• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Chasing Grace:

“Chasing Grace” is a Harry Potter RP that follows the events in the lives of Hogwarts students Chase Crosby and Grace Walsh. It is a direct continuation of the now defunct “Hogwarts Years 1-7” Group Roleplay. This story picks up from where the group RP left off during Quidditch tryouts taking place their first year in the year of 2002. The roleplay will follow hopeless romantics Chase Crosby and Grace Walsh through their 7 years of Hogwarts, starting from year 1

This is a roleplay between Edric Blight Edric Blight (Chase Crosby) and kakemha kakemha (Grace Walsh)​

Chase Crosby

D3268750-4837-4AB3-95E4-E29395DFE21E.gif

When we last left off, young first year Gryffindor and hopeful Quidditch seeker for his house, 11 year old Chase Crosby was busy trying out for the highly sought after and special position. He knew he had to both impress his hopeful potential future teammates as well as his little crush, the Slytherin girl Grace Walsh sitting in the stands and watching him while she “studied.” Of course, she was really just there to swoon over her crush, Chase. But the Crosby boy sure did not disappoint. He quite impressed the current Gryffindor team captain as well as the other team members and even the other hopeful tryouts, all who were probably either second, third, or fourth year. Chase was the only first year trying out since typically first years never made the team. But Chase was determined to break that barrier just as his father had done long ago and his older brother Thomas, two years ago.

After zipping around the Quidditch pitch and completing all of his trials, Chase Crosby landed and dismounted his broom, sighing and running a hand through his beautiful and soft brown hair. “I must say kid, well done,” complimented the Gryffindor captain, Mitchell Markstrom. Chase just grinned and nodded, “Thank you, captain,” replied the young first year Crosby boy gratefully. He wondered if his brother, Thomas Crosby the Slytherin captain third year, had seen him trying out. Surely even HE had to be impressed with his baby brother. Mitchell grinned, “Sit tight there little buddy. We’re gonna go over some things while the other teams have their try outs. Go in the stands and we’ll call ya over with the results,” Mitch informed him. “And hey kid, you did great. But whatever happens- just know it was a great trial. Even if you don’t make the team this year, keep your head up high. That was some real promising stuff. I think you’ll show some real promise of making the team next year if you try again with that talent if you end up not making it this year, Crosby,” said Mitch as he gave the young aspiring seeker first year Gryffindor an encouraging pat on the back. Chase just simply nodded and ran off with his trusty latest Firebolt model broom in hand. He was going to go find Grace, hoping she had been watching him the entire time and was impressed.

Chase wore a proud grin as he puffed his chest out, his broom in hand as he made his way towards the stands. Then he saw it, the distinct head of red hair he found so pretty sitting in the stands. It was the Slytherin robed Grace Walsh for sure. But something caught his eye, particularly seeing smiling and the moving of her mouth as she spoke with some Hufflepuff boy. He looked to be young, certainly a first year too. Why was Grace talking to this chump? And more importantly to Chase, why were they smiling and laughing? Was this boy trying to “steal Chase’s girl?” Was this Hufflepuff kid attempting to replace him and take Grace away from him? No, Chase wasn’t going to let that stand. He was going to “win” her back. In reality, the Hufflepuff boy had been making harmless and innocent conversation with Grace in the stands as they watched the Gryffindor Quidditch trials. Hell, the young Hufflepuff was even nerding out about and admiring Chase’s flying skills, finding it fascinating seeing Chase fly through the air and make incredible maneuvers at such a high speed.

Chase marched himself up into the stands to meet with Grace Walsh. Before he spoke and came into her view, he took a deep breath, furrowing his brow and gaining some confidence. He had to show her he was a manly man. He cleared his throat and ran a hand through his soft brown hair, getting locked in. “Ok Chase, it’s go time…” he thought to himself in his head before approaching Grace and the Hufflepuff boy she was talking to in the stands.
“Ahem!” interrupted Chase as he wore an arrogant grin and puffed his chest out, standing proudly in front of Grace like he had something to prove. “Hi Grace, did ya see me? Trials are over! They said I did great- I hope that’s true. Just gotta sit tight and wait for the results,” he told her. He then turned his sights to the Hufflepuff boy who was almost stunned into silence in the presence of the highly skilled broom flyer. Chase glared at the young Hufflepuff boy who just raised his eyebrows, stunned as Chase furrowed his brow. “And uhh, who’s this….?” Chase asked, muttering through angry gritted and clenched teeth. The Hufflepuff boy just widened his eyes and gulped nervously.

(Mentions: kakemha kakemha )

Grace Walsh
The tryouts were about to begin. Grace tried to remain calm and read through her book, but in reality her eyes couldn't help but glance at the pitch to see if Chase was playing. Seeing a few of the other Gryffindors try out, she had to admit they had talent. Grace, herself, could barely ride a broom. She liked the ground just fine, thank you very much. Watching as players whizzed by and scored and defended goals, she could sometimes hear cheers coming from friends, family, even partners from all around the bleachers. She wanted to cheer and show her support, but she still wouldn't know what people would think. And if her parents caught wind of her cheering for a Gryffindor boy, she probably wouldn't hear the end of it and the next letter she would receive would be a Howler. But she would be supporting him from inside.

After a couple people tried out, a nice Hufflepuff boy sat next to her. He was in her Potions class, and with the red hair, he recognised her immediately. They struck up a conversation, pretty much about anything. But there was something the Hufflepuff boy, whose name was Alec, always seemed to steer the conversation back to. And that was the Quidditch tryouts, he was inspired and amazed by everyone, especially the player that had been on the field for only a couple of minutes.

Looking to see who it was, her eyes lit up, it was Chase. How did she miss him? But now that she had her eyes on him, she couldn't take them off of him. He handled the broom with such skill, he could spot a Snitch from far away, it looked like he could do anything on a broom. Now she understood why he thought he was so confident about getting into the Qudditch team on their first year, she understood why the Hufflepuff boy couldn't stop talking about him.

Once Chase's turn was up, Alec clapped loudly, looking very happy. Although she couldn't show her support as loudly as Alec, she did close her book and clap for him, smiling as well. And with that, she and Alec returned to their small talk while she waited for Chase. She made a new friend in Alec, he was funny, kind, and knew a lot about Qudditch, maybe she could ask him to teach her more about the game some time soon?

Their conversation was interrupted by someone. Looking up, Grace saw Chase wearing an arrogant grin and holding his broom. "Chase! Hi! Yeah, I saw you and how could I miss you? I feel like everyone here was mesmerised by you." She joked as she laughed a bit. "But you did great. I'm sure you'll make it on the team in no time. If it were up to me, you'd be recruited on the spot." She reassured him as she remembered him riding around on his broom. She saw his gaze shift to Alec, asking who he was, she could tell he was loosing his cool a bit.

Taking control of the situation, Grace was determined to introduce the two. "Oh, this is my friend, Alec! We have Potions together. He came up to me earlier. He knows quite a lot about Quidditch, wouldn't stop talking about you, in fact." She said as she introduced Alec to Chase, she hoped with her as a mediator, they would both get along.

Chase Crosby

EEBFEBD8-50A3-47F7-AC23-F0F6F293F940.gif

Chase raised his eyebrow a bit upon hearing her words about everyone seemingly being mesmerized by his flying. He was quite the little flying machine and zipped through the air quite fast, certainly wowing both spectators and the current Gryffindor team members alike. “Well uhh of course,” said Chase with a cocky smirk. He figured he shouldn’t be his usual mild tempered and humble self around Grace. Of course she’d like a “macho man,” thought the young boy, he had to be arrogant he told himself, putting on a more confident act. “It was pretty easy, I didn’t really expect anything less,” he said with a casual shrug. He did blush slightly at Grace’s compliments though.

