Carmen Shade

Sexual Orientation:
Pansexual

Regular or Irregular?:
Regular

Species:
Human

Personality:
Carmen is very quiet, never saying more than necessary. Enjoying relaxing near bodies of water she can be found in places near water. Somewhat sarcastic, she is a huge fan of puns, crafting witty wordplay and jokes as the opportunity allows, although her puns are awful and she has a terrible, timing, delivery and sense of humor. She is quite clumsy around others and gets flustered easily when she's not talking or fighting. However, once Carmen has had a few drinks, all of her common sense goes out the window. She gains a devious and manipulative persona when intoxicated. She will push aside any notion to quit drinking and is not above forcefully encouraging others to drink with her. Carmen loves to sing a creepy little song that is the only thing she remembers from her childhood.

Position:
Wave Controller: Wonsulsa & Dansulsa

Affiliation:
Loosely FUG

Abilities and skills:

Heaven's Daggers: Carmen can create a large amount of small Shinsoo projectiles that circle around the enemy and are shot down upon them. Exploding at the center point.

Heaven's Breath: A warm breath from her mouth that heals wounds and replenishes another's energy at cost of her own shinsoo. Although she does not need to kiss someone to use it, she often does for fun. After this Carmen is unable to use any of the moves below without some sort of rest. Depending on how well the other character is healed will determine how weak she becomes afterwards

Cyclone Hearth: Wonsul that is expanded and contracted to act as a temporary shield or a wall.

Hidden Autumn: A literal heavy mist created using Dansul to hide herself and others and creates floating leaf shaped objects of compressed Shinsoo that explodes when turning a deep crimson.

Gaelic Wing: Carmen can manifest a wispy, mist gel-like hand from her back, which she can use to take hold of various objects, regardless of whether it has a solid form or not.

Camenae: Using Shinsoo and the air around them Carmen creates a large vortex of shinsoo that sucks anything in a vicinity three times the size of the vortex. Carmen is capable of creating limbs for the vortex using a variation of Gaelic Wing. However, this is highly unstable and Carmen has yet to perfect it. Only able to create a small vortex no more than a foot in diameter for ten minutes, with as much suction as a vacuums cleaner, before passing out. Therefore currently it is completely useless unless you want to clean your room fast and get your stuff back in a wet clump of semi-shredded material.

[Good Shinsoo resistance.]

Weapons: N/A

History : Looking quite innocent and kind you wouldn't assume that behind those innocent eyes Carmen has seen a lot of evil in her long life. Growing up in the Outer Tower she was alone for as long as she could remember. Poor and helpless she stayed away from others for as long as she can, but listened like a rat in the walls. Using her small frame and adept listening skills she made money spying on others. From her work she learned about the Tower, the tests, Shinsoo, and the ability to grant wishes if you reached the top. She started studying Shinsoo alone and quickly grew into a skilled user of Shinsoo.

She was talented enough that a Ranker took notice of the girl and trained her when they visited the Outer Tower. Training her harder than she ever trained before her new parent pushed her to her limit and beyond to the point of torture. Not taking the kind approach the girl was beaten and broken more times than she could count, making her life even harder, but it molded her into what her mentor wanted.

After years of torture and training One day, she gave her bought meal to a homeless child and she went hungry. It was the first time in a long time that she ever interacted with someone let alone helped them. That night she curled up against the wall of a demolished building and closed her eyes. It was at this time after a long wait she finally heard the worlds, "would you like to climb?"

As a flower that let go of the light of the morning
Seeks out the rain that won't fall,
It falls into a sleep it can't wake from.

A soft voice that softly calls someone.
Is the paradise of darkness
A lie, or a dream?
What I will lose is my body
And my heart that makes me myself.
Once I hold out the compensation
I wonder what I will gain in return?

Is life so fragile and fleeting
That it is stolen by these tears
And it grieves and "fears"
The end
That all beings arrive at?

The marigold that sings demise
Silently reaches full bloom
By reeling in hatred
And sadness
With it's sound.
As the marigold that sings demise
And is enriched by loneliness

Lost in the waves of
wail that rips memories to shreds,
Tonight's love and hate,
And the past and the present.
At the ends of the place where
The cowardly soul arrived,
I wonder what you can see.

In the things I can hold on to with these hands of mine
There are too many words of betrayal.
Some time ago,
I believed in the love that I saw,
But now I want to escape this loneliness.

By reeling in feelings of love
And yearning,
And swallowing them up with its leaves.

If the time comes when someday hope and despair turn into nothingness,
I'm sure they will notice the whereabouts of truth.

TO LIVE ITSELF IS PAINFUL.
BUT EVEN SO, I WANT TO BE HERE.
BECAUSE THIS GRATING SOUND IN MY HEART
IS PROOF THAT I AM STILL ALIVE.

