet and gold Quidditch robes. His hair was a bit windswept and sweaty from about an hour or so of hard practicing. “Sorry about the hair,” he said, smiling bashfully as he pointed up at his windswept head of soft brown hair. He then began happily munching away on his sandwich, taking some bites and washing it down with the water she had gotten him. “Thanks for all this,” he told her again softly with a small smile.

As he was eating, he wondered something to himself…. Was now the time? Was now the perfect time to pop the question? As he ate next to her, he looked around a bit. The pitch was emptied, they were pretty much alone. All of the Gryffindor players had gone back into their locker room to get changed and head back to the castle since practice was over. Chase felt his heart thumping as he thought it over, his heart pounding practically out of his chest now. He felt his guts squirm a bit as a nervous look began to come across his face now. He figured if his father’s old childhood friend from the story Andrew told him was here, he’d say to just go for it. It was now or never. His only fear was that what he was about to say might ruin the friendship he and Grace had, a friendship Chase valued very much and held dear to himself.

After a little while of silence between the two as Grace let Chase eat and drink, filling himself after a hard afternoon of practicing Quidditch, Chase gulped down the chewed bits of sandwich that was in his mouth with water and cleared his throat, turning to face Grace and address her directly, his pretty brown eyes locking with hers. “G- Grace? C- can I tell you something?” he asked nervously. “I- I’ve been meaning to tell you this for a little while and I just didn’t know when…” the boy admitted softly. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat before going on further. He brought his big beautiful brown eyes up to meet hers once again.

“Listen…. I really like you- like, REALLY like you,” said Chase, “Ever since we met- I don’t know but I just felt some sort of connection,” he told her. “I know that sounds weird and all but it’s true! Y- you’re a really special and unique girl- there’s no one out there quite like you,” he went on. Chase closed his eyes tightly and sighed, looking down, afraid to make eye contact with the girl now. “Ugh! I guess what I’m trying to say is-“ he said, pausing. He then brought his head back up and his eyes back to meet hers as he stared back at her longingly. Chase sighed, “I know it’s weird and probably bad because we’re in rivaling houses- Slytherin and Gryffindor… and it’s probably silly to even ask this and think that it could be a possibility…” said Chase softly.

“But Grace Walsh? I- I think I- I think that I love you…” he admitted, gulping nervously before he finally popped the fateful question. “And well- I guess I was wondering…. Grace? W- will you go out with me?” Chase asked, wincing a bit as he anticipated an answer. The best case scenario of course would be her saying yes and him walking out of there being able to call Grace Walsh his girlfriend. But he didn’t even know how feasible that really was….

Grace Walsh
After Chase ate, Grace heard him out. He really did look like he wanted to get something off of his chest. And after she heard him out, her eyes went wide slightly. Chase Crosby loved her. He wanted to go out with her. She felt so happy, he felt the same way she did. Grace wanted to tell him on the train about her feelings but she remembered what her mother used to tell her as a little girl. "Always let the boy make the first move, it'll show you if he really is brave enough to take you out."

A smile was plastered on her face as she giggled slightly. "Are you trying to court me, Crosby?" She said jokingly as she made a face as if she was thinking about how she would respond, but she obviously already knew the answer the question. After a few moments she gave her reply, "Of course, I'll go out with you!" She laughed happily as she went to give Chase a big hug.

She honestly thought this day would never come, it was something she could only dream about. But now that dream has become a reality, and boy was she happy about it. "Although I will warn you about all the people you'll have to chase off, Chase." She joked as she released him from the hug, still smiling. She stood up and fought the urge to jump up and down with joy. "I guess that means you're my boyfriend now, huh? Please don't tell me that I need to know how to fly now." She joked as she playfully took and held Chase's broom in her hands.

Chase Crosby

825F8B41-C331-40E5-B347-CE8E0FEB955B.gif

Chase raised an initial confused eyebrow. “C- court you?” he asked, “I’m not sure I unders-“ he said quietly before he was cut off by a resounding acceptance of him asking her out and a big hug from the Slytherin girl. Of course “courting” was typically a term used by the fancier and wealthier upper class families like the Walsh’s. Chase had never really heard of what he was doing referred to as “courting” before. That wasn’t a term his family or anyone he knew would use.

But Chase was elated to say the least. The mission was a success! She had said yes! To his utter surprise too! His heart leapt and his stomach seemed to do a back flip with joy. He had to admit, he certainly wasn’t expecting her to say yes so quickly and so passionately. Clearly, she felt the same exact way back. Needless to say he was one very happy young Gryffindor boy.

Chase smiled, ear to ear, as he couldn’t help but giggle with joy. This was the best day of his life, so far it seemed. Her next statement pointing out the boys he’d have to chase off that were after her was a little concerning, but he smirked playfully and tried to keep his spirits up.
“Well I don’t doubt it. Who wouldn’t want to go after someone as pretty as you?” Chase asked, flirting it up a bit.

But he realized that no doubt someone as wealthy and high status as Grace Walsh would have many suitors lined up for her. Many other rich and possibly more attractive boys than Chase ready to swoop in and take Grace for themselves. Chase would just have to prove himself, particularly to Grace’s family, that he truly was the one for her. He was willing to do anything to fight to keep her. He truly loved her, ever since he first set his brown eyes upon the female.