He then took a look back at the Hufflepuff first year boy whose name was Alec. He raised an eyebrow almost looking at the Hufflepuff boy with disdain as Grace introduced him to Chase. But his eyebrows raised with a bit of surprise as Grace said this Alec kid wouldn’t stop talking about him. A fan? Maybe the kid wasn’t really “after his girl” like Chase had originally though if he was willing to blabber on about the boy who was flying around the Quidditch pitch and the one Grace was clearly admiring. But Chase couldn’t be too sure and couldn’t let down his guard.
“Oh…how nice…” muttered Chase, clearly not being genuine.

He then looked over at Alec, almost turning his nose up in disgust and almost looking down at the Hufflepuff boy although the two young boys were pretty much the same height.
“Chase Crosby,” he introduced himself as, as if he NEEDED an introduction. “And uhh… who do I have the… err- the pleasure of meeting,” he said, a small hint of sarcasm in his tone of voice. Although he knew the boy’s name was Alec now, he wanted a last name and maybe a bit more about him. Almost as if “sizing up his enemy.” Chase wasn’t about to let anyone get in the way of him and his red headed goddess.

Grace Walsh
"It certainly looked like you could do it in your sleep. I, myself, am hopeless with a broom." She joked. If you ever saw her in flying classes, you'd question she was even still passing the class, luckily she hasn't fallen off of her broom at a high height. "You know, if that was like nothing for you," She said in reference to his flying. "Then maybe you could help me with my flying, Merlin knows I how I'm still passing our flying class." Offering Chase to teach her how to fly would certainly be a great experience and it could be an opportunity to hang out more.

Hearing Chase mutter how nice it was that Alec was a fan, she could tell in his tone that it wasn't genuine in the least, but she really wanted the two to get along. She wasn't really sure what was stopping them from being friends, but that doesn't mean she'll stop trying. "It's nice indeed. I'm sure you're pretty popular in the Quidditch circle already, Alec is just one of you fans." Assuming he had a lot of fans, it wasn't a stretch to say Alec was one since he practically was one.

Seeing Chase introduce himself made Grace smile, it was nice that he was trying to get to know people. Aside from the ones on the Quidditch pitch and his own house, of course. But Grace saw that Alec was nervous, so she went over beside him. Putting one of her arms around his, she helped him up so he could stand and said, "C'mon now, don't be scared. It's just Chase." With that encouragement in mind, Alec took a deep breath and introduced himself.

"I'm Alec Abernath. Hufflepuff house, obviously. Uh, nice to meet you." He said a bit nervously to Chase. Laughing a bit at his nervousness, Grace unlinked her arm with his and gave him a pat on the back saying, "See that wasn't too hard. Now you both know each other, it's great to meet new people." She said smiling, happy the two were getting along. Well at least on the surface they were.

Last edited:

Chase Crosby

AC7D66FD-E866-40D4-880B-CC1AA6E3AD5C.gif
Chase was touched slightly by Grace’s compliment. For some reason it meant more to him that such a pretty girl said these things rather than anyone else. For a boy who received a whole lot of compliments in his life and was used to it, it sure seemed to mean even more when the red haired girl said something nice. It even meant more than a compliment from his old dad, his idol, or even his potential future Gryffindor team captain. Chase grinned slightly at Grace’s words, but he tried to stifle his happiness for the most part in an attempt to not look like a smiling dork knocked off his feet.

“Heh yea, maybe I will teach you to fly one day,” he said nicely with a soft and polite smile. But his pleasant smile when addressing Grace soon turned into more of a condescending one- a smile that was barely even a smile and said the boy doing it was pretty much full of himself. It almost looked as if Chase was attempting to make himself taller so that he could looked down at Alec with disdain. For some reason, Chase almost felt proud and powerful that this Alec kid seemed to somewhat fear him- or at least was nervous in his presence. The very small power trip admittedly made him feel like a God- like the school celebrity he seemed to crave to be.

Chase felt himself cringe and his insides squirm as he saw Grace put an arm around Alec in an attempt to help and comfort him. It didn’t sit right in his gut seeing Grace touch him like that. She was quite the kind and caring girl and her gesture was a compassionate one, but Chase’s immature jealousy didn’t make him see it that way and see it for what it really was. He nodded slowly as Alec fully introduced himself. Chase once again cringed internally as he saw Grace pat the Hufflepuff boy on the back.

The youngest Crosby boy cleared his throat.
“Oh, nice…” he said softly. He then put on a fake grin as he extended his hand out for a handshake. “The pleasure’s mine,” he said with a much more convincing friendly tone, but behind the genuine nature of the words was a hint of sarcasm. Chase just grinned as he stuck his hand out, waiting for Alec to possibly take it. He had a plan- he knew he was going to do a firm business handshake. Maybe even grip Alec’s hand tightly to make him wince or feel uncomfortable. Maybe this way, he believed, he could show Grace was he truly the “strong man” here. What the Gryffindor boy who was full of himself failed to realize though was that he didn’t need to do much “proving” of himself as the “strong man” in front of the clearly timid and not socially confident shy Alec the Hufflepuff boy.

Grace Walsh
"Teaching me how to fly would do me wonders." She joked as she saw the glimmer of hope that would come if Chase taught her how to fly. Though she doubted he could teach her much, considering she was hopeless at anything athletic. Simple running was hard enough for her. But the soft smile Chase gave her filled her with some encouragement that maybe it could work out.

A handshake! That was something, a start of a potential friendship. But unfortunately, Grace didn't know of Chase's intention that was there with the handshake. She was a kind girl, she always had the motivation and goal that everyone should get along. No mind to class, wealth status, or house, at the end of the day, they were all witches and wizards.

She watched as Alec, letting down his guard slightly, go the reach for Chase's handshake.

Chase Crosby

33452EE2-277B-4480-B767-D87AF33069C2.gif

Chase grinned as Alec extended his hand out and took him up on his offer for the handshake. With a little smirk and a glimmer of mischief in his eyes, the boy promptly took Alec’s hand and gave him an overly firm handshake, gripping the boy’s fingers quite tightly as he shook the Hufflepuff’s hand. Chase’s handshake was firm, a little bit too firm, as it certainly rocked the weaker and more timid Hufflepuff’s body a bit.

“The pleasure is certainly mine!” Chase said through his teeth as he put on a fake grin, tightly gripping the poor Hufflepuff boy’s fingers in the firm handshake. “Say…” said Chase with a mischievous smirk, “Here’s a little tip for the future there, Hufflepuff,” he went on. “Firm handshakes always make a better impression. When you’re out at parties or meeting new people, you always want to have a firm and confident handshake,” explained Chase like he knew any better. “But I doubt someone of your type would really be going to anything classy…” he muttered, finally letting go of the handshake.

Grace Walsh
When she saw that the handshake was a bit too firm, she rushed towards Alec once Chase released his hand. "Are you alright? Here, give me your hand." She said concerned. Grabbing his hand, she clasped them in hers as she muttered a healing spell to try to ease the pain that Alec felt. "There, better now." She smiled in a gentle say.

But hearing what Chase said before, made Grace mad. Why did he treat him that way, he did nothing wrong. "Hey, if you ever do wanna go to a classy event, you can come to one of my family's balls anytime. I'll see you in Potions again. Take care Alec." She bid him goodbye as the young boy walked off a bit scared and shaken.

She turned slowly to Chase, her eyes closed as she took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. As she opened her eyes, she just went off.

"Why did you do that? He did nothing wrong to you, he was even a fan of you flying! Is this how you treat everyone? Because it is certainly not the right way to treat anyone! I can't believe you just did that, he was a nice boy! And all that crap about firm handshakes? Would you shake my hand like how you did Alec's? Do you think hurting someone with a handshake is a good first impression? So you better start treating people right or maybe you'll be the one who doesn't go to anything classy!"

After that lecture, Grace breathed heavily. She didn't mean for all that to come out but she hoped it got the massage across to Chase. If he didn't start treating people with respect, maybe they couldn't be friends at all.