Even if I become all alone.

By reeling in hatred
And sadness
With it's sound.

To make sure that the flower does not wilt,
It saps the nourishment out of the defiant earth.
The echoing funeral requiem
Dissolves into the dry wind.

Last edited:
Takagaki.Kaede.full.1855379.jpg
Character Sheet:
Name
: Carmen Shade

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Regular or Irregular?: Regular

Species: Human

Personality: Carmen is very quiet, never saying more than necessary. Enjoying relaxing near bodies of water she can be found in places near water. Somewhat sarcastic, she is a huge fan of puns, crafting witty wordplay and jokes as the opportunity allows, although her puns are awful and she has a terrible, timing, delivery and sense of humor. She is quite clumsy around others and gets flustered easily when she's not talking or fighting. However, once Carmen has had a few drinks, all of her common sense goes out the window. She gains a devious and manipulative persona when intoxicated. She will push aside any notion to quit drinking and is not above forcefully encouraging others to drink with her. Carmen loves to sing a creepy little song that is the only thing she remembers from her childhood.

Position: Wave Controller: Wonsulsa & Dansulsa

Affiliation: loosely FUG

Abilities and skills:

Heaven's Daggers: Carmen can create a large amount of small Shinsoo projectiles that circle around the enemy and are shot down upon them. Exploding at the center point.

Heaven's Breath: A warm breath from her mouth that heals wounds and replenishes another's energy at cost of her own shinsoo. Although she does not need to kiss someone to use it, she often does for fun. After this Carmen is unable to use any of the moves below without some sort of rest. Depending on how well the other character is healed will determine how weak she becomes afterwards

Cyclone Hearth: Wonsul that is expanded and contracted to act as a temporary shield or a wall.

Hidden Autumn: A literal heavy mist created using Dansul to hide herself and others and creates floating leaf shaped objects of compressed Shinsoo that explodes when turning a deep crimson.

Gaelic Wing: Carmen can manifest a wispy, mist gel-like hand from her back, which she can use to take hold of various objects, regardless of whether it has a solid form or not.

Camenae: Using Shinsoo and the air around them Carmen creates a large vortex of shinsoo that sucks anything in a vicinity three times the size of the vortex. Carmen is capable of creating limbs for the vortex using a variation of Gaelic Wing. However, this is highly unstable and Carmen has yet to perfect it. Only able to create a small vortex no more than a foot in diameter for ten minutes, with as much suction as a vacuums cleaner, before passing out. Therefore currently it is completely useless unless you want to clean your room fast and get your stuff back in a wet clump of semi-shredded material.

[Unnaturally high Shinsoo resistance.]

Weapons: N/A

History : Looking quite innocent and kind you wouldn't assume that behind those innocent eyes Carmen has seen a lot of evil in her long life. Growing up in the Outer Tower she was alone for as long as she could remember. Poor and helpless she stayed away from others for as long as she can, but listened like a rat in the walls. Using her small frame and adept listening skills she made money spying on others. From her work she learned about the Tower, the tests, Shinsoo, and the ability to grant wishes if you reached the top. She started studying Shinsoo alone and quickly grew into a skilled user of Shinsoo.

She was talented enough that a Ranker took notice of the girl and trained her when they visited the Outer Tower. Training her harder than she ever trained before her new parent pushed her to her limit and beyond to the point of torture. Not taking the kind approach the girl was beaten and broken more times than she could count, making her life even harder, but it molded her into what her mentor wanted.

After years of torture and training One day, she gave her bought meal to a homeless child and she went hungry. It was the first time in a long time that she ever interacted with someone let alone helped them. That night she curled up against the wall of a demolished building and closed her eyes. It was at this time after a long wait she finally heard the worlds, "would you like to climb?"

As a flower that let go of the light of the morning

A soft voice that softly calls someone.
Is the paradise of darkness
A lie, or a dream?
What I will lose is my body
And my heart that makes me myself.
Once I hold out the compensation
I wonder what I will gain in return?

Is life so fragile and fleeting
That it is stolen by these tears
And it grieves and "fears"
The end
That all beings arrive at?

By reeling in hatred
And sadness
With it's sound.

Lost in the waves of
wail that rips memories to shreds,
Tonight's love and hate,
And the past and the present.
At the ends of the place where
The cowardly soul arrived,
I wonder what you can see.

In the things I can hold on to with these hands of mine
There are too many words of betrayal.
Some time ago,
I believed in the love that I saw,
But now I want to escape this loneliness.

By reeling in feelings of love
And yearning,
And swallowing them up with its leaves.