Chase raised his eyebrows a bit as she noticed Grace suddenly take his broom, which was laying next to him leaning against a bleacher, and make a joke about learning to fly. The Gryffindor seeker boy grinned at the gesture. His heart fluttered as she mentioned the word “boyfriend.” That’s what he was now- Grace Walsh’s boyfriend. And he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“Prooooobably,” said Chase, grinning playfully and leaning in towards her in his seat. “If you’re gonna be Chase Crosby’s girlfriend you gotta keep up with him,” he joked, puffing his chest out arrogantly. He then returned to a more normal and relaxed posture. “No but uhh- seriously, I can teach you how to fly better one day. Seems flying class isn’t doing it. Looks like you need to learn the old Crosby way,” he said with a smile.

“They don’t teach ya right in flying class,” said Chase, brushing aside and essentially discrediting Madame Hooch’s teaching methods. “I’ll teach ya how my dad taught me when I was a little kid,” he told her. “He was a Quidditch player himself back in the day so he wanted to get me and my brother into flying and Quidditch real early,” he chuckled, recalling the days of his youth. He remembered many days of Andrew, maybe trying a little too hard early on, to get Chase and Thomas a little boys to learn to fly. But it all paid off as both of his sons turned into great Quidditch seekers.

Last edited:
Grace Walsh
Hearing that Chase was actually willing to teach her how to fly made her pretty surprised. Anyone in her flying class, even Madame Hooch, would probably say that she was a lost cause when she came to flying. No one would dare to even let her touch a broom unless absolutely necessary. "If you really want to take up the challenge of teaching the lost cause to flying, then be my guest." She joked as she rested the broom beside Chase.

"He taught you well. You're amazing on the pitch." Grace praised him. She came to watch his games and sometimes even practice if she had the time for it. Watching him play, you could tell he was a born natural. And as much as she didn't like him, Thomas was a great player as well. After Slytherin practice, she would always hear his fangirls fawning over how hot he looked playing, though she never saw the appeal personally.

"But on that note, if you're gonna be Grace Walsh's boyfriend, you gotta keep up with her." She said playfully but that was true to a fault. "I'm a busy girl after all. Perfect grades, social calls, too many balls and suitors to deal with." She listed off but soon added. "Kidding, I won't just throw you to the wolves. But be warned, my family can be very... traditional."

She sat beside Chase and rested her head on his shoulder. "How about we make a deal? You can teach me how to fly and I can help you study? What do you say?" She proposed as she continued to rest her head on his shoulder.

Chase Crosby

CE7B0941-2D4B-4CA0-A5CF-2E7F77CE5B48.gif

“Sure, why not?” shrugged Chase. He figured teaching his new girlfriend to fly was a challenge he was willing to tackle. He couldn’t help but blush though as she complimented his flying skills. “Th- thanks…” ’he chuckled softly, smiling bashfully. But his head practically spun at the mention of all the things Grace had to keep track of as a Walsh and what he’d inevitably have to keep track of being her boyfriend. It sure was a lot….

Chase’s eyebrows raised, the boy looking a bit stunned.
“I- I’m sure I can try and keep up with all of that,” he told her, although not really too sure of himself on that statement, mostly trying to convince himself it’d be possible for a Gryffindor boy like him. He was pure blooded after all, how bad could he be? But he wasn’t prepared with all of the pomp and circumstance that would inevitably come with being Grace Walsh’s lover.

The young Gryffindor boy gulped at the mention of how strict and traditional Grace’s family was. It was all so intimidating to someone like Chase who came from the fairly well-off but humble Crosby family, who didn’t believe in traditionalist of pure blood supremacy rubbish. But it was a daunting task to keep up with the traditionalist Walsh family.

“Y- yea uhh, sure I can be traditionalist…. Yea!” Chase said, nodding his head quickly and smiling rather awkwardly, highly doubtful of his own affirmation. The reality was Chase came from humble beginnings. He was a bit of a rowdy rascal himself too. He was irresponsible and sometimes disobedient- not necessarily the best “traditionalist perfect pure blood poster child.”

Chase was the type of boy that had to be reminded of his basic table manners every so often. As a little boy he’d make a mess at the table and even at 12 he’d probably still need to be reminded to use a napkin once in a while or to slow and quiet down his eating. Chase was a boy who was the classic definition of a happy-go-lucky kid. He was reckless at times and always care free. He was imperfect- he was Chase Crosby. And Chase Crosby was anything but your classic traditionalist young man. Everything the Walsh’s would despise….

But Chase was willing to do anything it took to keep Grace. If it meant impressing her parents, well he’d try his very best. He then looked to his side and widened his eyes a bit, blushing slightly as he both saw and felt her rest her head gently on his shoulder. It filled his whole body inside with a feeling of warmth- he loved it. Chase couldn’t help but smile fondly as he relaxed his posture as she continued to sit there with her head on his shoulder.

He chuckled at her proposal of a sort of trade off deal of their skills. In reality, Chase was an average (teetering on below average, if we’re being honest) student at Hogwarts. His grades weren’t anything stellar to gawk at, but they also weren’t necessarily failing. They could certainly use some improving upon though, that was for sure. Chase would take her up on her offer, it was a fair trade.

“Hmm, you drive a hard bargain Ms. Walsh,” smirked Chase playfully, putting a finger on his chin, “But it’s a deal!” he said, agreeing. “I’ll teach ya how to fly a broom- the Crosby way, and you help me study for my classes!” he said, reaffirming it with a grin on his face and a head nod. “Let’s shake on it,” he suggested with a wink and a grin as he extended his hand out for a handshake. “That is the traditional way, isn’t it, Walsh?” he asked with a playful smirk.

