• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Charon Character Sheets

Winona

No, I don't have too many characters.
Make sure to have the basic information on your sheet, but also include your character's backstories all the way up to what caused them to pass away. Thanks!

venues hate him!

mothers deplore him!

hoshi "dokushin" asanuma

A play on the term for an unmarried man, the nickname "Dokushin" is written phonetically, as to also include the term "doku", which means "poison".

the basics.

name
Hoshi Asanuma
nickname
Dokushin
date of birth
Febuary 9th, 1959
date of death
June 12th, 1986
sexuality
Unknown

the visage.

height
5'7 / 170 cm
weight
142 lbs / 64 kg
hair
Scruffy and black, tied back with a headband or scarf of some kind.
eyes
Brown eyes. You can always see the whites, like he's a nervous cow.
features
The scruffy first vestiges of facial hair.
body type
A skinny body with sort of a paunch on him.
face claim
Eye Yamantaka

he's goddamn insane!

the personality.

There's almost no thrill Hoshi wouldn't seek, almost nothing he wouldn't try. Some call him a genius, others call him a madman. He's definitely one of those artistic types, the kinds who seem to have no limits. He has very little self-preservation instinct, which makes it incredible that he managed to survive for a whole 27 years. He's not a bad guy, he's actually pretty nice, but he's also pretty fucking mental. He's actually been avoiding getting on the boat by "politely" allowing other people to go ahead of him.

the virtues.

Brave

Almost to a stupid degree. There's no challenge that Hoshi won't face down, even if it's one that he probably can't overcome. He's well and truly fearless.

Original

You probably won't meet another man like Hoshi in your lifetime, or your deathtime, for that matter.

Passionate

Hoshi likes to say that he "puts his whole ass" into everything he cares about. And he'd never half-ass two things when he could whole-ass one.

Fun

This man is pure lightning in a bottle. He's exciting, he's wild, he's wholly unpredictable. He's good fun, if you enjoy that kind of thing, but he also knows when to wind down and enjoy more quiet activities, like reading.

Intelligent

Despite his repeated showings of poor decision making, Hoshi is actually pretty smart. He considers himself an enthusiast in philosophy, he spent years studying fine arts, and he's even good at more conventional school subjects like science and literature. He's even good at math, despite finding it remarkably dull.

the vices

Vulgar

Some call him 'insensitive', others just call him 'nasty', Hoshi made a living off of having no filter. He says what he wants, and oftentimes, what he wants to say is pretty weird and kind of gross.

Autosadism

The level of self-directed violence Hoshi has been known to take part in borders on repeat suicide attempts. He fully lacks self-preservation instinct and will throw himself in the way of any danger simply because it gives him a rush of adrenaline. Thankfully, he's already dead.

Easily Bored

Hoshi can't deal with being in one place for too long, can't handle silence for more than a minute. He's always in motion, as if something is chasing after him. He'll drop a hobby in an instant if he gets sick of it.

Stubborn

Hoshi does what he wants. He doesn't listen to anyone, not even the law, unless they give him a damn good reason.

Intense

Despite his best efforts, Hoshi has a terrible habit of coming on too strong. He's loud, boisterous, rowdy, and in some cases, kind of irritating.

likes.

Making noise, lighting fires, small venues, big dogs, tonkatsu.

dislikes.

Silence, skyscrapers, the shinkansen, radish, hornets.

youth

Hoshi was born at the very beginning of Japan's 'Golden 60's' to a young couple, Masako and Junichi Asanuma. Junichi was a rail worker, and Masako was his stay-at-home wife. They lived in Tokyo during a time of rapid technological advancement. Masako, a country girl at heart, clearly felt alienated by the sudden and swift progress, and spent most of her time indoors. This was also due to the fact that the air at the time was filthy. Hoshi was sent to school in a facemask long before it was considered the norm worldwide.

The city was not particularly hospitable towards human beings, instead it felt like everyone was on autopilot. It was harsh, and cold, and robotic.

At some point, during the early 70's, Junichi was fired from his position due to his involvement in railway protests and riots. Hoshi remembered this, because he remembered that he started taking the bus at that time.

growth

(suicide tw)

Unemployed, Junichi Asanuma turned to the bottle. This meant Masako had to make the money, but it was hard due to limited opportunities for women at that time. As soon as he could, Hoshi began working part-time. This interfered with his ability to excel in school, but with the turbulent Vietnam war taking place so closeby, he could hardly think about his own future.

