• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Charmed Friends IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Just Me.

J the Sleepyhead
The sun was high in the sky, people were taking walks or taking out their children to play in the park or playgrounds and Shar was close to being done with the organization of the needed papers in the antique shop so she would get to work there the next day.

In Shar's absence, a friend had taken care of the shop for her and she had done a very good job so Shar would be finished sooner then she had thought. While she walked around the shop and looked at all the items she held a list and put a check mark next to the items she found. There were three left and once she reached the last she sighed happily before walking to the counter to grab her keys.

It had been a few days since she had returned to San Francisco but only today did she find the phone numbers of her best friends again. Shar felt guilty for having called them less and less until her last call to any of the two girls had been half a year ago. She felt like the girls needed to get together again and 're-bond' over drinks at Shar's house.

Once the calls were made Shar drove to the store to get snacks, drinks and some other groceries she had run out of and returned home to prepare everything for her best friends visit. Shar was nervous yet excited to see the girls again and smiled as the time got closer to eight o'clock.

Joselyn Roi Sumner

images

Tags: Just Me. Just Me.

Feeling: Uncertain

"Roie, gising na anong oras na!" Julie yelled from the first floor prompting Joss to get up from her bed, hair still a mess and still clearly sleepy. "Ugh... It's too early, Nay." She replied back, not really good at speaking her mother's native tongue but she does understand it. She unwillingly got up to get her mother to stop slamming the excess wood at the stairs. "I'm up, stop slamming the wood. You'll make Nana Letty's head hurt." With the mention of her grandmother Jullie stopped and just mentioned that breakfast was ready. Joss brushed her hair and washed her face before going down to get breakfast, sliding herself on the stairs rail. The smell of burnt food floated in the air, and the source was her one and only mother. She found the woman resting her hip on the counter focused on her phone. "Nay!" She shouted for her mother's attention and pointed at the food. "Oh shit." That was her mother's most favorite word. After her mother's struggle with the burnt pancake, Julie mentioned that she had to go because of a faculty meeting so early in the morning. Her mother told her to eat the food, which was all burnt pancake. "Seriously, who burns pancakes?" She asked to no one in particular. Joss then threw all the bad ones and made a new batch with the batter her mother has left.

Joss slowly walked to a re-purposed old room in the first floor carrying two plateful of pancakes, one with blueberries and the other strawberries. "Hey, Nana," She spoke softly not wanting her grandmother to have a sudden waking. Leticia slowly opened her eyes and smiled at her granddaughter, patting the side of the bed. "pancakes with strawberries, my favorite." Joss giggled at her grandmother, stating that every food she brings in is always her favorite. After the meal, Joss washed the dishes thoroughly when the doorbell rang. "Oh! That must be Maya." She ran to the door and opened up to a nurse, not that far from her age and a good friend. "Morning!" Maya greeted with a cheerful smile and Joss greeted her back. "Now you go get to fixing yourself up, ya still got work in an hour and a half!" It was true, work in the newspaper is a bit demanding right now. Joss whipered a thanks as Maya proceeded to her Nana's room while she goes up to take a shower.

An hour and fifteen minutes later she is parking her bicycle at the front of San Francisco Chronicle, dressed in a pink blouse and navy blue pants. She rushed inside, pushing her glasses upward every time it slips the bridge of her nose. "Did I make it in time?" She asked to the woman beside her and answered with a yes, she didn't recognize her but the woman's eyes had a chocolate brown color, like hers, a sweet looking smile but everything else has this impish feel to it. Joss didn't know her and yet she seemed so familiar, "Do I know you?" The unknown woman shaking her head. "But I do know you! Call me Lucy, I'm the new intern!" She held out her hand and shook Joss' with great vigor. Well this day is going to be a bit interesting. She said to herself, smiling while Lucy is still shaking her hand.