Chase Crosby

11D13026-929F-45D8-B677-40BB2FD76345.gif

Chase wasn’t too thrilled to see Grace immediately come to Alec’s aid. He furrowed his brow a bit and scrunched up his face a little, restraining himself from muttering, “Are you serious right now?” Chase was confused- why wasn’t she all over HIM right now? Why was she all over Alec? Clearly Chase had proved HIMSELF to be the “manly man” here. What was her deal? Chase noticed Grace’s kindness. She was almost too kind, she certainly had a very good heart.

He rolled his eyes as she muttered a healing spell. But not it was his turn in the hot seat as Grace began to, understandably, give him a stern and almost motherly lecture. Chase’s eyes widened as he blushed slightly, embarrassed to be getting chewed out by his crush like this. Clearly his “macho” plan had backfired and she wasn’t a fan of the way he was acting towards the Hufflepuff boy here. Damn it this was bloody awful- his love interest was chewing him out AND mad at him. Yikes….

Chase just stood there like a guilty puppy as Grace gave it to him. He gulped nervously and frowned at the lecture. She was completely right- Chase was being a complete ass hat right now in an attempt to act and look cool I’m front of her. He was being immature and a little too full of himself as the youngest Crosby boy often got. But if there was any Crosby who was full of himself, it was the eldest boy, Thomas, the third year Slytherin and current Slytherin Quidditch team star seeker and captain….

“If you ask me, little Chasey here never had any chance in the first place of EVER being invited let alone ALLOWED anywhere NEAR any type of classy event,” said a snide voice from behind that sent a shiver down Chase’s spine. The boy tended up as he felt two hands be placed onto his shoulders from behind, feeling a tight squeeze causing him to wince. It was Thomas Crosby, his 13 year old older brother, sneering. As per usual, Thomas was accompanied by a little posse of his Slytherin cronies. Chase turned around and furrowed his brow, trying to look like his brother hadn’t broken him, but he still had a hint of nervousness in his facial expression.

“Tom… what are you doing here?…” Chase asked coldly as he turned around and swatted Thomas’ hands off of his shoulders. He looked slightly up at his slightly taller older brother who looked pretty much exactly like him- just two years older. “Why, I thought I’d congratulate you on your performance in try outs,” said Thomas innocently with a mischievous smirk. “Thought I’d say good job to my baby bro for such a pathetic attempt at trying out for seeker,” he spat, gaining a few laughs and chuckles from his Slytherin posse. “But I must say I am impressed, Chase. It takes a lot of guts to go out there knowing you’ll fail and STILL doing it- embarrassing yourself!” Thomas said, sneering as he looked down at his little brother.

Chase just stood there mortified, blushing slightly with embarrassment for now getting berated by his big brother in front of the girl who he had a large crush on.
“Don’t you have anything better to do?” was all Chase managed to muster up in response. “Like make out with your trophy girlfriend? Or wait- did she leave you yet?” Chase spat back, in an attempt to insult his big brother and break his confidence. But nothing broke the confident and handsome Slytherin seeker star and captain’s confidence. He just smirked, looking at his little brother. “Not quite…” replied Thomas. He then clapped his hands together twice, motioning his head to one of his Slytherin friends. The boy quickly nodded and scurried off into the crowd. A few seconds later, he came back with a pretty blonde haired Slytherin third year girl.

Thomas smirked as the blonde Slytherin girl giggled, standing on her toes to reach Tom’s cheek, planting a soft peck on it. Thomas then wrapped one arm around the girl, giving her a kiss back, returning his gaze to his little brother.
“I wouldn’t exactly say she’s left me, baby brother…. Isn’t that right Mia?” Thomas asked, chuckling as he looked back at his girlfriend. The third year Slytherin girl was a pretty blonde named Mia Mayfield, Thomas’ girlfriend. She was popular and rich- full of herself too. As a bonus she was also pure blooded.Of course, Thomas and Mia made the perfect couple… but for all of the wrong reasons. Chase just scrunched his face up and furrowed his eyebrows in disgust at the show of affection.

“Get a room you asshole….” Chase spat back. Again, Thomas’ confidence, no- his arrogance- was not broken by his little brother’s pathetic attempts to insult him. Thomas instead just chuckled to himself. “Who’s the girl?” Thomas asked, raising one eyebrow and directing his attention over to Grace Walsh. “What is a filthy Gryffindor and sorry excuse for a Crosby doing talking to some pretty Slytherin girl, eh?” asked Tom. Chase furrowed his brow angrily. “How do you think dad would react if he heard you trashing his house like that!” the younger Crosby boy said. “News flash, baby bro- daddy’s not here!” Thomas replied with a shit eating smirk. Chase just kept an angry and defensive expression on his face. “Piss off, Tom! What do you want from me anyways?” Chase said back. Thomas grinned, “Nothing at all, baby bro. Don’t throw a fit and pout- I think we left your diapers at home,” he laughed, gaining some more chuckles from his Slytherin posse. “Just here to give you some advice- you probably shouldn’t be seen with this Slytherin girl…” he said, eyeing Grace once more. “She’s much too pretty and classy for some dirty immature little Gryffindor boy like you…” Thomas remarked. Chase just blushed, absolutely embarrassed as ever to be obliterated by his older brother in front of his crush.

Grace Walsh
Before Chase could get a word in, another voice cut into the conversation. Looking at the source of the voice, she saw a taller but older looking Chase. She's seen him around the common room and halls before, but thought nothing of it. But now, based on the nickname that he gave Chase, she guess they were brothers.

She let the two brothers argue it out, she stayed silent as she watched the two go back and forth with the insults and jabs. But Tim definitely took it too far with calling Grace just a pretty Slytherin that was too full of herself to hang out with others. That got her annoyed more than mad. Did he really not treat anyone with respect? It even seemed that he didn't treat his girlfriend with much love.

Once the two were done with their bickering, Grace spoke up. "This "pretty Slytherin"," she put air quotes around the term. "Has a name you know. Grace. Grace Walsh, next time use it. And stop picking on Chase, you're brothers for Merlin's sake. Be grateful you still have a brother." She said in a slightly cracked voice but still was confident in her delivery.

She grabbed Chase's free hand and said to Thomas, "And I will talk to whoever I'd like to, you can't tell me what to do." She then turned to Chase and told him in a gentler tone. "C'mon Chase, let's get out of here. Grab something to eat maybe?"

Chase Crosby

FB3E5EFC-EC92-46A3-9EFD-2ED31616A7ED.gif

Chase was a little embarrassed to have Grace stick up for him in that way, but he certainly appreciated the gesture and admired her for it. He was glad she passive aggressively was able to stick it a bit to his asshole older brother. Still, he stood there blushing and mortified, knowing Thomas would continue to mock him that he had “a girl fight his battles” for him. He certainly admired that she was kind but also strong and not willing to let Thomas bully him like that. She also held her own, letting Thomas know she wasn’t going to be pushed around by the older boy either.

Chase watched, his eyes going from Grace to his older brother who looked a bit stunned but over all amused at the whole situation. Thomas’ girlfriend Mia on the other hand looked only stunned that a little first year girl in their same house would even dare stand up to the most popular boy in their house and her boyfriend. Thomas raised an eyebrow, grinning as Grace tried to guide his brother away and bail out from any further interaction with him.

“A feisty one, eh?” Thomas asked. He noticed them beginning to walk away. “That’s it little bro! Way to go!” Thomas called out sarcastically to them as they walked away from him. “Have a little girl fight your battles because you sure as hell can’t!” Thomas called. Chase balled his fists and gritted his teeth in anger, not looking back and trying not to give his older brother the angry reaction he seemed to so desperately crave seeing out of his baby brother. The boy smirked and turned to his girlfriend, giving her a kiss as they watched Chase and Grace walk off, Mia giggling as Tom pecked her cheek.