Grace Walsh
She was glad that they had a deal. It gave the pair an excuse to see each other much more often. Seeing him stick out his hand for a handshake, Grace laughed a bit as she sat up and shook his hand. "It looks like you're getting the hang of being traditional." She jokes as she stood up while their hands are still attached.

Grace pulled him upwards to his feet so the pair were standing inches away from each other. But of course, Chase was taller than her, Grace had always been slightly on the short side. A smile just appeared on her face as she said once again, "I'm just so happy right now!" She jumped up to give him a hug before the pair had to leave.

Chase Crosby

A8F4E78E-8D78-473D-9092-F0CA225E174A.gif

Chase grinned as she laughed and sat up straight, taking him up on his rather formal offer and giving him a handshake. Chase smirked a bit, certainly proud of himself for what he felt was already getting the hang of the formal and traditional stuff. He remained sitting at first as she stood up, their hands still interlocked in the handshake.

His eyebrows raised as he let out a little
“Woah!” as he was promptly pulled up to his feet by the girl. Although Chase wasn’t tall for his age and was probably just a little below average for it, he was still taller than Grace as they both stood up now. It was clear Grace was on the shorter side, and Chase who was somewhat considered short looked just a tad bit taller than the girl. Although to his credit, he had grown since last year, turning from 11 to 12 years old. And he still had much more growing to do as a 12 year old boy.

Grace’s big smile was contagious and Chase couldn’t help but grin excitedly as Grace expressed her happiness. “Me too!” he said, elated himself to finally have her as his official girlfriend. No more did he need to crush on her from afar as “just a friend.” Chase chuckled as the Slytherin girl suddenly jumped up to give him a little hug before the had to leave and parted way.

Chase heavily debated giving her a first official kiss as her boyfriend but opted not to, chickening out and simply smiling, giving her a hug back and leaving as they said their goodbyes. It was time to go now but luckily, the mission was a success. Chase now had Grace Walsh as his girlfriend and they even had an excuse to hang out more with their little arrangement.

The only problem was how this relationship between the Gryffindor and the wealthy Slytherin would be received by their peers and families…. But that was something to worry about at a later date. For now, Chase was kicking himself for missing the opportunity to kiss her.

Soon, a few months passed at Hogwarts. It was now the winter season. All of the students, Chase Crosby and Grace Walsh included, had gone back home for winter break and Christmas holiday. But a few chilly winter weeks passed and it was now early February, and a particularly cold one at that. Classes were in full swing again too, the work for the second years really starting to ramp up around this time. Winter break was fun and relaxing and all, but now it was time to grind and get back into classes again and for the students to work hard once more. The January and February after winter break were brutal, depressing and busy. Still, life went on.

Tonight, it was a particularly frigid night in early February here at Hogwarts. It was snowing outside and the temperature was below freezing. It was safe to say that the students were certainly all cozy in the warm Hogwarts Castle.

Chase Crosby

B9A088E3-E37C-4D3E-92EB-256D3A8A6ACF.gif

Months had passed since Chase first asked Grace out and so far, the two young lovebirds’ little romantic relationship was blossoming. The two were doing quite well together and enjoying each other’s company and love. It was clear the two were soulmates- made for each other and very happy. As for their little deal they had made out in the spectator stands of the Quidditch pitch, that arrangement was going quite well too. Chase had slowly but surely been teaching Grace little by little how to fly a little better and hone in on her skills. It was certainly meticulous work and Grace’s progress was VERY slow, but Chase kept supporting her by her side, helping her and teaching her.

As for Grace’s end of the deal, she’d been keeping on top of it as well, helping Chase study. Like the girl’s progress with Chase’s broom flying lessons, Chase’s with the studying was slow at best, his performance during the little study sessions a little less than desirable. This of course was due to no fault of Grace’s but rather Chase’s rambunctious and almost golden-retriever-like personality. He was admittedly distracted easily and sometimes spent more time goofing off and trying to flirt or charm Grace than study with her. But of course, Grace didn’t really fall for any of it and was super good with reeling Chase back in and keeping him on track. And oh boy did Chase complain quite a bit too!

It was clear Chase lacked in skills when it came to magic and school work that wasn’t broom or Quidditch related, but Grace and his study sessions would prove themselves beneficial. Tonight however was a night not unlike many of the cold January nights in the past month. This winter was particularly frigid and this night in early February was no different. It was freezing outside, snowing too as a coat of white dotted the landscape. On this night, Chase Crosby and Grace Walsh were cozy in the school’s library, having another one of their late night library study sessions.

Tonight, Grace was helping Chase tackle what was probably his absolute worst subject at Hogwarts- Herbology. Oh how Chase LOATHED Herbology. Sure he was nothing special in any of his other classes (with the exception of flying class), but Herbology was something the boy seemed to struggle in- a subject he just could not grasp for the life of him for whatever reason. Maybe because he hated plants and gardening and learning about them. It was a little ironic considering his own mother loved Herbology and even loved to garden, having a garden of her own at the Crosby estate. This garden though Chase had more times than anyone would like to admit, gotten into trouble in. As a little kid running around and playing outside, the destructive little boy Chase Crosby would often step over and wreck his mother’s flowers and various different plants and herbs in her garden. Maybe it was just destiny that Chase and plants wouldn’t get along….