At five twenty-three, she got a text from Quentin with the cell phone that he gave her for her birthday. Hey, I'm not sure but I think I saw Moreau earlier when I passed by the antique shop earlier today. Joss shrugged it off, thinking maybe that he was messing with her, like always, or that he was just seeing things. Once she got home, her Nana was sleeping, her mom was home and Maya left an hour ago. She quickly changed her clothes, not liking the way her clothes cling to her skin and wore something more comfortable. "Roie! Someone wants to talk to you!" Her mother screamed with her high-pitched voice. "Tsk." A habit when Joss gets even the littlest of irritation. She went back down fast, and picked up the phone. "Hello?" She said with soft voice. The duration of the call only lasted a minute or two, but during that call Joss couldn't even say a word to say back. The only thing running to her head is that Shar is back and she invited Joss at her house. "Uh, Nay? I'm going out. Don't wait for me, I might just sleep at a friends house. Her mother gave her the stink eye and Joss could only groan in her mind. "I'm going to Shar's. She's back and invited me to eat." Not waiting for another word from her mom, she left riding her bike once again.

Joss was already at the front of Shar's house, she flipped her phone, looking at the time. She is thirty minutes early from the said time and Jossis always early and never late. Joss is nervous, so very nervous to see her friend again after so long. Questions filled her mind like, how should she act, what could she say, what should she talk about, or should she tell Shar about Ray. In her mind is endless question after question and she doesn't know the answer to any. With a big huff after all her pacing, she decided to knock on the door with more force than she intended too, hugging the not so cheap bottle of Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey she bought on the way there.

Last edited:

Reese Reyland

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (interacting) and Just Me. Just Me. (indirect)
[IMG='align:right;']http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/38700000/Chloe-Bennet-Flowers-chloe-bennet-38727571-245-245.png[/IMG]
"Yo! Sunshine, someone's ringing your phone!"

Brushing off the irritation she felt at the familiar nickname she wheeled herself from under the car and wiped the grease from her hands onto the overals before grabbing the phone from her coworker with a murmur of thanks.

"Reese here."

The voice that greeted her on the other end nearly caused her to drop the phone in shock when she realised who it was. She'd realised before the other girl had even finished saying her first word Reese realised with a jolt, ignoring the burst of familiarity that welled up in her chest as she listened to Shar's voice. The voice she hadn't heard in years, not since the phone calls stopped.

When she found out it was Shar on the phone her immediate urge was to question how on earth the girl had gotten her number followed by a mixture of happiness that her best friend was back and anger at the fact that Shar seemed to want to pick up where she left off.

It felt a little too late for that.

But she found herself agreeing to go over to the other girls house and told herself it wasn't because she missed her or anything like that. It was just the decision that made sense, she'd get some free food and drink and then leave to either go crash at the place she was currently calling home or to the nearest bar.

Numbly she confirmed she was available and listened to Shar's excited response before the other girl called out a goodbye and hung up.

She felt someone come up from behind her, "Who was that?" A voice, Leo, questioned with a curious tone. One that turned to concern when she turned around, "You look like you've seen a ghost kid."

It was a testament to how shocked she was that she didn't correct him when he called her a kid and instead anxiously bit her lip. "I, uh, guess I have." She chuckled almost hysterically, "Heard from one at least." And she ran hand through her hair, a nervous tic that she'd later regret as her hands were still grease-strained, "Charlie's back....she invited me round to hers tonight...at eight."

She couldn't see him but she could practically feel the confused expression on his face as he took in her less than thrilled expression, "Wouldn't that be a good thing? Getting to see her again...I've been saying for ages that you should just reach out to her and now she's back it's like fate or something."

"So you think I should go?"

He nodded, "Why wouldn't I? It's a quiet day and you're meant to finish at six anyways."

"Jocelyn will be there."

"And?" He prompted.

Ray let out a breath she didn't realise she'd been holding and started to walk back towards the car, "And Joselyn hasn't spoken to me in years."

"Oh."

"Exactly."

He frowned thoughtfully for a second before shrugging, "Still think you should go."

"And why's that?" She muttered as she grabbed a wrench and moved to start working on the car again.

"Because maybe if you go you'll finally find out why."

"Who says I care about why she did it?"

He didn't reply. It was something they'd butted heads about multiple times, Leo telling her to reach out to Joss and not understanding that Reese had tried that multiple times and it just hadn't worked. The argument wasn’t new, and was guaranteed to leave them both frustrated. So she moved the conversation back to its original topic, "So do I go?"

"It's up to you kid." A phone rang in the office before she could reply and ended their conversation, Reese sighed and got onto the board and wheeled herself underneath the car - a thoughtful expression on her face.

Maybe it would be good to see them again.