“Bloody ass hat!” Chase hissed once they were away from and out of ear shot of his older brother. His face was red with anger and his brows furrowed, teeth clench and fists balled up. “Thanks for getting us out of that…” Chase thanked her softly. “I’m sorry you had to deal with that… I guess if you couldn’t tell, that’s my older brother, Thomas…” he told her. “He’s just an asshole- he’s full of himself because he’s the most popular boy in Slytherin! He’s the captain of the Quidditch team and their star seeker!” he told her, although she probably knew most of this.

“I just don’t get what people see in him!” Chase said. “And if you ask me, he’s ugly too!” Chase said, clearly not realizing in the moment that he was essentially calling himself ugly. His brother looked pretty much exactly like him and was certainly handsome- anything BUT ugly. Chase nodded, “But yea, I am hungry from all of that flying during try outs- I could eat,” he said, taking her up on her offer to grab a bit to eat with him. “Y- you don’t think I did badly during try outs… did you?…” he asked her unsurely and nervously, reflecting upon his older brother’s mean words.

Grace Walsh
"Hey, don't worry about that. You're always bound to meet all sorts of people. People like you brother included. So don't be sorry." She tried to calm him down as she still held on to his hand as they walked through the halls. Hearing Chase mention that Thomas was the most popular boy in Slytherin, Grace couldn't help but scoff a bit. "Well, if he is the most popular boy in my house, that's the first I've heard of him, let alone meet him."

Grace was glad that Chase agreed with her idea to eat, cause her stomach was empty. She couldn't wait to see what the house elves whipped up in the kitchen, their food was always top tier. "Glad you agree, plus all athletes probably need a lot of food. To the dining hall it is." She said as she held his hand a bit tighter as she shifted their route to the one going to the dining hall.

But she then abruptly stopped after hearing Chase's question. "What? Of course not. You were bloody brilliant on the pitch. It felt like everyone wanted to be you in that moment." She reassured him as she turned back to look at him sincerely. "Don't ever think you did badly, you did amazing." She said with a smile to reassure him as they continued onto the dining hall.

Once the doors open, she saw some students littered around the 4 long tables, but there was another dilemma to deal with. "Where should we sit?"

Chase Crosby

BFDD3822-7C80-4817-B4F7-98B25E964F0D.gif

“He’s an ass… he’ll get his one day…” muttered Chase, rolling his eyes, annoyed with his older brother’s bullying and incessant insults often hurled towards him. He wasn’t too sure karma would ever catch up with Thomas but he sure hoped it would one day. Chase couldn’t help but chuckle and grin at Grace’s scoffing comment about the popularity of his older brother.

He nodded,
“Yea! We sure do!” Chase said with a grin. For such a small boy, he was very fit and in shape as an athlete. You wouldn’t know it by the way he ate- Chase ate a LOT. His good metabolism and good genes helped him not put on so much weight from eating a lot. Plus, he was an active athlete.

“Heh, it’s a wonder I’m not fat- I can eat a lot! It’s like my stomach is a bottomless pit!” Chase joked. “I wonder if my mum or dad put a spell on me when I was young- can you do that? Make your stomach a bottomless pit through magic?” he wondered aloud. “Eh whatever- speaking of stomachs, mine’s empty and hungry right now! Let’s eat!” Chase suggested with a smile.

He couldn’t help but smile shyly and blush ever so slightly at Grace’s words and compliments about his performance and flying out on the Quidditch pitch on his broom.
“Aww, thanks Grace…” he said softly, smiling sheepishly. As they arrived to the Great Hall to eat, his eyebrows raised as he looked around the room and scanned it. “Hmm… I don’t know…. Why don’t you pick? Ladies first!” Chase said with a charming wink and a grin.

Grace Walsh
"If you could make your stomach bottomless, I would've done it long ago." Grace joked. Unlike Chase, she had to watch what she ate. Putting on weight was an easy thing for her family, and her parents always wanted her to look perfect. But now and then she did indulge in her favorite meals. But thinking about food now, she was pretty excited to get her hands on some food.

"I get to pick, huh?" Grace said subconsciously as she scanned the dining hall. She had to pick between their houses. So which would be safer, Slytherin or Gryffindor? If they sat at the Slytherin table, there was a possibility chase's brother would come back from try outs and disturb them again. Meanwhile if they sat at the Gryffindor table, Grace's parents might hear about it.

Weighing the pros and cons of each table, she decided the Gryffindor table was the safest bet. Grabbing Chase's hand once more, she led him over to his house's table. As she led him she said, "C'mon, we'll just sit at your house's table. I'm sure you have a lot of friends over there already." Soon the pair found a seat, and food magically appeared. It look mouth watering to Grace, she couldn't wait to dig in.

Chase Crosby

F8BE8914-B001-454C-BE14-74E170F906B9.gif

Chase chuckled lightly and smiled a bit at Grace’s response to his childish wondering aloud of the thoughts of a potential bottomless stomach. He sure was glad the Crosby family had some good genes and he could eat and eat a lot and all he wanted without having to worry about putting on weight. His father was the same way at his age and Thomas now too. The young 11 year old had quite the fast metabolism.

The brown haired boy nodded and grinned as Grace clarified that she’d be the one getting to pick. It was only fair, he thought- she was the lady, and “ladies first” as they always say. Chase was a charming little guy. He looked at her, waiting patiently for her to decide on a place to sit as he noticed her eyes scanning the Great Hall as she tried to think of her decision. Chase briefly gave the different house tables a little scan himself too before looking back at Grace as she finally had made her decision.

Chase nodded as she ultimately picked the Gryffindor table. Now thinking it over, that was probably the best choice. Chase wouldn’t exactly be welcomed with open arms at the Slytherin table… really no Gryffindor would. He especially wouldn’t be welcomed if he found out later today that he was to be Gryffindor’s next seeker! The Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry was one that ran deep- extending into the game of Quidditch too of course.

Chase also realized it was probably safest to avoid the Slytherin table as there he could potentially have yet another run in with his older brother who would probably taunt and tease him with his Slytherin friends. He didn’t need any more humiliation…. Plus, although Gryffindors typically didn’t look too fondly upon Slytherins and certainly were very wary of them, they were at least more generally accepting than the Slytherin house was. Grace would probably get a few stares or dirty eyes but most likely no verbal confrontations from any of the Gryffindors.

But Chase stopped nodding as an unsure and uncomfortable look came across his face at the mention of the assumption Grace had- that he had tons of friends in his house already. Despite being the confident and charming youngest son of one of Gryffindor’s greatest seekers and the younger brother of the popular and talented Slytherin, Thomas Crosby, Chase himself wasn’t all too popular yet within his house. He’d yet to prove himself or make a name for himself. As Thomas had said, when he came to Hogwarts his first year, he made a name for himself. He made himself known. Although Tom finished that thought off by telling Chase he’d never amount to anything like he and his dad did, the concept of Thomas’ words stuck with him- that he had to make a name for himself.

“Good choice!” Chase replied. “But err, n- no I- I guess I’m not as popular as you might think…” he admitted softly with an uncomfortable frown and a shrug as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. “I don’t really have a lot of friends in the Gryffindor house yet…” he said with a shrug and a slight frown. Sure he had a lot going for him- a semi-well-known last name (particularly historically famous within the house of Gryffindor), a charming personality, good looks, and talent with broom flying- but he’d yet to REALLY make his mark.

But it was still early on in his time at Hogwarts. They were only a few weeks into his first year at the magical academy. There was much to do and much to learn, and a whole lot of time to do it. Chase hoped one day he could become as popular as his dad quickly became back in the day with Gryffindor or even how popular his older brother was in Slytherin. He didn’t want to be an ass like Thomas, but the aspect of his popularity was all he secretly envied. In no way did he really look up to his big brother as a good role model.

Chase nodded as Grace grabbed his hand gently, making their way over to the Gryffindor table. “But yea- let’s go!” he said as they began to walk over. Soon they found a seat together, sitting down. It wasn’t too long until a magical mouth watering dinner meal appeared right in front of them out of thin air. Chase grinned, licking his lips at the sight. It looked great, and Chase began to feel even hungrier, excited to finally eat. Around them at the Gryffindor table, it wasn’t too uncommon to see the occasional student from another house sitting there at the Gryffindor table. Many Gryffindor students had friends in other houses, and many various Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff kids could be seen sitting at various different places at the a Gryffindor table, talking with their Gryffindor friends.