Chase was struggling though quite a bit on this particular night. It was his worst and least favorite subject of course so it was expected, but Chase was growing frustrated and tired. That meant he was more vocal about his displeasure. He had whined and complained A LOT to Grace already tonight. He just didn’t know how lucky he was to have such a patient, loving, and understanding study buddy and girlfriend. But admittedly, the complaining was getting to be a bit much- certainly childish and immature.

“Ugh!” groaned Chase, rolling his eyes and slumping down in his seat, covering his face, “This is bloody boring!” he whined. “For the love of God can we at least call it a night here? Or at least move on to another topic?” he asked. “Why do we even need to know this anyways?! Who the hell cares about a bunch of lame bloody plants!” Chase complained, furrowing his brow and crossing his arms, huffing and making a pouty face.

Grace Walsh
Thank Merlin that Grace Walsh was blessed with such patience. She had enough patience to teach Chase Crosby any subject under the sun. Most people would've given up by now but she wasn't just going to sit by and painfully watch as the boy got just barely passing grades. Tonight, the pair was working on Herbology, a class very close to Grace's heart.

The Walsh estate had a large garden on its grounds, tended to by the women in the family. Her grandmother, Isla, practically made the garden. She begged her husband, Grace's grandfather, to make room in the estate for a garden. She planted all the seeds and once it all finally grew, she was so proud. Isla even made an effort to add to her will that Daniel's wife, Amelia, would get the garden. Isla had taken young Amelia for many walks around the garden and saw how much the young girl tried to impress her with her knowledge. Soon Amelia got the garden and made it even more extravagant, adding a ton more plants and adding pathways, and even a gazebo. She'd take Grace on walks like she did when she was younger and saw Grace all in love with plants.

But back to the present, where her boyfriend was pouting and complaining about studying Herbology. Grace was slightly off to the side fixing a nice bouquet of flowers and plants. Some normal flowers were mixed in with some magical plants. Once Chase stopped complaining, she took the vase and placed it on the table, and told Chase, "I care about a bunch of 'lame bloody plants', Chase." She responded calmly.

Grace motioned to the bouquet and rhetorically asked, "They're pretty aren't they?" She smiled as she fixed one placement of a flower. But she got to thinking, what could she do to make Chase at least feel some sort of motivation to finish the practice questions she gave him? Then a brilliant idea struck her.

"How about another deal? If you get a good score on this practice test, you'll get a reward from me." A smirk appeared on her face. "And the reward will be...hm what should it be?" She feigned a look as if she was thinking. "Oh, I know! How about a kiss?" She offered as she settled in her seat and crossed her legs, seeing if her little plan would work.

Chase Crosby

DC7C898F-4978-40DD-B9CD-F9F90747F908.gif

When he was finally done with his whining tirade, Grace finally spoke in a calm tone. He widened his eyes a bit and pursed his lips, remaining silent as Grace stated she cared about the plants the boy thought were silly and useless to him. Of course there was beauty to be appreciated but also real medicinal and magical abilities various different plant and herbs could possess in the wizarding world. But to the 12 year old boy, he couldn’t care less about any of that.

He felt a little awkward almost “dissing” Herbology and plants in general as it seemed to be somewhat of a passion of Grace’s. He’d have to make note to watch what he said around her about that subject matter. Chase kept his lips sealed. He remained mostly silent as Grace replied. His eyes then fell over to the bouquet of flowers that Grace had motioned to on the table. Restraining himself from voicing a vocal “no” as an answer to her clearly rhetorical question, Chase just simply opted to shrug his shoulders at it. He clearly didn’t appreciate the beauty of the flowers as much as she did.

But then Grace proposed another deal. She had the patience of a saint which was luckily an important quality to have when dealing with a boy like Chase Crosby. But she also knew the youngest Crosby boy very well clearly, as she proposed yet another deal- and exchange of sorts. Chase was intrigued at the idea, and curiously raised his eyebrow and tilted his head to the side as she looked at Grace as she was suspending in thought, figuring out what he’d offer her. Using a reward as an incentive was an excellent move by Grace- she knew exactly how to captivate Chase’s attention and win him over (and with more than just her looks alone).

She tapped in a little bit to the competitive side of Chase Crosby. Chase loved a good challenge, especially when there was a reward earned for achieving a goal. It was simple yet effective. Like a golden retriever dog might get a treat for performing a trick, Chase was the very same way in the sense that he’d do something in return for something desirable to be won or earned. The boy was an athlete at heart too- a competitive spirit indeed. Chase stared at Grace in anticipation as she thought, waiting for her to come up with an idea for an incentive and share it with him. Maybe now he’d have some actual motivation (other than the clear and obvious advantages to studying class material and how it aids on exams) in his mind to make scoring well on Grace’s little practice tests worth it in his mind.

But unbeknownst to Chase, it was clear that Grace didn’t have to think very long of an incentive and already had an idea up her sleeves. Chase’s eyes widened as he seemed to perk up as the girl finally came up with an award and shared it with him. Instantly, his face lit up bright red, blushing, his little cheeks gaining a rosy tint to them. A kiss- it was genius. Chase looked stunned and flustered but certainly captivated. Of course he wanted a kiss from Grace Walsh. This was definitely enough incentive for Chase. After remaining in a stunned silence for a bit, Chase finally quickly nodded his head and agreed.

“Y- y- yea! A- a- a kiss…?” Chase stuttered, flustered, “Y- yes! I- I DO want that!” he told her. Chase had agreed resoundingly to Grace’s offer. Her plan was an ingenious success. Chase quickly nodded his head again, trying to regain his composure for his girlfriend. “Alright yes, fine, I agree,” he confirmed, “But you promise me if I do well and answer all of the questions, you’ll give me that kiss, right?” he asked, raising an inquisitive eyebrow. He wanted to make sure he was going to get his end of the bargain if he was agreeing to this deal.