Six o'clock rolled around faster than she'd have liked and Reese found herself stood outside of Leo's office, anxiously tapping her foot against the ground.

"I'll go." She said as he opened the door, answering the question she knew he was about to ask.

"Great," He thought for a second before shrugging, "I'll give you a lift...my sister lives near there."

"I didn't tell you the address?"

"I have quite a few sisters."

She knew better than to argue with him, instead she tried to ignore the guilt she felt at receiving yet another favour from the man and instead thanked him as she hurried up the stairs next to his office to freshen up.

One hour and forty minutes later she found herself outside of Charlotte's home. It looked the same it had the day she left and Reese felt the wave of nostalgia that hit her as she thought about that day.

If only she'd realised it was the beginning of the end for them, the three musketeers she used to refer to them as and now she was sat in a car outside the house feeling like a stranger.

She gripped the door-handle tight with both hands and braced herself for the sight she'd see upon getting out of the car. Either no one would be there yet and she'd have time to mentally prepare herself or Joss would be there and she'd have to stop herself doing something she'd regret. She knew she'd enjoy it in the moment, definitely, but she didn't want to make things awkward for Shar. This was meant to be about reconnecting, seeing an old friend again and catching up and just generally having fun.

It wasn't meant to be about her, it wasn't about her or Joss.

She could do this.

"Are you getting out or what?" Leo chuckled as he watched her, the idea that he was laughing at her was annoying but she wasn't about to argue with him or rebuke him for it. She probably did look quite strange.

Instead she grabbed the bouquet of flowers that she'd grabbed on the way there, she'd wanted to get a bottle of Vodka or Bourbon but had been warned against that idea. She still thought it was a brilliant one but hadn't wanted to annoy the person giving her a lift.

"Right," She nodded but otherwise made no move to get out of the car and instead turned to face him, "This'll go okay right? Like..I can totally do this?"

Rolling his eyes he nodded and made a shoo-ing motion with his had.

Reese readied herself, straightening up slightly as she pushed open the car door and got out. Trying not to damage the flowers or get petals everywhere. She shot Leo a mock salute and waved as he honked his horn and drove off.

She could do this, totally, definitely.

Spinning on her heels she turned away from the car and walk towards Shar's porch when she was greeted with an entirely expected but frustrating sight. Jocelyn. Joss. Joss who was hugging a bottle of Bourbon, it reminded Ray of someone holding a shield in front of them, at least there was a plus to the girls presence.

Absurdly she felt a small wave of anger at the realisation that Joss was as nervous about this as she was, it wouldn't be as awkward as it was if it wasn't for her. If she hadn't abandoned her then the two could have been happily talking outside after having arrived together and joking about the fact that Charlie had forgotten about them whilst doing terrible Australian accents.

Instead it felt like they were strangers.

Forcing a smile onto her face she walked towards the other girl, her hands tightening a bit too tightly on the bouquet to the point where she was worried her grip would snap the fragile stems.

What she wanted to say was: Hey Joss, remember me? The girl you ignored for the past five years? Instead she said "Joss," In an all too clearly forced cheerful tone, "Hi! Long time no see , right? Feels like I haven't seen you in forever."

Okay, she could not do this.

Shar had been anxiously waiting for her two best friends. Sure it had been years since they had actually seen each other but she still thought of them as her best friends.

In her mind a friendship like theirs couldn't die just because of some distance and a few years of not seeing each other in person. As kids they were like sisters and Shar missed the two more then she had known until she had heard their voices again over the phone.

She had prepared everything needed for the night and then double and triple checked just to make sure nothing was missing. "Okay so maybe I am freaking out just a little bit" she told herself as she took a deep breath and calmed down. Yes years of not seeing someone could do that to you, make you nervous where you usually wouldn't have been.

Once the time came Shar's excitement was back once again and she burst through the door with a big smile as she moved on autopilot and hugged the two girls to herself "oh I am so happy you came! Come on in! Everything is prepared for an epic reuniting girls night!" She said as she stepped aside and motioned the girls inside.

Joselyn Roi Sumner

images

Tags: Mephobia Mephobia Just Me. Just Me.