If the time comes when someday hope and despair turn into nothingness,
I'm sure they will notice the whereabouts of truth.

TO LIVE ITSELF IS PAINFUL.
BUT EVEN SO, I WANT TO BE HERE.
BECAUSE THIS GRATING SOUND IN MY HEART
IS PROOF THAT I AM STILL ALIVE.

Even if I become all alone.

By reeling in hatred
And sadness
With it's sound.

To make sure that the flower does not wilt,
It saps the nourishment out of the defiant earth.
The echoing funeral requiem
Dissolves into the dry wind.
Change Unnaturally high Shinsoo resistance to Good or Very Good Shinsoo resistance and she's accepted.

Name: Lo Po Bia Exnor

Sexual Orientation: heterosexual

Q: Regular or Irregular? ->A: Regular

Species: metahuman (apparently)

Appearance:
0bddefb1929785445c96653687753c2f.jpg

Personality: Exnor is confident in his abilities, cunning, loves combat, has a habit of being harsh, and can display "lone wolf" tendencies sometimes, mostly when he feels that he must do something on his own. Despite his simingly cold and rude persona, however, he deeply values friendship and greatly respects those who show a strong will to live, to fight, and/or to achieve their goals (unless those goals are of a twisted, or immoral nature).

Position: Fisherman

Affiliation: neutral

Abilities and skills:
#Incredibly powerful will- Exnor is extremely resistant to mental, or empathic interferences of any kind.
#Highly impressive combat skills- Exnor has his own way of fighting, making great use of his agility, and performing quite a few acrobacies.
#Excellent physical capabilities- Exnor has superb physical prowes, as he trained his body in order to fight Shinheuh and other strong animals of the Tower.
  • Denser skin, bone, and muscle than what would be considered normal.
  • Enhanced strength- can easily smash through concrete with both kicks and punches. His leg strength enables him to jump around 40 meters in length and 20 in height.
  • Enhanced speed & reflexes- can move at greater speed than most Regulars of the same rank, while his reflexes enable him to react extremely quick to what most people take a lot more time to react to.
  • Supernatual senses- apart from the fact that Exnor's senses of sight, and hearing are highly enhanced ( his vision enables see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, and color, while his ears pick up every single sound, and can decipher layer upon layer of noise), he can also detect the Shinsoo that others use, at a limited range (20-meter radius).
#Shinsoo control (talented)- Exnor can control 1 Baang (the color of his Shinsoo is yellow), and can strengthen his body/dagger with Shinsoo, but he also developed some techniques of his own:
  • Smite- concentrates Shinsoo into his palm, then releases it in the form of a powerful energy blast, akin to a yellow blaze.
  • Firefly Bullet- can fire small beams of Shinsoo through any of his fingers. Not very strong, but fast and with good pearcing power.
  • Freiheit- a peculiar Shinsoo technique. Exnor can use it whenever touches something, or someone. A key symbol appears on his forehead, and yellow electrical sparks start dancing around his body. He uses his own Shinsoo to disrupt certain abilities, or techniques, namely the ones Anima use to subjugate Shinheuh and other creatures, and anything similar. He can also cast it upon Shinsoo-based objects to cancel their effects, although he cannot use this against every such type of object (if the item in question is an Ignition Weapon, or simply too strong/complex, then he cannot use this ability against it).
  • Lux Chains- he can create resistant Shinsoo chains that seem to be made out of light. He can use them as whips, for binding, or wrap them around his hands (to use as makeshift brass knuckles).
chains_of_light_by_azraelthe7thmurderer.jpg

[Good Shinsoo Resistance]

Weapons:
  • An A-grade golden dagger (not an Ignition Weapon).
History:
The Lo Po Bia Family...one of the Ten Great Families, and one famous for its Anima. But among them a rather wierd child was born. Since young, he displayed great talent in combat, and he was also gifted in controlling Shinsoo. He had what it took to become a powerful member of the family in the future, but...

Exnor was not interested in the arts of the Anima, even if he was born with the talent for it. In fact he actually really hated the idea. He always valued freedom, and the fact that Anima subjugated other creatures to do their bidding really angered him. He rebelled against the Lo Po Bia system. He faced against other people of his age without any creature under his control, and researched through all the books about Shinsoo that his family had to offer.

The elites of the family where not exactly pleased with his behaviour, and soon Exnor was forced to leave the family grounds of his branch. He trained in solitude, until he was found by Headon. The "caretaker" of the Tower found the young man's principles and ideas very interesting, so he made Exnor an offer...

"Do you wish to have your wildest desires come true?"
"Naturally." replied Exnor, with a smirk.

Thus, he entered the Tower. His desire: to become the fist Anti-Anima, to become a symbol of fight against oppression, a symbol of true freedom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back