Grace Walsh
She giggled as she saw Chase's reaction. He really wanted that kiss. She had a new tactic in her arsenal. If she wanted Chase to do something, offer him a reward, preferably a kiss. "I promise to give you, Chase Crosby, a kiss if you answer all the questions on the test." She confirmed the deal with him as she shook out her hand for him to shake.

The handshake kind of became their thing. To confirm something, they'd shake on it. Once Chase shook her hand, she look at Chase then the practice test and said, "Let's hope you remember what I was talking about, Good luck." Grace then sat back and waited to see the result of Chase's test.

Chase Crosby

0289765D-1209-42FF-9C03-B995D07EDCFD.gif

And with that confirmation, Chase was officially sold. He grinned and nodded as she took his hand, shaking it, both of them accepting to the terms of their little deal. They seemed to have a little thing now with handshakes. It was their way of confirming deals “formally.”

Of course, accepting the deal was easy. Now came the hard part- actually doing well enough on her practice test in order to earn the oh so desired reward of a kiss from Grace Walsh. But Chase was motivated- driven by a desire for that kiss from her.

With that, Chase got to work, nodding and picking up his quill as Grace slid the practice test she had made for him over. Chase made an unsure look on his face. “Err- I- I’m sure I do,” he said, clearly unsure of himself. But he was going to try his best even though he was a shoddy student.

Chase then looked down at the page and stared down, laser focused, quill in hand. He furrowed his brow in thought as he began answering each of the questions one by one at a moderate pace. A few questions seemed to stump Chase, because he would pause, suspended in thought for a while. He furrow his brows and tap the quill gently against his head, even sticking his tongue out a little bit as he tried hard to focus- a little thing Chase did when he was really focusing.

Eventually though after a while, Chase finished writing down the answer to the last question and quickly dropped his quill, his face lighting up with joy.
“There! Done!” he proudly proclaimed. Chase then slid over the completed practice test to Grace and sat back in his seat, crossing his arms. “Read ‘em and weep,” said Chase arrogantly as he smirked.

But the smirk soon slowly faded off of his face to reveal his true feelings of apprehension. Chase looked a little unsure of himself, even worried. Internally he wondered if he had done a good job. He sure hoped he didn’t embarrass himself and do a pathetic job. Chase scanned Grace’s face as she eventually checked over his answers, staring at her nervously, afraid of a negative reaction, anticipating some sort of failure.

Grace Walsh
She found it cute when he was trying to answer the questions. Of course, they were very simple, basic-level questions, Grace could probably answer these in her sleep. So she obviously knew that was the level she had to start with. No offense to Chase but she just knew that he knew nothing about Herbology since she heard from his classmates it seemed like he didn't really pay attention in class.

Soon enough Chase was done with the practice test and slid the paper over to her. Seeing Chase's smirk, she took the test and immediately looked the questions over. A proud smile was plastered on Grace's face, not that Chase could see it though since she was using the paper to cover her face. He got most of the questions right, it seems that he was paying attention to Grace.

But now another thing plagued Grace's mind, she had to give him a kiss. Her mother always used to tell her how boys made the first move, but she couldn't do that in this situation, she offered the kiss in the first place. A blush appeared on her face, still hidden from Chase. She didn't want him to see her this shy about a little kiss. Luckily, she concocted a plan quite quickly.

Still hiding her face as she stood up from the table, she walked over to Chase. At that moment, she moved the paper to cover Chase's eyes as she bent down and gave him a peck on the lips. Once she stood straight again, the paper covered half of her face as she looked away shyly, a blush slightly evident from what Chase could see from her cheeks. "I'm sure that tells you your score on the test."

Chase Crosby

0F3C923C-9C8B-4945-B34E-1E1F5814D8CE.gif

Chase gulped nervously as he twiddled with his fingers, waiting for her to finish looking over his answers. He had noticed that she had concealed her face behind the paper. Was that a good thing, or was she trying to cover up something like a horrified reaction at all of his answers? Were they wrong? Had he failed? Was he even going to get that kiss?

Her face was hidden so Chase couldn’t quite get a hint on how he’d done by reading her reaction and facial expressions. Chase frowned, assuming he didn’t do so good. His eyebrows raised a bit as he noticed her finally get up. But her face was still covered by the paper. Uh oh, that couldn’t be good, he thought to himself. His eyes followed her as she got up. Was she leaving? No, she was coming closer to Chase….

All of a sudden, Chase saw Grace bend down and soon after, felt the sensation of a soft kiss being placed on his lips. Chase’s eyes immediately widened as his stomach seemed to do a backflip with joy. He had done it! He’d gotten that kiss from Grace! His face instantly flushed red as she pulled away. From what little Chase could see of Grace’s cheeks, she was blushing quite a bit too.

Chase seemed shocked into silence as he processed the kiss, loving every second of the feeling. After a while of being quietly stunned, Chase spoke, a small smile coming across his lips.
“Wow…!” Chase whispered. “I- I- I think I know how I did,” he told her softly. “That was amazing,” he said quietly. “Well worth it.”