Feeling: Wrecked on the INSIDE

"Should I really be here right now?" She questioned herself as she stood by the door in the cold night. She felt as if she was forgetting something. Something important. Amidst the thinking, Joss couldn't help but be excited to see one of her best friend in such a long time. She couldn't knock on the door or ring it's doorbell as Joss has been used to standing and waiting for one to open everyt ime, a bad habit some might say. Always waiting never initiating.

Joselyn flipped her phone once again to check the time. Ten minutes more until eight. "Maybe I should leave?" She asked herself once again before deciding to leave after all, feeling as if she isn't ready for this to happen to her so suddenly. When she turned around she saw Ray. Reese Reyland getting out of a car with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Joselyn could only stare like a deer in headlights. Was it just her or Ray seemed to look more beautiful in her eyes that before? She could feel her heart thumping louder in her chest as if it wanted to get out. She remembered why she wanted to leave. She didn't want to see Ray. She felt guilty with suddenly leaving one of her best friend, avoiding her like she's some deadly disease but at that time without Shar, Joselyn didn't know how she'd be able to contain herself. Her feelings for Ray. But somehow, seeing her today she felt more enamored, more love strucked than ever before that by this time Joselyn won't be able to stop her feelings anymore. “Joss.” Ray said with forcefulness and that brought Joselyn back to the real world.

“Reese.” Joss said with quivering uncertainty. She couldn't give it a warmth or any sort of familiarity. Not after what she did. She didn't really know how to respond with Ray's sarcastic statement. She could feel herself sweating, she wants to vomit, she's freakin’ scared and she might cry at any moment now. She opened her mouth, wanting to say that she's sorry then Shar came out of the door bursting with excitement. Joss tensed up, looking at Ray with sad eyes as Shar hugged the both of them clearly enthusiastic for the night. Joselyn hugged back, albeit not as forceful as the one who hugged them. “It's great to see you too, Charlotte.” She wasn't sure why, but she couldn't call her Shar or Charlie, like when she couldn't call Reese with her nickname. Ray. They were all best friends but strangers at the same time. Familiar but also not. It's been too long since they've all been together. And she thinks that in that time, a lot has changed for all three of them.

Joss walked into the house, placing the bourbon at the kitchen's counter top. “I… uh, bought a bottle. I don't really drink and I'm not sure if you like whiskey but here it is!” Joss said with a hint of cheerfulness, the actress inside her subduing her nervousness and want to vomit.

Last edited:
Alexyss could hear the Elder's talking above about a gathering happening, but she was too busy helping one of her charges calling for help. immediately he orbed to their home and healed their near but not quite fatal wound. She gave them a small scolding though she was never too harsh on them. They accidentally mixed two explosive roots together and bumped into a knife. She them leaves their home and orbs back to the shop so she can water some of the flowers that needed tending and close up shop.

Hearing the familiar chiming in the air Alexyss looked up for a second realizing the Elder's were calling for her. She set down the flower pot and closed up shop. She walked to the back room and orbed up to hear what they have to say. It was quite a surprise to know the charmed ones all together, Alexyss understood it was her duty to lead the girls and guide them to "catch" up for lost time. She gives a curt nod and orb back down to the backroom. Alexyss opens the door and grabs a pot that holds Geraniums. She locks up show and walks towards her car and drives towards the home where they were residing, it was a good thing she wasn't too far from the home.

Soon she exits her car and walks to the door, she pats down her clothes and gently knocks on the door, She held the pot and put on her gentle welcoming smile. Once the door opens she notices all three girls, "Ah good evening, I'm Alexyss the local florist. I'm not sure I've seen you around before, but I do this to every new neighbor or person I greet. It's a nice welcoming don't you think? Anyways here, these are Geraniums. Basically meaning true friendship. It has an amazing aroma smell to it and rarely needs to be poured in water" She said gently handing the flower pot to them. "Now if you girls need anything I'm always open at the shop"

·witch·

/wɪtʃ/

noun
a woman thought to have magic powers.​

Reese Reyland

The two stood in awkward silence and Reese imagined it almost like a Mexican stand-off, a part of her felt like it was. Reese was full of energy and felt herself tensing up as Jocelyn returned the greeting.

