Experiences Character Deaths

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
What ones have you got? From yourself, or others (either ones you witnessed or caused.)

1. Angry construction worker led a horde of zombies to a military checkpoint that wouldn't let him pass, one guy's soldier char was getting back from taking a piss and got devoured, along with my state trooper chick (we were GMs) and some random National Guard NPCs. He was horrified and riddled with guilt, because he thought it would just be an annoyance at most.

2. Giving someone the "JFK experience" was the funniest thing I've seen used to describe the execution of someone's character.

3. Suicide by ordering someone to disintegrate them with a laser.

Last edited:
It has long been my dream to be in a RP that has lived long enough to actually witness a character death

I have killed off far too many characters to even mention them all here(what can I say I like the drama and development that comes from it). One of my more memorable ones, though, was the District 8 girl, Paige Alwin, in a Hunger Games RP I did years ago. I created her knowing she was doomed from the start so the idea I had in my head was to make her death as memorable as I could. She was a rebel so was forced into the games(Reaping was rigged against her). She realized this shortly before entering the arena, thus she dedicated her entire time in the arena to keeping her weak and scrawny partner alive, even if only to spite President Snow. In the end she was successful, creating one of the biggest upsets in the history of the games.

How did she die? Well, she made herself into a human shield to kill off the District 2 girl. There were fiery meteorites raining down on the last remaining tributes, she went into their path and pinned down the District 2 girl(who died instantly). Finally her partner mercy killed her by slitting her throat so President Snow could not have the satisfaction of killing her. It was a pretty significant and emotional scene too since it set the stage for her partner then going on to become a rebel. I actually have a headcanon that Woof, the old guy who becomes tribute in the 75th games, actually volunteered in his place because he was a propagandist. Woof was old anyway and knew that the younger guy and his propaganda was needed to keep the revolution alive.

Last edited:
I had a really horrible villain character that I played by request of my friend. He was the dad of the friends character. He was maybe the most evil character I've played - I don't tend to play out and out nasty horrible characters that often. Anyway the son killed him and framed him for a crime that he committed himself. The son received tons of kudos and so forth but probably also a bit of guilt... That was the only character I've had die during a roleplay. And it was good. Fun to play an utter bastard for once and gratifying to see him get killed.

I've often told my rp partners that I don't mind if my characters die if it makes for good story but so far no one has been willing to kill them. Usually I get a reaction like D: if I mention it.

I got one character in a something like a superhero rp.
Basiclly, It was this another big encounter against one of the three main villains and my character got upper hand in a fight for most of the fight. He didn't have any great powers, but outsmarted the enemy in the way he used them.
But I made him a typical hero type that tried to change heart of that evil guy and as no of his words reached the villain. I just made him get close to him and get himself stabbed. He convinced the villain on his true nature before he died and then he slowly died, falling at the floor.

I witnessed more deaths than this, but in this was one of a few.. Not meaningless deaths.

One of my favorite RPs that ran to its conclusion, ended with the death of my own MC. She'd made a deal with a demon years ago, and it was time to pay the toll. She didn't fight it, though -- to be fair, she was also a bit suicidal throughout the course of this (you don't make deals with demons if you're okay in the head), so it wasn't a terrible thing for her.

Another one that was not at the end was of a favorite side character in a medieval-fantasy RP, Dominick, who died in pursuit of nobles who were starting an uprising against the new king. He had been the second-in-command of the Royal Guard and generally well-loved, so it was a blow to the morale for many. He was also one of the few in the Royal Guard who didn't have some form of magic to him, so his skill was considered pretty damn high to rank with magic-users, haha.

I know I upset someone quite a bit in a Game of Thrones RP by killing a gruff vassal in the West who was quite good at leading the charge -- so his death was kind of inevitable at some point in war xD I've honestly forgotten his name now, though I know he was of House Vikary. I just remember the reaction was delicious.

There's definitely been others, but like Clintob mentioned, a lot of them have been kind of meaningless deaths in the larger scheme and didn't elicit any particular reactions.

Can't remember if anyone I've played with has died, but my only character death was in the last dnd campaign I was in. My character did drugs and with my lucky rolls died instantly. He got better, though.

These are all pretty old, back from when I GMed a lot of zombie stuff.

1. Player tried swimming across a frozen river in the equivalent of Siberia and froze to death, obviously.

2. Tried to hit a street lamp with a crowbar while surrounded by zombies, in hopes that it would fall down on them. (same guy) Got ate.

3. Chased by zombies, locked himself in a bathroom with no windows, tried and failed to shoot them through the door, then punched a hole through it and got his arm ripped off.

4. Guy tried punching a soldier with an auto-shotgun, got beaten up, then got eaten by zombies after being handcuffed to a sign outside.

Last edited:
These are all pretty old, back from when I GMed a lot of zombie stuff.

1. Player tried swimming across a frozen river in the equivalent of Siberia and froze to death, obviously.

2. Tried to hit a street lamp with a crowbar while surrounded by zombies, in hopes that it would down on them. (same guy) Got ate.

3. Chased by zombies, locked himself in a bathroom with no windows, tried and failed to shoot them through the door, then punched a hole through it and got his arm ripped off.

4. Guy tried punching a soldier with an auto-shotgun, got beaten up, then got eaten by zombies after being handcuffed to a sign outside.
I like to imagine this is all a singular immortal character who is just a little too dim for his own good

I like to imagine this is all a singular immortal character who is just a little too dim for his own good

The first guy died in every RP of mine he joined, one way or another, lol.

Sometimes they live long enough to become mass murderers, though. A biker guy, and some Russian chick working as a gas station attendant ended up killing the most NPCs.

Reminds me of another one; char was bleeding to death in a car after being lit up by bandits, and the biker ended up driving past him without noticing (I mean, he probably looked like a zombie.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back