~~TIME SKIP~~

Grace Walsh
The Walsh family ball. It was practically the event of the season for all the pure-blood families when it rolled around. Every witch and wizard who wanted fame, who wanted to be recognized by high society, practically everyone wanted the prestigious invitation to this ball. Amelia Walsh, was in charge of the guest list every single year. If you wanted to get on this list, you needed to be known by her. Grace would soon take over the task of being the hostess of this grand ball when she turns 16. So Amelia has been preparing her well for 13 years, so she decided that Grace could have one family of her choosing attend the ball. Obviously, she knew exactly who she wanted to invite.

Grace was finally in her third year, 13 years of waiting, she finally got the invite to a family of her choosing. She chose the Crosby's of course. They fit the pure-blood criteria that her mother practically required all the invitees to have. Thomas' girlfriend's family was already staples on the guest list. And maybe, just maybe, Grace could finally introduce Chase as her boyfriend. If she tells them during the ball, then maybe if they have an outburst, it won't be massive.

Chase and Grace's relationship has been going well since 2nd year. They've learned so much about each other and spent a lot of time together in between classes. She's honestly quite lucky that none of this news has reached her parents yet. She hoped that her parents would grant her this one relationship, even if it wasn't really up to standard for their family. But she was excited nonetheless the let Chase and his family in on her life and how it's run.

Their holiday approached so Grace decided to give the invitation to him before they separated ways. They were spending time together, just walking around the castle during their free period, when Grace brought up the invitation.

"Hey, Chase," She said to grab his attention. "I've been meaning to give you and your family this." She offered as she gave him the extremely fancy and expensive invitation. "It's an invitation to my annual family ball if you all wanted to come to it." On the invitation it read: "We graciously invite the entirety of the Crosby family to the annual Walsh family ball."

"So, bring it up with your family, ok? You'll get to meet my parents and some friends of mine." She said as she looped her arm through his free one. "I'm sure you have something nice to wear in your closet, right?" She teased him as the pair continued to walk.

Chase Crosby

0B3AF1FB-C518-409E-B3A2-ED5361EA0FD2.gif

It was now well into Chase Crosby’s third year at Hogwarts. He was now 13 years old. With his new year of aging and getting older came some new growth. It was mostly slight physical growth for Chase- normal stuff expected to be seen from a 12 year old boy turning into 13. Chase had grown a few inches- it wasn’t much but it was still something to note. Every inch counted in Chase’s mind- who always thought he was too short and wished he was taller. At least he was taller than Grace, but to be honest that wasn’t saying much as she was a bit of a short girl herself.

But with his slight natural growth turning into a 13 year old boy came only really the physical changes. What didn’t seem to grow at all was Chase’s maturity. He was still admittedly irresponsible and a bit immature. Chase was too easy going, careless when it came to most things not relating to Quidditch. And of course his golden retriever-like personality didn’t seem to fade at all. He was still a young boy and it wasn’t anything too out of the realm of normal for a 13 year old, but still, his parents and professors specifically would’ve probably liked to see a bit more maturity in that sense. So while Chase had grown a bit PHYSICALLY, he didn’t grow much mentally in terms of maturity.

Of course Grace had to put up with this, but Chase’s boyish grin and care-free outlook on life was part of his charm, and she had to admit she was a bit drawn to it. Sure, the immaturity from Chase warranted a long exhale and maybe an eye roll at times from the much more responsible and mature Grace, but they still got along very well. And they were madly in love- the two were pretty much opposites but that was why they were so attracted to each other it seemed. Chase’s overall personality made up for his admittedly many faults- but no one was perfect. Sometimes Grace was a little too uptight due to her upbringing and Chase would loosen her up a bit.

And both Chase and Grace had to admit, with turning 13, the slight growth admittedly made them a bit more physically attractive to each other. To Chase, he’d noticed some slight changes in Grace’s physical appearance. She’d matured a little bit and to him, became even prettier. On the other hand, Grace had to admit with Chase’s added year and height increase (the slight couple of inches that it was), he looked overall slightly more physically attractive to her too. He was admittedly a good looking kid blessed with some great Crosby genes that had benefited his family for years. Grace had to admit he was a little bit more handsome with his added height. Grace too was a very pretty girl, her read hair stunning. At 13, the two teens were noticing the physical attraction and qualities of their partners.

But besides the physical growth (and admittedly lack of mental growth and maturity of Chase Crosby) and changes that came with that, a lot had happened in between the second half of Chase and Grace’s second year and beginning of the third year at Hogwarts. Luckily for Chase, his and Grace’s cute little study sessions had helped to keep his grades afloat for the remainder of the semester their second year. Sure, they aren’t anything stellar, but thanks to Grace helping him study and stay motivated, he passed all of his classes, even doing pretty well in a couple of them. As for Grace, she’d shown considerable progress in her flying skills under Chase’s tutelage. Both still had work to do in their respective areas, but clearly their little deal from the second year was beneficial to the both of them- showing good and noticeable results for both sides.

With the passing time in the remainder of the second year and beginning of the third came a strengthening of the bond between Chase and Grace. Their relationship had been going very strong, the two becoming even closer and fonder of each other. They spent pretty much any second they could get with each other when they were able to and luckily for the both of them, even seemed to be able to keep the romantic relationship between the two mostly a secret from everyone (particularly their parents). They spent a lot of time with each other when they could, and their relationship only grew. The two were complete opposites but pretty much a perfect couple. Their love for each other continued to thrive.