So many questions jumped to the forefront of Reese's mind, fighting and clamoring with each other but she felt them die on her lips before she could voice them. Why did you leave? Was it because of me? Did I do something? Did you always hate me? Do you hate me? All racing through her mind but all questions she was too scared to voice. Did she really want to know the truth? To have years worth of memories tarnished even more so than they already were, right now she could look back on their friendship with a bittersweet smile and a sense of nostalgia only the memories towards the end being ruined by what she'd lost. Being ruined by the fact that the three of them were so close to the end of their friendship and hadn't even known. But if Joss admitted the truth out loud and told her what she both wanted to and was terrified of hearing then it would all be ruined. Every glance, word, look, insecurity and memory over-analyzed and scrutinized to the point where it would all be gone because she'd constantly be reading into them to see if the signs were there. Signs of Jocelyn's dislike of her. Every happy moment, inside joke and memory ruined.

Reese wanted the truth but she was scared to risk that. Their friendship was something she remembered the way people remember the stupid things they did when they were little, she could separate the anger and hurt she felt from them.

Charlotte emerged from her home before Reese could find the courage to voice any of them. The other girl quickly pulled her into a hug and Reese felt herself tensing for a second before returning the familiar embrace. Her enthusiasm was clear and Reese felt herself smiling at the sight, Charlotte really hadn't changed. It was nice to know that some people stayed the same. "It's nice to see you too Charlotte.." Charlotte with a small smile, she hoped that it didn't seem as forced as it felt.

Charlotte welcomed the pair of them inside and Reese found herself following after Joss.

"I'll drink it if you don't." Reese muttered as Jocelyn presented her own housewarming stroke reunion gift. She still wasn't sure why exactly she'd come and she felt herself growing more anxious and uncertain with every second that passed. It felt a bit like a nuclear core burning and threatening to be released. Maybe she was being dramatic but she had so many unresolved feelings from the past few years and now she was being faced with the cause of those feelings. Who couldn't even manage to look her in the eye, she felt a grim sense of satisfaction at that. Maybe she was being a bit twisted or jaded but Jocelyn had abandoned her. Had decided that once Charlotte was gone Reese wasn't worth knowing and that had strung. Made her doubt their entire friendship, made her wonder if Jocelyn had simply put up with her for Charlotte's sake and made her wonder if there was just something about her that drove people away because she was doing a great job of it so far. Her Dad, the many attempts at friendships that came before Charlotte and Jocelyn, Charlotte, Jocelyn and her Mom.

What a great track record.

For all her bravado to Leo about how she didn't care and didn't need to know why she really did and tonight was her only chance at getting some answers.

And maybe her chance at getting her old friends back, getting Charlotte back at least.

"God knows I could do with one." She murmured under her breath, forcing herself to focus on the present and what was actually happening in front of her.

"I also got you something...thought you might like them though I would have brought some better alcohol if I'd known what was going to be on offer." She couldn't stop the snipe slipping past her lips, allowing herself to release some of the anger and hurt she was trying to keep contained. She knew that the whiskey that had been brought wasn't cheap and it was one of the best you could get and guessed that wherever Jocelyn had ended up must have been paying her well, she ignored the surge of jealousy she felt as she thought about that.

She wanted to turn around and apologise to Jocelyn but found herself refocusing on Charlotte instead as she held the flowers out with an uncertain expression on her face. "A friend helped me pick them out, strangely knowledgeable about flowers that one is." Because she did have friends outside of the two girls in front of her. Technically. Her pseudo older brother of a boss was technically a friend and she got along with her coworkers just fine so she hadn't missed the girls at all. Not a bit. Not at all. "Hope you like them Charlotte."

A knock at the door cut her off and she found herself looking at a stranger who was standing at their door nervously, a pot of flowers in hand. Bemused she looked to Charlotte for her reaction and wondered if the other girl had told someone else that the three of them were going to be here. But then the girl, Alexyss, the idea of giving flowers to neighbours was a nice one and Ray knew that there had been some talk about Charlotte returning but she was surprised by how quick the florist in front of her seemed to have found out.