His father went missing when he was fifteen. He was found later, a mess of body parts dragged across the tracks of the shinkansen. Masako never asked "why".

Hoshi believed himself to be a financial burden, even with his contributions, so he began saving money. After his sixteenth birthday, he moved away to Kyoto, with a promise to send letters and visit often. He did make good on those promises, but he also had to drop school entirely, meaning he'd have no chance of entering a college. He worked multiple part-time jobs, not discovering his real passion until 1980, when he found himself wandering into a small concert venue.

The band playing was called Hijokaidan, and their music was absolutely filthy. Heinous, intense noise, breaking stage lights, shattering instruments, layers of sound. An all-out assault. Hoshi fell in love, and his fears of no future were quickly washed away.

death

Going under the name Dokushin, Hoshi began playing small shows. He didn't know how to play a guitar, and didn't even own one, so instead he purchased an old bass off of a coworker and constructed his sound around deep, thrumming bass riffs. He also quickly became known for putting on some intense shows. He got banned from most bigger venues for breaking equipment and even getting in fights with patrons just for the thrill.

He developed a devoted cult fanbase and released two albums under the Alchemy label. He also ramped up his intensity. One story tells of him hiding a knife in his pocket and stabbing himself with it, but miraculously surviving due to missing any vital organs. Another mentions him bringing a motorcycle into the venue and taking it apart with a crowbar.

His final show would be one his fans wouldn't soon forget. He requested a lighter from an audience member, who would later jokingly be known as the Dokushin Killer. It turned out that, behind one of the amplifiers, Hoshi had hidden a gas can. He poured the gas across his chest and lit it. To this day, nobody knows if he intended to die or not, but regardless, he was killed by his heart stopping after multiple third-degree burns. Nobody could stop him, since the venue went up in flames as well, having also gotten some gas on it and being pretty poorly fireproofed.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
(MAJOR) WIP

Loraine Dean
Very confused, yet a bit intrigued
Charon's Ferry
Why darling, don't be so dull

NAME: Loraine "Lori" Millicent Dean
DOB: July 12 1903
DOD: July 12 1931
SEXUALITY: Bisexual
FACECLAIM: Marlene Dietrich

PERSONALITY: In her youth, Marlene was a vivacious young lady, a hotshot with no respect for rules. She dreamed of daring adventures, of flights of passion and the most swoon worthy of romances. As a child, she'd cocoon herself in her bed and crack open her books- The Wizard of Oz, The Brown Fairy Book, Peter and Wendy- and disappear into them, breaking the monotony of her existence and becoming something more.

Marlene belonged to the Dean family, the eldest daughter of James Dean, one of the head honcho's of the oil business. James was a stiff, unflinching man, and was dead set on getting Marlene onto the right "track": education, marriage, and children, a lifetime of socialite dinners and monotony. This might be precisely why Marlene rebelled against her father, dancing on tabletops, having passionate love affairs- behaving in all the ways a lady shouldn't.

VIRTUES:

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
placeholder. wip.

Alexander de Quincy

Lancaster Gunner

Familial disappointment

♡coded by uxie♡

bshw6AknQOXZbDEVZzp88SxkAsohWhZqjT5W-_VGsk_lz8G8ymCwhudIkCYIKM5kbdnFIikt_EHAj-LnwsdLqCVjGtGllK3ddF05xxFMpMJenOuKeBwP6Qf57WPkIaRTMHMb0XmKnil_-zIW2dl6x34

Name: Anita Harrington
Age (at time of death): 79 (1921-2000)
Sexuality: Straight
Hair: Pre-death: white, short, and curled
Eyes: Green
Face Claim: Shirley Slade

Personality: Ah, I was such a spitfire when I was young. Thought I could take on the world. And I thought the world would deserve it. I didn’t even get my daddy’s permission to join WASP, I just walked in at the age of 19 and signed up. I wanted to do more for the war and against those nazis than just recycling metal and victory gardens. I wanted to make a difference.

I calmed down after the war, of course, marriage and 3 sons would do that to anyone. With a life full of men, I had to be the steady hand. Patient and accepting. I was their anchor in the craziness of life

Life: WASP pilot|Home maker| Doting Grandmother
Death: Heart Disease is what they say, but really, I knew it was my time. Robert was never the type to be patient, and I’d made him wait so long already.

((I'll fill it out more in a bit. I just wanted the basic idea to be shown))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back