It was safe to say that all was going well. But, not exactly EVERYTHING was completely perfect. Chase and his relationship with his older brother, Thomas (now 15 in year 5 of Hogwarts), was still strained to say the least. Thomas still nothing but a rude and arrogant jerk, never wasting the chance to bully his little brother. This was especially apparent on the Quidditch pitch whenever Gryffindor would player Slytherin. Thomas as the captain would often clearly have explicit orders to his players to get aggressive with and harass Chase, and it was clear that Thomas enjoyed watching his players heckle and play his little brother dirty at times. When it wasn’t Thomas’ teammates harassing Chase on the pitch, it was Thomas himself, who enjoyed bumping into Chase aggressively and knocking him off his broom as they flew together. The rivalry between the two brothers made the rivalry game when Gryffindor and Slytherin played against each other that much more fun for the crowd to watch (and the players of each team to play in).

There were a few great battles on the pitch between the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams when they would play each other. The house of the lion would gain the upper hand and take some, and the house of the serpent would have its day basking in the glory of victory, winning a few games over their historic rival. With Thomas and Chase both playing seeker for each team, there were some good battles and races for the golden snitch between the two brothers. It certainly drew a large crowd, getting them very hyped up when the brothers were duking it out in the sky on their brooms, neck and neck with each other. More often than not, Thomas would be aggressive and even dirty in these battles. They’d sometimes end with Thomas bumping into and knocking Chase off of his broom in pursuit of the snitch. If Chase ever won the battles against his brother though, it was always done cleanly and with class, a simple case of Chase fairly beating out his brother (despite his efforts to cheat and play dirty) in a race of speed on their brooms.

Unfortunately for Chase, the second year ended much like the first (arguably worse). Gryffindor had fell short in their pursuit of the Quidditch cup, having a great regular season but doing poorly in the playoffs. They lost too many games in the playoffs when it really counted and ended up not going very far. Ultimately, Slytherin would once again take the Quidditch cup, led by their captain Thomas Crosby and his monstrously talented and brutal Slytherin team. So while Thomas was bringing home a second consecutive championship trophy home, Chase returned to the Crosby household at the end of his second year empty handed. But still, Chase didn’t let it get him too down in the dumps. If anything, it gave him the will to try even harder next year to win the cup. Though, the Crosby parents probably wouldn’t be too happy to learn their eldest boy played particularly dirty with their youngest whenever they played each other on the pitch, but Thomas made sure to threaten Chase into keeping his mouth shut about that.

But at the end of the second year, although Chase didn’t have a trophy to show for his Quidditch efforts, he did win something in his mind, and he couldn’t be more happy about it- a beautiful girlfriend, Grace Walsh. He’d even gained a few acquaintances/friends in his own Gryffindor house, quickly becoming well-known in the house for his efforts out on the Quidditch pitch for the house’s team. Chase’s feats on the Quidditch pitch gained him recognition and admiration from his housemates. Still, he was no where NEAR the level of popularity that Thomas was in his Slytherin house. But as much as Chase envied that, he wasn’t necessarily seeking after popularity too hard. His main goal was winning Quidditch games, keeping his grades up, and most of all, loving and treating his girlfriend Grace right. She was his main priority, the love of the young boy’s life. It was clear the feeling was mutual as well with the Walsh girl towards Chase. Their relationship was certainly strong and loving. The two had learned so much about each other and were starting to practically know each other like an open book!

-

The winter holiday was soon approaching in the third year of Hogwarts, and in just a few short days, the students of the magical school would be going on break, many going back home to spend time with their families. Today on this particularly chilly winter day, Chase and Grace were walking about as they typically did together, during one of their free periods. Their dark Hogwarts school robes flowing behind them, the two strolled through the halls with one another. It was then when Grace mentioned something that she had been meaning to give to him that caught Chase’s attention.

Chase turned to her as she said his name, looking at Grace and raising one of his eyebrows curiously as she said she had something to give him. The third year Gryffindor boy raised both of his eyebrows now as his eyes grew a little in size seeing what she was pulling out for him and hearing what she was saying. His eyes widened as she pulled out a fancy looking and lavish invitation, stating that she was inviting him AND his family to one of her family’s formal balls! Chase looked stunned as he gently took the invitation from her in one hand and read it as they walked along. He couldn’t believe it- she was inviting HIM to one of these classy balls? Surely it was too fancy for him, he thought! This was way out of his league! On one hand he was touched by the gesture by the girl, but on the other, was was internally panicking and terrified.

“Wh- what? W- wow… m- me?…” Chase asked slowly as he looked down at the fancy invitation to the Walsh family ball that was going on over the winter holiday and read it, processing what it said. He wasn’t expecting to be invited to something like this, and so soon too! Chase then gulped nervously, looking up and back at Grace, a little worried look in his eyes. “W- wow… a- are you sure about this? D- do you REALLY wanna invite me and my family to one of these?” Chase asked her hesitantly. “You know me… I- I’m not exactly cut out for these classy and fancy types of events…” he said to her. “Th- these are super fancy and high class, right?” he asked, looking a bit freaked out and unsure of himself.

What also made him afraid was finally meeting Grace’s parents. The Walsh’s were very traditional and strict, and Chase was a lazy, sometimes clumsy and irresponsible immature boy- surely he wasn’t going to be seen as “ideal” in their conservative eyes. Chase wasn’t filthy rich and fancy, not at all high class or high society like they were. Although a pure blood, an admired characteristic by the Walsh’s, Chase didn’t really follow the whole blood supremacy ideology. This was a boy who didn’t necessarily put his manners first. He was mostly polite, but sometimes he fell short in the manners department (unlike his older brother, in public, at least…). Chase could sometimes be a loud eater, even choosing to dive right in and eat with his bare hands rather than using a utensil. He didn’t always use his napkin when necessary and even belched loudly sometimes. These behaviors were no doubt frowned upon by the wealthy and traditional high class society families such as the Walsh’s.