Reese smirked and held back a laugh at the cruel irony of the flowers she'd ordered, true friendship indeed.

code by @pasta

Joselyn Roi Sumner

images

Tags: Mephobia Mephobia Just Me. Just Me. FritoCrashGrl FritoCrashGrl

Feeling: Wrecked on the INSIDE

Joss felt the lump in her throat grow bigger as Reese stated that she'd drink if she wouldn't. Her eyes were filled with sadness that she could never explain. She knows why Reese needs one, it was her, what she did for the past five years. She could the other woman's bitterness as if she can taste it in her mouth. She could hear her heart stammering louder to the point that she could hear it with her ears. She wonders, if Reese were to ask would she be able to answer what it is that she doesn't want for Reese to know? She fears her mother, the abandonment that she'll receive if word gets out, the harsh rejection that Reese will give her the way she envisioned it every night for the past seven years. Joss' chest felt tight, it was getting harder to breathe because of the atmosphere she and Reese were giving off, but she didn't want to ruin this night for Shar, sweet Shar who always shines brightest with her adventurous spirit.

Reese continued to speak, the woman's snipe was hard to ignore. Biting her lips she immediately looked away, trying hard not to look at Reese but still listening in on the conversation while looking at the various and also magnificent ornaments of the house. Friends? Besides Quentin and Maya I never gave it much effort to get new ones. Not with the way Nana is now. She thought to herself quietly, her eyes making it over to the living room. The way the furniture were arranged were different from the last time she was here and she could tell that her old friend had really made the house her own. It made her smile a bit and wondered how her blonde friend's last trip out of the country was. She made a note to ask that later. She went to the rose-esqued wooden sculpture by the foyer near the front door, like it was drawing her closer to it. Touching it, she let out a gasp. The image of a woman their age by the door holding out a potted red plant as a house warming gift. She felt herself shiver. Not that the image was scary but the way it happened felt so surreal. It made her wonder if she was sick on the head for all the pent up stress so she shrugged it away.

She decided it was time to stop being weird and join in on the conversation, not wanting Shar to see that so much has changed the moment she left San Francisco. "So, Shar, how was your last trip? Saw any guys? Where'd you go? What kinds of people did you mee-" She was cut short by a knock on the door. Opening up to a stranger, familiar but a stranger for sure. She claimed to be, Alexyss, the local florist, Joss has been there once or twice. Not that she bothered to remember the florist's face. But something felt off for Joss. The more she stared at Alexyss, the more clearer it was to why she felt so bothered by the woman's face in the first place. Her face went pale, her mind was racing and she wondered if it was just a coincidence but her gut tells her that there is more to it than just a coincidence. "I- I saw you in..." Her voice faltering to barely a whisper. "my head just a minute ago." She said to Alexyss, not wanting to sound like a nutcase but she felt like one as of now. "I went by the store last week right? Brought my Nana some of her favorite flowers!" She quickly covered with much more enthusiasm than needed.

Last edited:
Shar stood in front of both girls with a smile though she was pretty good at hiding how awfully nervous she was feeling. It was like her stomach wanted to attend the Olympics and so some summersalts. Shar nearly winced at Ray's snipe but held her stance. She looked at the bottle and smiled at Joss. "Well we can pass a few drinks around. Thank you Joss I appreciate the gift" she said and gave her a small side hug. She then gently grabbed the flowers, "thank you Ray. I'll be sure to put these in water" she said and gave Ray a side hug as well.

Shar stood there quiet for a while, thinking of something to change the topic. She mentally praised Joss when she talked about her trip hopefully to lighten the sour kind of mood, then again both girls had every right to give this mood off . . She was the one to pack her bags and leave without a good bye or any messages alerting her friends that she was okay. Before planning the get together she had to mentally be prepared for any arguing or anger being thrown at her. She snapped out of her thoughts for a moment and turned her attention to Joss. She opened her mouth to speak until she heard a knock at the door, "I'll get that" she said and turned away from them both and took a few steps towards the door and opened it.

She looked at the women in front of her door step holding flowers, she did seem familiar but couldn't really put her finger on it. She brushed it off a little and looked at Joss not exactly hearing what she said but looked back at the women or Alexyss. "Sure I'll let you know" she said a little bewildered about how Alexyss even knew Shar came back from her trip or how Shar called her friends over. She gently closed the door and looked at the girls. "So . . Shall we?" She walked towards the livingroom.

Alexyss smiled warmly as she crossed her arms gently. She then looked at Joss and heard the mumble, 'its starting already? These charmed ones are going to be more powerful than I thought' alexyss then nodded, "of course, I can never forget a customers face" she said and shifted her feet. "You must be Joss." She then looked at the other girl who was a bit quiet, 'Must be Reese' she thought to herself. "Well I'll be on my way. Take care girls. Call me if you need anything. Don't be afraid to drop by" she waves once and walks off the porch towards her car.