It was a rare sight to see a Slytherin at the Gryffindor table, but it was seen occasionally. There were maybe one or two scattered about the Gryffindor table, some Gryffindors and Slytherins choosing to set aside and ignore the differences between their houses and become friends anyways. Like Chase and Grace to an extent. Luckily though it seemed the duo of Chase and the Slytherin Grace Walsh didn’t get too many dirty eyes or weird looks. “Oh man!” said Chase with a boyish grin as he eyed his food, his stomach growling with hunger. “This looks so good! Let’s eat, shall we?” he suggested, wanting to be charming and polite and not going to stuff his face and dig in immediately like he might do at home or with just a casual friend. Chase regarded Grace very highly and because of that, he knew he had to be on top of things. She also came from an upper class high society family, so of course he had to show her he was classy too. Otherwise, what would she think of him? She’d probably just leave him for some rich upper class high society Slytherin asshole boy.

Grace Walsh
"Yeah dig in, by all means. You deserve it, nest Gryffindor seeker!" She said happily as she gave him the go ahead. Grace noticed the weird looks they got from some of the Gryffindors and some Slytherins at the other table, but she decided to ignore it. Her attention wasn't on them anyway, it was on Chase... and the food of course.

Looking at the spread in front of them, Grace got small portions of some foods. She wanted to get more but held back. Would Chase like someone who ate a lot? Grace had the perception that he liked petite and delicate girls. So although she wanted to get more, she stuck to the small amount she had gotten on her plate.

Taking the utensils on the table, she dug in. And it was delicious to say the least. House elf cooking never disappoints, even here in Hogwarts. Grace took her time, she was more of a slow eater after all. Chase, in all likelihood, would probably finished before her.

"Sorry I eat slowly, just a habit I guess. But when do you think the tryout results are gonna be out?" She asked and made some small talk to Chase as she took another bite of food. Luckily, entertaining people was no problem for her. The Walsh family balls were proof enough of that, her mother was practically training her to be the next hostess, it was a family tradition apparently. The balls were pretty well known in the pure-blood community, some even say ever since the Walsh name existed, there were balls to go with it.

Chase Crosby

D0DD892C-D077-4C2E-B4E9-D6E85024660D.gif

Chase couldn’t help but smile sheepishly and blush ever so slightly as Grace so boldly claimed that he would be the next Gryffindor seeker. In Chase’s currently and soon-to-be-filled stomach, butterflies nervously floated around as he was eagerly awaiting the results of Quidditch try outs. Some time after dinner they were set to be posted. Chase couldn’t wait- he sure hoped he made the team. He had to follow in the footsteps of both his father and older brother. After dinner, he’d go and check the results with Grace. That would mean one of two things- celebration and jubilation or complete and utter humiliation in front of his crush.

“Heh, thanks, I’m glad you have so much faith in me,” said Chase softly with a sheepish grin as he began to dig in. There was a noticeable difference in the way the Gryffindor and the Slytherin ate. Chase ate at a much faster pace, inhaling his food like he tended to do. Nothing could beat that tasty House Elf cooking. Of course Chase was biased though- he much preferred his mother’s home cooking. But this was still a pretty sweet deal. Chase usually was a very fast eater, usually at home manners taking a back seat to a pleasurable dining experience for the youngest Crosby boy. At family dinner’s over the summer when Tom was home, the older brother would often look with disgust and disdain over at his younger brother completely scarfing down his food and shoveling it into his mouth.

Chase did his best to calm that down in front of the presence of the classy Slytherin lady Grace, but of course he still ate at a relatively fast pace- one that was certainly a great deal faster than the Walsh girl. Initially, Chase’s use of utensils was minimal, but as he was eating and saw the way Grace ate out of the corner of his eye, he picked up some utensils and began eating with them to be somewhat classier as he ate. His pace barely slowed down though- all of that broom flying made the young boy very very hungry.

As they were eating, Grace had asked him when the try out results were going to be posted an also apologizing for her slower pace of eating. Chase quickly swallowed what was in his mouth so he could answer her, wincing a bit as some barely chewed chicken went down his esophagus. But now his mouth was quickly cleared to speak. “Oh uhh, don’t worry about it,” he said with a kind and understanding smile. “I- I guess I’m just a fast eater,” he said with a little shrug, briefly looking down at his plate and noticing he was practically almost finished with his dinner. “And Quidditch trial results are set to be posted any minute now! After dinner!” Chase said with a small grin. He was trying to keep a mostly positive outlook on it all, but that didn’t mean he didn’t fear rejection. He didn’t want to imagine finding out in front of his big crush that he’d failed to make the team…. Also, his older brother’s harsh words for him echoed in is head….. “You’ll never amount to anything…”

Grace Walsh
"I'm sure you're excited for the results! I'll come with you to check them our after I finish eating." Grace promised as she ate a bit faster as to not delay them from checking the results. But as she ate, she talked to Chase about anything and everything, making small talk was a specialty of hers. They looked like close friends to anyone that saw them, she was starting to get comfortable being around Chase.

Grace never really had true friends growing up. She always was surrounded by her cousins, who are the stereotypical pure-blood elitists. Of course she had the people her age accompanying their parents to the balls, but she only knew them on the surface, never on a deep level. In this moment, Chase felt like her first real friend, someone she could just be herself around.

Soon Grace finished up her food, and the pair were off to try and see if the Quidditch results were out. But then she realised, she had no idea where the results were posted. Turning to Chase, she asked, "So, why don't you lead the way this time? I don't have a clue where the results are posted."

Chase Crosby

637C9B6F-556A-43C2-80AC-905EDD765CBC.gif

Chase nodded along excitedly. He felt a bubbling feeling of anticipation inside of his stomach. Once they were done eating, the results for Quidditch trials were most likely going to be posted. Chase had already finished his meal first and patiently waited for Grace to finish with a cute little soft smile on his face as he sat there with her.

The young Gryffindor boy very much enjoyed the company of Grace. Despite her being a very wealthy Slytherin from a pure blood elitist family, she was very pleasant to be around Chase found. He really enjoyed talking to her and spending time with her. Of course, it was a bonus that he thought she was incredibly pretty. But he really enjoyed talking with her and becoming closer friends with her.

Chase and Grace were different. That was a fact. Sure they were both from pure blood families and of pure blood status, but that was about all they had in common. Grace came from an incredibly wealthy and lavish upper class family that valued blood status, high class society and tradition above all. Chase on the other hand came from a family that didn’t believe in any of that blood status stuff despite being pure bloods themselves and they led a relatively average slightly upper middle class life.

Eventually, Grace finally finished her food. Chase Crosby, ever the gentleman, had waited very patiently for her to finish, sitting there with a little smile on his face. But he was super excited once he saw that she had finished with her dinner. Now with a fully belly. Chase was ready to see the results- to see if he had failed (or not) to do what his father did at his age as well as his older brother. Did he make seeker in his first year, specifically for Gryffindor?

Chase’s little face lit up with joy as he sprung up from his seat and grabbed Grace’s hand. “Great! C’mon with me! I know where it is!” Chase said happily as he practically pulled her out of her seat. He was very excited to see the results, but also deep down inside of him, VERY nervous to check, as if he failed, he didn’t know if he’d ever live that down. Not to mention the teasing from his brother would be relentless that Chase’s dreams had been crushed….