Chase was anything BUT your classic fancy high class and traditional rich boy. That’s why he was so fearful he’d fall short and embarrass not only himself, but his family and worse- Grace herself. Surely if he made a fool of himself and didn’t present well at this Walsh family ball, Grace’s parents would forbid their daughter from seeing him. That would absolutely break the boy’s heart to pieces. Grace was the love of his life, and Chase wanted to keep her. But he’d do anything in his power to do so. He also still had to bring this up with his parents too, who probably would need convincing to go to some fancy and traditional ball hosted by some pure blood supremacist Slytherin family. He didn’t yet know though that the Walsh parents were essentially the rivals of the Crosby’s back when they all went to school at Hogwarts together.

Chase gulped and cleared his throat, looking at Grace uncomfortably before speaking again.
“I- alright, I will bring it up with my family,” he said softly, nodding his head. “I just hope they say yes… I don’t know how they’ll feel about going to this traditional ball,” said Chase, assuming he’d have some convincing to do on his end. He didn’t know how his parents would react to this invitation and news that the reason he wanted to go and was being invited was because he had a special little girlfriend. “Merlin… I just hope I don’t make a bloody fool of myself at this if I do go…. Your parents will hate me for sure!” lamented Chase. Chase knew he was going to step up his act- he was going to need to behave and even look his very best for her that night. He was determined though, but still admittedly terrified.

His eyes widened a bit as he looked at her unsurely, furrowing his brows a bit in uncomfortable thought when she lightly mentioned having something nice enough to wear at home to this fancy ball of hers. Chase wasn’t too sure he had and suit or formal wear that was anywhere near the amount of class and expensive price that was no doubt required for something such as the Walsh family ball.
“Erm, s- something nice to wear?” Chase repeated nervously. “Well uhh, t- to tell you the truth, I’m not too sure…” he admitted, biting the inside of his cheek. “Grace I- I’d love to come to this and I’m HONORED you’d invite me and my family but I must admit-“ said Chase, his brown eyes looking into her eyes, “I- I’m scared! W- what if I’m not cut out for this? What if I embarrass myself in front of everyone? Embarrass my family! Embarrass YOU! I- what if I ruin this? I don’t want your parents to hate me and forbid you from seeing me! It’d break my heart, Grace! I’m just some stupid silly Gryffindor boy, a stupid little athlete kid who just gets average grades and sucks at magic…” worried Chase, frowning and looking down dejectedly as he said all of this.

What he also didn’t know was that his brother was already invited to this Walsh family ball. That was because of Thomas’ girlfriend, Mia Mayfield, being of a very wealthy and high class society family much like the Walsh’s. The Mayfields were proud Slytherins and proud pure bloods. Thomas was the perfect boyfriend for Mia. Sure, he was a Crosby (historically a Gryffindor and not uptight traditional rich family), but he made up for it with the fact that he was pure blooded and was even sorted into the “superior” house, Slytherin. Plus, unlike his younger brother, Thomas knew how to present himself and how to act polite and traditional, able to turn it up to another level to blend in and please Mia, her family, and families alike. Thomas had nothing to fear as he was to the Mayfield parents, a perfect pure blooded Slytherin boy suitable for their daughter and worthy of Mia’s love and a romantic relationship with the girl.

But with Thomas too getting an invitation to this Walsh family ball, it gave even MORE reason for the Crosby parents to ultimately say yes and agree to going to the event over winter break. But Chase still had to reveal that he had been invited and why, and that he had a special girlfriend for his family to meet…. But he dreaded most of all meeting Grace’s parents and not living up to their high expectations for their daughter’s lover. Chase didn’t know if he would be seen as a suitable or acceptable boyfriend for someone as traditional as Grace Walsh. Plus, he WAS a Gryffindor…. Would his pure blood status be enough to bail him out in that regard? But it seemed that there was good reason to go to the Walsh family ball given that Thomas was being invited due to his connection with his girlfriend and her family and the Mayfields’ social status. It was all up to Chase now….

Grace Walsh
As much as she didn't want Chase to fret over this, she had to admit that she found it a bit cute. He wanted to impress her and her family so much, it was sweet that he cared that much. Grace let Chase ramble on, she knew there wasn't any point interrupting mid-way, so she let him get all his frustrations out before she'd calm him of them. He just needed some reassurance and maybe just a little ego-boosting to make him confident enough.

"Chase, you'll do fine, I promise. Just think of it as another party. If you're ever in distress, I'll be there. You'll probably spot me from a mile away." She joked. Her full head of red hair made her stick out enough, but what she would be wearing would blow every other girl out of the water. Amelia picked out a lavish dress to say the least, so Chase wouldn't have any problem finding her. "If you need help, I'll be there. And you won't embarrass yourself, I don't see how you could. You're not just a stupid silly Gryffindor boy, you're my boyfriend. I'll help you every step of the way, I promise." She swore to him sincerely. She stopped walking and tiptoed so she could cradle Chase's face in her hands. "Don't stress about it. Just show up. That'll be enough for me." With that she kissed him to try and calm his nerves. She didn't care who saw, she just wanted him to say yes to being there on a big night like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back