Alexyss knew she had to stay close, they weren't witches yet so she can't hear them calling for help or anything, but if she was near by she can jump in to atleast help. She soon drove away to pretend she was going to the shop, but it was a small diversion to orb out of her car and back to the manor. She had to push the girls to find the book and hopefully know what to do. Alexyss had to make sure she was being careful using one of the powers that came with being a whitelighter which was invisibility. She carefully probed upstairs so none of ththe girls saw her and made her way downstairs and sat in the corner crossing her arms.

·witch·

/wɪtʃ/

noun
a woman thought to have magic powers.​

Reese Reyland

Tags: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum FritoCrashGrl FritoCrashGrl
Mood: Still Bitter/Hurt/Needs a drink
Reese felt her features soften at the mention of Jocelyn's Grandmother, the woman had been great - a total bad ass in the way only Grandmothers could be. She herself hadn't had a grandmother for most of her childhood, her ex-Step Father's Mother being the closest she came to it. The woman had been the living embodiment of a stereotypical grandmother, knitting, cardigans, two Persian cats and a penchant for baking. Reese had wanted to laugh the first time she met the woman, she'd liked the idea of having a grandmother but the visits had been too few and far between for the woman to hold a proper place in her life.

A bitter voice spoke up from the back of her head, effectively ruining the moment, Yet another reason to envy Jocelyn, and how the list seemed to keep growing.

She drew her gaze back to the florist, finding a strange sense of familiarity flare up inside of her. She didn't know the other girl, did she? Maybe she had passed her on the street or maybe she'd bought flowers from her before, something she was doubtful of as she usually just stopped at wherever was cheapest considering her current financial situation.

The ever present buzz in her chest had seemed to grow stronger when the florist was around, like a thousand bees swarming under her skin - it felt like everything around her was vibrating and ready to move and she didn't know what was wrong. Maybe this was what happened when you ignore your feelings for too long, maybe it was anger? That could make sense. Probably.

She felt herself curl in on herself slightly, arms crossed against her chest and pressed firmly against her ribs.

She only relaxed when the woman left, feeling the tension fade slightly although the buzz was still there.

She took a moment to breathe before refocusing on the girls in front of her, following them into the living room. "Nice place Charlotte, love what you've done with it, not that I'd expect anything less...you were always good at that kind of thing though I thought your creative side was more writing than interior design but this is pretty nice." She hoped the words didn't come out as insincere or fake because she meant it, the living room looked nice. Homely and cute but still beautiful and she couldn't help but be impressed by Charlotte's decorating. "And Joss was always good at the pretend stuff right? Amazing what people can fake and pretend, bet some people can do it for years and then just act like everything's fine...I've never been too good at that myself."

Even if she missed the old living room, the one where they'd made forts and had movie nights that descended into popcorn fights or where they'd just hang out together, she understood why Charlotte would have changed it.

And she'd done a good job. "Guess you were always good at that kind of thing, artsy stuff...artsy and animal loving, what a match."

"I was kind of surprised when I wasn't greeted by a million animals when I came here, that's what you went to Australia to do right? Animal work?" Reese frowned for a second before continuing, "You still haven't told us about your trip, what animals did you see? How were the locals? Any summer whirlwind romances we should hear about?" The last sentence was said with a teasing note, reminiscent of the times they'd tease each other whenever someone got a crush on some person at school or had spent hours watching too much TV.

It felt nice, to slip back into that teasing role - even if it felt a bit forced.

The whole thing felt forced.

It was forced in a way, they were all playing catch up to years of memories and moments and changes that none of them knew about. Anything could have happened and she wouldn't know because they had both gone away, had left. Charlotte had moved to Australia and Jocelyn decided that the best way to deal with Charlotte leaving, that was the only reason Reese could think of that didn't involve Jocelyn secretly hating her for years, was to have a clean break and leave her too. At least Charlotte had the excuse of there being two flights, a different timezone and a literal ocean between them whilst Jocelyn had been in the same city the whole time, they'd probably been to the same stores and spoken to the same people without knowing. It had taken her a year to stop waving at people in the street because she thought it was Jocelyn and forgot that even if it had been Jocelyn the other person wasn't going to be waving back.