Chase pretty much dragged Grace eagerly out of the Great Hall and down the halls, the poor girl almost struggling to keep up with the fast boy. It was like Chase was an excited little puppy let off of his leash in the dog park. Soon, they came across a large billboard where a few papers were posted and many students from all different houses were gathered around it, quietly buzzing about the contents of the billboard. These were the official results and new rosters for this years’ Quidditch trials and the new Quidditch teams. Chase stopped, gulping as he looked at it. There was quite a big crowd already huddled around the big board.​

Grace Walsh
It wasn't an understatement that Grace had to run just to keep up with Chase's pace. Although her legs started to hurt, she knew this a make or break matter to him, so she kept running. Soon enough they reached the place the results were posted, and the place was packed. A lot of students must've waited right in this spot for the results. Everyone was squished together, neither Grace nor Chase could even see the board, let alone get to the front. But that was when they were together, Grace had a plan to get them out of here while being able to check the results.

She turned to Chase to warn him. "I have an idea, just give me a minute. And stay right here, so I know where to find you." And with that said, she started on her master plan. Grace was small and skinny enough to just slip by the gaps that some students were making, so she dove into the crowd. Muttering a lot of 'excuse me's and 'coming through's, she was some how make it to the front. The list of names were right in front of her. Her eyes immediately went to the Gryffindor house sheet, looking frantically for Chase's name. And that's when she saw it. 'Chase Crosby - Seeker'. He made Seeker!

As she pushed her way out of the crowd, she rushed to Chase with such excitement. Upon seeing him, Grace ran up to him and tackled him in a hug. "You made it! You’re Gryffindor Seeker, Chase!" She repeated over and over again as she clung onto him. She knew how important this was to him, so seeing that he accomplished his goal, his dream, just made her very very happy.

Chase Crosby

48E6E5E9-B53D-4972-9A5A-65D011A410F3.gif

Chase frowned as he stopped behind the large crowd of eager students huddling around the Quidditch trials results and the new rosters for each house’s teams. He stood there with Grace, looking at the large gathering. There was no way Chase could push through all that- he was going to have to wait until it cleared up a bit to find out if his name was anywhere on the Gryffindor roster list. A wait that the boy felt might kill him. Of course, Chase knew of at least one Crosby that’d be on a list up on the board- his older brother Thomas, who probably wasn’t even going to show up to see the names on the list. A bit cocky yes, but to his credit, Thomas’ skills and status as the team’s captain essentially guaranteed him the roster spot every year, so why bother to show up and check the list? Plus, Thomas as Slytherin’s captain had helped craft that Slytherin team roster himself a bit. Another reason why Chase was grateful not to be in Slytherin.

Chase raised a curious eyebrow as he looked at Grace as she turned to tell him to wait a minute while she put a plan she had into action. Chase just furrowed his brow, confused as the girl went off.
“Uhh, ok…” he said softly to himself, figuring he’d wait the minute for he to finish doing whatever she was doing. But his eyebrows raised as his eyes followed her into the crowd. The smaller and skinnier girl was slipping her way through the crowd! Ingenious! She was small and skinny enough to wriggle through the huddled mass of students so she could work her way up to the billboard and check for him! On one hand, this was potentially great! On the other hand, it’d be incredibly embarrassing if he found out from her he didn’t make the team….

Suddenly, pushing her way out of the crowd excitedly, Grace emerged. The cause for this excitement was the fact that under the Gryffindor roster, listed as seeker was none other than Chase Crosby himself. ‘Chase Crosby - Seeker.’ Chase raised his eyebrows as he saw Grace quickly push her way out of the crowd and emerge about a minute later, coming straight towards him. Did she bring good news? He hoped so. He had no time to react or process anything though as suddenly, he was practically tackled by the girl as she wrapped him into a great big hug. Chase’s eyes widened as he blushed being held in Grace’s arms. If she hadn’t told him, Chase could’ve assumed the hug either was a congratulatory one or one of pity. Luckily for him, it was the former of those two options.

Chase’s eyes widened as he felt his heart leap with joy. Not only was it leaping with joy from being hugged like this by Grace, but also leaping with joy with the new information that he had successfully made the Gryffindor Quidditch team in his first year as his desired position- seeker. He couldn’t believe it! Just like his old dad! Surely his father was going to be both proud and impressed with him! What a pleasure to write home about! Chase was initially shocked into a stunned silence as Grace wrapped him in a tight hug, but soon it started to settle in. He had made the team- he was Gryffindor’s official seeker.

“I- I did?!” Chase asked excitedly as a huge open-mouthed and eager smile formed on his face. His face was tinted red slightly from blushing at the hug from Grace. Chase was suspended in disbelief, but extremely proud of himself and relieved he had achieved his ultimate goal and made the team. It was a dream come true. “I did it!” Chase eventually proudly proclaimed, letting it all sink in now, “I made it! I’m Gryffindor seeker!” he said happily, really processing that he was officially a member of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. He’d followed directly in the footsteps of his father and older brother just like he dreamed to do- made the Quidditch team as seeker in only his first year, a rarity for many. It took a special and highly talented type of first year to make the house Quidditch team their first year. Chase had done it.

“Thank you thank you thank you Grace!” Chase said happily as now he too joined in the hug, wrapping his arms around her body and squeezing her tightly as he rejoiced, closing his eyes and smiling, enjoying the moment. “Thank you for checking! Thank you for believing in me every step of the way! Thank you for all of your kind words!” he told her gratefully. She’d been his number one supporter and fan since they met and he told her of his aspirations to be a Quidditch seeker this year. Sure, he had a lot of challenges ahead of him, but right now he’d achieved a victory- he had made the team. Step one was down and out of the way now. He had an important role to fill on Gryffindor’s team and he needed to practice and play his best to prove himself that he belonged on that team despite his young age. He was going to probably be the only 11 year old on that team.

With that, he also knew in the back of his mind he would eventually have to face off directly against his older brother whenever Gryffindor played Slytherin. Gryffindor vs Slytherin games were always more intense and high stakes. It was the greatest rivalry in Hogwarts and that certainly extended to the Quidditch teams. Gryffindor vs Slytherin games were always hotly contested and highly intense. Now it would be brother vs brother with the seekers when the two teams played each other. No one knew who Chase was- everyone knew who Thomas Crosby was. Thomas Crosby was popular, good looking, and the talented seeker and captain for Slytherin. He was a “household name.” No one knew who Chase Crosby was, his younger brother. Yet…. Chase intended to finally make a name for himself. Thomas had told him he made a name for himself on his own, so, Chase was going to take his advice to heart.

And what a treat it would be for the spectators as unbeknownst to Chase right now, the first Quidditch game of the season was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. He was going to be facing off against his older brother. The stands were always packed for these intense rivalry games. Gryffindor and Slytherin students tended to feel very passionate about their Quidditch teams, more so than the other houses like Ravenclaw that strictly valued academics and intelligence. But the atmosphere of a Gryffindor vs Slytherin rivalry Quidditch game was electric. Chase dreaded the challenge he knew he would eventually have to face- he knew at some point he would have to face his much more popular and more established and talented older brother when they played Slytherin, but he didn’t know yet that this challenge would come so soon…. For now though, Chase was enjoying the moment, celebrating happily the fact that he was officially Gryffindor’s new seeker.

Grace Walsh
As Chase hugged her and thanked her, Grace just felt happier for him and hugged him just a bit tighter. She was glad she could deliver the news, she was glad she could spend this moment with him. "You're welcome, Chase! I'm so happy for you!" She said one last time before they separated from the hug. She had to admit though, Chase gave the best hugs. She didn't have much to compare to but she'd always say that his were number one.

"Now that you've made it on the team, I'm sure to be at your next game. You'll do great!" She said in anticipation of his first ever game. That would also be Grace's very first Quidditch game since she never watched any growing up. But now she couldn't wait to see Chase play in real time.

Chase Crosby

48344318-6859-49C8-99A1-D3DB71DA7D58.gif

Chase nodded and smiled, his cheeks still tinted a gentle shade of pink from the flattered blushing. He nodded, determined not only to impress her as she was his crush, but to impress the Gryffindor Quidditch team and secretly, most of all, his own brother- Thomas Crosby, who would be playing against him one day as Slytherin’s captain and seeker. As she mentioned the first Quidditch game, Chase felt butterflies in his stomach just thinking about it. The next Quidditch game was to be Chase’s first playing at Hogwarts. As a kid living in his magical neighborhood in the wizarding world, Chase had of course gotten into Quidditch and playing it from a very young age, as his father Andrew Crosby was a very talented Quidditch player himself who wanted to get both of his sons into the magical sport too. And that he did, as both Thomas and Chase grew up playing the game. Thomas followed in his father’s footsteps and eventually made his house’s Quidditch team in only his first year as an 11 year old and not yet known their father yet, Chase had done the very same thing today as well.

But he had to enjoy the moment now. Boy, did Grace give really great hugs, he thought to himself. He could get used to this…. Hell, the prospect of a hug from Grace would be enough motivation for him to want to win every Quidditch match this year! Imagine that, he thought. He’d be in heaven and winning every game! Well, that was IF he was winning every game, which was infeasible.
“Thank you again, Grace,” said the young new seeker for Gryffindor softly and politely with a little almost sheepish smile. “I can’t wait to see you there!” he added with an eager grin, excited at the thought of Grace coming to cheer him on during his Quidditch games. It’d give him that much more extra motivation.

Soon, it was time for the two to part ways as curfew was approaching in not too long.
“Bye Grace! See ya tomorrow!” Chase said with a big smile, “I’ll let you know when the first game is! I heard they’re gonna tell the team tomorrow!” he said with a grin. Chase then gave her a big wave goodbye and headed off on his way to the Gryffindor Tower dormitories after saying goodbye to Grace. He soon went to sleep, a very happy little Gryffindor. But little did the young lion know what was to come…. The next day did come as did the first official meeting of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Chase remembered feeling his stomach drop as his eyes widened when the captain, Mitchell Markstrom, informed the team of the first game of the season- it was to be Gryffindor be Slytherin, a high stakes rivalry affair. How could Chase have been so dumb? Of course it was going to be Gryffindor vs Slytherin! That was the first Quidditch game of the season for YEARS! But now Chase felt a sense of dread as he knew not only would the whole house be playing for pride in the most historic rivalry in Hogwarts, but he would be directly facing off with his big jerk older brother in a week….

-

Soon, it wasn’t too long until that fateful day arrived. About a week had passed and classes went on in Hogwarts. But of course, every student, even those not in the battling Gryffindor and Slytherin houses, were excitedly buzzing about the big first Quidditch match of the season to come. The pressure was on both teams and their players. The eyes of the whole school were watching….

-

Chase had dreaded it all week. It was all the poor young Gryffindor could think of during classes. It ate at him, chewing him up inside it seemed. Because of his nerves and stress about performing well against his house’s historically biggest rival and more specifically, his brother for his own family pride, Chase’s grades had slipped a little bit that week. He wasn’t a star student to begin with (unlike his older brother, which was something he secretly envied to a degree….), but having stresses about the big upcoming Quidditch game sure didn’t help the youngest Crosby boy’s case.

Eventually the day of the highly anticipated Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch game arrived. Chase was now dressed in his Gryffindor crimson red Quidditch robes with the house’s secondary gold color on the insides of the robes. He looked the part for sure, now could he play the part? The youngest member of the Gryffindor team, the brown haired seeker, looked particularly visibly nervous. It was clear the nerves were proving to be a little bit too overwhelming for the young 11 year old Gryffindor boy in his very first start in front of the crowd and in a Hogwarts Quidditch game. This was no little league Quidditch match from back home…. Chase felt the worst feeling of butterflies in his stomach he had ever felt in his life. He hadn’t spoken to his brother since the day of Quidditch tryouts when Thomas has bullied him, which Chase found odd. He would’ve thought for sure that Thomas would want to get a few words in to bully him and both scare and taunt him before the big match. Surely Thomas knew the results now and knew his brother was Gryffindor’s seeker. Of course, Thomas hadn’t congratulated his little brother on the impressive feat, but that was expected sadly….

From inside the Gryffindor team locker, Chase could hear the roar of the crowd. He hadn’t been out to the pitch since before the students arrived in their sections, but he could tell it was just PACKED. It all helped to add to Chase’s nerves, the poor little kid was terrified. Chase took his flying goggles and stuffed them into the pocket of his robes for now as the rest of his Gryffindor teammates suited up, slipping on their robes and any protective gear needed, grabbing their brooms and other Quidditch equipment such as the sticks needed by the beaters. Some made quiet conversation to ease their nerves and take their mind off the big game ahead, others preferred to completely close off and remain silent, in their own heads mentally preparing and getting locked in for the game. If you looked around in the Gryffindor locker room, you’d think the kids were getting ready for a bloody battle in a war. But maybe that’s just what they were doing- preparing for a war…. And of course the most utterly terrified and nervous looking among them all was the youngest, Chase Crosby, their little seeker.

This was a big game for him particularly. He felt that he had more to gain or lose than any one on this Gryffindor team. While yes, playing against their house rival Slytherin was HUGE for EVERYONE involved and it was very much playing for their pride, Chase felt he had that much more to play for adding on the fact that he was going to be pitted against his older brother. The handsome and highly talented, highly popular athlete, Thomas Crosby, was Slytherin’s beloved team captain and seeker, playing the position Chase had and years ago, their father Andrew for Gryffindor when he attended Hogwarts. Chase sat on one of the benches, looking down at the ground and bouncing his leg nervously, looking almost like he had just seen a ghost. The only one who didn’t look the least bit nervous was their captain, the chaser, Mitch Markstrom. He didn’t look arrogant by any means, but surely there was a visible air of confidence about the Gryffindor captain who proudly wore a golden C on his crimson red Gryffindor Quidditch robes. Outside, the team could hear the announcer hyping everyone up. They could hear the filled to the brim Gryffindor and Slytherin students in their sections of the crowd going wild, waiting for the players to take to the pitch.

Chase gulped nervously as his teammates began lining up behind Mitch, getting ready to take the pitch after their captain. A few of his now new teammates, some older boys, silently nodded and gave Chase a little encouraging pat on the back as they passed by.
“Get ready boys!”’shouted the captain Mitchell, “Give ‘Em bloody hell! Keep it clean boys and girls!” the captain added. “Audentis fortuna invat!” Mitch shouted, invoking a cheer from the rest of the Gryffindor team. It mean “Fortune favors the brave,” in Latin. Chase gulped nervously as he got up and clutched his new speedy Firebolt broom in his hands and prepared to mount it. Before they took to the pitch, Chase thought of Grace and how she was most likely in the audience out there. Yes she was in the Slytherin section, but he wondered if she was cheering for him or Slytherin over him since it was her own house. He hoped she was at least thinking of him if not cheering for him. Regardless, just her presence alone was admittedly a little motivation for the boy to do exceptionally well in front of his crush.

Soon, the team could hear the announcers loudly hyping up the entry of the players, welcoming both the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams to the Quidditch pitch. “That’s our cue boys! Mount your brooms and get out there!” Mitch commanded valiantly as the captain led them out of the tunnel and out onto the vast green pitch in front of a sell out roaring crowd. Chase felt the butterflies acting up in his tummy as he both gulped nervously and took a deep breath in order to settle it down. The young seeker mounted his broom and was the last one of of the Gryffindor locker room, tailing the long line of Gryffindor players as they flew out to the pitch and circled around on their end briefly before the start of the game. The crowd went wild, cheering loudly for the two teams, the Gryffindor and Slytherin sections particularly the loudest and rowdiest. They both cheered in appreciation for their respective team and jeered at the opposing teams. It was so overwhelming for young Chase, he wondered how Thomas, his father- hell, ANYONE did it! But he tried not to look down at the crowd. The poor seeker though looked visibly nervous- not a good look for a seeker to have. In contrast, on the other end, his brother, the Slytherin seeker and captain all dressed in his emerald green Slytherin Quidditch robes, a large silver C on his robes’ chest area, looked as confident, even cocky, as ever. Thomas Crosby wore a shit-eating smirk as he puffed out his chest boastfully as he tended to do. The Gryffindor captain looked confident, but he kept it classy. Thomas one the other hand wasn’t afraid to be a cocky asshole, and the Slytherin crowd and team loved their captain for it. It also made him easy to hate for those cheering against Slytherin of course.