A year of phone calls and emails and letters.

Followed by years of radio silence.

And now they were inches away from each other, in the same room under the same roof and they were playing pretend. Ignoring the gaping crevasse between them for Charlotte's sake and trying desperately not to fall in.

In a way they were all strangers, no matter what a bunch of flowers from a random girl said. Though Jocelyn seemed to know her, either that or freak out at the idea of a florist being in the area. Reese wasn't sure what to make of that reaction.

But it wasn't important, this was Charlotte's night and Reese wanted to give her that. Even if she was still fighting the urge to confront her other ex-best friend about the radio silence she'd been faced with for the past couple of years.

Joselyn Roi Sumner

images

Tags: Mephobia Mephobia FritoCrashGrl FritoCrashGrl

Feeling: Can't tell. It's all so mixed up

Joss was feeling sweaty. She almost made herself sound crazy in front of every one. She must've have had one of those dreams before, like dé ja vu. Her heart beat had slowed down but she was still a bit iffy about everything with the florist. Like some spooky coincidence. Shar walked to the living room, inviting the other two in. Ray started the conversation, complimenting Shar's decorating. "Agreed. It's not like before but it's very you, giving out this warmth and brightness that you have." She spoke with sincerity and with a smile that immediately turn to a thin line when Ray had mentioned her.

Joselyn's body has tensed at the sound of her name coming out of Ray's mouth. She could clearly tell that it was sarcasm. Her heart broke at the mere thought of theatre and at what ssh's been doing the past few years. "Theatre." She spoke softly but she didn't want to dwell on it and just gave a quippy yeah that. What Reese said was true. Joselyn was good at it, and Reese on the other hand wasn't.

Guilt kept building up inside her and without knowing she has taken three glasses from the kitchen, not sure when she did it, and the bourbon that she brought, with the right amount of liquid for a shot. Subconciously knowing that everything is too much for her to handle and is needing of a drink. She handed one for Shar, and another to Reese but before anything she looked at Reese's eyes. Eyes forlorn and intense, as if asking for a truce just this one time and talk it out at a later date. After handing Reese her glass, Joss smiled and raised her glass. "Bottom's up!" Downing the drink, not wanting to spoil Shar's night. The alcohol was sweet, corny, and oakey. For once, she liked the taste of alcohol.

"So, spill the beans of what you'vebeen doing this whole time, Shar." Joss stated excitedly, burying down the guilt and utter despair that she has been feeling all these years.

It almost felt impossible to breathe inside the manor, the tension was thick and Shar thought she might pass out. She gently took the glass mumbling a small thank you and smiled at the girls. "W-Well I did meet a lot of animals you know, spiders, snakes . . . All that Australian stuff. The kangaroos were my favorite part." She giggled softly and looked at her drink. It felt like it was going to be a long night so she finished her drink in one gulp. "Anyways I did meet this guy" she said nervously.

"He was one of the other interns working with me, his name was Marcus." Shar set the glass down gently. "He was a real eye opener, always liked to talk and spew facts. At first he seemed annoying until I got to actually meet him. We went out on a couple of days exploring Austrailia until I realized it was time to go back. I asked him to come with me but he refused. It was one of the summertime flings" Shar smiled remembering all the times they had before shrugging it off, "What about you guys?" She asked. Shar was reallly hoping to lighten the mood before going into the deep conversation of apologies or explaining why she left and why she didn't call.

Alexyss crossed her arms shaking her head. 'Don't dance around the subject girls' she thought and looked around the house. She soon got the idea and went upstairs towards the attic. Might as well get started on moving the book where the girls can see. She set the Book of Shadows in the open reminding herself once one of them finds it she flips to the page for one of them to read so they can regain their powers. She soon left the attic and went back to the livingroom. She hoped they would read the book before they were attacked.

Alexyss looked around the livingroom knowing she was going to call in a partner of hers named Jason to do 'repairs'. He could help her guide the girls since he could grab their attention more than she could ever. She snapped out of her thoughts and paid attention to each of their conversations, wanting to understand each of their feelings and such. She knew this wasn't going to be smooth since each had a rough time, but she had hope and that was all she needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back