Chase didn’t want to pay his older brother any mind but he just had to get a quick glance over at his brother. The two locked eyes from the different ends of the Quidditch pitch, and Thomas’ brow furrowed as he glared at Chase, causing Chase’s heart to leap as his eyes widened with fear. Thomas then proceeded to make a throat slitting motion towards Chase, pointing directly at him to make sure he knew it was for him. Chase gulped as he saw Thomas mouth something along the lines about “fucking him up.” This wasn’t a good start… the fear tactics were already being brought out… and worse- they were working…. Thomas then returned to warming up a little bit, getting comfortable on the broom as he took some laps with his team, and Chase did the same with Gryffindor on their end of the the pitch. Soon, the players were signaled and told to get into position as the captains were called to the center for the ceremonial hand shake. Chase flew up to his position, getting ready to chase after the golden snitch once it was released later in the game. He watched his brother go to the center and glare at Mitchell, the Gryffindor captain. Chase could tell Thomas had a disdain for Gryffindor’s captain, but Mitch didn’t seem to care or let it break him as he seemed unfazed, keeping it classy as usual. As he watched, he could tell Thomas had purposely gripped Mitch’s hand a little too firmly, seeing Mitch slightly wince but keep his composure as the two team captains eventually broke the handshake and flew over to their respective positions to get ready for the game.

A much older Madame Hooch stood below, getting ready to release the Quaffle. It was 2002 and she was clearly reaching the end of her days teaching flying here at Hogwarts. “Now, I want a good clean game as always!” she reminded all of the players. But everyone who had watched Quidditch knew that was particularly directed towards the Slytherin house. Typically, for years, Slytherin had played an aggressive and even dirty style of Quidditch. It seemed to just be the traditional playing style of Slytherin, even as far back to when the Hogwarts Quidditch teams were founded many years ago. Madame Hooch then gave a stern look over at Slytherin’s captain, Chase’s own brother Thomas. “That means you, Crosby…” she muttered, warning the Slytherin seeker and captain. Thomas just smirked and tried to put on an innocent grin. Thomas prided himself on his aggressive play style and the way he captained the Slytherin team. He was inspired by the likes of the great former Slytherin captain, Marcus Flint, who would play a dirty game back in the days of Harry Potter in the 90’s. Thomas nodded as did some of the surrounding players. But Chase could see some of the Slytherin players exchange glances and smirks as he saw his brother deviously smirking at his teammates. This was going to be a dirty game…. Chase could tell…. It only made him dread it more.

Soon, the crowd roared as Madame Hooch released the Quaffle and the players got into position. The first Quidditch match of the season was underway! Gryffindor vs Slytherin! Chase nervously awaited up above the eventual release of the coveted golden snitch later in the game. On the other end, Chase could see his older brother Thomas up on his broom, waiting for the snitch as well, surveying the performance of his team. It looked like Slytherin’s captain was almost looking down at his little minions… it was sickening. Chase couldn’t stand the arrogance of his older brother. He looked over at Thomas who soon, had his own brown eyes wander over to his little brother who looked so strikingly similar to him- like a younger twin. Chase’s eyes widened as their two sets of chocolate brown eyes met and locked for a moment. Chase could see Thomas smirking. He wasn’t going to play nice with his baby brother- that was clear. “Surprised they give out seeker to just about anyone on Gryffindor these days!“ Thomas shouted over at his brother from the other end, trying to get in his head. No one but them could really hear over the noise of the loud crowd. “Looks like their last great seeker was father, eh?” Thomas asked as he sneered at his younger brother.

Chase just looked straight forward now, making sure not to looked at his brother and let the older boy get into his head. Thomas just smirked, waiting for a bit before speaking again, seeing his brother wasn’t going to crack so easily. The game went on below them as the two sat idly floating on their brooms, both the latest model of the Firebolt from their parents. “You know,” said Thomas, making one-sided conversation as he kept that cocky grin on his face, “I’m sure they’ll let you be the water boy for the team once they realize what a mistake it was to put you as seeker and they kick you off of the team after this game,” said Thomas boldly. His shit-eating smirk of course did not falter at all. Thomas paused, waiting for any sort of a response. When none came and Chase just kept staring ahead of him and down at the game, his teeth gritted holding back rage, Thomas spoke again. “Eh Crosby? Right?” he asked, as if trying to validate his statements and as if Chase would say yes. Also interesting to note was that Thomas was calling his little brother by their own last name…. His brother really was an asshole, but he wasn’t going to let these tactics get to him. He had to stay strong- for Gryffindor… for Grace…. “Hey! Crosby! Wrackspurt got your tongue, eh? Something stuck in your ears?” Thomas shouted and jeered over to his younger brother. Chase remained silent and unbroken. Little did the cocky Slytherin captain and seeker know, the golden snitch was about to be released…. Slytherin down below as laying a beating on the Gryffindor team. Spirits were low down 60-10 on the Gryffindor team with Slytherin well in the lead.

Grace Walsh
It was finally time! The very first Quidditch game of the season. Chase told her about the date and she was sure to go, the whole school was practically eager to see how this game would kick off the season. And to add onto the anticipated game, it would be a Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match. Two of the biggest most prideful houses going head to head with those years of rivalry on the line, it just made the game the talk of the entire school.

But Grace was torn, she wanted to cheer for her house but also wanted to cheer for Chase. But she knew that she couldn't cheer for him publicly, everyone would look at her weird and it would sure start a lot of rumors.She decided to get to that bridge when she got to it, but she always knew that she would be cheering for Chase in her heart.

She honestly couldn't wait to see Chase fly and play, guessing from the tryouts, he would get that snitch in no time. But she also knew his opponent, Slytherin's it-boy Thomas Crosby. Over the days before the match, Grace has heard her fair share of Thomas talk from boys and girls alike. She heard of his charms and all but most of all, she heard about his playing style. It was no secret the Slytherin plays dirty, it's been an unspoken tradition for years, she just hoped that nothing too bad would happen to Chase on the field today.

With some of her friends from Slytherin house in tow, they made their way up to the stands of their house to see the game play out. Although she didn't know much about how the game was played, her friends took the chance to explain everything to her, even retelling famous games throughout the years from their parent's and even grandparent's years at Hogwarts.

Settled into their seats, the game started soon after. The players walked out onto the field and flew up into the air. She found Chase and smiled. Although he looked nervous, Grace knew that his skills would show through, he's the only first year that made it on the team after all. Once Madame Hooch let go of the snitch, everyone roared to life. People cheered for their friends and partners and generally their own house, hoping that they would take the lead.

And soon enough, Slytherin had a 50 point lead. Sure Grace was proud of her house but Chase must feel so sad that their team was on the losing side. Trying to find him on the pitch, she spotted him and Thomas, fighting for the snitch, and she was sure that Thomas was picking at his brother.

Unfortunately Grace was too preoccupied with watching the two brothers that she missed something major happening on the field. Slytherins play dirty, and that was happening right now. A Slytherin Chaser was taunting a Gryffindor player, pushing and shoving him, but one strong shove was enough.

As the two players were fighting for the Quaffle, they neared the Slytherin section of the stands. Shoving the Gryffindor player hard, he lost control of his broom and came crashing into the stands, right where Grace was sitting. Some people sitting around her moved away just in time, but Grace didn't notice until it was too late. The player crashed right into Grace.

Her scream was heard right before the collision but after it happened, she was blacking out, she felt like her entire body hurt, she was also probably bleeding from the broken wood of the stands digging into her skin, not to mention the Quidditch player that was on top of her. She felt like fainting, losing consciousness quickly and soon she was out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back